Ramona Shelburne: Lakers Working W/ Deng to Find Trade Partner
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 35, 36, 37  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:51 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
32 wrote:
Who is Ralph Mason? Did anybody here Ramona talk about this on the mason and ireland show?

I did, I was listening to 710 and Ramona was bringing up something about a move and ireland said Ramona will hopefully have more on it... it sounded like trade talk.

Yeah but did Ramona have more on the story? That guy Ralph Mason said she would have a story coming up soon and that was over 2 hours ago.

Have you read a Ramona piece? It'll be done next week and it'll be 1,500 words long!
VincentTH
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

AFireInside619 wrote:
This is also being discussed on the Deng board. Randle is probably as good as gone. I don't think that our front office will part with Ingram or BI though, and here's why... BI is basically untouchable per Magic, and he's definitely been playing like it thus far. Kuz was hand picked by this front office & Magic is enamored with him. He is super cost controlled for the next 4 years or so and he's best friends with Lonzo Ball. There is no way he's out the door. Or so we all hope.

We can always strech Deng's contract!!! There is no need to destroy the team. Magic and Pelinka are not stupid!!!!! I think this is just the other party asks for, and I am sure Magic/Rob would not buy it!!!!
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

Clearly looking at things, I think the Lakers are likely gonna end up trading him for another player with a long contract.. I don't think the Lakers are interested in dealing any of there young players especially considering how they are buying into the culture.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:52 pm    Post subject:

No way we trade BI or Kuzma. However, I wouldn't doubt for a second that we'd trade Randle if it meant getting rid of Deng, but that is super unlikely. If it took Russell to trade Mozgov, it's fair to assume it would take more than Randle to get a team to take on Deng (no matter how well Randle plays from here on out). Still, if Randle suddenly somehow becomes so good at some point this season that a team would do that deal (taking on Deng), he's probably too good for us to trade at that point anyway. Thus, either way, I don't think trade happens.

While we are at it, I have to reiterate that I don't like the idea of trading anyone (other than Deng) unless we first know that the cap space we acquire will actually be used on max guys. Same reason the Russell trade causes so much angst. If we're going to trade away young pieces with potential, better be damn sure you have these free agents ready to sign on the dotted line come July.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:53 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
32 wrote:
Who is Ralph Mason? Did anybody here Ramona talk about this on the mason and ireland show?

I did, I was listening to 710 and Ramona was bringing up something about a move and ireland said Ramona will hopefully have more on it... it sounded like trade talk.

Yeah but did Ramona have more on the story? That guy Ralph Mason said she would have a story coming up soon and that was over 2 hours ago.

I didn't get to know the full detail of the story cause I turned off the radio but trust me it did sound like Ramona was talking about the Lakers working on something, I'm pretty sure someone here heard it.
P.K.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:55 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
So Gadget is the only person on this planet that heard this conversation on mason and ireland show?

AFireInside619
also reported it in the big Deng thread - and before Gadget started this redundant thread.
apparently it's out there
NPZ's Magic Johnson mix: www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8Qbo0WqvOI
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:56 pm    Post subject:

VincentTH wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
This is also being discussed on the Deng board. Randle is probably as good as gone. I don't think that our front office will part with Ingram or BI though, and here's why... BI is basically untouchable per Magic, and he's definitely been playing like it thus far. Kuz was hand picked by this front office & Magic is enamored with him. He is super cost controlled for the next 4 years or so and he's best friends with Lonzo Ball. There is no way he's out the door. Or so we all hope.

We can always strech Deng's contract!!! There is no need to destroy the team. Magic and Pelinka are not stupid!!!!! I think this is just the other party asks for, and I am sure Magic/Rob would not buy it!!!!

I agree, we are finally having fun and Randle at backup 5 is perfect, but you have to listen to what they've been doing and saying. They drafted Kuz & Bryant, two shooters that play the 4 & 5. They want to get two max players. Randle's contract is up, they didn't extend him, and it'll be tough to pay him and get two max players. The chances of Randle being on a different team next summer seems about 90 percent in my opinion. If that's the case why not try and move him for something? This is a puny year anyways. A year to let the young core develop a bit more before we go after 2 max players.
P.K.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:57 pm    Post subject:

Ramona today

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/21319059/luol-deng-los-angeles-lakers-hopeful-play-elsewhere

A Lakers source confirmed that the team has met with Deng's representatives to find a solution -- via trade or buyout -- that would allow him the opportunity to play more.

"You just never know. It could be a month, it could be a week, it could be three months," Deng said. "I don't want something to happen and I'm called upon but my shape holds me back. The challenge is to challenge yourself to be in better shape than if I was playing. Then if I fall short I'm still in good shape."
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:58 pm    Post subject:

It does make sense that we would work with his agent to get him to a place where he would happier and get more playing time. I assume he would prefer playing for a contender too.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:59 pm    Post subject:

Thanks P.K.
MyKRo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:59 pm    Post subject:

Why not just buy him out? Easy scenario, for both parties.
P.K.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:00 pm    Post subject:

P.K. wrote:
Ramona today

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/21319059/luol-deng-los-angeles-lakers-hopeful-play-elsewhere

A Lakers source confirmed that the team has met with Deng's representatives to find a solution -- via trade or buyout -- that would allow him the opportunity to play more.

"You just never know. It could be a month, it could be a week, it could be three months," Deng said. "I don't want something to happen and I'm called upon but my shape holds me back. The challenge is to challenge yourself to be in better shape than if I was playing. Then if I fall short I'm still in good shape."

yes, I'm replying to myself to add additional info

If you read that article fully, it doesn't really say that there is a trade imminent - it simply restates the obvious. They're trying to trade Deng

I haven't heard what Ramona said live today - but I expect it's simply stating the above and then saying "other teams want assets to absorb Dengs contract"
also obvious

Last edited by P.K. on Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:02 pm    Post subject:

P.K. wrote:
32 wrote:
So Gadget is the only person on this planet that heard this conversation on mason and ireland show?

AFireInside619
also reported it in the big Deng thread - and before Gadget started this redundant thread.
apparently it's out there

Let's be honest, I should get credit for creating this thread cause there is probably a lot of people who don't bother opening up the Deng thread
Retired Number
Retired Number

MyKRo wrote:
Why not just buy him out? Easy scenario, for both parties.

That's a lot of money. Right now he's owed approximately $54M.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

P.K. wrote:
Ramona today

How do we buyout someone with 3 years left on his contract? And what is he talking about, "in good shape"? Deng (along with help from Jim & Mitch) is pulling a 72m heist. He's in great shape!
kobe_somebody_odom
Star Player
Star Player

32 wrote:
It does make sense that we would work with his agent to get him to a place where he would happier and get more playing time. I assume he would prefer playing for a contender too.

This is good news.... Ideally Randle + Deng would net a disgruntled star but I don't know if there are any out there.

Randle + Deng for Tristran Thompson + Nets Pick
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:07 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
No way we trade BI or Kuzma. However, I wouldn't doubt for a second that we'd trade Randle if it meant getting rid of Deng, but that is super unlikely. If it took Russell to trade Mozgov, it's fair to assume it would take more than Randle to get a team to take on Deng (no matter how well Randle plays from here on out). Still, if Randle suddenly somehow becomes so good at some point this season that a team would do that deal (taking on Deng), he's probably too good for us to trade at that point anyway. Thus, either way, I don't think trade happens.

While we are at it, I have to reiterate that I don't like the idea of trading anyone (other than Deng) unless we first know that the cap space we acquire will actually be used on max guys. Same reason the Russell trade causes so much angst. If we're going to trade away young pieces with potential, better be damn sure you have these free agents ready to sign on the dotted line come July.

Hard sale for the FO. IF Deng wants to play this season he needs to take a reasonable buyout; I doubt his agent lets him take that route unless Deng assist on getting PT elsewhere...

I think the Lakers FO office did the right thing by putting the ball in Deng & his agents' court.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:07 pm    Post subject:

What about Randle/Deng for Mahinmi and Oubre Jr?
scooterp10
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:10 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:

I think Magic looked at trading Russell as being a net positive. I think he wanted to get rid of him about as bad as he wanted to trade Mosgovs contract.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:13 pm    Post subject:

No chance of attaching BI or Kuz to offload Deng. That’s suicide.
Nnamdi21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:14 pm    Post subject:

whats the urgency this year??
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:16 pm    Post subject:

If Deng is traded, then bye bye Randle. Kuzma and Ingram are untradeable unless insane offer.
jorkerjork
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:17 pm    Post subject:

Just keep him here. Doesn't matter.
TheeChosenLonzo
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:18 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
What about Randle/Deng for Mahinmi and Oubre Jr?

U know Deng and mahinmi have almost the same contracts?
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:20 pm    Post subject:

Julius/Deng/2020 1st for Jeremy Lin/Trevor Booker. Assuming Lin opts in to his final season, the Lakers could stretch his remaining year and take less of a cap hit than if they tried to stretch Deng next summer.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 35, 36, 37  Next
Page 2 of 37
Jump to: