LiAngelo Ball arrested in China for Shoplifting (could face 3-10 years prison)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:26 am    Post subject:

The Lavar Ball/Donald Trump twitter feud is like 2017 in a nutshell
lakerlynx
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:24 pm    Post subject:

Trump: "LaVar is just a poor man's version of Don King, but without the hair."
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:58 pm    Post subject:

can't wait to see what lavar's next move is
Fracture
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:35 pm    Post subject:

Lavar truly is a master troll
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:50 pm    Post subject:

^Apparently he lives in a two-story condo inside the president's head.
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:44 am    Post subject:

lakerlynx wrote:
Trump: "LaVar is just a poor man's version of Don King, but without the hair."

oh my god, gottem
ChickenBeckerman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:34 pm    Post subject:

How much of all this comes down to $ales for BBB merch. Which is pretty much what ALL this is about at the end of the day right?
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:10 pm    Post subject:

LaVar Ball looks ready to end feud with Donald Trump in his own signature way

Quote:
"I'm going to send Trump some ZO2s!" he told TMZ Sports. "We just got them out. ... I gotta ship some to Trump so he can calm down a little bit. Get him some ZO2s so he play on the court. Not in the court, but on the court!
"Them ZO2s is coming for you Trump, when you put them on, you're going to ease up a little bit," he said. "We're all going to have some fun."

Quote:
ESPN's Darren Rovell reported that the Trump-LaVar feud has been worth an estimated $13.2 million in marketing value to the Big Baller Brand, so it's no surprise that LaVar is bringing his product directly into it.

LINK

If I was Trump....I would hold him to it....and if he sends them....put them on, tweet out a picture, and thank him for the shoes.

Doubt any of that happens.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:20 pm    Post subject:

I feel like both feel like they are benefitting from this and think that they are successfully baiting the other, when actually the gain is mutual.

LaVar gets to sell more shoes and Trump gets to dog whistle for his base.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
carlosLisboa
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:17 am    Post subject:

I wonder what happened to the USA...
When the president, facing crisis with N. Korea, trade pacts review, etc., bothers with a D-bag like Lavar.

What's next, the Kardashians and Jenner?

Honestly...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:15 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
LaVar Ball looks ready to end feud with Donald Trump in his own signature way

Quote:
"I'm going to send Trump some ZO2s!" he told TMZ Sports. "We just got them out. ... I gotta ship some to Trump so he can calm down a little bit. Get him some ZO2s so he play on the court. Not in the court, but on the court!
"Them ZO2s is coming for you Trump, when you put them on, you're going to ease up a little bit," he said. "We're all going to have some fun."

Quote:
ESPN's Darren Rovell reported that the Trump-LaVar feud has been worth an estimated $13.2 million in marketing value to the Big Baller Brand, so it's no surprise that LaVar is bringing his product directly into it.

LINK

If I was Trump....I would hold him to it....and if he sends them....put them on, tweet out a picture, and thank him for the shoes.

Doubt any of that happens.

"Not in the court but on the court"... classic
Telleris
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:28 am    Post subject:

carlosLisboa wrote:
I wonder what happened to the USA...
When the president, facing crisis with N. Korea, trade pacts review, etc., bothers with a D-bag like Lavar.

What's next, the Kardashians and Jenner?

Honestly...

Trumps part in these feuds seems to be about 20 seconds of twitter typing (walking from his office to the toilet probably takes longer). Basically my previous sentence was more of this thread's content, than Trump's part in this "feud", I'm somewhat (and i suppose morbidly) curious how many words are written in the media for each word that Trump tweets, it has to be in the thousands, perhaps tens of thousands, but people really should stop projecting how much time they spend on each of his words onto how much time he spends.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:05 pm    Post subject:

https://sports.yahoo.com/kareem-ball-antics-ucla-stained-part-legacy-230157291.html
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:48 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
https://sports.yahoo.com/kareem-ball-antics-ucla-stained-part-legacy-230157291.html

lol - Kareem’s legacy as the greatest center of all time is secure.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:34 pm    Post subject:

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/21667748/lavar-ball-pulls-son-liangelo-ball-ucla

Sorry kid your dad has spoken....
Wonder what will happen next? Transfer to another school? Play in Europe? Pay back Xi by playing in China?

Last edited by lakersken80 on Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
frenchbullcho
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:35 pm    Post subject:

Wish we kept DLO and stayed away from the Ball family.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:41 pm    Post subject:

Wonder what will happen with LaMelo Ball now? Will he still attend UCLA....will they boycott UCLA because of how they treated his older brother? UCLA is probably glad the drama is gone for now.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:00 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Wonder what will happen with LaMelo Ball now? Will he still attend UCLA....will they boycott UCLA because of how they treated his older brother? UCLA is probably glad the drama is gone for now.

The drama saved Alford's ass (even though this was a team that should've gone farther than a Sweet 16 if coached competently). LaMelo was already in some unsure situations regarding his own shoe.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:54 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:

I bet they are as well. No more having to kiss up to Lavar to get LaMelo and LaMelo is way overrated anyway.
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:21 pm    Post subject:

Wow...this has most certainly turned into a dumpster fire.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:31 pm    Post subject:

It's hard for me to feel bad for LiAngelo. He steals multiple times in a foreign country and then he and his dad try to act like he's a victim.

splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:10 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/21667748/lavar-ball-pulls-son-liangelo-ball-ucla

Wonder what will happen next? Transfer to another school? Play in Europe? Pay back Xi by playing in China?
he's not going to any other school per Lavar.

You guys have to remember what ramona and the other reporter uncovered about Lavar when they did their pieces on him and the family awhile back. Lavar if nothing else, is a Trainer by heart. That is where his love lies. not in basketball, not in football, not in any sport. But the mere ability to train someone or something(animals...his words) is what he LOVES to do. Its also why he pulled his wife out of the normal rehab setup. He wanted to do his own at home TRAINING. It has seemed to work well for her thus far.

So since he realized that his son couldnt even practice with the team. thats when he was done. and I some what agree with that. if the end game is to try to get Gelo into the nba(edge of the bench or 6th man...doesnt matter ..just in. lol) he needs to play and practice as much as possible. yes Gelo put this own himself/well him and the other 2 for doing what they did. But we're not talking about that. we're talking about making it to the nba. You need a lot of practice. So no better time than the present to get err done. lastly, Lavar is impatient to some degree. Most Type A Big time business owners or overachievers usually are. He's no different. So him waiting for who knows how long for UCLA to say his son could play or wait a full season was never going to cut it. i was surprised he waited this long to pull him.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:14 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
It's hard for me to feel bad for LiAngelo. He steals multiple times in a foreign country and then he and his dad try to act like he's a victim.
did lavar ask for you to feel bad for gelo? NO

did Gelo ask for you to feel bad for him? NO, he apologized for being stupid. but he's young. thats what young men do. we do stupid stuff when we're 18, 19, 20 years of age on our own for the first time in life. yes pretty much all of us have done something utterly stupid. people who have never stolen a thing in their lives started trying it in college. i saw it with my own eyes. oh steve urkel looking guys smoking weed and drinking all day out of the blue. guys you would never suspect. acting crazy. thats life of a young adult. you get a pass for that dumb china incident. but even if i didnt give him that pass. that aint what lavar is talking about..lol. he's talking about getting his sons to the nba by any means necessary.

This is fun to watch. Lets sit back and watch to see if he can do it 2 more times with these other two ball kids.
Corey78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:43 pm    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
did lavar ask for you to feel bad for gelo? NO

did Gelo ask for you to feel bad for him? NO, he apologized for being stupid. but he's young. thats what young men do. we do stupid stuff when we're 18, 19, 20 years of age on our own for the first time in life. yes pretty much all of us have done something utterly stupid. people who have never stolen a thing in their lives started trying it in college. i saw it with my own eyes. oh steve urkel looking guys smoking weed and drinking all day out of the blue. guys you would never suspect. acting crazy. thats life of a young adult. you get a pass for that dumb china incident. but even if i didnt give him that pass. that aint what lavar is talking about..lol. he's talking about getting his sons to the nba by any means necessary.

This is fun to watch. Lets sit back and watch to see if he can do it 2 more times with these other two ball kids.

While I like your unbridled optimism, Liangelo is not, and will not, be an NBA prospect. Ultimately, I think this hurts him in the end. He's not in Lonzo's league.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:59 pm    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

he's not going to any other school per Lavar.

You guys have to remember what ramona and the other reporter uncovered about Lavar when they did their pieces on him and the family awhile back. Lavar if nothing else, is a Trainer by heart. That is where his love lies. not in basketball, not in football, not in any sport. But the mere ability to train someone or something(animals...his words) is what he LOVES to do. Its also why he pulled his wife out of the normal rehab setup. He wanted to do his own at home TRAINING. It has seemed to work well for her thus far.

So since he realized that his son couldnt even practice with the team. thats when he was done. and I some what agree with that. if the end game is to try to get Gelo into the nba(edge of the bench or 6th man...doesnt matter ..just in. lol) he needs to play and practice as much as possible. yes Gelo put this own himself/well him and the other 2 for doing what they did. But we're not talking about that. we're talking about making it to the nba. You need a lot of practice. So no better time than the present to get err done. lastly, Lavar is impatient to some degree. Most Type A Big time business owners or overachievers usually are. He's no different. So him waiting for who knows how long for UCLA to say his son could play or wait a full season was never going to cut it. i was surprised he waited this long to pull him.

But Lavar could have trained him while he was on suspension. Makes not sense. And then just as important as training is getting in constant minutes of playtime against players at your level. He's not going to get nearly enough of that while getting trained by daddy out in Chino Hills.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 8 of 11
Jump to: