Some of our players get tunnel vision

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
silkwilkes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:09 am    Post subject: Some of our players get tunnel vision

Clarkson, Ingram and KCP being the biggest culprits. What i mean by this is they make up their minds about what they're going to do regardless of what they're facing. They don't adjust to how the defense reacts to them and end up forcing a lot of plays.

To me, that's one of the biggest areas that the coaching staff needs to focus on. There's a fine line between being aggressive and stupidly stubborn. These players need to be taught how to read situations a lot better. I don't have much hope for Clarskson and KCP tbh... but I do with Ingram.

It's surprising because I thought Luke was all about motion and ball movement on offense... yet, we don't really move the ball that well in a half court offense.

Special mention of Randle here... he's really turned a corner where he's become an absolute beast in pick and roll with his reads.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:15 am    Post subject: Re: Some of our players get tunnel vision

silkwilkes wrote:
Clarkson, Ingram and KCP being the biggest culprits. What i mean by this is they make up their minds about what they're going to do regardless of what they're facing. They don't adjust to how the defense reacts to them and end up forcing a lot of plays.

To me, that's one of the biggest areas that the coaching staff needs to focus on. There's a fine line between being aggressive and stupidly stubborn. These players need to be taught how to read situations a lot better. I don't have much hope for Clarskson and KCP tbh... but I do with Ingram.

It's surprising because I thought Luke was all about motion and ball movement on offense... yet, we don't really move the ball that well in a half court offense.

Special mention of Randle here... he's really turned a corner where he's become an absolute beast in pick and roll with his reads.

Yeah, I love the idea of staggering Lonzo's minutes so they get more time to together. Brook's been borderline atrocious on rolls.
Stumpy25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:35 am    Post subject: Re: Some of our players get tunnel vision

greenfrog wrote:
silkwilkes wrote:

Yeah, I love the idea of staggering Lonzo's minutes so they get more time to together. Brook's been borderline atrocious on rolls.

How about playing your backup point guards, that might help.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Some of our players get tunnel vision

Stumpy25 wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
silkwilkes wrote:

How about playing your backup point guards, that might help.

We have one?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: