Simmons and Embiid are the modern day Lebron and Hakeem
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:21 pm    Post subject:

Billy Owens?

Simmons is going to exceed Owens statistically rookie year vs. Owens' best year. I wouldn't even call Owens a point forward. Just because he brought the ball up doesn't mean he created shots for others.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
OregonLakerGuy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:22 pm    Post subject:

Both need to prove durability (among other things) before being mentioned in the same breath as LeBron and Hakeem.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:57 pm    Post subject:

Imagine if the Sixers had drafted Porzingis instead of Okafor and Ball instead of Fultz.

PG Ball
SG Simmons
SF Porzingis
PF Saric
C Embiid

Tallest lineup ever.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
bum2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:04 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Imagine if the Sixers had drafted Porzingis instead of Okafor and Ball instead of Fultz.

PG Ball
SG Simmons
SF Porzingis
PF Saric
C Embiid

Tallest lineup ever.
If they drafted KP, they probably wouldnt have got the early pick to grab Simmons.
But this past summer, they should have drafted Tatum. Especially if Simmons is going to run the point this well and Embiid can create from the block.

You don't need to be convinced about great young players. It just jumps out at you and these 2 guys are just that.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:11 pm    Post subject:

The great thing about Simmons and Embiid is that they play in the east. Between them, the Greek Freak and Porzingis, maybe the conferences will start to be more balanced pretty soon.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:12 pm    Post subject:

Both guys have HOF upside. The Sixers are set.
Lonzo'sBalls
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:31 pm    Post subject:

Embiid is the real deal. He reminded me of Kobe tonight. At least the way I felt, is how I believe other teams fans felt when Kobe went off. Horribly pissed but mad respect.

Simmons is very good but I think he is a tier below Embiid. Great not transcendent.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:05 am    Post subject:

bum2 wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

PG Ball
SG Simmons
SF Porzingis
PF Saric
C Embiid

Tallest lineup ever.
If they drafted KP, they probably wouldnt have got the early pick to grab Simmons.
But this past summer, they should have drafted Tatum. Especially if Simmons is going to run the point this well and Embiid can create from the block.

You don't need to be convinced about great young players. It just jumps out at you and these 2 guys are just that.

I think that they would have, even with KP, drafted Simmons in 2016. The Lakers sucked (thanks Byron) but the Sixers were a full 7(!) games worse. I know Okafor was trash and Porzingis was good, but given Hinkie's tanking philosophy, I don't believe the Sixers would've gotten to 17 wins.
Laker_Dynasty_01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:49 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
compare both rookie stat (LBJ and Simmons)
Simmons: 19.2 pts, 11.8 reb, 4.8 ast (LSU)
LeBron: 20.9 pts, 5.5 reb, 5.9 ast (CLE)
Telleris
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:45 am    Post subject:

Lonzo'sBalls wrote:
Embiid is the real deal. He reminded me of Kobe tonight. At least the way I felt, is how I believe other teams fans felt when Kobe went off. Horribly pissed but mad respect.

Simmons is very good but I think he is a tier below Embiid. Great not transcendent.

That game against the lakers, i think the most pertinent comment was

Simmons had 19-10-9-5 on 60% shooting with 1 turnover in his 14th game and no one cared because Embiid

Simmons isn't a tier below Embiid, but he's a playmaker, not a scorer.
Lonzo'sBalls
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:25 am    Post subject:

Telleris wrote:
Lonzo'sBalls wrote:

That game against the lakers, i think the most pertinent comment was

Simmons had 19-10-9-5 on 60% shooting with 1 turnover in his 14th game and no one cared because Embiid

Simmons isn't a tier below Embiid, but he's a playmaker, not a scorer.

Simmons is absolutely a tier below until he learns to shoot. Embiid has zero holes in his game.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:07 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:

PG Ball
SG Simmons
SF Porzingis
PF Saric
C Embiid

Tallest lineup ever.

Tatum would have been a better choice for them than Ball.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:14 pm    Post subject:

Simmons wanted to be a Laker. Too bad he didn't have a Lavar in his life to make some noise and tell him not to work out for the Sixers.
Ibn Rushd
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:34 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

PG Ball
SG Simmons
SF Porzingis
PF Saric
C Embiid

Tallest lineup ever.

Tatum would have been a better choice for them than Ball.

Thank god they drafted Fultz. A core of Embiid, Simmons, and Tatum is a crazy combination of size, scoring, and playmaking.
LakersNewEra
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:03 pm    Post subject:

Watching the highlights vs Warriors I thought they could contend as early as this season. Both Embiid and Simmons are rookie..ish.
They've been around a little bit longer, developed their bodies, been around the NBA, learned a bit more by being in the NBA environment and therefore matured, got more ready just by being around but the reality is....Simmons has only played about 20 games in his career, Embiid no more than 45 I believe.
They are still growing game to game and especially Embiid IMO could grow by the end of the season into a real superstar level player while Simmons is also amazing.

I know the projection is perhaps a bit too fast and most likely they arent quite there, most likely they will lose to a team like the Cavs in 6 or 7 games but I can see it honestly.. They are not that far away, they abused the Warriors and then lost the game purely on inexperience, not on lack of talent or even depth. And we're talking Warriors. Talent wise they didnt seem outmatched.

They still didnt click and I feel they can get much better and Embiid IMO can play like the best player in the league. Watch out for the Sixers after the All star game or so, theyre still figuring things out. When they click they will be terrifying and I feel it could happen as early as this year.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:46 pm    Post subject:

LakersNewEra wrote:
Watching the highlights vs Warriors I thought they could contend as early as this season. Both Embiid and Simmons are rookie..ish.
They've been around a little bit longer, developed their bodies, been around the NBA, learned a bit more by being in the NBA environment and therefore matured, got more ready just by being around but the reality is....Simmons has only played about 20 games in his career, Embiid no more than 45 I believe.
They are still growing game to game and especially Embiid IMO could grow by the end of the season into a real superstar level player while Simmons is also amazing.

I know the projection is perhaps a bit too fast and most likely they arent quite there, most likely they will lose to a team like the Cavs in 6 or 7 games but I can see it honestly.. They are not that far away, they abused the Warriors and then lost the game purely on inexperience, not on lack of talent or even depth. And we're talking Warriors. Talent wise they didnt seem outmatched.

They still didnt click and I feel they can get much better and Embiid IMO can play like the best player in the league. Watch out for the Sixers after the All star game or so, theyre still figuring things out. When they click they will be terrifying and I feel it could happen as early as this year.

A guy like Otto Porter would be a huge for that team.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:10 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
LakersNewEra wrote:

They have Covington on a cheaper deal.
LakersNewEra
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:53 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
LakersNewEra wrote:

Yup I agree. Maybe trade Saric who is a really good player in his owm right but maybe redundant with Simmons there.
Saric can be a 15/8 player somewhere else and probably has very good trade value. Dangle him for a 3 and D player, either in the Otto Porter mold or a George Hill mold (SG in a PG's body, they dont need a Pg cuz they have Simmons) and then the rest of the league better be terrified.
Embiid and Simmons will click and learn to win games very soon, maybe even this season. Currently they are still playing on raw talent. Maybe they also need that one veteran presence player, someone thats won a ring or two, been there done that.
I can see that team contending this year.
LakersNewEra
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:56 pm    Post subject:

Oh and btw..Fultz will be back in a few weeks. We'll see what he brings.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:55 pm    Post subject:

Ben is Lamar

Embid has to be the first big where he got healthier the older he got. Can’t think of that ever happening.

Probably has a bo Jackson career. Short but filthy
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:35 pm    Post subject:

bum2 wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

PG Ball
SG Simmons
SF Porzingis
PF Saric
C Embiid

Tallest lineup ever.

Yeah, they probably would have.

Look where the Knicks ended up despite having Carmelo with Porzingis.
LakersNewEra
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:36 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
Ben is Lamar

Embid has to be the first big where he got healthier the older he got. Can’t think of that ever happening.

Probably has a bo Jackson career. Short but filthy

Ben is much better than Lamar. Odom was never a scorer. Ben is closer to LeBron than he is to Odom honestly. Odom was never capable of being a first option, didnt have the mentality to be the 2nd option. Simmons on the other hand will be a 25 ppg scorer easily. Much better than Odom IMO.

Embiid if he stays healthy will be one of the best players ever.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:02 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:

PG Ball
SG Simmons
SF Porzingis
PF Saric
C Embiid

Tallest lineup ever.

They don't need more height; they need more defense. They'll probably go after Avery Bradley in the offseason. He's an undersized 2 but he provides the perimeter defense they need. Bradley, Fultz and Simmons would be a great guard rotation.

Porzingis is great but Covington might be a better 3-and-d option for the 76ers; sometimes too many stars isn't a good thing.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: