Official 2018 NBA Draft Thread: Lakers select Moe Wagner (#25), Isaac Bonga (#39), and Svi Mykhailiuk (#47) - see 1st page for draft links
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 169, 170, 171 ... 492, 493, 494  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HOF Rookie
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 12:35 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
NBA "Consensus" Lottery Mock Draft

No. 1 (Suns): Ayton (7)
No. 2 (Kings): Doncic (7)
No. 3 (Hawks): Bagley III (7)
No. 4 (Grizzlies): Jackson, Jr. (5)
No. 5 (Mavericks): Bamba (5)
No. 6 (Magic): Young (5)
No. 7 (Bulls): Bamba (3)
No. 8 (Cavaliers): Porter, Mikal Bridges (2)
No. 9 (Knicks): Carter (3)
No. 10 (76ers): Mikal Bridges (4)
No. 11 (Hornets): Miles Bridges (5)
No. 12 (Clippers): Sexton (3)
No. 13 (Clippers): Williams (4)
No. 14 (Nuggets): Walker (3)

LINK

what are the #'s in parentheses after the names?
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 12:35 pm    Post subject:

PayasoLoco wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
I've seen this strategy happen before, way before twitter and FB were this big, but okay dude.

Why do you think they pulled him out? Hed get exposed?

That's what I think. Why else withdraw? Don't want to prove yourself up into the lottery?

He's trying to protect his given position in the draft based on all of these draft sites, and seems apparently comfortable with it.

Even Diallo attended something, and then is stock plummeted, even when he did well.
https://www.netsdaily.com/2017/5/20/15669306/with-workouts-at-an-end-the-wait-on-diallo-begins

Diallo skipped workout that Adebayo was in
https://www.aseaofblue.com/2017/5/24/15687550/hamidou-diallo-knicks-workout-bam-adebayo-part-of

Quote:

Diallo measured the best vertical leap of all 67 participants at 44.5 inches, giving NBA scouts, coaches and executives one reason to give Diallo a look, even though he didn’t compete in the 5-on-5 drills Thursday. Kentucky coach John Calipari agreed with Diallo’s decision not to compete in the scrimmages.

They don’t know — well, don’t show them,” Calipari said. “They all like you right now without watching you. Good. The more you don’t play, the more they like you. So don’t play. Then if someone takes him in the lottery, I will retire. There’s nothing more I could do. Four months, doesn’t play, lottery pick, I’m done. I’m stopping.

http://www.nkytribune.com/2017/05/uks-diallo-has-impressive-workout-at-nba-draft-combine-but-still-leaving-his-options-open/

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 12:36 pm    Post subject:

PayasoLoco wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
I've seen this strategy happen before, way before twitter and FB were this big, but okay dude.

I would guess that he did not get a 5 on 5 waiver....which would be weird....I think they usually give them to the Top 25ish guys for the most part, especially if they push for one. Sure the truth will come out eventually.
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 12:36 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
noahp45 wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
noahp45 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Jonathan Givony

Verified account

@DraftExpress
7m
7 minutes ago

More
Mitchell Robinson has withdrawn from all NBA Combine activities, including his team interviews this afternoon, the league informed NBA executives. Unclear if he has a promise, or if he is simply preferring to avoid conducting interviews and a medical examination.

This dude makes some questionable choices. Going to a small college for his godfather and now this.

So, this pretty much puts him on the Lakers' no draft list, right?

No I'm not saying that, I'm just curious what or who is in his head?

Well, people have been disagreeing with what I think of the situation, but I swear it's always 1 dude a year.

It's always been a No for me. Don't like when prospects have aberrations transitioning from high school to college whether personal or bball related.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 12:37 pm    Post subject:

HOF Rookie wrote:
adkindo wrote:
NBA "Consensus" Lottery Mock Draft

No. 1 (Suns): Ayton (7)
No. 2 (Kings): Doncic (7)
No. 3 (Hawks): Bagley III (7)
No. 4 (Grizzlies): Jackson, Jr. (5)
No. 5 (Mavericks): Bamba (5)
No. 6 (Magic): Young (5)
No. 7 (Bulls): Bamba (3)
No. 8 (Cavaliers): Porter, Mikal Bridges (2)
No. 9 (Knicks): Carter (3)
No. 10 (76ers): Mikal Bridges (4)
No. 11 (Hornets): Miles Bridges (5)
No. 12 (Clippers): Sexton (3)
No. 13 (Clippers): Williams (4)
No. 14 (Nuggets): Walker (3)

LINK

what are the #'s in parentheses after the names?

if you click on article....they show what they consider the most relevent mock drafts....the number is in how many they were projected in that slot.
HOF Rookie
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 12:39 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
PayasoLoco wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

I would guess that he did not get a 5 on 5 waiver....which would be weird....I think they usually give them to the Top 25ish guys for the most part, especially if they push for one. Sure the truth will come out eventually.

is that waiver to participate in 5v5 drills or to not have to participate in them?
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 12:40 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

yeah, saw it last year when Lonzo was a complete no show at the combine.

Quote:

This only works with guys like KAT or Fultz where dudes only take on 1 or 2 workouts at most, [b]but at least they interview. Robinson shut everything down.
[/b]

Lonzo didnt.....he did not show up. Fultz showed up and did some measurements and interviews. Also, you mentioned Bynum....but think it worked out pretty well for him, no?

Lonzo had Magic and Pelinka show up to his house for the day.

Is Mitchell Robinson doing that?

And you said it, Fultz did measurements and interviews. Robinson cancelled.

And Bynum. Still, measurements and interviews.

Robinson cancelled.

Fair to assume? I think so. You want to be a professional without doing a job interview? Okay.

Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 12:42 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Quote:
but he has the size, athleticism, strength and speed to help offset the lack of development on defense.

Marqueese Chriss
Nerlens Noel
Bismack Biyombo
Kwame Brown
Stromile Swift
Kelvin Cato

Off the top my head. Great athletes, varying size/athletic attributes, that could have learned to offset the lack of development on defense...

If anything, it's just sad.

Nerlens Noel doesn't belong on that list. Otherwise, good post.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 12:44 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
adkindo wrote:

sadly in agreement does not make you correct.....Bagley has shown to be poor on defense....but he has the size, athleticism, strength and speed to help offset the lack of development on defense. Those traits will literally allow him to simply get in the way enough to be an obstacle, and make it much more likely he will develop into an adequate defender. In contrast if Young does not develop excellent technique and have superior defensive instincts, he does not have the physical traits to fall back on to provide any deterrence.

I love watching Young play basketball....have all season....but when many of you were claiming he was a lock as a top 3 or top 5 pick earlier in year, I warned that I thought it was highly likely he would slip because the issues that are more likely to come from his slight frame. Also, he had some good games, but that kid was never the same mentally after the Jevon Carter game....always looked less sure from that night. I do not know for sure where he will be drafted, but I have not seen him as a Top 5 in most mocks in a while, and even will not be shocked if Sexton and Shai Gilgeous-Alexander come off the board before him.

Certainly Bagley has more upside to improve as a defender, but I'm arguing that big man defense is far more important than big man offense while guard/initiator offense is far more important than guard/point of attack defense. So I don't care if Young remains an inadequate defender just as I don't care if Lillard, Harden, Irving, etc. are sub-par defenders, but if Bagley doesn't defend, he's going to contribute to more defensive breakdowns than potentially his offense will be worth.

Anyway, I still see Young as a lock top 5 pick, and if teams want to draft for need because they undervalue Young and/or overvalue their current starting PGs, I expect they'll come to regret it over time.

my gut says he likely will not get past #6 just because I am very aware of his star power....and I know the Magic need a real ticket seller.....but then again, their new GM is famous for valuing athleticism and size...so that could prevent it if he has final word.

I think that would be a good long-term spot for him and you'd have a lot of fun watching him frustrate the NBA for the next 10-15 years.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 12:45 pm    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
If our recent history is any predictor, the Lakers will probably go after a guy that played more than 1 year in college with this late 1st. Someone that can make a more immediate impact rather than a project.

Clarkson
Nance
Kuzma
Hart

But that's also a function of most older college guys falling to the late-1st and early-2nd. Bryant had two years of experience, but was only 20 and Zu was 19 years old with half a season of high level experience overseas.

and those 2 happen to be our worst late round picks of recent history.

Did Anthony Brown not happen?
LakersForever123
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 12:46 pm    Post subject:

Mitchell Robinson probably received a promise.

Just like Chandler Hutchinson pulling out of the combine today. He probably got a promise.
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 12:47 pm    Post subject:

How about this guy?

https://sports.yahoo.com/25-year-old-posing-17-year-old-high-school-basketball-star-arrested-181028582.html
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 12:48 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

yeah, saw it last year when Lonzo was a complete no show at the combine.

Quote:

This only works with guys like KAT or Fultz where dudes only take on 1 or 2 workouts at most, [b]but at least they interview. Robinson shut everything down.
[/b]

Lonzo didnt.....he did not show up. Fultz showed up and did some measurements and interviews. Also, you mentioned Bynum....but think it worked out pretty well for him, no?

Lonzo had Magic and Pelinka show up to his house for the day.

Is Mitchell Robinson doing that?

And you said it, Fultz did measurements and interviews. Robinson cancelled.

And Bynum. Still, measurements and interviews.

Robinson cancelled.

Fair to assume? I think so. You want to be a professional without doing a job interview? Okay.

Long after the combine....and only because they were not sold on his initial workout. In my opinion, it was pretty clear they had little option but to select Ball.

You have attacked Mitchell Robinson for not showing up for combine and having questionable/non-professional people advising him. Replace his name with Lonzo, and it is a similar story in those two facets....he avoided the combine, would only work out for one team, and refused to workout with any other prospects or do 1 on 1 drills....and had the most questionable guy advising him in recent history. Somehow none of this ever bothered you....but it puts Robinson on the "no draft" list.
HOF Rookie
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 12:48 pm    Post subject:

Mike - so are you saying you don't want Mitchell Robison? I'm having a hard time comprehending
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 12:49 pm    Post subject:

HOF Rookie wrote:
Mike - so are you saying you don't want Mitchell Robison? I'm having a hard time comprehending

he has said that from weeks
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 12:51 pm    Post subject:

For whatever my opinion is worth, I don't see us drafting Mitchell Robinson. Just doesn't feel like a Maginka pick. It's the type of pick Milwaukee would make, though, at 17.
Mike@LG

Quote:

You have attacked Mitchell Robinson for not showing up for combine and having questionable/non-professional people advising him. Replace his name with Lonzo, and it is a similar story in those two facets....he avoided the combine, would only work out for one team, and refused to workout with any other prospects or do 1 on 1 drills....and had the most questionable guy advising him in recent history. Somehow none of this ever bothered you....but it puts Robinson on the "no draft" list.

You didn't know me last year, did you?

I was questioning Lonzo all the way up until a week of draft day.

Also, Hutchison played four years. Everyone knows what he looks like against competition.

Last edited by Mike@LG on Wed May 16, 2018 12:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

LakersForever123 wrote:

Just like Chandler Hutchinson pulling out of the combine today. He probably got a promise.

Chandler Hutchinson pulled out of combine?
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 12:55 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Quote:

you had him at #2 (or #3...not sure if you had Tatum at #2) for months before the draft. It clearly did not appear to bother you if you have the guy at #2 or #3 when a lot of the guys you listen to/respect did not have him that high.
LakersForever123
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 12:55 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
LakersForever123 wrote:

Chandler Hutchinson pulled out of combine?

Yes.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 12:56 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Quote:

you had him at #2 (or #3...not sure if you had Tatum at #2) for months before the draft. It clearly did not appear to bother you if you have the guy at #2 or #3 when a lot of the guys you listen to/respect did not have him that high.

So, at what point will you understand that we got to see him play, but not Mitchell Robinson for a season?

HOF Rookie
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 12:56 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
HOF Rookie wrote:

he has said that from weeks

i know, i'm just messing around. actually enjoying the different perspectives.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 1:00 pm    Post subject:

HOF Rookie wrote:
adkindo wrote:
PayasoLoco wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

is that waiver to participate in 5v5 drills or to not have to participate in them?

the elite prospects get full non-conditional invitations which means they can pick and choose what they want to do....some just do interviews....others will get measured, etc.....but for most of the invitations that are for guys not expected to be lottery picks or on the fringe of lottery, they receive conditional invitations which means they can only attend if they do everything requested of them including the 5 on 5 scrimmages, medical, testing, etc.
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
repandpresent wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Well, now that that's over, I'm down for De'Anthony Melton.

DAM! We'll shout as he yams in DeAndre Ayton's mug.

He's my underrated most likely to be Donovan Mitchell pick.

I like Melton but he does not have Mitchells fast twitch or athleticism.

He reminds me a lot of Joe Johnson. Just old school fundamentals. A player with a chance at a very long career.

Nor his handle not close

Kind of disagree on twitch actually. It just really stands out defensively, not offensively. Reads the floor pretty well too on both ends, but reacts unusually quick to those reads.

Ok I re-watched Melton and....he does have some Mitchell stuff..I can be unbothered by that comp a bit because he did all this as a freshman.. I def think he has a high standing reach with the solid 6'8 wingspan, when he puts his arms up on defense they go forever, watch that.
Disappointing to only see 1 explosive dunk...but I'd be really interested to see all of his attributes in a workout after a year off. Who knows what's improved.

He has legit starter potential ..could maybe be my fav for the pick. His ballhandling looks like it has more potential than I thought, especially considering he was a freshman. His defense could be crazy, crazy at the guard spots

Really high on Melton, but I don't see him ever developing a scoring mindset.

He will be the guard version of Draymond Green.
Mike@LG

If Robinson gets a guarantee, great. I've never known a non-lottery player, unless injured, to cancel workouts and interviews, and skip the combine. He's already a year older than he should be, so he better be more advanced athletically.

I just hope he's with another team.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 169, 170, 171 ... 492, 493, 494  Next
Page 170 of 494
Jump to: