Official 2018 NBA Draft Thread: Lakers select Moe Wagner (#25), Isaac Bonga (#39), and Svi Mykhailiuk (#47) - see 1st page for draft links
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 219, 220, 221 ... 492, 493, 494  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 6:22 pm    Post subject:

HOF Rookie wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Travis Bickle wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
... He said Luka was the best prospect of all time

That has to be a joke? How can anyone say that with a straight face?

Draw your own conclusions.

2017 Big Board

2016 Big Board

2015 Big Board

wow that 2016 board is a piece of work. Bender #1? Wade Baldwin #5?

i think it's time to for me to start my own draft site.

got to give him credit for leaving that up.....because hindsight suggests he was extremely drunk when he prepared that year.
Shaolin's Finest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 6:24 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
HOF Rookie wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Travis Bickle wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

2017 Big Board

2016 Big Board

2015 Big Board

got to give him credit for leaving that up.....because hindsight suggests he was extremely drunk when he prepared that year.

Yup, unlike that hack Chad Ford
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 6:27 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
The Lakers are working out these guys tomorrow.

Shamorie Ponds - St. John’s
Jordan Caroline - Nevada
Jordan Barnett - Missouri
Drew Eubanks - Oregon State
Jock Landale - Saint Mary’s
Daryl Macon - Arkansas

I see we are still focusing of the cream of the crop? Dang, maybe we did promise Robinson because it seems like we are most focused on #47 or undrafted guys.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 6:28 pm    Post subject:

lakerfanaticPT wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

Jordan Caroline - Nevada
Daryl Macon - Arkansas

Interesting the Lakers seem to be only working out 2nd rounders.

Maybe the promise is true??

I responded before I saw your response....but it seems like that...or maybe have a deal to move the pick?
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 6:34 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
lakerfanaticPT wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

Jordan Caroline - Nevada
Daryl Macon - Arkansas

Interesting the Lakers seem to be only working out 2nd rounders.

Maybe the promise is true??

This happens every year. Having 6 guys like that allows for 3 on 3 basketball...

yeah, I just looked at last year.....and it appears most of the guys we were looking at in the lottery began showing up a few days into June...like the 5th through the 15th.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 6:38 pm    Post subject:

I was watching highlights of this doncic guy and man his release is slow and he's not very athletic. People are talking about taking him number 1?
Lowest Merion
Retired

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 6:43 pm    Post subject:

They have been for a long time
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 6:51 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
I didn’t consider draft and stash for teams over the salary cap. If they don’t sell their draft pick, they could draft a euro to stash overseas. I could definitely see Portland doing that. Maybe Washington and Minnesota consider that as well.

Does anyone think Washington would sell #15 for cap relief? Is it worth it?

I hope so and I really believe it's worth it. But, I'll pretty much say that every year. As far as I'm concerned, that's a shot at Troy Brown Jr., Jontay Porter, and/or Kevin Huerter.

It's not considered a reach if it's the guy you want.

Drafting is the easiest, best way to acquire talent. As far as I'm concerned, it's like having a strategic lottery, and if the right thought processes are in place for a franchise, they'll "win" the pick or best player available, far more often than not.

It's simple logic, if you consider a guy worthy of lottery and you like him that much, go get him.
Shaolin's Finest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 6:55 pm    Post subject:

I'm surprised if we really did promise to pick Robinson. Reading up on him, it doesn't seem like he's made the smartest decisions, and the guy seems immature. I don't really see him as a "fit" for the culture Magic and Rob are trying to implement. But if our scouts are sold on him, I won't question them, they've earned our trust.

Even if we have a promise at 25, shouldn't we still continue working out players slotted in that range? What if somebody decides to pick him before us? I remember a couple years ago, there were reports that we were targeting George Hill in the draft (not sure if a promise was made) but the Spurs picked him up before us.
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 7:01 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

Jordan Caroline - Nevada
Daryl Macon - Arkansas

I see we are still focusing of the cream of the crop? Dang, maybe we did promise Robinson because it seems like we are most focused on #47 or undrafted guys.

Seems like we almost always focus on the second round talent first. Wouldn't read too much into that.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 7:04 pm    Post subject:

The Lakers will host six more players for pre-draft workouts on Monday

* https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2018/5/20/17374768/la-lakers-2018-nba-draft-news-shamorie-ponds

* Players the Lakers have already worked out:

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2018/5/8/17315330/2018-nba-draft-rumors-lakers-workout-tracker
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 7:09 pm    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
I didn’t consider draft and stash for teams over the salary cap. If they don’t sell their draft pick, they could draft a euro to stash overseas. I could definitely see Portland doing that. Maybe Washington and Minnesota consider that as well.

Does anyone think Washington would sell #15 for cap relief? Is it worth it?

I hope so and I really believe it's worth it. But, I'll pretty much say that every year. As far as I'm concerned, that's a shot at Troy Brown Jr., Jontay Porter, and/or Kevin Huerter.

It's not considered a reach if it's the guy you want.

Drafting is the easiest, best way to acquire talent. As far as I'm concerned, it's like having a strategic lottery, and if the right thought processes are in place for a franchise, they'll "win" the pick or best player available, far more often than not.

It's simple logic, if you consider a guy worthy of lottery and you like him that much, go get him.

Does 2019 1st and cash get Washington's 15? If yes I would attempt to sell 25 for a future 1st.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 7:14 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Adam Zagoria: The Celtics on Monday will work out Purdue’s Dakota Mathias and Villanova’s Donte DiVincenzo in an intriguing matchup, per source.
Mathias averaged 12 ppg and shot 47 percent from three. DiVincenzo went for 31 and 5-of-7 from deep in the NCAA title game.

via Twitter DWolfsonKSTP
Darren Wolfson:
Huerter’s next stop will be a workout with the Nets on Tuesday. He worked out with the Atlanta Hawks and Boston Celtics before the combine
HOF Rookie
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 7:22 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
HOF Rookie wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Travis Bickle wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

2017 Big Board

2016 Big Board

2015 Big Board

i tip my hat off to him for that. i'd be curious what type of 40's he was drinking when he printed that.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 7:38 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
HOF Rookie wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Travis Bickle wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

2017 Big Board

2016 Big Board

2015 Big Board

The 2016 draft was garbage, so I get the "creativity" throughout. But not having Simmons #1 is asinine.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 7:46 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
The 2016 draft was garbage, so I get the "creativity" throughout. But not having Simmons #1 is asinine.

think your giving him a little too much cover....Chinanu Onuaku @ #7?!?!
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 7:48 pm    Post subject:

44TheLogo wrote:
kuzma's trainer:

https://twitter.com/Brotherhood05/status/998311020606013440

Quote:
Doncic body is terrible and his feet are slow but we don’t hear anything about that. Don’t let a American kid have a bad body or slow feet no NBA love no matter how skilled and productive they are.

it's something i've been honing in on wrt doncic lately too. he's got some elite traits (passing, pnr ballhandling) and some really big flaws (shooting %, athleticism) that aren't abused in the european game because of the plodding pace and general lack of athleticism there

https://twitter.com/Brotherhood05/status/998323599164370944

Quote:
Doncic going to get a whole front office and coaching staff fired. He better not play in summer league end up getting dogged by a pitbull like Jevon Carter.

i'd love to see doncic bringing the ball up being defended full court by jevon carter.

I imagine if he didn't pass the ball over Carter on a kick ahead that he would use his superior size to shield the ball. Some of the criticism of a guy you still have as a top-7 pick (right?) is getting a bit ridiculous.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 7:57 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Dean Damakis' hate for Bagley is making me move Marvin up my board.

Lmaooo facts. He said Luka was the best prospect of all time

He said "maybe" and he's backed off of it this year, but his schtick is about semi-informed hot takes. He gets creative in some of his analyses, but he also gets stubborn like a fan.

Anyway, Bagley was a bad defender at Duke, but having seen Randle's improvement and how valuable wing agility in a switching big is, I'm more inclined to bet on the value of Bagley's defensive improvement over Ayton's.

Last edited by Baron Von Humongous on Sun May 20, 2018 8:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 7:58 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:

think your giving him a little too much cover....Chinanu Onuaku @ #7?!?!

Wait on Onuaku.
Christopher Walken
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 8:14 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
Las Vegas Prospects wrote:

Just as I suspected! If you put your name in the draft, you might as well stay. Rarely these days does anyone improve their draft status by "going back to school for a year!" You just get your place taken by the next freshman. This ain't 20 yrs ago!

May 19, 2018ReplyRetweetFavorite

https://www.syracuse.com/expo/erry-2018/05/fcf50f03555178/history_lesson_what_happened_t.html

I think generally it end up worse for the player, but the toughest aspect is measuring how strong the following year's draft class is.

Ivan Rabb could have been in the teens first draft...
44TheLogo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 8:20 pm    Post subject:

44TheLogo wrote:
kuzma's trainer:

Quote:
Doncic body is terrible and his feet are slow but we don’t hear anything about that. Don’t let a American kid have a bad body or slow feet no NBA love no matter how skilled and productive they are.

it's something i've been honing in on wrt doncic lately too. he's got some elite traits (passing, pnr ballhandling) and some really big flaws (shooting %, athleticism) that aren't abused in the european game because of the plodding pace and general lack of athleticism there

Quote:
Doncic going to get a whole front office and coaching staff fired. He better not play in summer league end up getting dogged by a pitbull like Jevon Carter.

i'd love to see doncic bringing the ball up being defended full court by jevon carter.

I imagine if he didn't pass the ball over Carter on a kick ahead that he would use his superior size to shield the ball. Some of the criticism of a guy you still have as a top-7 pick (right?) is getting a bit ridiculous.

What did I say that was ridiculous? I said I'd love to see it. I have no idea what it's going to look like, but I'd love to see it. My critique was in the first half of that post and I think what I said was 100% fair.

Don't mistake me posting people's tweets for 100% agreement, though I imagine he would absolutely struggle in a summer league setting, as several other less athletic but highly skilled and smart future stars have.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 8:20 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:
I was watching highlights of this doncic guy and man his release is slow and he's not very athletic. People are talking about taking him number 1?

If he fell to #25, would you be ok with the Lakers drafting him?
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 8:26 pm    Post subject:

44TheLogo wrote:
44TheLogo wrote:
kuzma's trainer:

Quote:

Quote:

What did I say that was ridiculous? I said I'd love to see it. I have no idea what it's going to look like, but I'd love to see it. My critique was in the first half of that post and I think what I said was 100% fair.

Don't mistake me posting people's tweets for 100% agreement, though I imagine he would absolutely struggle in a summer league setting, as several other less athletic but highly skilled and smart future stars have.

No worries, I misinterpreted the emoji in the last sentence there. I disagree with the hyperbolic tweet, as well, since we've seen a twig like Ingram go #2 overall, Randle and Smart weren't exactly in the best of shape when they entered the league, Okafor, Kaminsky, DLo, etc.

Anyway, in a disorganized setting like SL going up against mostly guys who will be lucky to play in the Euro League, I think Doncic might surprise, actually. It's when he hits the NBA as an initiator for the Kings or Suns that he's going to struggle and be hit with that media hot take backlash.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 8:43 pm    Post subject:

Gunna start making these poll threads for the potentials @ 25. http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?p=7741238#7741238
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 9:31 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:

If he fell to #25, would you be ok with the Lakers drafting him?

Don't know enough about the other Guys but i would certainly want a guy that's projected so high at 25

Yes please
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 219, 220, 221 ... 492, 493, 494  Next
Page 220 of 494
Jump to: