Official 2018 NBA Draft Thread: Lakers select Moe Wagner (#25), Isaac Bonga (#39), and Svi Mykhailiuk (#47) - see 1st page for draft links
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 231, 232, 233 ... 492, 493, 494  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
44TheLogo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 12:55 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Mitchell Robinson threatens to tear LG apart!

lol, i honestly am happy with it if our FO has vetted him and truly wants him, because that means they're comfortable with the concerns I have about the guy. at this point, i trust our FO to draft reasonably.

i'm just trying to figure out what benefit there is to a team leaking a promise and then denying it, or the player leaking the promise and the team denying it, etc. etc.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 12:55 pm    Post subject:

PG13 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
44TheLogo wrote:
adkindo wrote:
44TheLogo wrote:
? we drafted tony bradley and traded him. why would we have given him a promise just to trade him away.

IDK...some believe that is what took place....some have suggested they have "sources" that confirm the chain of events....I have no idea what happened, but we were rumored throughout the process that we promised him after combine, then we did draft him.....sure, it could be all coincidence.

utah drafted him. we traded the pick away before making the pick on behalf of utah. if bradley was really the guy we wanted clearly we wouldn't have done that.

not accurate...we drafted him

The swap was made before and then the Jazz picked who they wanted. lakers had to turn in the card.

yeah, I was watching ESPN that night also.....the claim is since we promised, we kept promise by drafting him at that slot, and officially consummated trade after we completed promise....and informed Bradley before the pick. Believe it or do not believe it....
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 12:58 pm    Post subject:

44TheLogo wrote:
^

we made the pick, but we made it on behalf of utah after they told us who to pick.

maybe that is true
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 1:00 pm    Post subject:

loving Donte DiVincenzo's stock seemingly rising by the day.....means another player will slip to #25
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 1:01 pm    Post subject:

Did Mitchell like emplay’s tweet?
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PICKnPOP wrote:
I just don’t believe a highschool kid would skip college, skip the combine, skip interviews without knowing something for certain.

He completely dropped off of the radar

I understand skipping college because it’s been done before (even if most go overseas to make money) but I don’t understand skipping the combine. You have had a full year to work on your body and game...you would think he’d be eager to show how much he’s improved 🤷🏾‍♂️

Definitely smoke

I completely agree.
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

Mike@LG wrote:
Quote:

Simons has the body of a 15 year old. Not sure why you trust that Melton is suddenly going to be able to become a shooter but Mitchell isn't? And why doesn't it matter everyone else thinks? It should only matter what you think that why it's a personal opinion. None of what ANY of us think is going to have any barring on the final decision LAL makes so it's not worth getting peeved at...no?

Because I read that while he still has work to do, he made improvements gaining strength as well.

Melton is already with a shooting coach.

Here's some workout footage in Atlanta. Does this not look translatable?
https://twitter.com/Mike_Schmitz/status/978381784118382592

Quote:

Melton resisted getting back into the gym at first, but he soon realized he needed to focus on the next stage of his life rather than dwell on his situation at USC. He worked with trainers of NBA players. He sometimes played three-on-three or four-on-four. It wasn't a substitute for playing on a team, but he did the best he could to make up for it.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/usc/la-sp-nba-combine-melton-20180517-story.html

Who is MR's shooting coach?

^Does that look translatable to you?

If so, we're definitely going to disagree on translatability.

Also, if it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks, then why am I repeatedly asked why I'm not good with Mitchell Robinson?

Any preference to shooting form? Trae Young or Wendell Carter? For guards I'm always in favor of a quick release so Young's is my preference. For bigs the jump shot which they can also use on turn around's. Wings either/or.

Maybe KIROE can opine.
Travis Bickle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 1:03 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
loving Donte DiVincenzo's stock seemingly rising by the day.....means another player will slip to #25

Yep. That's why I'm hoping everyone stays in this draft. Lets pad it out...
44TheLogo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 1:06 pm    Post subject:

found more serious vid of mitchell's pre-draft prepwork

https://wgno.com/2018/05/13/draft-ready-mitchell-robinson-preps-for-nba-combine/
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 1:09 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
44TheLogo wrote:
https://twitter.com/EricPincus/status/998991051460259840

Quote:
They have no promise made, told that's not fact based

no promise to mitchell robinson.

an unsubstantiated rebuttal to an unsubstantiated rumor/claim.....I do not like the rumor, so it is false, but the rebuttal is accurate because it is my preference

Or...it's sourced from someone in the Front Office.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 1:10 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
PG13 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
44TheLogo wrote:
adkindo wrote:
44TheLogo wrote:
? we drafted tony bradley and traded him. why would we have given him a promise just to trade him away.

IDK...some believe that is what took place....some have suggested they have "sources" that confirm the chain of events....I have no idea what happened, but we were rumored throughout the process that we promised him after combine, then we did draft him.....sure, it could be all coincidence.

utah drafted him. we traded the pick away before making the pick on behalf of utah. if bradley was really the guy we wanted clearly we wouldn't have done that.

The swap was made before and then the Jazz picked who they wanted. lakers had to turn in the card.

yeah, I was watching ESPN that night also.....the claim is since we promised, we kept promise by drafting him at that slot, and officially consummated trade after we completed promise....and informed Bradley before the pick. Believe it or do not believe it....

That isn't how these things work.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 1:11 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
MT: Did you know about a potential pick trade with Utah earlier that day or did they just call after you took Kuzma?

Buss: We were called immediately after we made the 27th pick, by Utah, and offered No. 30 and No. 42 for No. 28. We had considered a number of guys at that position, and felt there was still some first round talent on the board, and we felt we could potentially get two guys we had ranked in the first round by adding No. 42 since we still had six or seven guys up there. It just so happened that Josh, the guy who was highest on our board, and who we were going to select at 28, was also there at 30. That was a definite plus, and made the trade that much better for us, when we were able to acquire Thomas Bryant at No. 42, who we felt had first round talent.

MT: If I recall, San Antonio picked 29th, so were you sweating a bit not knowing if Utah or the Spurs were going to swoop in and steal Hart from you…

Buss: We really wanted Hart, and it’s funny because Hart seems like a Spurs guy. What you’d imagine with some of the players they’ve had. He would have fit there, but they went a different direction (Derrick White), and we felt ecstatic that Hart was there and could come and do a lot of good things for us right away.

https://www.nba.com/lakers/news/180514-scouting-the-draft-with-jesse-buss-josh-hart
Travis Bickle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 1:12 pm    Post subject:

44TheLogo wrote:

https://wgno.com/2018/05/13/draft-ready-mitchell-robinson-preps-for-nba-combine/

In my expert opinion he is either going to be KG or Chris Washburn.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 1:21 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
adkindo wrote:
PG13 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
44TheLogo wrote:
adkindo wrote:
44TheLogo wrote:

ok......really, I have zero care it that is what took place or not....will never know the truth, and I am ok with that. Go with what you think took place.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 1:24 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
adkindo wrote:
44TheLogo wrote:

Quote:

an unsubstantiated rebuttal to an unsubstantiated rumor/claim.....I do not like the rumor, so it is false, but the rebuttal is accurate because it is my preference

yeah, always a guaranteed source for honesty with the media
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 1:27 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
PG13 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
44TheLogo wrote:
adkindo wrote:
44TheLogo wrote:

The aspect that I would question is how would a player and his agent feel if a team makes you a promise so you shut down your workouts making that decision in consideration that organization provides the right environment and fit to succeed in the NBA. Then you are traded away during draft night.

Would that player/agent be upset knowing if they would be traded they would not have shut down workouts? Does this put a bad look on the team and hurt their relationship with the agent? Would you be upset?

Maybe qualifiers can be made with a promise. IDK.

Last edited by PlantedTanks on Tue May 22, 2018 1:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
lakerfanaticPT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 1:27 pm    Post subject:

Travis Bickle wrote:
44TheLogo wrote:

Not a big fan of how he walks -- legs/hips are externally rotated quite a bit. Could lead to excessive strain to knees, possible valgus strain. Hard to tell with that one video though. Just looks a bit off to me.
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 1:30 pm    Post subject:

Travis Bickle wrote:
44TheLogo wrote:

To be fair Washburn was drugs. I have not seen any such issue with MR.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 1:31 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
adkindo wrote:
44TheLogo wrote:

Quote:

yeah, always a guaranteed source for honesty with the media

Yeah, definitely not someone who he's known for a long time who's always been straight with him in the past or anything.
44TheLogo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 1:32 pm    Post subject:

conspiracy theory LG is the best LG
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

Watching Luca doncic’s highlights on YouTube...Maybe I’m missing something but I wouldn’t draft him in the top 5.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

adkindo wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
adkindo wrote:
PG13 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
44TheLogo wrote:
adkindo wrote:
44TheLogo wrote:

ok......really, I have zero care it that is what took place or not....will never know the truth, and I am ok with that. Go with what you think took place.

Why though? Buss said himself how the trade went down.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 1:33 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:

And you go ahead and go ahead thinking that Utah happened to want the guy that the Lakers had to take because they promised him and it all magically happened to work out for everyone.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 1:33 pm    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
Watching Luca doncic’s highlights on YouTube...Maybe I’m missing something but I wouldn’t draft him in the top 5.

I hope he falls to the Lakers.
44TheLogo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 1:34 pm    Post subject:

PG13 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
adkindo wrote:
PG13 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
44TheLogo wrote:
adkindo wrote:
44TheLogo wrote:

Why though? Buss said himself how the trade went down.

first hand accounts are not to be trusted. WE WILL NEVER KNOW WHAT HAPPENED.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 231, 232, 233 ... 492, 493, 494  Next
Page 232 of 494
Jump to: