Official 2018 NBA Draft Thread: Lakers select Moe Wagner (#25), Isaac Bonga (#39), and Svi Mykhailiuk (#47) - see 1st page for draft links
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 240, 241, 242 ... 492, 493, 494  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
32
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 04 Nov 2009
Posts: 57229

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 9:00 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Northwestern point guard Bryant McIntosh will be among those who work out for the Lakers on Friday. McIntosh, who is third all-time in the Big Ten in assists, helped lead Northwestern to its first-ever NCAA Tournament berth in 2016-17 and he became...

https://twitter.com/NotoriousOHM/status/999695810865459201
_________________
Nobody in the NBA can touch the Laker brand, which, like the uniform color, is pure gold.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 15674

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 9:11 am    Post subject:

44TheLogo wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Anyone on LG want to convince me Huerter isn't a young Reggie Miller?


does he have the motor and endurance (or work ethic to develop that endurance) to run off ball the way a miller, rip hamilton, jj redick does? does he have the work ethic to work on technique to set up and use off ball screens to get himself open?

these are questions that are unanswerable from our vantage point without personal insight into the kid himself.

epak wrote:

Does he come off screens like Reggie?

Travis Bickle wrote:

Miller had fire in his belly, does Hueter? He may or may not.


All great points.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
MIMLaker
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Jul 2001
Posts: 9635
Location: Los Angeles/ Alhambra, CA

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 10:04 am    Post subject:

Will be nice to see if Huerter can have a Kuzma-like audition for the team, and even though Trent isn't a particularly enthusiastic defender, I hope they match up against each other so we can measure each player's toughness/ focus on D.
_________________
Love at 25: Huerter, DiVincenzo, Shamet, Brunson.
Live w/ at 25: Frazier, Holiday, Carter, Melton.
Love At 47: Spellman, Justin Jackson, Vanderbilt
Live w/ at 47: Hall, Milton, Trent.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 15674

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 10:27 am    Post subject:

Pouring one out for the spirit of adkindo:

Sagaba Konate returning to WVU (link)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 15674

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 10:35 am    Post subject:

Solid breakdown of Elie Okobo's game during his strong close to the season in Pro A: Link
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 30 Aug 2005
Posts: 23075

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 10:59 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Pouring one out for the spirit of adkindo:

Sagaba Konate returning to WVU (link)


We miss you homie!
Kind of...
_________________
👊 Los Angeles Lakers 👊
One more trade to get rid of the old regime's players!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
44TheLogo
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 21 Feb 2009
Posts: 6143

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 11:51 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Solid breakdown of Elie Okobo's game during his strong close to the season in Pro A: Link


I see more Joe Ingles in Okobo's game than in any of the other prospects who've been comped to Ingles thus far. Kind of a DLo/Ingles hybrid. Serious issues w/ his defense as he's a negative DBPM player in Europe, which is questionable to say the least.
_________________
this summer we settle of all family business
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Omar Little
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 02 May 2005
Posts: 82567
Location: Formerly Known As 24

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 12:08 pm    Post subject:

For some reason, I just keep seeing Grayson Allen in P&G. Not sure why.
_________________
Tolerance is an agreement to live in peace, not an agreement to be peaceful no matter the conduct of others. A peace treaty is not a suicide pact.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
justsomelakerfan
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 16 Jul 2016
Posts: 9744

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 12:11 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
For some reason, I just keep seeing Grayson Allen in P&G. Not sure why.


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 30 Aug 2005
Posts: 23075

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 12:14 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
For some reason, I just keep seeing Grayson Allen in P&G. Not sure why.


Cuz he's good.
And we mentioned the crazy that he brings.
Wonder what BI thinks of him
_________________
👊 Los Angeles Lakers 👊
One more trade to get rid of the old regime's players!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 13 Apr 2001
Posts: 11673
Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 12:14 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
For some reason, I just keep seeing Grayson Allen in P&G. Not sure why.


Wash your eyes out, Mister.
_________________
Maginka doing work
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
MJST
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 06 Jul 2014
Posts: 16362

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 12:31 pm    Post subject:

Lakers worked out Kostas Antentekoumpo today

https://www.reddit.com/r/lakers/comments/8ls3po/kostas_antetokounmpo_postworkout_interview/


I feel bad for him having to answer dumb questions like "Whats the difference between you and your brother" -_-
_________________
How NBA 2K18 failed the All-Time Lakers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxMBYm3wwxk
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
44TheLogo
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 21 Feb 2009
Posts: 6143

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 12:34 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Lakers worked out Kostas Antentekoumpo today

https://www.reddit.com/r/lakers/comments/8ls3po/kostas_antetokounmpo_postworkout_interview/


I feel bad for him having to answer dumb questions like "Whats the difference between you and your brother" -_-


do you also feel bad for him having these opportunities solely on the virtue of his brother's accomplishments? the dude has done nothing to warrant being considered for the NBA other than being giannis' brother.
_________________
this summer we settle of all family business
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
32
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 04 Nov 2009
Posts: 57229

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 12:47 pm    Post subject:

@NYPost_Brazille
St John's Shamorie Ponds is done with workouts for time being, per his father. Family will sit down this weekend to make a decision. #sjubb
_________________
Nobody in the NBA can touch the Laker brand, which, like the uniform color, is pure gold.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 15674

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 1:47 pm    Post subject:

I just read a compelling article linking NBA scoring to baldness and will be moving Trae Young up to #1 on my draft board accordingly.

That is all.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
44TheLogo
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 21 Feb 2009
Posts: 6143

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 2:00 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
I just read a compelling article linking NBA scoring to baldness and will be moving Trae Young up to #1 on my draft board accordingly.

That is all.


there's a guy on twitter who uses chinese zodiac signs and numerology as part of his draft assessments, who has gary trent jr in his top 10.
_________________
this summer we settle of all family business
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 15674

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 2:03 pm    Post subject:

44TheLogo wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
I just read a compelling article linking NBA scoring to baldness and will be moving Trae Young up to #1 on my draft board accordingly.

That is all.


there's a guy on twitter who uses chinese zodiac signs and numerology as part of his draft assessments, who has gary trent jr in his top 10.

Like I Ching (bleep)?! Gary Trent, Jr. is looking better at #25.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
44TheLogo
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 21 Feb 2009
Posts: 6143

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 2:34 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
44TheLogo wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
I just read a compelling article linking NBA scoring to baldness and will be moving Trae Young up to #1 on my draft board accordingly.

That is all.


there's a guy on twitter who uses chinese zodiac signs and numerology as part of his draft assessments, who has gary trent jr in his top 10.

Like I Ching (bleep)?! Gary Trent, Jr. is looking better at #25.


yea how can you deny that.
_________________
this summer we settle of all family business
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
44TheLogo
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 21 Feb 2009
Posts: 6143

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 3:25 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/NbaBird20/status/999787665292640256

this thread encapsulates my concerns with Doncic to a T.
_________________
this summer we settle of all family business
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 23 Jun 2005
Posts: 37218

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 4:10 pm    Post subject:

I understand why Donic is rated so highly. I look at Steve Nash. He wasn’t athletic in comparison to his peers, Stephon Marbury or Jason Kidd (and not in the same stratosphere as Baron Davis or Steve Francis). He had IQ and controlled pace. He made the athletes around him play at his pace and it killed teams. He ushered in the small ball era.

No one knows whether Donic will be the next Nash, but we’ve also seen the impact rookies Ben Simmons and Lonzo Ball had on their respective teams.


Last edited by JUST-MING on Thu May 24, 2018 4:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Travis Bickle
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 31 Jul 2001
Posts: 2779

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 4:15 pm    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
I understand why Donic is rated so highly. I look at Steve Nash. He wasn’t athletic in comparison to his peers, Stephon Marbury or Jason Kidd (and not in the same stratosphere as Baron Davis or Steve Francis). He had IQ and controlled pace. He made the athletes around him play at his pace and it killed teams. He ushered in the small ball era.

No one knows whether Donic will be the next Nash, but we’ve also seen the impact rookies Ben Simmons and Lonzo Ball had on their respective teams.


My only concern with Donic is his shooting. I had stereotyped him as being a white guy that can shoot. Turns out his shooting can be erratic. His fire and IQ will make him a good nba player. Will he be great?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PlantedTanks
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 01 Jul 2017
Posts: 772

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 4:57 pm    Post subject:

Travis Bickle wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
I understand why Donic is rated so highly. I look at Steve Nash. He wasn’t athletic in comparison to his peers, Stephon Marbury or Jason Kidd (and not in the same stratosphere as Baron Davis or Steve Francis). He had IQ and controlled pace. He made the athletes around him play at his pace and it killed teams. He ushered in the small ball era.

No one knows whether Donic will be the next Nash, but we’ve also seen the impact rookies Ben Simmons and Lonzo Ball had on their respective teams.


My only concern with Donic is his shooting. I had stereotyped him as being a white guy that can shoot. Turns out his shooting can be erratic. His fire and IQ will make him a good nba player. Will he be great?


I have no concerns with his shooting. His form is good, shows touch and he should develop into at least NBA average from 3. Too many instances where non-shooters eventually develop (i.e. Saric, Kidd, ...). The rest of his game translates especially after a year or 2 of NBA training.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 15674

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 5:31 pm    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
I understand why Donic is rated so highly. I look at Steve Nash. He wasn’t athletic in comparison to his peers, Stephon Marbury or Jason Kidd (and not in the same stratosphere as Baron Davis or Steve Francis). He had IQ and controlled pace. He made the athletes around him play at his pace and it killed teams. He ushered in the small ball era.

No one knows whether Donic will be the next Nash, but we’ve also seen the impact rookies Ben Simmons and Lonzo Ball had on their respective teams.

I think a lot of people incorrectly assume that high-skilled young guys have less room to improve when overall they improve their skills in the pros on par with their more athletic, less polished peers, effectively maintaining the skills gap. And I believe wholeheartedly in drafting guys who do at least something great for their age, and Doncic's passing is right up there with Ball and Simmons while his PnR savvy may be the best the draft has seen since Kyrie. Combine that with a rare BBIQ and his size and strength, I can live with his athletic deficiencies and uncertain jumper. Obviously his jumper and lack of quickness will be the things that hold him back if he can't improve upon or compensate for them, but every prospect in this and all drafts have deficiencies that could be the same drag.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 11 Oct 2012
Posts: 28936

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 5:44 pm    Post subject:

Doncic in his prime will play half his minutes at small-4. For sure.

https://twitter.com/remaxc12/status/999232188141879296 Look how wide this guy is, at 6'8 with PF reach
_________________
guaranteed ring in the next 3 years with Bron+Kawhi
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 15674

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 5:52 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Doncic in his prime will play half his minutes at small-4. For sure.

https://twitter.com/remaxc12/status/999232188141879296 Look how wide this guy is, at 6'8 with PF reach

Agreed, and he might even get some C minutes in his prime.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 240, 241, 242 ... 492, 493, 494  Next
Page 241 of 494
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB