Official 2018 NBA Draft Thread: Lakers select Moe Wagner (#25), Isaac Bonga (#39), and Svi Mykhailiuk (#47) - see 1st page for draft links
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 245, 246, 247 ... 492, 493, 494  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 1:40 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
Grayson isn't a bad pick if Huerter is gone... if he didn't look like Ted Cruz Jr., I think he'd have way less hate.

42 inch vertical?

Decent shot and ball handling skills... we could do way worse for a backup for Ball.

This is a deep draft and if you look at Grayson in totality as a prospect instead of the few telivised games you remember - he's not a good prospect. He measured poorly at the combine in terms of length, shot below avg from 3 this year, and isn't a creator...what is there to like about him. This draft is much better than him in the 1st round.

Divincenzo is who you wish Grayson was
Travis Bickle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 1:41 pm    Post subject:

No point in discussing the first round pick. Lakers already made a promise to Robinson!
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 1:42 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Grayson isn't a bad pick if Huerter is gone... if he didn't look like Ted Cruz Jr., I think he'd have way less hate.

42 inch vertical?

Decent shot and ball handling skills... we could do way worse for a backup for Ball.

At #47

I'm not saying we should take him at 25 but I doubt he'll be there at 47

If we sign LBJ or IT, then no need for a PG... but if we don't sign one of them... we will need someone who can play serious minutes next to fragile Zo.

I think Grayson would be pretty decent as a backup despite his finals choke.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 1:43 pm    Post subject:

Huerter, Melton, Okobo are all good at #25.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 1:43 pm    Post subject:

Bill Oram has too much Grayson Allen content. We need Huerter content.

Oram's a fan of his.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 1:44 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

42 inch vertical?

This is a deep draft and if you look at Grayson in totality as a prospect instead of the few telivised games you remember - he's not a good prospect. He measured poorly at the combine in terms of length, shot below avg from 3 this year, and isn't a creator...what is there to like about him. This draft is much better than him in the 1st round.

I like Huerter, DDV, Shamet more than Grayson... I was only playing devil's advocate if they were gone and he was there.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 1:46 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

42 inch vertical?

At #47

I'm not saying we should take him at 25 but I doubt he'll be there at 47

If we sign LBJ or IT, then no need for a PG... but if we don't sign one of them... we will need someone who can play serious minutes next to fragile Zo.

I think Grayson would be pretty decent as a backup despite his finals choke.

A team around 35-45 may look to sell a pick or get a little extra cash to swap 2nd rounders, so it may be possible. There are other guys who offer more as shooters or defenders projected in the 2nd round, but I wouldn't hate if they took Allen.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 1:47 pm    Post subject:

Do other teams really have Huerter in the lottery?

What circumstances would get Huerter and/or Porter to #25?

Simons and Mitchell have to be ahead.

Musa has to be picked ahead.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 1:49 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:

Oram's a fan of his.

Probably generates clicks, too, if an article about draft workouts leads with Allen over Huerter or Kubolka.

Did you like anyone else there at #47 or an UDFA? Freeman? Kubolka?
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 1:50 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:

Any news on Porter staying in the draft or not? It's looking more and more like Huerter is gone in mid-teens. He's slaying the pre-draft process.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 1:52 pm    Post subject:

Okobo has arguably the same skill-set as Trae Young with more defensive potential.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 1:53 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:

Oram's a fan of his.

Probably generates clicks, too, if an article about draft workouts leads with Allen over Huerter or Kubolka.

I liked what I saw of Kubolka, with the caveat that we don't get to see much. He had a nice stroke and is a fluid athlete. Freeman didn't stand out either way, and Makur Maker looked out of his element.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 1:55 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

42 inch vertical?

I like Huerter, DDV, Shamet more than Grayson... I was only playing devil's advocate if they were gone and he was there.

I'm not going to make a joke about Blue Devils advocate.........

But he's not a good prospect man, maybe if he was a good shooter..
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 1:56 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
Okobo has arguably the same skill-set as Trae Young with more defensive potential.

I've yet to see him change direction on a defender consistently.

I don't think he gets that kind of spacing next level. That French defense on just a change of pace/hesitation move is sawft.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 2:02 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:

Ayton
Doncic
JJJ
Bagley
Bamba
Young
Carter
MPJ
Bridges
Bridges
Knox
Sexton
SGA
Z. Smith
R. Williams
Walker

That seems to be a safe green room list. Are there 8-9 more players who would be selected before Huerter and/or Porter? Simons, Mitchell, T. Brown, Musa, Hutchinson (Bulls promise), Frazier, DiVincenzo, Evans, KBD. It's a stretch to find enough guys to go ahead of Huerter given how easily he'd fit in everywhere from Milwaukee at #17 down through Portland at #24. Jontay could more realistically drop, though, if the Bucks and Spurs prefer wings since Minnesota, Indiana, Utah, and maybe Atlanta and Chicago won't be looking for another center.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 2:03 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

Oram's a fan of his.

I liked what I saw of Kubolka, with the caveat that we don't get to see much. He had a nice stroke and is a fluid athlete. Freeman didn't stand out either way, and Makur Maker looked out of his element.

Thanks. Kubolka interested me as a draft and stash at #47.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 2:05 pm    Post subject:

JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 2:17 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

42 inch vertical?

I Rather take Grayson Allen...smh... He fearless. He wamts to win every time he steops out on the court. He not scarred to take the big shot. Look every game 1 to 2nd Quarter we might be up big time. What happens? People come out of halftime and cant shoot or fade away from being aggressive(Im looking at you Ingram). Even if someone can still shoot...This team plays NOOO Defense and the opposing team has a layup drill. I Rather then take Robinson. You can crazy at what i said all you want but none on this team plays nor can spell Defense. Also shooting free throws is cringe worthy every game. We keep getting shooters but less athletic in the defense department. Our main center had a hard time getting up and down the floor and stayed around the three line jacking up shots...Im just saying.

Del did good in the tournament but was he doing in regular season? Man...get we just stop the norm and get someone that aint scrarred of the spotlight and can play some defense and can Gods sake shoot a free throw?
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 2:18 pm    Post subject:

Huerter!! Unless we trade the pick to dump Deng lol
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 2:29 pm    Post subject:

Allen can go to the Celtics.
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 2:36 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
Allen can go to the Celtics.

Yeah and you will be bad mouthing him every time we play them...smh. Its like having a lambier or Rodman...Great to have them on your team as they going to give everything to win...and truly sucks to play against them as they going to do everything to win....something like lue williams. Dont want to play against him because he going to the line EVERY TIME he touches the ball..lol.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 2:50 pm    Post subject:

I wish Orlando would do a Deng + Zubac + #25 for Nik + Mack + #35
Lol
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 3:09 pm    Post subject:

JustaObserver wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

42 inch vertical?

I Rather take Grayson Allen...smh... He fearless. He wamts to win every time he steops out on the court. He not scarred to take the big shot. Look every game 1 to 2nd Quarter we might be up big time. What happens? People come out of halftime and cant shoot or fade away from being aggressive(Im looking at you Ingram). Even if someone can still shoot...This team plays NOOO Defense and the opposing team has a layup drill. I Rather then take Robinson. You can crazy at what i said all you want but none on this team plays nor can spell Defense. Also shooting free throws is cringe worthy every game. We keep getting shooters but less athletic in the defense department. Our main center had a hard time getting up and down the floor and stayed around the three line jacking up shots...Im just saying.

Del did good in the tournament but was he doing in regular season? Man...get we just stop the norm and get someone that aint scrarred of the spotlight and can play some defense and can Gods sake shoot a free throw?

Again, you're describing Divincenzo but DDV can shoot, dribble better, and is quicker
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 3:29 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

Oram's a fan of his.

Did they put the ball in Kunolka's hands any and make him make decisions? Seemed like he was a guy like Ingles if I'm thinking of the right guy.
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 3:31 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

42 inch vertical?

Again, you're describing Divincenzo but DDV can shoot, dribble better, and is quicker

Not a fan of Grayson, but I really feel like DDV could be championship wonder. I just don't understand why he wasn't doing all of that stuff all season long.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 245, 246, 247 ... 492, 493, 494  Next
Page 246 of 494
Jump to: