Official 2018 NBA Draft Thread: Lakers select Moe Wagner (#25), Isaac Bonga (#39), and Svi Mykhailiuk (#47) - see 1st page for draft links
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 246, 247, 248 ... 492, 493, 494  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 3:39 pm    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Bill Oram has too much Grayson Allen content. We need Huerter content.

Oram's a fan of his.

Probably generates clicks, too, if an article about draft workouts leads with Allen over Huerter or Kubolka.

Did you like anyone else there at #47 or an UDFA? Freeman? Kubolka?

I liked what I saw of Kubolka, with the caveat that we don't get to see much. He had a nice stroke and is a fluid athlete. Freeman didn't stand out either way, and Makur Maker looked out of his element.

Did they put the ball in Kunolka's hands any and make him make decisions? Seemed like he was a guy like Ingles if I'm thinking of the right guy.

I'm sure they did, but we don't get to see that part of the workout.
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 4:08 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Grayson isn't a bad pick if Huerter is gone... if he didn't look like Ted Cruz Jr., I think he'd have way less hate.

42 inch vertical?

Decent shot and ball handling skills... we could do way worse for a backup for Ball.

This is a deep draft and if you look at Grayson in totality as a prospect instead of the few telivised games you remember - he's not a good prospect. He measured poorly at the combine in terms of length, shot below avg from 3 this year, and isn't a creator...what is there to like about him. This draft is much better than him in the 1st round.

Divincenzo is who you wish Grayson was

I Rather take Grayson Allen...smh... He fearless. He wamts to win every time he steops out on the court. He not scarred to take the big shot. Look every game 1 to 2nd Quarter we might be up big time. What happens? People come out of halftime and cant shoot or fade away from being aggressive(Im looking at you Ingram). Even if someone can still shoot...This team plays NOOO Defense and the opposing team has a layup drill. I Rather then take Robinson. You can crazy at what i said all you want but none on this team plays nor can spell Defense. Also shooting free throws is cringe worthy every game. We keep getting shooters but less athletic in the defense department. Our main center had a hard time getting up and down the floor and stayed around the three line jacking up shots...Im just saying.

Del did good in the tournament but was he doing in regular season? Man...get we just stop the norm and get someone that aint scrarred of the spotlight and can play some defense and can Gods sake shoot a free throw?

Again, you're describing Divincenzo but DDV can shoot, dribble better, and is quicker

nooo see ive seen 4yrs of Grayson..so he is what he is and thats a player. He going to give you everything he got. What you see in the regular season he going to give in a tournament. The media calls him dirty and amped that up...smh which is kind of sad. He leg whipped someone...he..ah ah,,,gets frustated and fouls....talk to Rodman pushing Pippen into a goal post or Mchaeal clothesline Rambis...lol.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 4:09 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
Grayson isn't a bad pick if Huerter is gone... if he didn't look like Ted Cruz Jr., I think he'd have way less hate.

42 inch vertical?

Decent shot and ball handling skills... we could do way worse for a backup for Ball.

One thing I'd like them to measure is vertical explosiveness. I think that's more practical.

For instance, using round #s, let's say Grayson Allen jumped 42 inches in 2 sec and another player jumped 38 inches but in only 1 sec.

I'd rather have the other player because he will always outjump Grayson Allen.

In basketball, it's pretty much who can jump higher faster. When 2 guys go for a rebound, it's who can get to the ball faster. Same thing w/ a jump ball or a poster dunk.

I think this is why Grayson Allen's 42 inch vertical doesn't translate in games. I think he's a slow jumper.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 4:21 pm    Post subject:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Lakers/status/1000164617698586624/photo/1

Gelo coming in on Tuesday.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 4:27 pm    Post subject:

JustaObserver wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

42 inch vertical?

This is a deep draft and if you look at Grayson in totality as a prospect instead of the few telivised games you remember - he's not a good prospect. He measured poorly at the combine in terms of length, shot below avg from 3 this year, and isn't a creator...what is there to like about him. This draft is much better than him in the 1st round.

I Rather take Grayson Allen...smh... He fearless. He wamts to win every time he steops out on the court. He not scarred to take the big shot. Look every game 1 to 2nd Quarter we might be up big time. What happens? People come out of halftime and cant shoot or fade away from being aggressive(Im looking at you Ingram). Even if someone can still shoot...This team plays NOOO Defense and the opposing team has a layup drill. I Rather then take Robinson. You can crazy at what i said all you want but none on this team plays nor can spell Defense. Also shooting free throws is cringe worthy every game. We keep getting shooters but less athletic in the defense department. Our main center had a hard time getting up and down the floor and stayed around the three line jacking up shots...Im just saying.

Del did good in the tournament but was he doing in regular season? Man...get we just stop the norm and get someone that aint scrarred of the spotlight and can play some defense and can Gods sake shoot a free throw?

Again, you're describing Divincenzo but DDV can shoot, dribble better, and is quicker

nooo see ive seen 4yrs of Grayson..so he is what he is and thats a player. He going to give you everything he got. What you see in the regular season he going to give in a tournament. The media calls him dirty and amped that up...smh which is kind of sad. He leg whipped someone...he..ah ah,,,gets frustated and fouls....talk to Rodman pushing Pippen into a goal post or Mchaeal clothesline Rambis...lol.

You must’ve never seen Divincenzo play. Dude is tough as nails, is almost always engaged defensively, plays physical and had the best game of his career in the biggest game of his career.
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 4:41 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

42 inch vertical?

You must’ve never seen Divincenzo play. Dude is tough as nails, is almost always engaged defensively, plays physical and had the best game of his career in the biggest game of his career.

To me i dont like those that just have THAT One great game. Heck everyone prob got their "Kobe" Moment...but you cant be Kobe without being Kobe 365 days a week and that includes practice too. However every dog has one Jordan game they can bragg about. If Divincenzo goes back to college...will he go lottery next year? I know the answer and you do too? hehe.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 4:52 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:

We hopefully PASS
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 4:56 pm    Post subject:

Wonder howBruni Fernando's interview with us went today.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 4:57 pm    Post subject:

deal wrote:
epak wrote:

We hopefully PASS

They just need to go through the motions of respect... smart move imo.
DocK36
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 5:00 pm    Post subject:

deal wrote:
epak wrote:

We hopefully PASS
I can see them giving him a shot in summer league, maybe even a camp invite, but no way they're wasting a draft pick on him.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 5:07 pm    Post subject:

JustaObserver wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

42 inch vertical?

To me i dont like those that just have THAT One great game. Heck everyone prob got their "Kobe" Moment...but you cant be Kobe without being Kobe 365 days a week and that includes practice too. However every dog has one Jordan game they can bragg about. If Divincenzo goes back to college...will he go lottery next year? I know the answer and you do too? hehe.

Yes he would.
Jsthornton7
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 5:12 pm    Post subject:

I’d definitely take Huerter ahead of DiVincenzo if they were both available
P.K.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 5:25 pm    Post subject:

deal wrote:
epak wrote:

We hopefully PASS

should not have even wasted the $$$ and effort to bring him in - he's not even worth a G-league contract.
NPZ's Magic Johnson mix: www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8Qbo0WqvOI
44TheLogo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 5:49 pm    Post subject:

I been watching Grayson for 4 years as a Duke die hard and I wouldn’t draft him, ever. Dude is flat out dirty, and completely brainless. He can’t create anything against nba athleticism - all he does is drive straight line at the rim going full speed off curls, or catch and shoot. He’s not an nba player. There’s no world in which he is a better prospect than Donte DiVincenzo, period. You can quote me on that.
Vanquish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 6:04 pm    Post subject:

Not sure if this has been posted.

But the lakers will be working out Liangelo Ball

https://www.nba.com/lakers/news/180529-lakers-draft-workouts
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 6:09 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
deal wrote:
epak wrote:

We hopefully PASS

meh

would rather we cancel that workout after Lavar's latest comments on Gunnar. If we have $h*t trainers, no need to subject another son to it.

besides, what happened to we draft and sign based on character? I guess Magic's sunglasses are blinding him
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 6:20 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
deal wrote:
epak wrote:

We hopefully PASS

meh

would rather we cancel that workout after Lavar's latest comments on Gunnar. If we have $h*t trainers, no need to subject another son to it.

besides, what happened to we draft and sign based on character? I guess Magic's sunglasses are blinding him

Then we should trade Lonzo now and cut our losses.

I wasn't thrilled with the whole China episode... wasn't thrilled that Steve Mason ordered shoes that he never got from BBB.

But I figure Lonzo shouldn't suffer for the sins of his family.

I'm cool if the management decides it's not worth the headache... but I also think if we want to keep him, we may have to play the stupid game.
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 6:21 pm    Post subject:

44TheLogo wrote:
I been watching Grayson for 4 years as a Duke die hard and I wouldn’t draft him, ever. Dude is flat out dirty, and completely brainless. He can’t create anything against nba athleticism - all he does is drive straight line at the rim going full speed off curls, or catch and shoot. He’s not an nba player. There’s no world in which he is a better prospect than Donte DiVincenzo, period. You can quote me on that.

Was he dirty before espn start calling him dirty? Because before the infamous trip he was labeled to go in the top 20.....but espn say he dirty and blah blah..lol. Oooo and all he can do is drive in ....welll that sound like Randle the "Bull in a China Shop". O you said he can shoot tooo?....Well i expect that coming from Duke...I heard they had history of players that can actually shoot...Can he make a free throw?...Our team cant so we need one of those...lol. Has Donte played against NBA players? Maybe all the NBA players snuck into the opposing college jerseys in his regular college season...and thats why he couldnt play as well all season until the "big game"....lol. They couldnt get into the "Big Game" or it would look too suspicious,. One game should not determine a nba player...thats why back in the day many GMs valued 4year college players they knew what they were going to get. Grayson's body of work should over shadow a trip or some frustrations he might of showed in a game. I just wont somebody who's calling card is defense not offense...it doesnt work out too well in the 3rd and 4th qtr on this team.
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 6:25 pm    Post subject:

LiAngelo is obviously just a courtesy thing and a body for workouts, so I don't see the point in getting upset over it.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 6:25 pm    Post subject:

I agree guys. I hope gelo gets a summer league invite as well. Lol
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 6:39 pm    Post subject:

44TheLogo wrote:

Those incidents look like signs of mental weakness. Like he couldn't compete effectively, so he was going to resort those tactics; talent aside.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 6:41 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
44TheLogo wrote:

Those incidents look like signs of mental weakness. Like he couldn't compete effectively, so he was going to resort those tactics; talent aside.

Were the 2 tripping incidents the only things you guys are referring to?
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 6:45 pm    Post subject:

JustaObserver wrote:
44TheLogo wrote:

Was he dirty before espn start calling him dirty? Because before the infamous trip he was labeled to go in the top 20.....but espn say he dirty and blah blah..lol. Oooo and all he can do is drive in ....welll that sound like Randle the "Bull in a China Shop". O you said he can shoot tooo?....Well i expect that coming from Duke...I heard they had history of players that can actually shoot...Can he make a free throw?...Our team cant so we need one of those...lol. Has Donte played against NBA players? Maybe all the NBA players snuck into the opposing college jerseys in his regular college season...and thats why he couldnt play as well all season until the "big game"....lol. They couldnt get into the "Big Game" or it would look too suspicious,. One game should not determine a nba player...thats why back in the day many GMs valued 4year college players they knew what they were going to get. Grayson's body of work should over shadow a trip or some frustrations he might of showed in a game. I just wont somebody who's calling card is defense not offense...it doesnt work out too well in the 3rd and 4th qtr on this team.

Except it wasn't one. It was multiple incidents over a few years. DV actual showed gradual improvement while Grayson has been the same exact guy for 3 years, and couldn't even make the most of all that 5* talent.

DV is way overachieving. Grayson peaked from the end of his frosh year to his soph year.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/grayson-allen-1.html

So much for that body of work...

Also count the tripping incidents. Dude isn't going to get respect in the league for putting careers in danger.

Mike@LG

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 6:46 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
44TheLogo wrote:

Were the 2 tripping incidents the only things you guys are referring to?

3 is 3 too many.

Here's a 5 minute reel of garbage.

epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 6:48 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
44TheLogo wrote:

Except it wasn't one. It was multiple incidents over a few years. DV actual showed gradual improvement while Grayson has been the same exact guy for 3 years, and couldn't even make the most of all that 5* talent.

DV is way overachieving. Grayson peaked from the end of his frosh year to his soph year.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/grayson-allen-1.html

So much for that body of work...

Also count the tripping incidents. Dude isn't going to get respect in the league for putting careers in danger.

His defense seems to have improved.
As well as his playmaking?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 246, 247, 248 ... 492, 493, 494  Next
Page 247 of 494
Jump to: