Official 2018 NBA Draft Thread: Lakers select Moe Wagner (#25), Isaac Bonga (#39), and Svi Mykhailiuk (#47) - see 1st page for draft links
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 353, 354, 355 ... 492, 493, 494  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Travis Bickle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:35 pm    Post subject:

44TheLogo wrote:
DX latest mock draft:
Lakers - Grayson Allen
76ers - Dzanan Musa
Celtics - Bates-Diop
Warriors - Wagner
Nets - Hutchison
Hawks - Brunson

If the Lakers pass on Hutchinson to take Allen I will be pretty upset.
lakerfanaticPT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:49 pm    Post subject:

Travis Bickle wrote:
44TheLogo wrote:
DX latest mock draft:
Lakers - Grayson Allen
76ers - Dzanan Musa
Celtics - Bates-Diop
Warriors - Wagner
Nets - Hutchison
Hawks - Brunson

If the Lakers pass on Hutchinson to take Allen I will be pretty upset.

Ridiculous mock. Hutchison was obviously promised to Chicago or Minnesota.
The person who did this mock is definitely not in the loop for any scoops...rhyme intended lolol.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:31 pm    Post subject:

44TheLogo wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Grayson Allen and Malik Newman does not excite me. Even worse...Jevon Carter gets sent to Sacramento.

those picks in the early 30's look like nice value.

Mitchell Robinson down @ #39

Simons in the 40's

Jerome Robinson in the lottery

like i said, i think DX has lost it. trae young going 12 would be a travesty of the greatest magnitude.

To be fair, DX nailed the first 10 picks last year, and would have had 11 if MJ didn't overrule the rest of the FO wanting to take Donovan Mitchell
LaxT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:55 pm    Post subject:

Quote:

Lakers clear max space
Magic get: No. 25

Lakers get: No. 35, No. 41 and Brooklyn's 2019 second-rounder

Kevin Pelton: The Lakers were happy to get back into this year's first round at the trade deadline, having sent their pick to Philadelphia via the Steve Nash sign-and-trade some six years ago. However, it comes with a (very small) downside in the form of an estimated $1.75 million cap hold for the pick. To maximize their cap space ahead of what could be a crucial summer, the Lakers could trade out of the first round and pick up a couple of second-round picks to help bolster their depth, plus one more in 2019.

While the Lakers wouldn't add much cap space because of the estimated $830,000 charge for an empty roster spot, even a difference of less than a million dollars could be meaningful. If the cap comes in as expected at $101 million, it would allow the Lakers to keep two of their three players on non-guaranteed contracts (guard Tyler Ennis and centers Thomas Bryant and Ivica Zubac) and create enough cap room to make two max offers to players with 10-plus years of experience.

If the Lakers indeed move down on draft night, it could be an indication they're confident about their chances in free agency. Meanwhile, the Magic would consolidate their second-round picks, moving up 10 spots in the process.

#25 for three 2nd rounders. Would you do it?

It seems the Lakers have worked out more 2nd round prospects than 1st.

https://hoopshype.com/2018/05/19/2018-nba-pre-draft-workouts-whos-going-where/

Last edited by LaxT on Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
LaxT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:01 pm    Post subject:

http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-draft-pick-expectations
http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-draft-pick-stats/1/
http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-draft-pick-stats/25/
http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-draft-pick-stats/47/

I find this interesting.
Joe Smith and Derrick Coleman are starters for me, but it's a reality check, especially for expectation of the lower picks.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:15 pm    Post subject:

LaxT wrote:
Quote:

Lakers clear max space

Kevin Pelton: The Lakers were happy to get back into this year's first round at the trade deadline, having sent their pick to Philadelphia via the Steve Nash sign-and-trade some six years ago. However, it comes with a (very small) downside in the form of an estimated $1.75 million cap hold for the pick. To maximize their cap space ahead of what could be a crucial summer, the Lakers could trade out of the first round and pick up a couple of second-round picks to help bolster their depth, plus one more in 2019.

While the Lakers wouldn't add much cap space because of the estimated $830,000 charge for an empty roster spot, even a difference of less than a million dollars could be meaningful. If the cap comes in as expected at $101 million, it would allow the Lakers to keep two of their three players on non-guaranteed contracts (guard Tyler Ennis and centers Thomas Bryant and Ivica Zubac) and create enough cap room to make two max offers to players with 10-plus years of experience.

If the Lakers indeed move down on draft night, it could be an indication they're confident about their chances in free agency. Meanwhile, the Magic would consolidate their second-round picks, moving up 10 spots in the process.

Would you do it?

depends on if the FO feels that they must have that additional $400-$500K? Also, who is on the board @ #25....did someone slip 7 or 8 spots? On the surface, I would be hesitant for that return.....but there could be more below the surface that I am unaware of...
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:17 pm    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
If teams decide that Porter will need to set most or all of the 2018 - 19 season out to rehab, how far does he drop?

fingers crossed to #25

I would be more than happy to let him set a year to gamble on the talent @ #25.
LaxT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:29 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
LaxT wrote:
Quote:

Lakers clear max space

Would you do it?

depends on if the FO feels that they must have that additional $400-$500K? Also, who is on the board @ #25....did someone slip 7 or 8 spots? On the surface, I would be hesitant for that return.....but there could be more below the surface that I am unaware of...

920K. If it enables the team to keep Thomas Bryant and/or Ivica Zubac, I think they should consider. It's practically #25 for four or five 2nd rounders.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:36 pm    Post subject:

Doncic is sexy as hell. Can we trade Lonzo and 25th pick for 3rd pick and get him? He might be the European Lebron. If I was the Suns or the Kings, I would take a really close look at this kid before passing on him.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:54 pm    Post subject:

LaxT wrote:
Quote:

Lakers clear max space

That's the 2nd most disappointing draft outcome imaginable after taking Grayson Allan.
LaxT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:15 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
LaxT wrote:
Quote:

Lakers clear max space

That's the 2nd most disappointing draft outcome imaginable after taking Grayson Allan.

Would you like to explain why?

If it enables the team to keep Thomas Bryant and/or Ivica Zubac, it's #25 for four or five 2nd rounders.

The team has worked nearly every 2nd round prospects and a long list of unheard-of players. Maybe they are thinking about filling the end of bench with cheap youngsters.

If they can turn #25 and 47 into two picks in the 30s and a 2019 pick, while keeping Thomas Bryant and/or Ivica Zubac, why would it be bad?
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:15 pm    Post subject:

Maybe they have only minimum slots lined up because they know they have big free agents that take up the rest of the cap?
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:59 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
lakerfanaticPT wrote:
So Simons worked out twice for Portland who is at 24 and Holiday has worked out twice for either Utah or Atlanta (not sure) but he would be picked before us as well. Sort of opens the door a slight smidge on Huerter dropping to us at 25????

One can only pray

If Huerter doesn't make it, it means local kid Hutchison.

What are your thoughts on Džanan Musa?

To be harsh, he's on my no draft list. I think it's too much to overcome with frame, shot selection, total lack of defense, with just barely a whiff of playmaking ability.

Based on the highlights, he looked to be one of the better shooters and way farther along offensively than others in his age bracket.

Given his age as on of the youngest in the draft, I am surprised his frame is a concern. My bigger concern is his wingspan is listed at a measurement below his height.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:03 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
44TheLogo wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Grayson Allen and Malik Newman does not excite me. Even worse...Jevon Carter gets sent to Sacramento.

Simons in the 40's

like i said, i think DX has lost it. trae young going 12 would be a travesty of the greatest magnitude.

To be fair, DX nailed the first 10 picks last year, and would have had 11 if MJ didn't overrule the rest of the FO wanting to take Donovan Mitchell

jeez
El Seano
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:28 pm    Post subject:

I like Luka just for saying he wants to date Jennifer Aniston; a married woman who is 30 years his senior.
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:39 am    Post subject:

Hey Mike AT LG, where would you slot OG Anunoby in this draft? I really like his game and might overrate him but I would slot him at 6 or 7. I also like him better than Julius.

All LGer's your response is also welcomed.
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:12 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:

Simons in the 40's

I'm actually growing on the idea of Robinson going lotto brother. Dude has all the shot creating ability you could ask for, he can catch and shoot, 1-2 dribble pull ups, off screens. He's no slouch athletically either. My only concern would be how his body fills out over time.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:57 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
44TheLogo wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Simons in the 40's

fwiw, i was thinking about Grayson tonight...and like i said, not really excited to select him....but with all the spacing in the NBA, I can see the guy being a very effective combo guard off the bench. I can even see him getting PG minutes in the NBA....and maybe being more effective at it in the NBA than he was in college....at least for small minutes.

Allen seems like he's going to be a sieve on defense in the NBA with little to no versatility on that end. The question's going to be how much his shot and basic playmaking offsets that.

I think I prefer DiVincenzo's thiccness, Carter's POA defense, Shamet's superior C&S efficiency, and Brunson's passing vision, but I get the idea of Allen as a microwave scorer with secondary initiator ability off the bench.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:00 am    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Simons in the 40's

I'm actually growing on the idea of Robinson going lotto brother. Dude has all the shot creating ability you could ask for, he can catch and shoot, 1-2 dribble pull ups, off screens. He's no slouch athletically either. My only concern would be how his body fills out over time.

I like Robinson also....just amazed at his meteoric rise up the boards over the last month....not common for an upper classman...he has be doing what he does up in Chestnut Hill for several years in an elite conference.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:02 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
adkindo wrote:
44TheLogo wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Simons in the 40's

fwiw, i was thinking about Grayson tonight...and like i said, not really excited to select him....but with all the spacing in the NBA, I can see the guy being a very effective combo guard off the bench. I can even see him getting PG minutes in the NBA....and maybe being more effective at it in the NBA than he was in college....at least for small minutes.

Allen seems like he's going to be a sieve on defense in the NBA with little to no versatility on that end. The question's going to be how much his shot and basic playmaking offsets that.

I think I prefer DiVincenzo's thiccness, Carter's POA defense, Shamet's superior C&S efficiency, and Brunson's passing vision, but I get the idea of Allen as a microwave scorer with secondary initiator ability off the bench.

Yeah, I would not argue with any of those concerns, and I would also select those other guys if I was making the decision.
MIMLaker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:03 am    Post subject:

LaxT wrote:
Quote:

Lakers clear max space

I’d only do it if we weren’t able to get Huerter or DDV with the 25, AND if at least Shamet, Brunson, or Carter were still likely to be on the board at 35. I really want to add 2 rotation players via the draft, and I’m nervous as to our chances of doing so with the 47 pick.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:12 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Adrian Wojnarowski
Verified account
@wojespn
Source: Texas A & M's Robert Williams has informed the NBA that he's decided to spend draft night on Thursday in Shreveport, La., with friends and family. Williams had earned an invitation into the Green Room at the Barclays Center.

I find this interesting because he supposedly spent all day with Clippers yesterday...and even spent time with Balmer. I would think he would attend draft if he thought they were selecting him in the lottery? IDK, maybe it means nothing.....but the timing seems suspicious.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:13 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Simons in the 40's

I like Robinson also....just amazed at his meteoric rise up the boards over the last month....not common for an upper classman...he has be doing what he does up in Chestnut Hill for several years in an elite conference.

saw he was arriving late to draft events because he is spending today with Wizards FO/Ownership....so #15 may be his slot.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:26 am    Post subject:

Had the great Cole Zwicker on my pod and he killed it.

Podcast: Lakers Draft Preview

https://soundcloud.com/user-456873398/lakers-draft-preview
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:35 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Had the great Cole Zwicker on my pod and he killed it.

Podcast: Lakers Draft Preview

https://soundcloud.com/user-456873398/lakers-draft-preview

seems like he would be a hard guy to dislike on a personal level.....comes off as being comfortable in his own skin.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 353, 354, 355 ... 492, 493, 494  Next
Page 354 of 494
Jump to: