Official 2018 NBA Draft Thread: Lakers select Moe Wagner (#25), Isaac Bonga (#39), and Svi Mykhailiuk (#47) - see 1st page for draft links
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 492, 493, 494  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:37 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
Lose, Cavs, lose.

That’s really all I care about watching these Cavs games. Today was a good day.

I think Lue should rest LeBron a few of the upcoming games. Cleveland has no shot at home court from round two forward and are seven games up on Detroit in the ninth spot. LeBron is gunning for an eight consequitive trip to the finals and the bulk of that is going to be without home court anyway. Having gas in the tank is more important than home court in the first round.

If they do rest him, the pick could jump 4+ spots with the number of teams with 24-26 losses. Lue has said he's going to play every game, but at some point it's not going to make sense.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:42 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
Megaton wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
Lose, Cavs, lose.

I think Lue should rest LeBron a few of the upcoming games. Cleveland has no shot at home court from round two forward and are seven games up on Detroit in the ninth spot. LeBron is gunning for an eight consequitive trip to the finals and the bulk of that is going to be without home court anyway. Having gas in the tank is more important than home court in the first round.

If they do rest him, the pick could jump 4+ spots with the number of teams with 24-26 losses. Lue has said he's going to play every game, but at some point it's not going to make sense.

If Lebron does indeed want to come here himself, he could suffer an “injury” and see all these Ls stack up for the Cavs and then suddenly we have a lottery pick.

I can dream can’t I?
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:43 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
Megaton wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
Lose, Cavs, lose.

If Lebron does indeed want to come here himself, he could suffer an “injury” and see all these Ls stack up for the Cavs and then suddenly we have a lottery pick.

I can dream can’t I?

You're not the only one dreaming.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:22 pm    Post subject:

Saw this on Reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/lakers/comments/808opn/the_cavs_2018_1st_round_pick_is_2_games_back_from/

Come on Lebron, just coast the rest of the season. You don’t need home court advantage in the East anyway.

Who could we get with a 16th pick?
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:29 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
Saw this on Reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/lakers/comments/808opn/the_cavs_2018_1st_round_pick_is_2_games_back_from/

Come on Lebron, just coast the rest of the season. You don’t need home court advantage in the East anyway.

Zhaire Smith
Troy Brown
Chandler Hutchison
Shai Gilgeous-Alexander
Robert Williams
Shake Milton

Or

Package #16, #46, Deng for expiring?

Start:
Zo/PG13.1/Ingram/LeBron/Randle

Hart, Zubac, Bryant, Kuzma

Ingram/Hart/PG13.1/James/Randle

OMG

adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:36 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Saw this on Reddit.

Zhaire Smith
Troy Brown
Chandler Hutchison
Shai Gilgeous-Alexander
Robert Williams
Shake Milton

Or

Zhaire Smith looked really good again this weekend....he is so raw right now, but I think there is a real chance his game could develop into something special if he lands in the right environment. They play @ WVU tomorrow.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:38 pm    Post subject:

He's a 2 playing 4. Gotta watch the shot and handle.

Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:43 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Saw this on Reddit.

Zhaire Smith
Troy Brown
Chandler Hutchison
Shai Gilgeous-Alexander
Robert Williams
Shake Milton

Or

Who do you like the best out of those guys? Troy Brown sounds like an excellent pick as a backup wing option.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:54 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:

with Zhaire Smith? He definitely has some development in both of those areas that will be needed over the next couple years...but that is why I am so intrigued with what he could become one day....he is already a problem in the Big 12 almost every night, and is doing it on sheer talent & athleticism. Maybe this sounds a little silly....but every once in a while I get those San Diego State Kawhi vibes from Smith. Obviously he does not have the freakish measurements, but he has a +4 wingspan and can jump out of the gym....and like Kawhi did then, he already kind of knows how to use his length and athleticism to succeed on the court.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:55 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Saw this on Reddit.

Zhaire Smith
Troy Brown
Chandler Hutchison
Shai Gilgeous-Alexander
Robert Williams
Shake Milton

Or

Who do you like the best out of those guys? Troy Brown sounds like an excellent pick as a backup wing option.

They're all in the same relative tier for me. Zhaire is more of an off-ball guy and the most explosive guy of the group. Off ball/wing

Troy looks like a point forward and he has the measurements. 6'7, 6'11"+. Needs more efficiency w shot but I like how he moves the ball and runs the offense. Always finding open guys. Avg athl. Playmaker/wing

Hutchison is arguably the most ball-dominant guy of group despite not being a PG. Dan Majerle with some idea of passing. Streaky 3pt. shot. Straight line drive, euro-step, halfcourt athl. Scoring/wing

SGA just reminds me of a less athletic Dejounte Murray. Definitely less twitchy, but shooting 39% behind arc on just 1.4 attempts. Still finds ways to get to the rim. Fairly dynamic handler. Like Troy Brown, Hutchison, Shake, all around 6'7", all around 7' wingspans, except he's a PG. Playmaker

Robert Williams was once thought of as McDyess. His game opens up if he hits from mid/long 2. Explosive 5/4. Questions about motor slipped him way down out of the lottery from last year's draft. Interior Big

Shake Milton has the purest shot. Also PG, avg athl. But easily the best shooter of this entire group. Right at 43% 3pt all 3 years so far for SMU. Comfortable in PnR, shooting mids. Like a taller Denzel Valentine. Playmaker/wing

Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:56 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

with Zhaire Smith? He definitely has some development in both of those areas that will be needed over the next couple years...but that is why I am so intrigued with what he could become one day....he is already a problem in the Big 12 almost every night, and is doing it on sheer talent & athleticism. Maybe this sounds a little silly....but every once in a while I get those San Diego State Kawhi vibes from Smith. Obviously he does not have the freakish measurements, but he has a +4 wingspan and can jump out of the gym....and like Kawhi did then, he already kind of knows how to use his length and athleticism to succeed on the court.

Yeah I'm just super hesitant about developing ball-handling at this stage. Takes forever. Fortunately, he's a low TO guy and moves the ball.

It's not like a jumpshot, which can be fixed within months to a few years.

44TheLogo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:01 pm    Post subject:

If we're at 16 I'm taking Troy Brown no question
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:06 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

Yeah I'm just super hesitant about developing ball-handling at this stage. Takes forever. Fortunately, he's a low TO guy and moves the ball.

btw....I was heartbroken that one of the other guys had to mention Jevon Carter.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:08 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

btw....I was heartbroken that one of the other guys had to mention Jevon Carter.

Why? I didn't have to mention him.

Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:09 pm    Post subject:

44TheLogo wrote:

Yeah. I wish he were a more efficient shooter, but he can just play and make the game easy.

adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:11 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:

Why? I didn't have to mention him.

yeah, I was just kidding.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:12 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
44TheLogo wrote:

Yeah. I wish he were a more efficient shooter, but he can just play and make the game easy.

If Kuzma can improve his shooting as much as he did, so can Troy I think. Although Troy is also a freshman.

He just looks like a great fit here. Especially after several years of terrible role playing wings here.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:16 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
44TheLogo wrote:

If Kuzma can improve his shooting as much as he did, so can Troy I think. Although Troy is also a freshman.

He just looks like a great fit here. Especially after several years of terrible role playing wings here.

Well that's the thing. Shake Milton IS a more efficient shooter, already gets a lot of PnR play, and is the default PG for SMU. It's an easy shot he's shown plenty of efficiency for 3 consecutive years.

Troy has better awareness/intuitive passing. I like how I never see that guy take a bad shot, and despite being an average athlete, doesn't really go OC yet stays aggressive attacking.

adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:17 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
44TheLogo wrote:

starting to worry a little that by the end of the year, his shooting will not look much improved over college. Honestly, I still like his shot, release, etc.....but these last two months have been pretty bad.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:19 pm    Post subject:

If Miles Bridges did not have so much pedigree/hype coming into college.....and did not have such a great Freshman year.....would we consider him a lottery lock based on the player he currently is?
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:26 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
If Miles Bridges did not have so much pedigree/hype coming into college.....and did not have such a great Freshman year.....would we consider him a lottery lock based on the player he currently is?

How high do you think a kick ass shooting version of Julius Randle would look?

adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:44 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
adkindo wrote:

I think Randle has 3 inches on him...that is where I hesitate on him....seems like an undersized PF to me....I mean I do not see him being able to play the #3....so he is 6'6"....with a +3 wingspan. Just not sure where he fits in the NBA. Also, i do not really see the improvement from last season (but I have only watched 3-4 games this year).
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:45 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
adkindo wrote:

I think Randle has 3 inches on him...that is where I hesitate on him....seems like an undersized PF to me....I mean I do not see him being able to play the #3....so he is 6'6"....with a +3 wingspan. Just not sure where he fits in the NBA. Also, i do not really see the improvement from last season (but I have only watched 3-4 games this year).

He is an undersized 4, just like Randle is an undersized 5. Both have low block/steal rates.

Miles didn't really improve from last season, but frankly, does it matter? He was already unusually high assist rate, 3pt%, and did +20%FT.

Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:30 pm    Post subject:

Miles is also a 90% FT shooter.

Christ, from a college kid? Nowadays we see these lottery guys come to the league as 60% or barely 70% ft shooters. At least we know he’s gonna be a shooter.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:32 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
Miles is also a 90% FT shooter.

Christ, from a college kid? Nowadays we see these lottery guys come to the league as 60% or barely 70% ft shooters. At least we know he’s gonna be a shooter.

20% jump from last year.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 492, 493, 494  Next
Page 43 of 494
Jump to: