Official 2018 NBA Draft Thread: Lakers select Moe Wagner (#25), Isaac Bonga (#39), and Svi Mykhailiuk (#47) - see 1st page for draft links
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 252, 253, 254 ... 492, 493, 494  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 3:51 pm    Post subject:

Jsthornton7 wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
Jsthornton7 wrote:
https://maryland.247sports.com/Article/Kevin-Huerters-Skips-Utah-Jazz-Workout-Moves-Toward-NBA-Draft-Decision--118571564

Huerter flew home to decide with his parents whether he will stay in the draft or return to school.

I remember reading right around the combine time he was going to meet with his parents and discuss before the deadline, and yet he still had that Jazz workout scheduled. Until Friday happened
neva lost

Look, I’d love for us to draft Huerter I just don’t think a promise from the Lakers would be the reason he wouldn’t work out for the Jazz.

Of course there's probably a bunch of more likely scenarios. Maybe he just needs more time to decide, maybe he heard a promise from a completely different team - but you have to admit the timing is curious.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 3:51 pm    Post subject:

Jsthornton7 wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
Jsthornton7 wrote:
https://maryland.247sports.com/Article/Kevin-Huerters-Skips-Utah-Jazz-Workout-Moves-Toward-NBA-Draft-Decision--118571564

Huerter flew home to decide with his parents whether he will stay in the draft or return to school.

I remember reading right around the combine time he was going to meet with his parents and discuss before the deadline, and yet he still had that Jazz workout scheduled. Until Friday happened
neva lost

Look, I’d love for us to draft Huerter I just don’t think a promise from the Lakers would be the reason he wouldn’t work out for the Jazz.

That's how the draft works... players 'accept' promises, and excuses that make no sense start arising. Like Justsomefan said, he already was planning on deliberating after the Jazz workout, 2 days after his Laker workout that plan changes, to not workout for a seemingly good fit before the Lakers slot..
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 3:55 pm    Post subject:

From the words of ZEUS, JESUS...
HOF Rookie
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 5:45 pm    Post subject:

babyskyhook wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
All right let's get out our tin foil hats:

https://twitter.com/UtahJazzPR/status/1000821674210611200

Huerter was supposed to be working out for the Jazz this Monday.

Edit: and he said himself at his Lakers workout interview he had Jazz on Monday, so this was scheduled at least up through Friday.

he'll be a Laker. Clearly.

Exactly what I was thinking. There's just no other explanation.

If ATL promised him and he wanted to cancel Utah workout, you’d think he would have done so earlier. Interesting timing.

the variable is no one knows when the promises happen. people are assuming they are happening right after the workout or even the day after.

could be days after when they see that the player had a good workout with another team.
HOF Rookie
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 5:49 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Jsthornton7 wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
Jsthornton7 wrote:

neva lost

That's how the draft works... players 'accept' promises, and excuses that make no sense start arising. Like Justsomefan said, he already was planning on deliberating after the Jazz workout, 2 days after his Laker workout that plan changes, to not workout for a seemingly good fit before the Lakers slot..

he could have gotten a promise from both us and Atlanta (or anyone else), and he's going back home to tell his parent what the deal is before he makes it official. the promise doesn't necessarily need to come within a couple days of a workout.

it would be a steal for us to get him at 25 but i'm not hopeful for it.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 5:51 pm    Post subject:

HOF Rookie wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Jsthornton7 wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
Jsthornton7 wrote:

neva lost

he could have gotten a promise from both us and Atlanta (or anyone else), and he's going back home to tell his parent what the deal is before he makes it official. the promise doesn't necessarily need to come within a couple days of a workout.

You bring up a great point. But it's also a point that doesn't match up with what I want, therefore I am rejecting it.
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 5:55 pm    Post subject:

HOF Rookie wrote:
babyskyhook wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:

Edit: and he said himself at his Lakers workout interview he had Jazz on Monday, so this was scheduled at least up through Friday.

If ATL promised him and he wanted to cancel Utah workout, you’d think he would have done so earlier. Interesting timing.

the variable is no one knows when the promises happen. people are assuming they are happening right after the workout or even the day after.

could be days after when they see that the player had a good workout with another team.

If I’m going to promise a player, the whole point would be so that he shuts down his workouts for other teams. Why would I wait to make him a promise until after someone else has worked him out ?
HOF Rookie
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 5:56 pm    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
HOF Rookie wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Jsthornton7 wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
Jsthornton7 wrote:

neva lost

You bring up a great point. But it's also a point that doesn't match up with what I want, therefore I am rejecting it.

although illogical, you are an honest person, i can respect that.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 6:05 pm    Post subject:

HOF Rookie wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
HOF Rookie wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Jsthornton7 wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
Jsthornton7 wrote:

neva lost

although illogical, you are an honest person, i can respect that.

Unfortunately I think Atlanta has the inside track.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 6:19 pm    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
HOF Rookie wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Jsthornton7 wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
Jsthornton7 wrote:

neva lost

Speak it into existancé!
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 6:46 pm    Post subject:

I'm reading this differently that you guys...

if he feels like his floor is 25, and Utah is at 21, then why not work out for them and then shut it down.

makes me think either he prefers to be here and thus doesn't want to give Utah anything to see OR he feels like he's got a floor of 25 and he should look into going back and coming out next year when he could likely end up in the top 12.

would love to have that kid though...
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 6:50 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:

if he feels like his floor is 25, and Utah is at 21, then why not work out for them and then shut it down.

makes me think either he prefers to be here and thus doesn't want to give Utah anything to see OR he feels like he's got a floor of 25 and he should look into going back and coming out next year when he could likely end up in the top 12.

The Lakers are probably picking between 12-15 next summer, so he could still end up a Laker.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 7:29 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:

The Lakers are probably picking between 12-15 next summer, so he could still end up a Laker.

I can't agree with that. Lakers gonna be early 20s
HOF Rookie
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 7:36 pm    Post subject:

babyskyhook wrote:
HOF Rookie wrote:
babyskyhook wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:

If I’m going to promise a player, the whole point would be so that he shuts down his workouts for other teams. Why would I wait to make him a promise until after someone else has worked him out ?

couple reasons i can think of quickly:

1) if you're drafting ahead of all the teams that he's working out for, you might be less concerned. if someone drafting behind you gives him a promise, then you can use that as leverage to maybe have them trade up.

2) perhaps the hawks were working out other guys in that range, and didn't like them as much and landed on Huerter

i think that he's likely got a promise somewhere, and realizes his floor is 25 (for instance), is going back home to tell his parents that he's going through with the process but also getting feedback from his family.

i don't think this is as cut and dry as some people are making it out to be.
Jsthornton7
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 7:40 pm    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
Jsthornton7 wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
Jsthornton7 wrote:

neva lost

Of course there's probably a bunch of more likely scenarios. Maybe he just needs more time to decide, maybe he heard a promise from a completely different team - but you have to admit the timing is curious.

For sure it’s curious timing, but maybe just knowing he would go in the first round was enough to decide what to do. Let’s say he stays in the draft, don’t you guys think he’ll work out for more teams with earlier picks than 25?
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 7:52 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
2019 wrote:

I can't agree with that. Lakers gonna be early 20s

I'll agree with you once PG13 signs on
lakerfanaticPT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 8:03 pm    Post subject:

I think he shut it down because today is the 27th and he has to make up his mind to stay in the draft by the 30th. He wants his family to help and if he had Utahs workout that is one or two less days to be home and figure it out. Im not sure he has a promise from anyone. Just trying to figure out if he should stay in school.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 10:24 pm    Post subject:

I think he shut it down cuz his family has a BBQ for memorial day. And when his family BBQs, it usually takes a day to recover from the partying.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 11:03 pm    Post subject:

sorry if i missed this already being discussed but didn't the Lakers already promise their 25 pick to that Mitchell Robinson or whatever? Was that just BS or are we assuming someone is taking him before the 25th?
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 11:12 pm    Post subject:

27 wrote:
sorry if i missed this already being discussed but didn't the Lakers already promise their 25 pick to that Mitchell Robinson or whatever? Was that just BS or are we assuming someone is taking him before the 25th?

I believe emplay was told no promise was made.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 11:24 pm    Post subject:

I'm falling in love with Lonnie Walker. Looks like a potenital steal..

vicman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 11:44 pm    Post subject:

I haven't really studied the draf fully but the kid I want if it isn't Robinson si the nova kid. I was wondering could he and hart run the 2nd unit or not. I think they may be able to do it for small portions of the game. I wanted hart really bad last year and I think his former teammate is the best pick at 25 if Robinson is gone which I think he will be
lakerfanaticPT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 8:20 am    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
I'm falling in love with Lonnie Walker. Looks like a potenital steal..

Would definitely need to move up to grab Walker.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 8:58 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
27 wrote:

I believe emplay was told no promise was made.

Cool cool -- Thanks, I appreciate it!
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 9:52 am    Post subject:

HOF Rookie wrote:
babyskyhook wrote:
HOF Rookie wrote:
babyskyhook wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:

couple reasons i can think of quickly:

1) if you're drafting ahead of all the teams that he's working out for, you might be less concerned. if someone drafting behind you gives him a promise, then you can use that as leverage to maybe have them trade up.

2) perhaps the hawks were working out other guys in that range, and didn't like them as much and landed on Huerter

i think that he's likely got a promise somewhere, and realizes his floor is 25 (for instance), is going back home to tell his parents that he's going through with the process but also getting feedback from his family.

i don't think this is as cut and dry as some people are making it out to be.

I think you all are forgetting to factor in the vector of the sun, whilst triangulated to The range of frequencies in the electromagnetic spectrum that makes up the radio spectrum is very large. This means that the types of antennas that are used as radio telescopes vary widely in design, size, and configuration. At wavelengths of 30 meters to 3 meters (10 MHz - 100 MHz), they are generally either directional antenna arrays similar to "TV antennas" or large stationary reflectors with moveable focal points. Since the wavelengths being observed with these types of antennas are so long, the "reflector" surfaces can be constructed from coarse wire mesh such as chicken wire.[5] [6] At shorter wavelengths parabolic "dish" antennas predominate. The angular resolution of a dish antenna is determined by the ratio of the diameter of the dish to the wavelength of the radio waves being observed. This dictates the dish size a radio telescope needs for a useful resolution. Radio telescopes that operate at wavelengths of 3 meters to 30 cm (100 MHz to 1 GHz) are usually well over 100 meters in diameter. Telescopes working at wavelengths shorter than 30 cm (above 1 GHz) range in size from 3 to 90 meters in diameter.[citation needed]

So maybe huerter has a lot to think about.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 252, 253, 254 ... 492, 493, 494  Next
Page 253 of 494
Jump to: