Official 2018 NBA Draft Thread: Lakers select Moe Wagner (#25), Isaac Bonga (#39), and Svi Mykhailiuk (#47) - see 1st page for draft links
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 492, 493, 494  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:08 am    Post subject:

Is Missouri's Michael Porter Jr. hinting at possible return this season?

Quote:
But Porter Jr. posted a cryptic message to his Instagram story on Sunday by calling Missouri's own statement into question, and hinting at a possible return this season.

LINK
Eindhoven
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:29 am    Post subject:

Doncic took a leap in his game and is balling at Euroleague. Remember: it's the 2nd strongest league in the World, he plays against adults and leads one of the Top-3 teams in the league.

So, he's leading Euroleague wit 19.7 PPG - like NCAA, games have 40 minutes.

In 27.3 MPG, his numbers are: 19.7pt / 6.4rb / 4.1ast. Per 36, they would be: 26.0pt / 8.4rb / 5.4ast

He's shooting 58.2% 2pt / 35.2% 3pt / 88.9% FT. FIBA's 3pt line is roughly midway between NCAA and NBA.

Euroleague uses the Performance Index Rating (PIR) to rank the players. It's formula is given by: (Points + Rebounds + Assists + Steals + Blocks + Fouls Drawn) - (Missed Field Goals + Missed Free Throws + Turnovers + Shots Rejected + Fouls Committed). Doncic leads the League by a wide margin (26.4, 2nd place Nando de Colo has 19.4).

For those who didn't follow, last summer, Doncic and Dragic lead small Slovenia (total population: 2 million) to its first Eurocup title in history, beating Spain in the semifinals and Serbia in the finals.

He is still 18 years old.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:48 pm    Post subject:

If I was picking #1...do not think I could pass on Deandre Ayton.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:07 pm    Post subject:

I have a feeling our Denver pick will be shipped out. I don't know why, but I can't see us keeping that pick for any reason. I could be wrong though.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:32 pm    Post subject:

Eindhoven wrote:
Doncic took a leap in his game and is balling at Euroleague. Remember: it's the 2nd strongest league in the World, he plays against adults and leads one of the Top-3 teams in the league.

So, he's leading Euroleague wit 19.7 PPG - like NCAA, games have 40 minutes.

In 27.3 MPG, his numbers are: 19.7pt / 6.4rb / 4.1ast. Per 36, they would be: 26.0pt / 8.4rb / 5.4ast

He's shooting 58.2% 2pt / 35.2% 3pt / 88.9% FT. FIBA's 3pt line is roughly midway between NCAA and NBA.

Euroleague uses the Performance Index Rating (PIR) to rank the players. It's formula is given by: (Points + Rebounds + Assists + Steals + Blocks + Fouls Drawn) - (Missed Field Goals + Missed Free Throws + Turnovers + Shots Rejected + Fouls Committed). Doncic leads the League by a wide margin (26.4, 2nd place Nando de Colo has 19.4).

For those who didn't follow, last summer, Doncic and Dragic lead small Slovenia (total population: 2 million) to its first Eurocup title in history, beating Spain in the semifinals and Serbia in the finals.

He is still 18 years old.

Hoop IQ through the roof. Almost expect immediate impact.

I think in his case, age doesn't create higher upside like it does for other players. I don't expect him to become an explosive player, just stronger and decisive. The way he plays is efficient and makes for a long career.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:34 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
The little I've seen of Bagley, I see a guy completely getting away with motor/twitch/athleticism at the NCAA level and getting away with being incredibly productive.

Usually that's indicative of tremendous upside. However, his foundation of triple threat skills is lower than the other bigs on Duke, especially with ball-handling, post footwork, and shooting.

As for mid 2nds, I only have:

JP Macura
https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/jp-macura-1.html

Kerwin Roach Jr
https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/kerwin-roachjr-1.html

Payton Pritchard
https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/payton-pritchard-1.html

Jalen Hudson
https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/jalen-hudson-1.html

What do you think of Vince Edwards?

Haven't had a chance to watch Purdue yet. I just keep retweeting names to keep track of and the list is growing rapidly.

Mike@LG

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:37 pm    Post subject:

Collin Sexton is my top college guy so far and #2 on my early board behind Doncic. He compares very favorably with Fultz and DSJ as a near elite scoring lead guard prospect.

Bagley's tweener offensive game might be an awkward fit in the NBA, but his motor is elite and with his athleticism could make him a productive player as his perimeter skills catch up.

Kevin Knox is the best non-Bridges (Miles/Mikal) wing in college, and could surpass both with his impressive shot off the catch and the bounce.

Trae Young doesn't make sense as a top NBA prospect with his mediocre size and athleticism, but he could be an intriguing option for the Lakers in the second round if he declares as a gunner Tyus Jones.

Bagley's motor and athleticism is a reflection of just outright elite upside. Guys like that with raw skills, yet are still productive, go a long way.

Gerald Wallace barely did straight line drives and barely developed a mid-range jumper, but his athleticism and motor were so elite, he became an eventual All-Star.

Other guys with that kind of profile are Shawn Kemp, Amare Stoudemire off the top of my head.

I do have concern about Bagley's lack of great wingspan/standing reach. He's a 5 on offense, a 4 on defense, but elite switchability. What do you do with that?

44TheLogo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:59 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Collin Sexton is my top college guy so far and #2 on my early board behind Doncic. He compares very favorably with Fultz and DSJ as a near elite scoring lead guard prospect.

Bagley's tweener offensive game might be an awkward fit in the NBA, but his motor is elite and with his athleticism could make him a productive player as his perimeter skills catch up.

Kevin Knox is the best non-Bridges (Miles/Mikal) wing in college, and could surpass both with his impressive shot off the catch and the bounce.

Trae Young doesn't make sense as a top NBA prospect with his mediocre size and athleticism, but he could be an intriguing option for the Lakers in the second round if he declares as a gunner Tyus Jones.

Bagley's motor and athleticism is a reflection of just outright elite upside. Guys like that with raw skills, yet are still productive, go a long way.

Gerald Wallace barely did straight line drives and barely developed a mid-range jumper, but his athleticism and motor were so elite, he became an eventual All-Star.

Other guys with that kind of profile are Shawn Kemp, Amare Stoudemire off the top of my head.

I do have concern about Bagley's lack of great wingspan/standing reach. He's a 5 on offense, a 4 on defense, but elite switchability. What do you do with that?

chris bosh role on d and i don't agree w/ him being a 5 on offense. 35% from 3 w/ a nice stroke that projects to range
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:18 pm    Post subject:

44TheLogo wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

chris bosh role on d and i don't agree w/ him being a 5 on offense. 35% from 3 w/ a nice stroke that projects to range

The perimeter shot alone may not be enough for "solid" 4 skills.

I think of a two-way comparison when it comes to Bagley. Shawn Kemp size/athleticism. Julius Randle skills. Not exactly the most dynamic PF-skilled player just yet.

KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:54 pm    Post subject:

All I do when I watch the top guys is compare them to our #2 picks. For instance I've done a lot of wishing that Ingram was as athletic as Bagley.
Haven't watched Bagley closely but he looks skilled enough to play the 4, jumper looks decent - was under the assumption his handle/playmaking were decent as well
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:22 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
All I do when I watch the top guys is compare them to our #2 picks. For instance I've done a lot of wishing that Ingram was as athletic as Bagley.
Haven't watched Bagley closely but he looks skilled enough to play the 4, jumper looks decent - was under the assumption his handle/playmaking were decent as well

It's under the assumption part where I have the question marks. Flashes yes. Also TO prone from those plays.

Also think the bar keeps moving up for guard skills at 4 and 5.

adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:03 pm    Post subject:

doubt he will be there in the mid 2nd Round...but Lagerald Vick continued his good season tonight with 28 Points / 5 Rebounds / 7 Assists for Kansas.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:05 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Haven't had a chance to watch Purdue yet. I just keep retweeting names to keep track of and the list is growing rapidly.

have you got a chance to watch the freshman Trae Young (Oklahoma) this season?
iimarshon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:50 am    Post subject:

Hoping Aaron Holliday can slip to us for our 2nd round pick. Would be a good backup PG.

UCLA fans --> Is Wilkes and Hands likely to return to UCLA next year or come out?

I think Bagley is solidifying himself as the #1 pick.

Ayton may surpass Doncic.
iimarshon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:51 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
I have a feeling our Denver pick will be shipped out. I don't know why, but I can't see us keeping that pick for any reason. I could be wrong though.

Considering we're going after two maxes and will prob be cash strapped if we get two guys - I think they'll use that pick on someone that can help.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:16 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

Yup

KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:21 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

Yup

Watchya think? Kind of a polarizing prospex
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:26 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

Yup

I haven't made up my mind yet. What keeps me glued is the passing, because I've seen WAY too many PGs shoot 30' Js and light nets on fire, and never make the league or just be borderline.

But at the NCAA level, he's definitely the closest to playing like Curry. Hell, Curry never looked like that at the NCAA level. He didn't have that level of handle and passing when he left Davidson.

pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:09 pm    Post subject:

Yet another rumor: LeBron James wants to team up with... Nerlens Noel?
Quote:
2018 free agents LeBron James and Nerlens Noel (who are both represented by Rich Paul) are reportedly "plotting" to team up, potentially on the Los Angeles Lakers this summer. @Erik_Gundersen has the details:

http://lebronwire.usatoday.com/2017/12/08/lebron-james-team-up-nerlens-noel-los-angeles-lakers/
44TheLogo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:50 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

Yup

I haven't made up my mind yet. What keeps me glued is the passing, because I've seen WAY too many PGs shoot 30' Js and light nets on fire, and never make the league or just be borderline.

But at the NCAA level, he's definitely the closest to playing like Curry. Hell, Curry never looked like that at the NCAA level. He didn't have that level of handle and passing when he left Davidson.

not sure i've ever seen a freshman with his level of skill and footwork

similarly not sure i've ever seen a player as lazy and noncompetitive on the defensive side of things, and there are some really really bad defenders in college

who knows
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:45 pm    Post subject:

44TheLogo wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

Yup

not sure i've ever seen a freshman with his level of skill and footwork

similarly not sure i've ever seen a player as lazy and noncompetitive on the defensive side of things, and there are some really really bad defenders in college

who knows

He's ahead of the curve with ball-handling, passing, range.

He's behind the curve with physicality, finishing, shot selection, defense. Shrug.

MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:32 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Yet another rumor: LeBron James wants to team up with... Nerlens Noel?
Quote:
2018 free agents LeBron James and Nerlens Noel (who are both represented by Rich Paul) are reportedly "plotting" to team up, potentially on the Los Angeles Lakers this summer. @Erik_Gundersen has the details:

http://lebronwire.usatoday.com/2017/12/08/lebron-james-team-up-nerlens-noel-los-angeles-lakers/

Nerlens Noel's contract value is tanking this year with how Dallas has used him. So I'd go after him in the off-season regardless of the rumor.

His style of center is one Luke actually has some familiarity with, and he has a solid defensive upside.
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:46 pm    Post subject:

I hope there's a Jokic/Marc Gasol in the 2nd round and we get him.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:56 pm    Post subject:

saetarubia wrote:

I just want to trade for Pasecniks...
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:05 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
saetarubia wrote:

I just want to trade for Pasecniks...

JC to Philly for Bayless and Pasceniks' draft rights?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 492, 493, 494  Next
Page 4 of 494
Jump to: