Kuzma vs Nance vs Randle
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:55 am    Post subject:

Hoop_Knowledge wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Nance should be the starter, he or Randle. They don’t fit well together so we need one starting and one off the bench. Kuzma is not a better player than Randle, weaker rebounder and defender and he doesn’t set his teammates up for scores. But I get that he has shiny offense and that is all that many understand about the game.

Who doesn't fit well together? Not sure who you are referring to. And Kuzma is a better player than JR. There is only one player on the team currently that you can legitimately argue is better than Kuzma and that is BI.

You do correctly state that Kuz is weaker defensively, but neglect to mention that Kuz is superior offensively in every way (better spot up shooter, 3pt shooter, midrange shooter, dribble penetrator, post offense, double team recognition and passer, better off-the-ball cutter, and a better playmaker). He also fits better with Lonzo than JR (because of his better screen and roll and screen and pop skillset), and has on many occassions setup teammates for scores.

As a fellow Laker fan, I am not sure why you seem bitter at the fact that this guy is the real deal, and he is getting legitimate league-wide recognition for his game and contributions.

Randle and Nance don’t fit, which one spaces the floor? And Kuzma isn’t a playmaker at all, he is a good scorer who has what, 1 total assist the last two games combined? Don’t be blind to what happens in games. Sure I am a Laker fan, I want what is best for the team. You can be a player fan all you want but the team winning means more to me than supporting my pet player.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:56 am    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
Hoop_Knowledge wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Nance should be the starter, he or Randle. They don’t fit well together so we need one starting and one off the bench. Kuzma is not a better player than Randle, weaker rebounder and defender and he doesn’t set his teammates up for scores. But I get that he has shiny offense and that is all that many understand about the game.

Who doesn't fit well together? Not sure who you are referring to. And Kuzma is a better player than JR. There is only one player on the team currently that you can legitimately argue is better than Kuzma and that is BI.

You do correctly state that Kuz is weaker defensively, but neglect to mention that Kuz is superior offensively in every way (better spot up shooter, 3pt shooter, midrange shooter, dribble penetrator, post offense, double team recognition and passer, better off-the-ball cutter, and a better playmaker). He also fits better with Lonzo than JR (because of his better screen and roll and screen and pop skillset), and has on many occassions setup teammates for scores.

As a fellow Laker fan, I am not sure why you seem bitter at the fact that this guy is the real deal, and he is getting legitimate league-wide recognition for his game and contributions.

Kuzma has been amazing but he hasn't out played Randle or Nance; and BI has been okay. I would say of the 4 mentioned above BI's been the least effective player.

Nance should start only because he a true PF. Juilus can play the 4 or 5, kuz can play the 3 or 4.

How in the world do you remove the lineup's best (only?) outside shooting threat...

We're going to win games with rebounding, I guess.
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:01 am    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Thanks, Coach Scott.

Who needs perimeter shooting and scoring when you have the hard-nosed D of two guys who can't hit the broad side of a barn from 20 feet.

He’s right. Randle and Nance should not be playing together often, if ever.

One of Lopez or Kuzma should start, and one of Randle or Nance should start.

Walton and V both have this right.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:05 am    Post subject:

Agree on the Randle-Nance pair, we have evidence that they don't fit. Putting both on a bench unit with our only shooter being JC isn't helping anyone or taking advantage of having a superior bench unit to other teams with a lackluster starting group.

Either Kuzma-Randle or Randle-Lopez would be the starting bigs I'd like to see.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:05 am    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Thanks, Coach Scott.

Who needs perimeter shooting and scoring when you have the hard-nosed D of two guys who can't hit the broad side of a barn from 20 feet.

No matter how you try to rearrange the deck chairs you're going to have an atrocious shooting team on the floor. I'd rather it not be with the starter's.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:06 am    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
Agree on the Randle-Nance pair, we have evidence that they don't fit. Putting both on a bench unit with our only shooter being JC isn't helping anyone or taking advantage of having a superior bench unit to other teams with a lackluster starting group.

And the Bogut and Randle pairing is any different?
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:09 am    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:

Don't play Bogut. Off the bench the rotation could be Kuzma-Randle or (will NEVER happen) Nance-Lopez lmao
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:11 am    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:

Don't play Bogut. Off the bench the rotation could be Kuzma-Randle or (will NEVER happen) Nance-Lopez lmao

So the bench should have better outside shooting and floor spacing than the starters. I don't understand the logic of that.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:15 am    Post subject:

I would play Nance and Lopez was starters for minimal minutes, with Kuzma and randle coming in early and plying the larger minutes. Out bogut in when Lopez is not doing well or if randle is not able to handle a match up. Can also play a bit of randle and Lopez together., and Kuzma can play with Lopez too. Avoid two non shooters together if possible.
Hoop_Knowledge
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:19 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Hoop_Knowledge wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Randle and Nance don’t fit, which one spaces the floor? And Kuzma isn’t a playmaker at all, he is a good scorer who has what, 1 total assist the last two games combined? Don’t be blind to what happens in games. Sure I am a Laker fan, I want what is best for the team. You can be a player fan all you want but the team winning means more to me than supporting my pet player.

What are you talking about supporting a pet player? Most people want what is best for the team. And that involves correctly pointing out the player's strengths and weaknesses, and how that corresponds with certain lineups and the team at-large. It does not involve mindlessly hating or nitpicking on a player you may not like. And the comment about the 1 assist is pure nitpicking at best, hating at worst.

Kuzma is not the team's best playmaker, but there is nothing wrong with that. He is a better playmaker and overall player and scorer than JR and LNJ, and there is nothing wrong with that either. He also plays better with Ball than the other two, and there is nothing wrong with that.

Wanting what is best for the team usually entails having an understanding of the need to have and start the team's best and most effective players. Kuzma is arguably the team's best all-around player right now (especially on offense) and being rational or truthful about that has nothing to do with being a player fan.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:21 am    Post subject:

Lonzo
KCP
BI
Koozy
Randle

bring both nance and lopez off the bench

problem solved
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:22 am    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Thanks, Coach Scott.

No matter how you try to rearrange the deck chairs you're going to have an atrocious shooting team on the floor. I'd rather it not be with the starter's.

Not a big fan of balance I see.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:43 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Thanks, Coach Scott.

And I would rather not throw both units under the bus.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:41 pm    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Thanks, Coach Scott.

I'm a fan of starting the game with our best offensive player.

Last edited by greenfrog on Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
3baller
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:58 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Hoop_Knowledge wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Yeah. Either blinded by bias or doesn't watch games confirmed. Kuz had 5 assists in the Bulls game which was our game before last night's.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:01 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Thanks, Coach Scott.

I'm a fan of starting the game with our best offensive player.

Then bench Lopez. Starting him with Kuzma makes no sense.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:27 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
I would play Nance and Lopez was starters for minimal minutes, with Kuzma and randle coming in early and plying the larger minutes. Out bogut in when Lopez is not doing well or if randle is not able to handle a match up. Can also play a bit of randle and Lopez together., and Kuzma can play with Lopez too. Avoid two non shooters together if possible.

I lean towards this also.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:52 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

I lean towards this also.

I'm close to agreeing but Lopez either needs to gets his (bleep) together or truly only play spot minutes. We will be trading out a needed 3 point threat in Kuzma so one of the two kinda need to pick up the slack. Thankfully KCP is up to 35% now
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:24 am    Post subject:

If Nance is healthy and productive, Randle is the guy who gets traded.

Of course, if the Lakers get the 2 max FA in 18, Nance is likely gone the following season (if Kuz continues to develop).
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:46 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:

Of course, if the Lakers get the 2 max FA in 18, Nance is likely gone the following season (if Kuz continues to develop).

The problem with Nance is that he can't seem to match up with centers, even in small ball lineups, so he's randle at the four, without the benefits of randle as bith a five, and as a defensive switch monster. His contract is his chief value when comparing the two, but you have to play him with a five who can shoot.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:59 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:

The problem with Nance is that he can't seem to match up with centers, even in small ball lineups, so he's randle at the four, without the benefits of randle as bith a five, and as a defensive switch monster. His contract is his chief value when comparing the two, but you have to play him with a five who can shoot.

ASSUMING you get Lebron and he plays the 4, LNJ is on the 2nd unit.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:01 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:

Where do you have Kuzma?
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:08 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:

Where do you have Kuzma?

Same place, which why I also said (in an earlier post) that we'd likely lose Nance the season after we lost Randle. Kuz will be the 6th man/heir to LBJ at PF.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:19 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:

Where do you have Kuzma?

Same place, which why I also said (in an earlier post) that we'd likely lose Nance the season after we lost Randle. Kuz will be the 6th man/heir to LBJ at PF.

So Kuzma and Nance split the minutes behind lbj?
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:39 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:

Where do you have Kuzma?

So Kuzma and Nance split the minutes behind lbj?

Ultimately, just Kuz - I don't think either can play significant minutes at the 3. My hope was that Nance would be a middle class man's version of AK-47, but he's not quite versatile enough offensively.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4
Jump to: