Manute Bol 40 year old in college?

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
adkindo
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 16 Jun 2005
Posts: 15823
Location: Dirty South

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:24 am    Post subject: Manute Bol 40 year old in college?

Manute Bol's birthday was allegedly made up, and he might've played at age 50

Quote:
The college basketball coach who brought Bol to the United States in the mid-1980s ó now a scout for the Indiana Pacers ó told zagsblog.comís Adam Zagoria that he made up the 7-foot-7 centerís widely recognized birthday, October, 16, 1962, soon after flying him into the country for a recruiting visit.


LINK
_________________
"Lonzo Ball is the headline, Kyle Kuzma is the STORY!" Jalen Rose
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 8564
Location: DMV

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:49 am    Post subject: Re: Manute Bol 40 year old in college?

adkindo wrote:
Manute Bol's birthday was allegedly made up, and he might've played at age 50

Quote:
The college basketball coach who brought Bol to the United States in the mid-1980s ó now a scout for the Indiana Pacers ó told zagsblog.comís Adam Zagoria that he made up the 7-foot-7 centerís widely recognized birthday, October, 16, 1962, soon after flying him into the country for a recruiting visit.


LINK

This seems extreme. I wouldn't be shocked if he was 5-10 years older than what was listed, so when he retired at age 32 he would've actually been 37-40. But there's no way he was getting NBA minutes and producing in his 40s.

Fascinating player and an impressive humanitarian, though, and hopefully his talented son can expand on his legacy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
TDRock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 11292
Location: LA to the Bay

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Manute Bol 40 year old in college?

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Manute Bol's birthday was allegedly made up, and he might've played at age 50

Quote:
The college basketball coach who brought Bol to the United States in the mid-1980s ó now a scout for the Indiana Pacers ó told zagsblog.comís Adam Zagoria that he made up the 7-foot-7 centerís widely recognized birthday, October, 16, 1962, soon after flying him into the country for a recruiting visit.


LINK

This seems extreme. I wouldn't be shocked if he was 5-10 years older than what was listed, so when he retired at age 32 he would've actually been 37-40. But there's no way he was getting NBA minutes and producing in his 40s.

Fascinating player and an impressive humanitarian, though, and hopefully his talented son can expand on his legacy.


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
adkindo
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 16 Jun 2005
Posts: 15823
Location: Dirty South

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Manute Bol 40 year old in college?

TDRock wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Manute Bol's birthday was allegedly made up, and he might've played at age 50

Quote:
The college basketball coach who brought Bol to the United States in the mid-1980s ó now a scout for the Indiana Pacers ó told zagsblog.comís Adam Zagoria that he made up the 7-foot-7 centerís widely recognized birthday, October, 16, 1962, soon after flying him into the country for a recruiting visit.


LINK

This seems extreme. I wouldn't be shocked if he was 5-10 years older than what was listed, so when he retired at age 32 he would've actually been 37-40. But there's no way he was getting NBA minutes and producing in his 40s.

Fascinating player and an impressive humanitarian, though, and hopefully his talented son can expand on his legacy.




but what if it is true....guy would have been playing in the NBA in his 50's! Makes Tom Brady look weak.
_________________
"Lonzo Ball is the headline, Kyle Kuzma is the STORY!" Jalen Rose
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2010 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB