The Avengers: Infinity War (April 2018) - Trailer
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
johnson83
Rookie
Rookie


Joined: 03 Jan 2018
Posts: 4

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:28 am    Post subject:

very awesome!
loslakersss wrote:
It is here and it is glorious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwievZ1Tx-8king168
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 17 Dec 2002
Posts: 5163
Location: L.A.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:25 pm    Post subject:

Incredible.

Sooooo... whos going to get killed?

My money's on Cap and Loki.
Nebula and maybe Vision.

I also think Stark is done after this one or part 4.
_________________
"Be the person you needed when you were younger..."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jonnybravo
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 21 Sep 2007
Posts: 23839

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:23 pm    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
Incredible.

Sooooo... whos going to get killed?

My money's on Cap and Loki.
Nebula and maybe Vision.

I also think Stark is done after this one or part 4.


Was it already established a few characters will die? Tom Hiddleston's Loki is the best thing about MCU. Love him.
_________________
All Aboard the Paul George 2018 Train. CHOO CHOO!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 13 Apr 2001
Posts: 11147
Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:26 pm    Post subject:

It’s gotta happen some time but Stark and Cap are the most compelling Avengers, IMO so that would be a HUGE leap of faith. Am I right that they’re eventual replacements are War Machine (yawn) and Falcon (better but not to the Evans level)?
_________________
Maginka doing work
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jonnybravo
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 21 Sep 2007
Posts: 23839

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:40 pm    Post subject:

I keep rewatching the bits with Wakanda. Seeing the Wakandans charge into battle gets me so friggin' pumped.
_________________
All Aboard the Paul George 2018 Train. CHOO CHOO!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 13 Apr 2001
Posts: 11147
Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:55 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
I keep rewatching the bits with Wakanda. Seeing the Wakandans charge into battle gets me so friggin' pumped.


The Wakandan guards were, by far, the most compelling combatants in BP for me. That scene where they went toe to toe with Killmonger was just stunning visually. Really made the remainder of battle scenes in the film seem a little drab. Really looking forward to them doing work in IW.
_________________
Maginka doing work
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 27 Jul 2004
Posts: 14630
Location: Los Angeles, CA

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:53 am    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
Incredible.

Sooooo... whos going to get killed?

My money's on Cap and Loki.
Nebula and maybe Vision.

I also think Stark is done after this one or part 4.


I really hope it's not Cap. Of all the MCU films, his are the only ones that has had consistently good sequels IMO. Johnston's First Avenger movie was really good but pairing Evans with the Russo brothers took it to a whole new level.

I'd like to see them complete a trilogy before retiring the character. A political thriller where they can weave in the Death of Captain America story would be interesting. From his look in the Infinity War trailers, I don't want to see them kill him off without his iconic uniform and shield.
_________________
"Suck it up. Don't be a baby. Do your job." - Kobe Bryant
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 17 Dec 2002
Posts: 5163
Location: L.A.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:18 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:
Incredible.

Sooooo... whos going to get killed?

My money's on Cap and Loki.
Nebula and maybe Vision.

I also think Stark is done after this one or part 4.


I really hope it's not Cap. Of all the MCU films, his are the only ones that has had consistently good sequels IMO. Johnston's First Avenger movie was really good but pairing Evans with the Russo brothers took it to a whole new level.

I'd like to see them complete a trilogy before retiring the character. A political thriller where they can weave in the Death of Captain America story would be interesting. From his look in the Infinity War trailers, I don't want to see them kill him off without his iconic uniform and shield.


I agree. Those sequels were awesome and probably my favorite of the Marvel films along with the first Iron Man and GotG. But I think it's going to have to be one of he big guns that bite it. They had a chance to kill Rhodey in Civil War and didn't. It's time for some deaths and they need to stick this time. I think Evans is great as Cap, but his character dying makes the most sense to me.
_________________
"Be the person you needed when you were younger..."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
loslakersss
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 31 Dec 2008
Posts: 8103
Location: LA

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:47 am    Post subject:

Kevin Feige says any deaths in IF are permanent; they're not bringing anyone back to life.
_________________
LAKERS-DODGERS-BUCCANEERS-KINGS-GALAXY-TROJANS
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
dvdrdiscs
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Oct 2004
Posts: 6189

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:08 am    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:
Incredible.

Sooooo... whos going to get killed?

My money's on Cap and Loki.
Nebula and maybe Vision.

I also think Stark is done after this one or part 4.


I really hope it's not Cap. Of all the MCU films, his are the only ones that has had consistently good sequels IMO. Johnston's First Avenger movie was really good but pairing Evans with the Russo brothers took it to a whole new level.

I'd like to see them complete a trilogy before retiring the character. A political thriller where they can weave in the Death of Captain America story would be interesting. From his look in the Infinity War trailers, I don't want to see them kill him off without his iconic uniform and shield.


I agree. Those sequels were awesome and probably my favorite of the Marvel films along with the first Iron Man and GotG. But I think it's going to have to be one of he big guns that bite it. They had a chance to kill Rhodey in Civil War and didn't. It's time for some deaths and they need to stick this time. I think Evans is great as Cap, but his character dying makes the most sense to me.




Toss in Iron Man as well. His salary is getting out of hand and his last few Iron Man movies were meh. There's no need to keep him around.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChickenBeckerman
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 08 Jul 2012
Posts: 1775

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:12 am    Post subject:

I wonder how much all these deaths of beloved heros will effect the rewatch revenue that all these films generate.

I mean, will people really pay again to watch Cap, Stark, Thor and Spiderman get killed on Screen?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 27 Jul 2004
Posts: 14630
Location: Los Angeles, CA

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:41 am    Post subject:

dvdrdiscs wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:
Incredible.

Sooooo... whos going to get killed?

My money's on Cap and Loki.
Nebula and maybe Vision.

I also think Stark is done after this one or part 4.


I really hope it's not Cap. Of all the MCU films, his are the only ones that has had consistently good sequels IMO. Johnston's First Avenger movie was really good but pairing Evans with the Russo brothers took it to a whole new level.

I'd like to see them complete a trilogy before retiring the character. A political thriller where they can weave in the Death of Captain America story would be interesting. From his look in the Infinity War trailers, I don't want to see them kill him off without his iconic uniform and shield.


I agree. Those sequels were awesome and probably my favorite of the Marvel films along with the first Iron Man and GotG. But I think it's going to have to be one of he big guns that bite it. They had a chance to kill Rhodey in Civil War and didn't. It's time for some deaths and they need to stick this time. I think Evans is great as Cap, but his character dying makes the most sense to me.



Toss in Iron Man as well. His salary is getting out of hand and his last few Iron Man movies were meh. There's no need to keep him around.


I'd prefer Iron Man but I'm obviously biased. Hate to be disloyal to RDJ whose performance in the first movie made the rest of the MCU possible but his Tony Stark act has worn thin on me.

It wouldn't be easy to replace his dynamic as an actor but it would give the other actors room to grow as RDJ's parts are often among the biggest in every movie. His character often bullies the other Avengers except for Cap. I mentioned it in earlier post but I enjoyed that clip with RDJ and Chris Pratt who looks like he can hold his own as an actor.
_________________
"Suck it up. Don't be a baby. Do your job." - Kobe Bryant
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
xxsicrokerxx
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Dec 2011
Posts: 1930

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:18 pm    Post subject:

I only liked the first avengers movie, the rest have been meh, I am excited for this one.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 09 Jul 2010
Posts: 4709
Location: Orange County

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:38 pm    Post subject:

I think Captain Marvel will make a cameo in this movie at the end or post credit scenes.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ElginBaylor
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 05 Nov 2005
Posts: 9117
Location: Hoosier Nation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:29 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
dvdrdiscs wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:
Incredible.

Sooooo... whos going to get killed?

My money's on Cap and Loki.
Nebula and maybe Vision.

I also think Stark is done after this one or part 4.


I really hope it's not Cap. Of all the MCU films, his are the only ones that has had consistently good sequels IMO. Johnston's First Avenger movie was really good but pairing Evans with the Russo brothers took it to a whole new level.

I'd like to see them complete a trilogy before retiring the character. A political thriller where they can weave in the Death of Captain America story would be interesting. From his look in the Infinity War trailers, I don't want to see them kill him off without his iconic uniform and shield.


I agree. Those sequels were awesome and probably my favorite of the Marvel films along with the first Iron Man and GotG. But I think it's going to have to be one of he big guns that bite it. They had a chance to kill Rhodey in Civil War and didn't. It's time for some deaths and they need to stick this time. I think Evans is great as Cap, but his character dying makes the most sense to me.



Toss in Iron Man as well. His salary is getting out of hand and his last few Iron Man movies were meh. There's no need to keep him around.


I'd prefer Iron Man but I'm obviously biased. Hate to be disloyal to RDJ whose performance in the first movie made the rest of the MCU possible but his Tony Stark act has worn thin on me.

It wouldn't be easy to replace his dynamic as an actor but it would give the other actors room to grow as RDJ's parts are often among the biggest in every movie. His character often bullies the other Avengers except for Cap. I mentioned it in earlier post but I enjoyed that clip with RDJ and Chris Pratt who looks like he can hold his own as an actor.


Article on Nerdist today says Chris Evans is signed for Avengers 4 then he's done so it looks like he won't bite it yet but probably will in the next one.
_________________
Not the real Elgin Baylor
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 20 Jul 2005
Posts: 20510
Location: UCLA -> NY

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:47 am    Post subject:

ElginBaylor wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
dvdrdiscs wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:
Incredible.

Sooooo... whos going to get killed?

My money's on Cap and Loki.
Nebula and maybe Vision.

I also think Stark is done after this one or part 4.


I really hope it's not Cap. Of all the MCU films, his are the only ones that has had consistently good sequels IMO. Johnston's First Avenger movie was really good but pairing Evans with the Russo brothers took it to a whole new level.

I'd like to see them complete a trilogy before retiring the character. A political thriller where they can weave in the Death of Captain America story would be interesting. From his look in the Infinity War trailers, I don't want to see them kill him off without his iconic uniform and shield.


I agree. Those sequels were awesome and probably my favorite of the Marvel films along with the first Iron Man and GotG. But I think it's going to have to be one of he big guns that bite it. They had a chance to kill Rhodey in Civil War and didn't. It's time for some deaths and they need to stick this time. I think Evans is great as Cap, but his character dying makes the most sense to me.



Toss in Iron Man as well. His salary is getting out of hand and his last few Iron Man movies were meh. There's no need to keep him around.


I'd prefer Iron Man but I'm obviously biased. Hate to be disloyal to RDJ whose performance in the first movie made the rest of the MCU possible but his Tony Stark act has worn thin on me.

It wouldn't be easy to replace his dynamic as an actor but it would give the other actors room to grow as RDJ's parts are often among the biggest in every movie. His character often bullies the other Avengers except for Cap. I mentioned it in earlier post but I enjoyed that clip with RDJ and Chris Pratt who looks like he can hold his own as an actor.


Article on Nerdist today says Chris Evans is signed for Avengers 4 then he's done so it looks like he won't bite it yet but probably will in the next one.


Sucks that he wants to move on to other things. Honestly I thought Caps time in WWII was too brief so a future film could do a bit of a flashback.
_________________
http://media.giphy.com/media/zNyBPu5hEFpu/giphy.gif
http://bartsblackboard.com/files/2009/11/The-Simpsons-05x18-Burns-Heir.jpg

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 27 Jul 2004
Posts: 14630
Location: Los Angeles, CA

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:40 pm    Post subject:

xxsicrokerxx wrote:
I only liked the first avengers movie, the rest have been meh, I am excited for this one.


Civil War was the best Avengers movie. Hoping the Russos didn't go overboard with the hordes of CGI minions like Whedon bu it's gotta be tough to find action scenes for such a large cast and only one major villain to fight.

Hope we see another Avengers movie like Civil War where they're fighting another team of villains or heroes rather than a single world destroyer. I thought the Russo's really pulled that off well in Civil War.

It's a shame about Evans leaving MCU but if they can get back their movie rights owned by Fox and continue doing joint projects with Sony, they'll be in good shape to keep this superhero genre going.
_________________
"Suck it up. Don't be a baby. Do your job." - Kobe Bryant
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
loslakersss
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 31 Dec 2008
Posts: 8103
Location: LA

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:52 pm    Post subject:

It was inevitable for RDJ and Evans to leave. Although I think RDJ enjoys it more (the $50M checks help) so he may stick around if they want him to; I think Feige is planning a soft reboot after A4 though.

Spidey/Strange/Cap Marvel/Black Panther are a great group to move forward with though. And they still have Bucky to take up Cap's mantle (or Falcon).

I also see Fantastic Four coming over soon. Im hopeful for X-Men too but I don't there could be much crossover with them considering how huge the X-Men "universe" is on its own.
_________________
LAKERS-DODGERS-BUCCANEERS-KINGS-GALAXY-TROJANS
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 17 Dec 2002
Posts: 5163
Location: L.A.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:34 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
xxsicrokerxx wrote:
I only liked the first avengers movie, the rest have been meh, I am excited for this one.


Civil War was the best Avengers movie. Hoping the Russos didn't go overboard with the hordes of CGI minions like Whedon bu it's gotta be tough to find action scenes for such a large cast and only one major villain to fight.

Hope we see another Avengers movie like Civil War where they're fighting another team of villains or heroes rather than a single world destroyer. I thought the Russo's really pulled that off well in Civil War.

It's a shame about Evans leaving MCU but if they can get back their movie rights owned by Fox and continue doing joint projects with Sony, they'll be in good shape to keep this superhero genre going.


It's not just Thanos they're fighting. There will of course be the standard minions. Thanos also has his ”Black Order”. 4 pretty formidable foes... One is seen using some psychic daggers to torture Doc Strange in the latest trailer.
_________________
"Be the person you needed when you were younger..."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChickenBeckerman
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 08 Jul 2012
Posts: 1775

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:56 pm    Post subject:

^same magic daggers that Kaecilius and Baron Mordo were using.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 17 Jun 2003
Posts: 4775
Location: Central Coast

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:12 am    Post subject:

Saw Black Panther finally about 2 weeks ago, and re-watched Civil War over the weekend. I'd say Vision is a sure goner, when Thanos comes to take his infinity stone. War Machine, Falcon, look like cannon fodder. I think too that Loki dies, probably giving himself up as a sacrifice. I think by the end of the second Infinity War movie, Iron Man (Iron man too, may want a glorious sacrifice ending) , Captain America, and Thor retire into the sunset.
_________________
If you don't like the Lakers in re-build mode, I suggest you take your whiny skinny butt to the Clippers bandwagon.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Dec 2015
Posts: 3221
Location: So what's the uh...topic of discussion?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:04 pm    Post subject:

Disney dialogue predicted:

https://i.imgur.com/YZZ1vdc.jpg
_________________
"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers."
http://forums.lakersground.net/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=13018
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 22 Nov 2004
Posts: 25604

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:09 am    Post subject:

I loved how the Russo Bros. handled the 2 Captain America movies ... but I am skeptical with this one... one of the things that made the first 2 Avengers movies worked was the witty dialogue/fun banter...

the Russos tend to be a bit serious..
_________________
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChickenBeckerman
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 08 Jul 2012
Posts: 1775

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:35 am    Post subject:

^i dunno. somehow i don't think jokes would go well with cap, spidey, iron man and whomever else getting killed.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 17 Dec 2002
Posts: 5163
Location: L.A.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:46 pm    Post subject:

You can have a serious tone and still be humorous and fun. Winter Soldier and Civil War were two of the best Marvel films to date, imo.

Black Panther helped erase some of the OVERLY humorous stuff we got from GotG 2 and Ragnarok. There were times during those 2 movies it felt like the movie was targeting 5 year olds. Just silly borderline slapstick comedy.

I know it's a COMIC BOOK movie... but you don't have to overdo it with the silliness.
_________________
"Be the person you needed when you were younger..."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2010 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB