Practice shooters for the Lakers

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tony
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:38 pm    Post subject: Practice shooters for the Lakers

Some that come to mind are Anthony Brown, Ryan Kelly, Jodie Meeks, Adam Morrison, Sasha Vujacic, etc.

Edit: Probably can add Ingram to this list too

I'm sure everyone remembers Kobe saying that Adam Morrison was a knockdown shooter during practice or "The Machine" being lightsout. However, come game time they would just throw up brick after brick.

Definitely makes me think of Lonzo. Watching videos of him shooting around during practice and draining them you just think that even with that broken shot, he should be able to hit it at somewhat of a respectable percentage.

The most frustrating thing about this is he really reminds me of that guy you play pickup ball with that shoots around in between games and knocks down everything. You think he's going to be an asset for your team so you ask him to run with you, but come game-time he's extremely passive or he clanks everything.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Practice shooters for the Lakers

tony wrote:
Some that come to mind are Anthony Brown, Ryan Kelly, Jodie Meeks, Adam Morrison, Sasha Vujacic, etc.

Edit: Probably can add Ingram to this list too

I'm sure everyone remembers Kobe saying that Adam Morrison was a knockdown shooter during practice or "The Machine" being lightsout. However, come game time they would just throw up brick after brick.

Definitely makes me think of Lonzo. Watching videos of him shooting around during practice and draining them you just think that even with that broken shot, he should be able to hit it at somewhat of a respectable percentage.

The most frustrating thing about this is he really reminds me of that guy you play pickup ball with that shoots around in between games and knocks down everything. You think he's going to be an asset for your team so you ask him to run with you, but come game-time he's extremely passive or he clanks everything.
take meeks off the list. he would hit in games. take morrison off the list. his entire game was mentally gone by the time he became a laker. so that leaves A Brown, Rkelly, and the machine as practice shooters.

The only problem with putting Zo into this group is that he actually use to hit those shots during games in high school and in college. all of a sudden he turned into a supreme brick layer. I have never seen anything like it.

but the fact he hits them in practice still but not in games. tells me its a 100% mental thing.

it could also be a practice thing. where the nba game is faster and more intense. You have to do your best to duplicate some of that environment while shooting around. If you dont. you wont understand how much your adrenaline is pumping, how fast you're moving, how fast the defense is coming at you, etc. You can find yourself moving faster than you normally do in practice, which will cause you to float on your jumpers vs coming to a complete stop then pulling up. its like practicing FT's in practice. you're just standing there shooting a bunch. you didnt just get an And 1 where some guy fouled the crap out of you. and now you're super hyped up. and have to calm yourself in order to make the Free throw.

You have to simulate those scenarios. Do a few full court sprints back and forth, or just play a few back and forth sets. then hit the ft line while you're heart is beating at a faster pace. make those then go back to playing or running(real running.)
ZenMaster4President
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:44 pm    Post subject:

A person getting cold off the bench in game 7 of the NBA Finals AGAINST the CELTICS to shoot AND MAKE 2 free throws that ice the title should NEVER be on any list of this kind.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:53 pm    Post subject:

Most NBA players make a majority of their 3's in the types of scenarios that you see the media post.
818fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:59 pm    Post subject:

Jason Kapono
ThreePointBomber
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:51 pm    Post subject:

Years later, and people still bring up Sasha.

ZenMaster4President wrote:
A person getting cold off the bench in game 7 of the NBA Finals AGAINST the CELTICS to shoot AND MAKE 2 free throws that ice the title should NEVER be on any list of this kind.

My man.
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:13 pm    Post subject:

VujacicForThree wrote:
Years later, and people still bring up Sasha.

ZenMaster4President wrote:

My man.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: