The Purple Jerseys.... at home...... NO!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tgi_friyay
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:40 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
BizLA wrote:
tox wrote:
TAKAHIRO wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
TAKAHIRO wrote:
forget the all-star jerseys im sick and tired that nike changed our shade of gold!!! WHAT THE EFFF! you look into the crowd and one guy has our normal gold then the other has this season crap and you can see the clear difference. Yet tim harris doesn't see anything wrong with it GTFO

fwiw...

“We started hearing early on that the gold looked too yellow,” said Tim Harris, the Lakers president of business operations and chief operating officer.

It was considered serious enough that the Lakers took the question to Nike, which determined the shade was identical to what the franchise wore in the early 2000s. Lakers gear had gradually taken on a more golden hue under Adidas, Harris said.

https://www.ocregister.com/2017/11/24/when-it-comes-to-lakers-uniforms-what-is-the-purple-and-gold-without-the-purple-its-coming/

that's what's insane to me. We've worn the same gold for decades nike is full of (bleep). And tim harris has been with the lakers since the 90's so i'm dumbfounded. its really annoying

http://images.performgroup.com/di/library/sporting_news/c4/c3/split-magic-johnson-kobe-bryant-052416-getty-ftrjpg_1a5nm9yg6jh0j1rtmpstb37rci.jpg?t=-474345628

Yeah we're like purple and banana yellow now, instead of purple and gold. Disgusting.

I like them. Nike > Adidas

Adidas logo is ugly and overall inferior to Nike when it comes to clothing and shoes.

Russian bot.

wat.

Adidas is sacred to Russian youths. If you're caught wearing Nike over there you're basically considered a spy
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:41 pm    Post subject:

And we keep using gold jerseys on the road.

Nike changed our colours from purple and gold to grape and banana.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:45 pm    Post subject:

no reason not to wear purple tonight
cyborgspider
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:54 pm    Post subject:

they're winless in the purples, so I guess that's one thing to be half-glass-full.
AncientMariner
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:19 pm    Post subject:

If I'm not mistaken I think this is a league wide thing (wearing darks at home, whites on the road). I've noticed it a lot with other teams too.
Vadorojo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:34 pm    Post subject:

I miss the purple jerseys so much, that while it's weird to see them at home, I'm just grateful to see them at all.

Last edited by Vadorojo on Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:10 am; edited 1 time in total
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:51 pm    Post subject:

Vadorojo wrote:
I miss the purple jerseys so much, that while it's weird to seem them at home, I'm just grateful to see them at all.

I have no doubt Nike has heard all the complaints leaguewide, especially from the fans of the FEW truly flagship franchises the NBA has. They've gotta change this crap next year so that teams aren't wearing one uni 75% of the time. I doubt they envisioned how this would go down when the ninnies in the board room came up with this bright idea of arbitrarily assigning names to colorways. Last night, I think Stuart actually AGREED!!1........ with Billy Mac re: it being tiresome wearing the golds all year (Billy even called them "yellow-golds"). Btw, Heat have a standard yellow in their mix and our jerseys blended in with that colour code very well. Tell me our shh is gold, Nike/Lakerorg, I dare ya. The unis match their floor better they do our own.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:03 pm    Post subject:

Wow - Stu and Bill really said those things?

I like them more now
SDLakersFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:32 pm    Post subject:

The jerseys across the league suck this season! Who the eff is designing these? The orange Jazz, the gray Cavs, the limegreen Wolves, the gray Thunder. Gross
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:07 am    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
Vadorojo wrote:
I miss the purple jerseys so much, that while it's weird to seem them at home, I'm just grateful to see them at all.

I have no doubt Nike has heard all the complaints leaguewide, especially from the fans of the FEW truly flagship franchises the NBA has. They've gotta change this crap next year so that teams aren't wearing one uni 75% of the time. I doubt they envisioned how this would go down when the ninnies in the board room came up with this bright idea of arbitrarily assigning names to colorways. Last night, I think Stuart actually AGREED!!1........ with Billy Mac re: it being tiresome wearing the golds all year (Billy even called them "yellow-golds"). Btw, Heat have a standard yellow in their mix and our jerseys blended in with that colour code very well. Tell me our shh is gold, Nike/Lakerorg, I dare ya. The unis match their floor better they do our own.

Wow. I'm glad that Bill and Stu are talking about it.
This is pure (bleep). Just go back to the traditional home/away jerseys.
44TheLogo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:34 am    Post subject:

in general, i think nike's just gotten too big for itself and are washed as a company. no quality control on their design and they haven't been at the forefront of innovation in a long time. they really lost out on the pureboost tech.

then they try to sell us that the gold is the same when it's definitively not -
https://imgur.com/9VzFoH0

adidas basketball shoes are better than nikes now. if you are saying otherwise i would strongly encourage you to try the new adidas shoes. i used to be a nike guy - played my high school games in huaraches, college intramurals in kobe 4s and then kobe xs. now i wear adidas crazy explosives and they're the best shoe i've ever played in.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:37 am    Post subject:

it's not gold it's banana
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:37 am    Post subject:

this is bananas
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5
Jump to: