The Purple Jerseys.... at home...... NO!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:55 am    Post subject:

ALSO, the new stitch near the shoulders that surrounds the arm socket interferes with the rear aesthetics of almost every jersey in the NBA, especially classic jerseys with the band around the arm opening like the Celtics or that black Kobe one above.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:03 pm    Post subject: Re: The Purple Jerseys.... at home...... NO!

Harlemlakerfan wrote:
I've been a laker fan for over 30 years. I live in NY so I don't get a chance to see my team as much in person. I've been to several Knicks and Nets games vs the Lakers. I was even at Kobe 61 point game at the Garden and I was also at Pau Gasol's first game as a Laker, versus the Nets. But my dream, is to come to LA and see a Lakers game at Staples. I want to see statues outside, the banners inside and maybe get a glimpse of Jack. But most of all, I want to see the Gold Jerseys in person. That is like, the most traditional Laker asset.

So now Nike has come along and ripped tradition away from us. I would be pissed off if/when I come to Staples to see a game and the team decides to wear the purple jerseys, which I love, but I see them every time I go to a game. I also don't want to head to game in NY, walk in and my first experience with the Gold Jersey's are in MSG or Barklay's Center! THAT IS NOT LAKER TRADITION!

I really hope that the NBA or the Lakers themselves change this. In a small way, its ruining the Laker fan experience.

Last night, Puple Jersey, Staples Center Lakers floor..... WRONG, on so many levels!

Hope you're not going to the game tonight

Quote:
Los Angeles Lakers‏Verified account
@Lakers
2m2 minutes ago
More
Icons at MSG #NIKExNBA

📰: http://on.nba.com/2ytKfKZ #LakeShow

https://twitter.com/Lakers/status/940702816716300288
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:06 pm    Post subject:

Nike has ruined the NBA
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:17 pm    Post subject:

RIP Lakers
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:18 pm    Post subject:

Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
RIP Lakers

pretty much
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:55 pm    Post subject: Re: The Purple Jerseys.... at home...... NO!

22 wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:
I've been a laker fan for over 30 years. I live in NY so I don't get a chance to see my team as much in person. I've been to several Knicks and Nets games vs the Lakers. I was even at Kobe 61 point game at the Garden and I was also at Pau Gasol's first game as a Laker, versus the Nets. But my dream, is to come to LA and see a Lakers game at Staples. I want to see statues outside, the banners inside and maybe get a glimpse of Jack. But most of all, I want to see the Gold Jerseys in person. That is like, the most traditional Laker asset.

So now Nike has come along and ripped tradition away from us. I would be pissed off if/when I come to Staples to see a game and the team decides to wear the purple jerseys, which I love, but I see them every time I go to a game. I also don't want to head to game in NY, walk in and my first experience with the Gold Jersey's are in MSG or Barklay's Center! THAT IS NOT LAKER TRADITION!

I really hope that the NBA or the Lakers themselves change this. In a small way, its ruining the Laker fan experience.

Last night, Puple Jersey, Staples Center Lakers floor..... WRONG, on so many levels!

Quote:
@Lakers
2m2 minutes ago
More
Icons at MSG #NIKExNBA

I decided not to go to the game tonight. My son preferred to see the Lakers play Brooklyn, to see Ball vs Russell. This jersey thing is really irritating me. The Golden Armour should never be worn outside of Staples Center! That's sacred!
TylersLakers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:23 pm    Post subject:

I thought we were allowed to wear Statement jerseys now. Isn't that a contrast to white? Did the Lakers only bring Gold on the road trip?

What a weird, weird thing.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:19 am    Post subject:

TylersLakers wrote:
I thought we were allowed to wear Statement jerseys now. Isn't that a contrast to white? Did the Lakers only bring Gold on the road trip?

What a weird, weird thing.

It's all about the dollars and cents - the Lakers twitter sent out an advertisement of sorts that harped on/emphasized the fact that we were wearing yellow at MSG. Tradition has gone out the window.
lakez34
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:06 pm    Post subject:

Home team also decides jersey color now. If they choose to wear a colored jersey (either because of jersey sales or simply because their home jersey is ugly and they know it), we're forced to wear an alternate color. I rather it gold than white. Though agreed with everybody else, the NBA giving in to the Nike jersey sales demands is the worst and I can't stand watching all these nontraditional looks on a daily basis. What a mess. Really expected more out of Nike as I always thought the Adidas jerseys were trash but they've managed to mess it up even more. Go figure.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:24 pm    Post subject:

plus their supply sucks

can't buy basically any legit replica 3 months into the season
Shaolin's Finest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:36 pm    Post subject:

These jerseys are an abomination. We all know about the ugly highlighter yellow, but the purple jersey is the wrong shade as well. Seriously Nike??? How can you (bleep) this up
lakez34
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:52 pm    Post subject:

In their defense I actually think the purple better resembles the color it used to be pre 2000.Maybe I'm mistaken.
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:42 am    Post subject:

lakez34 wrote:
We have a black one coming. City Edition. Kobe rumored to help design it.

Mockups (NOT the final jersey) here https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2017/11/19/16677176/la-lakers-jersey-nike-desing-city-mock-first-look.

Looks pretty cool. I like the snake scales. Straight Mamba influence.
Chick-N-Stew
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:59 am    Post subject:

Don't / didn't the Lakers have the distinction of being the only team to have a home uni that is not white based. Their gold homie was the only one.

Are other teams changing the homies to the roadie colors too?

Nike was the wrong choice by the NBA and NFL for the jerseys imo. The Rams throwback are also the wrong colors and the details are all wrong too.

How is it the powers that be can't do a better job of getting these things right considering the amount of jack they earn.

Blasphemy!
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:07 am    Post subject: Re: The Purple Jerseys.... at home...... NO!

Harlemlakerfan wrote:
22 wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:

Quote:
@Lakers
2m2 minutes ago
More
Icons at MSG #NIKExNBA

I decided not to go to the game tonight. My son preferred to see the Lakers play Brooklyn, to see Ball vs Russell. This jersey thing is really irritating me. The Golden Armour should never be worn outside of Staples Center! That's sacred!

hopefully they give yall the purple for that one!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:33 pm    Post subject:

NBA “City” jerseys appear to leak via NBA 2K18, and they’re real ugly (PHOTOS)
Dec 14, 2017, 9:30 PM EST

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2017/12/14/nba-city-jerseys-appear-to-leak-via-nba-2k18-and-theyre-real-ugly-photos/
giordan0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:28 pm    Post subject:

This neon Banana yellow color really irks me.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:38 pm    Post subject:

don't kill me guys but I kinda like the city jerseys

they're at least way better than the MPLS and the white jerseys - is that a fair compromise
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:02 pm    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:

they're at least way better than the MPLS and the white jerseys - is that a fair compromise

no
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:09 pm    Post subject:

Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:

no

playing hardball, I see
cyborgspider
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:29 pm    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:

I love them. Always wanted to see a black & gold, sans purple, I'm a millenial, so sue me.

City & statement are the best. Classic is fine, Association (white) is used too much. Icon is garbage and needs to be rectified by next season.
GOODRICH25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:22 am    Post subject: Re: The Purple Jerseys.... at home...... NO!

Harlemlakerfan wrote:
22 wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:

Quote:
@Lakers
2m2 minutes ago
More
Icons at MSG #NIKExNBA

thats why we replaced gold with the ugly yellow
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:09 pm    Post subject:

do we know what jerseys we're wearing on xmas yet?
cyborgspider
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:13 pm    Post subject:

Would've made a new thread if not for my meager post count, so don't mind me bumping this thread.

Five Game Road Trip: How many times will we see the Purples on the road?

My money is sadly on ZERO.

1. Bulls always wear red at home. Guaranteed Lakers banana.
2. Raptors on a Sunday... probably Lakers white. Unless Raps wear white, then banana it is.
3. Magic: tossup. They rotate blue, black, and whites.
4. Nets: Usually, if not always, wear black at home. Another day to rep Chiquita.
5. OKC: I'm sick of watching the Thunder thump us, so I probably won't even watch the game.

I wish a season-ticket holder at the next fan-greet can request this madness to end, or some vocal celebrity/big-wig to call the team out on this. It may not seem like a big deal but aesthetically and traditionally-speaking, it's disappointing.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:16 pm    Post subject:

City Editions for the Bulls game Friday...

http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-nike-the-city-edition-black-mamba-designed-kobe-bryant-games-wear/2017/12/27/
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5
Jump to: