Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:16 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
governator wrote:
adkindo wrote:
jodeke wrote:
adkindo wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
No one moves the needle in sports like Tiger Woods. No one. He had a frickin' army behind him on that 18th hole. What a spectacle.

they could have invaded a small nation

Made somebody's inaugural crowd look small in comparison.

maybe that is because their mission had already been successfully completed

Such a staunch supporter! Even in a golf thread! Jk man, but that crowd... y’all think it messed with the other players psyche?

I thought early on it was part reason Rory Mcilroy's game went south. I'd like to know how the matches viewer rating jumped. Bet it was off the charts. I've never witnessed a comeback interest like this.

America (and I assume most societies) loves to see their great champions/stars get knocked off their pedestal (especially when it appears they ascended with little resistance), and climb back up on that bad boy in the face of adversity.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:26 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
No one moves the needle in sports like Tiger Woods. No one. He had a frickin' army behind him on that 18th hole. What a spectacle.

I'm excited for his win and more excited that he is truly back as a contender on the tour. But I have to say I am not excited for the mess that is going to be next year's Genesis Open if he plays . . .
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:09 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

I'm excited for his win and more excited that he is truly back as a contender on the tour. But I have to say I am not excited for the mess that is going to be next year's Genesis Open if he plays . . .

If he plays do you think they will increase ticket prices? I'm almost positive there will be a increase of patrons.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:04 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

If he plays do you think they will increase ticket prices? I'm almost positive there will be a increase of patrons.

Um, yeah, that's my point.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:57 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

Um, yeah, that's my point.

What about the possible ticket price increase. Was that also in part what you meant?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:53 am    Post subject:

Well Tiger must be all the way back because just as in his prime, he is doing absolutely NOTHING for the US in the Ryder Cup.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:12 am    Post subject:

Tiger has never been a force in the Ryder Cup. I think he was chosen because of his recent charge in the PGA.

Omar Little

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:19 am    Post subject:

He was chosen because he attracts viewers.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:20 am    Post subject:

^^^^^ Makes sense.

ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:16 pm    Post subject:

Tiger deserves to be there as he is clearly one of the best players in the world right now. But I do wonder if he is simply spent. He's played a lot of golf in the past month, and we're talking about a guy with a fused back who is over 40. He rarely played a bunch of weeks in a row even when he was much younger. And it's also fair to point out that Patrick Reed was absolute dog sh*t over the past 2 days. I didn't see how DeChambeau played in the afternoon session, but I know that Reed was basically no help to Woods all weekend other than a chip-in that I saw.

Still, a 9-19-1 record in team matches in the Ryder Cup is absolutely brutal. It's but a tiny, tiny blip on his overall legacy as a golfer, but it's still something.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9
Jump to: