Devean's last game in the PnG?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
msb212
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:19 pm    Post subject: Devean's last game in the PnG?

It occurs to me that if a move of any kind is made between now and the deadline, it will almost certainly include Devean...which means that tonight will be Devean's last game as a Laker.

Though Devean has not always played with great bball IQ, his contributions to the team are significant, and I appreciate what he has given the lakers over the years.

So, if it indeed turns out to be Devean's last game as a Laker, just want to say thanks, and good luck!

methticaL
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:20 pm    Post subject:

kobekillinu2nite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:22 pm    Post subject:

Devean is solid and contributes every night. I hope he stays somehow...............
KA_2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:22 pm    Post subject:

Agreed, thanks and good luck Devean. Hopefully his ankle stays healthy whereever he goes, if he indeed is going anywhere.
madsen35
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:24 pm    Post subject:

He's my 2nd favorite Laker, right behind Kobe, so if he got traded, it would truly be sad.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Devean's last game in the PnG?

msb212 wrote:
It occurs to me that if a move of any kind is made between now and the deadline, it will almost certainly include Devean...which means that tonight will be Devean's last game as a Laker.

Though Devean has not always played with great bball IQ, his contributions to the team are significant, and I appreciate what he has given the lakers over the years.

So, if it indeed turns out to be Devean's last game as a Laker, just want to say thanks, and good luck!

Do you know something we don't?
Boognish
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:26 pm    Post subject:

we also play tuesday vs portland.
kells1220
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:28 pm    Post subject:

God speed Devean. Actually I want him to stay over Slava, Luke, Mckie, Sasha. He's probably my 4th favorite current Laker. He actually contributes.
Kobe Jocker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:30 pm    Post subject:

kobekillinu2nite wrote:
Devean is solid and contributes every night.

HUH?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Reply with quote
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:30 pm    Post subject:

It's way too early for this

A week from now, y'all be cussing Deaven out for botching a play in the game thread
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
msb212
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:31 pm    Post subject:

Boognish wrote:
we also play tuesday vs portland.

Oops! Sorry. Oh well.

And no, I don;t know anything - other thaqn that Devean is an expiring contract and a decent player, so if a move were to happen, it would almost certainly include him.
lakerMark
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:32 pm    Post subject:

I would hope Devean is only trade in a big move packaging him and Slava or Kwame for an impact player otherwise I would prefer a small move dumping Puke or Mckie or both our 2 worst players.
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:34 pm    Post subject:

If he gets moved, his contributions will always be appreciated. I can almost see him learning how to dribble if he does get moved...then again, I don't know if he will ever learn how to dribble.

Time for the Lakers to create a whole new legacy! We want 10 more trophies boys!
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

We could always use our MLE to re-sign him in the offseason.
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wolfpaclaker wrote:

A week from now, y'all be cussing Devean out for botching a play in the game thread

I can see it now...

"#(&%% GUMP WITH YET ANOTHER TURNOVER!!! GAH!!! WHY THIS SCREW UP GOT PAID 5+ MILLION DOLLARS IS BEYOND ME!!!"

then somebody INEVITABLY respond with:

"And just think, a guy like LO ALSO is overpaid at 10 million. I know he rebounds well, but those can be taken care of. Where is the impact? We should have offered more than just LO and change for Frye and Penny...oh well"

Stephon Marbury on Kobe: "He's the only person on 'dis earth that can do 'dat. He guards people, like shuts 'em down. Then, to do 'dat on 'da offensive end. It's like 'Damn, I can't score on him AND he about to bust my ass."
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
kobekillinu2nite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:35 pm    Post subject:

Kobe Jocker wrote:
kobekillinu2nite wrote:

HUH?

Yeah u heard me, you watch him, he goes after every rebound, hits his open shots, and is a good defender. Provides friggin hustle, which is devalued in the league.
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:35 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:

That seriously had me ROLLING.
Stephon Marbury on Kobe: "He's the only person on 'dis earth that can do 'dat. He guards people, like shuts 'em down. Then, to do 'dat on 'da offensive end. It's like 'Damn, I can't score on him AND he about to bust my ass."
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
PurpleHayz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:41 pm    Post subject:

At this point I would much rather us trade Kwame then George. I used to want Devean out of town badly, but he seems to have finally figured out his role on the team and has been playing great.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:41 pm    Post subject:

magic_bryant wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

A week from now, y'all be cussing Devean out for botching a play in the game thread

I can see it now...

"#(&%% GUMP WITH YET ANOTHER TURNOVER!!! GAH!!! WHY THIS SCREW UP GOT PAID 5+ MILLION DOLLARS IS BEYOND ME!!!"

then somebody INEVITABLY respond with:

"And just think, a guy like LO ALSO is overpaid at 10 million. I know he rebounds well, but those can be taken care of. Where is the impact? We should have offered more than just LO and change for Frye and Penny...oh well"

Tell me about it

If a trade doesn't happen (and 80% of the time it doesn't) the guys on this roster will be taking incredible beatings after the ASB.

Not that they're not getting bashed now - but it will be on a whole new level !!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
tony smith
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:42 pm    Post subject:

magic_bryant wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:

That seriously had me ROLLING.

he's too young and healthy for us to use our MLE on him. let's give him another five years, let that injued ankle really get worn down, and THEN we can sign him with our MLE.
- Sean -
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:52 pm    Post subject:

For some reason reading this thread reminded me of the end of "Back To The Future II"...Doc had just sent Marty back to 1985....was thrilled...celebrating in the streets....and then all of a sudden Marty is back...the look of disappointed disbelief on Docs face is the same look we'd all have if Devean ends up staying.
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:53 pm    Post subject:

sean2023 wrote:
For some reason reading this thread reminded me of the end of "Back To The Future II"...Doc had just sent Marty back to 1985....is thrilled...celebrating in the streets....and then all of a sudden Marty is back...the look of disappointed disbelief on Docs face is the same look we'd all have if Devean ends up staying.

YEP!!
Kobe Jocker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:53 pm    Post subject:

kobekillinu2nite wrote:
Kobe Jocker wrote:
kobekillinu2nite wrote:

HUH?

Yeah u heard me, you watch him, he goes after every rebound, hits his open shots, and is a good defender. Provides friggin hustle, which is devalued in the league.

I thought this thread was about Devean George???
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Reply with quote
kobekillinu2nite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:58 pm    Post subject:

Kobe Jocker wrote:
kobekillinu2nite wrote:
Kobe Jocker wrote:
kobekillinu2nite wrote:

HUH?

I thought this thread was about Devean George???

I'm done, I've always been a fan of what Devean brings to the table. Count me as Fan number 1 then, if ya'll hate him so much. We'll be missing a solid player off the bench, and I'll see threads, "Why don't we have a solid bench player, shoulda kept Devean!!"
PurpleHayz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:11 pm    Post subject:

Hey KobeKillin your location that you have listed is very low class imo... Respect a married woman bro...
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: