Hornets, Blazers, Nets interested in dealing for Jordan Clarkson?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:02 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
If you're trading Clarkson for a pick than do it to Cleveland.

Cleveland wants an actual big man and reportedly were willing to part with their Nets 1st for Deandre Jordan and to take Thompson's contract.

If THAT'S the case. Then we could probably package Lopez and Clarkson to Cleveland for Thompson and their 1st. Lopez, Clarkson and the Bulls 2nd for Shumpert, Thompson and the Nets pick should do it in THAT scenario.

The Cavs want a rebounder and rim protector. I can't see them wanting Lopez. In fact, I doubt they'd trade Thompson for him straight up.

If they're willing to trade Brooklyn's pick, and it's not clear to me they are, they'll be looking for more than Lopez and Clarkson. They'll be looking for a Demarcus Cousins or Jordan -- a guy who can protect the rim, block shots, and get double-digit rebounds.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:04 am    Post subject:

This FO will trade anyone if it means getting their two stars this summer. I'm not worried about capspace, if two max stars choose us it will happen. The question is when and what it will take to get them.

That's why I can honestly say that any player on the team right now isnt safe; people are questioning if these rumors are real but in my mind it not that big of a leap to think the lakers are talking trade with other teams.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:16 am    Post subject:

iimarshon wrote:
Of those 3 only Brooklyn makes sense.

Brooklyn could do Booker + Acy + Toronto's 2018 1st round pick

Charlotte doesnt have expiring contracts.

Blazers could send Ed Davis + Vonleh + pick but I dont think they'd want to trade those two.

Id love to keep JC, but I think he's easier to replace than Randle.

So if we can get expirings plus a 1st round pick, its probably worth it.

By having Clarkson on the roster, it would be difficult to impossible for the Nets to offer cap space to rent to other teams next summer. So they would be giving up the potential to rent cap space for multiple second round picks or even a first round pick.

Your trade has them sending the Milwaukee first round pick along with limiting the possibility of getting a first round pick in the future. I don't see Brooklyn making that trade as you suggested because they won't have a first round pick in the 2018 draft.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:41 am    Post subject:

Such a sad, sad state the lakers are in right now.

We're not playing our best players the minutes they should be playing for political bs. Randle's not starting because they don't want to keep him. They're trying to trade clarkson for cap space. All in the hope that with that cap space some all star will want to sign here. With a half depleted team and the most inconsistent young players in the league. That they even think they have a chance is ridiculous

The team is actively being sabotaged, and moves like these will only cause us to lose more games, in a season where we HAVE NO DRAFT PICK

It's hubris, and it's very sad.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:54 am    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
adkindo wrote:
^^^ I for one have never agreed with how they have handled Deng. He can still play basketball....as good as some of the players that get PT. Do not see the benefit of letting him rot on the inactive list most nights.

I have not seen anyone say this, but I suspect that there is an attitude issue.

I feel like the amount of time Brewer has gotten corroborates this. Deng is the superior player making far more money. LA wants neither on the roster next year but only one of them gets burn.

If Deng had the right attitude, he could play the "big brother"/"clubhouse leader" role on the team. But not everyone is cut out for that kind of role. Some guys sulk when they don't get to play a lot. There's nothing wrong with that, but Brewer may be embracing the role better than Deng.
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:58 pm    Post subject:

They’re talking about this on Mason/Ireland Show right now.
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:17 pm    Post subject:

I wonder if we could swap Jeremy Lamb and Clarkson somehow.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:20 pm    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:

Is this legit or is it some internet rumor. From what I can tell it is total BS.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:29 pm    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:

Did they confirm the rumor? As much as Ireland is a idiot, he does get info from the Lakers inner circles.
jg77
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:37 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:

Did they confirm the rumor? As much as Ireland is a idiot, he does get info from the Lakers inner circles.

I've noticed that if they usually ever mention anything then it most likely isn't true. The D'Angelo Russell trade came out of nowhere that's usually how most NBA trades happen.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:44 pm    Post subject:

jg77 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:

I've noticed that if they usually ever mention anything then it most likely isn't true. The D'Angelo Russell trade came out of nowhere that's usually how most NBA trades happen.

Some trades come out of no where and some are known until the trade happens, Clarkson isn’t a big name player so even if someone knows he’s getting traded it won’t fall apart because, well... Clarkson is a nobody especially when you talk with other NBA fans.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:45 pm    Post subject:

Wonder what the Nets would give us in return? Deng relief? 😂
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:04 pm    Post subject:

What's the rush? trade JC in the summer when you know what FA options are available and you still need his shooting for this year.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:10 pm    Post subject:

socalsp3 wrote:
What's the rush? trade JC in the summer when you know what FA options are available and you still need his shooting for this year.

We we don’t need him, if we can trade him for Belenelli or someone like Patty Mills, I would pack his bags and forget he was apart of our worse seasons in franchise history.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:20 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Just checked, it’s all pure speculation from a site called blastingnews. Inb4

"Hey, I've got a friend over here I'd like you to meet."

"Okay, great! Introduce us then, please."

*they walk over to the friend*

"Hey, Pot. This is a friend of mine I'd like you to meet; his name is Kettle."
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:25 pm    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:
MJST wrote:

Cleveland wants an actual big man and reportedly were willing to part with their Nets 1st for Deandre Jordan and to take Thompson's contract.

If THAT'S the case. Then we could probably package Lopez and Clarkson to Cleveland for Thompson and their 1st. Lopez, Clarkson and the Bulls 2nd for Shumpert, Thompson and the Nets pick should do it in THAT scenario.

Be honest, if you magically became the real-life GM of the Cavs, knowing what you know now and even more, would you pull the trigger on that deal?

Would this be a smart move for them, like at all? Even worse, could it be disastrous for them?

I know you mentioned that “reportedly” there was a trade rumor circulating. My advice is to not believe everything reported just because it is “reported”.

If I'm trying to keep LeBron around, yes. Because worst comes to worst I've freed up 17M in the off-season.

From the Cavs perspective, I'd ask the Lakers for this

Cavs get:
Jordan Clarkson
Brook Lopez
Bulls 2nd Round Pick

Lakers Get:
Tristan Thompson
Iman Shumpert
Nets 1st Round Pick

That way, I have freed up 17M of space in the off-season, I have an amazing backup point guard once Rose leaves in the off-season or such.

I also feel that doing this, you all but ensure the Cavs a finals berth as if they didn't have it already, but you added what the team is missing, AND a stronger backup ball handling guard who can also hit the three amiably and would be more reliable than Thomas(if not 100%) and Rose. So it allows things to be eased in better with Thomas, and it takes away their reliance on Rose, AND it gives them a rim protecting center that can stretch the floor, allow LeBron to drive, and is a solid rim protector.

So if I was the GM of the Cavs and I wanted to do something that I felt could all but ensure LeBron staying after this season then I'm trying to make the Cavs as best a chance at being a Championship team that has a chance against the Warriors as I can. Because if I just sit back and do nothing, then they will lose again and LeBron will likely leave to Philly or somewhere.

So if it meant losing the pick to make the team stronger in the aspects it misses while upgrading 2 positions and unloading Thompson and Shumpert's contract... yeah I'd do it. Better deal than just getting Deandre.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:29 pm    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
Such a sad, sad state the lakers are in right now.

We're not playing our best players the minutes they should be playing for political bs. Randle's not starting because they don't want to keep him. They're trying to trade clarkson for cap space. All in the hope that with that cap space some all star will want to sign here. With a half depleted team and the most inconsistent young players in the league. That they even think they have a chance is ridiculous

The team is actively being sabotaged, and moves like these will only cause us to lose more games, in a season where we HAVE NO DRAFT PICK

It's hubris, and it's very sad.

Welp Mitch's plan was to stop chasing big time free agents till our young core was ready and starting to win games consistently, and till then just stock the team with veterans and high character guys that can help along the way hopefully.

Like I've said. Mozgov and Deng were essentially the FO's way of saying "We're not players in free agency for another 3 or so seasons as our core develops." and admitting this, and depending full boar on our youth.

Jeanie however thought we're still gonna be players in free agency every year cause we're the Lakers, and as if her active sabotaging wasn't enough she let go of them in the MIDDLE of their 'unclear' direction.

She then brought in the guy(Magic) with no FO experience on this kind of level who was essentially a mascot who is spewing the same "We're gonna get FA's cause we're the Lakers!" crap that put us in this predicament in the first place.

Again, the Lakers FO stops a move that would have helped, and takes 2 steps backwards to one that doesn't.

It STARTS at the head, the fish rots from the head down, the head is Jeanie, and she has to go, before the Lakers do anything.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:31 pm    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
Lets not also forget you were the biggest proponent of the signings of Moz and Deng. How did the "VETERAN LEADERSHIP" work out for us.

We will never know, the current FO changed plans mid stream.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:34 pm    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
This FO will trade anyone if it means getting their two stars this summer. I'm not worried about capspace, if two max stars choose us it will happen. The question is when and what it will take to get them.

That's why I can honestly say that any player on the team right now isnt safe; people are questioning if these rumors are real but in my mind it not that big of a leap to think the lakers are talking trade with other teams.

But making trades won't mean we get two stars, just that we would have the cap space to do so. It would still require players to buy into a lottery-level team with young players who are 2-3 years away from being solid, consistent NBA players. It could happen, or might not.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:45 pm    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Just checked, it’s all pure speculation from a site called blastingnews. Inb4

"Hey, I've got a friend over here I'd like you to meet."

"Okay, great! Introduce us then, please."

*they walk over to the friend*

"Hey, Pot. This is a friend of mine I'd like you to meet; his name is Kettle."

There can be only one.

If not we'll have a 2.0 logjam like the Lakers have Power Forwards. 😂
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:47 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
Lets not also forget you were the biggest proponent of the signings of Moz and Deng. How did the "VETERAN LEADERSHIP" work out for us.

OGMAFBVLF!

Translation

Oh Give Me A (bleep) Break VLF! 😂
Daphanabe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:13 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
RI Laker wrote:

OGMAFBVLF!

Translation

Oh Give Me A (bleep) Break VLF! 😂

Seriously. His last 20k or so posts have been the same one note take. Gets pretty tiring after a while.
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:19 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:
MJST wrote:

Be honest, if you magically became the real-life GM of the Cavs, knowing what you know now and even more, would you pull the trigger on that deal?

Would this be a smart move for them, like at all? Even worse, could it be disastrous for them?

I know you mentioned that “reportedly” there was a trade rumor circulating. My advice is to not believe everything reported just because it is “reported”.

If I'm trying to keep LeBron around, yes. Because worst comes to worst I've freed up 17M in the off-season.

Cavs get:
Jordan Clarkson
Brook Lopez
Bulls 2nd Round Pick

Lakers Get:
Tristan Thompson
Iman Shumpert
Nets 1st Round Pick

That way, I have freed up 17M of space in the off-season, I have an amazing backup point guard once Rose leaves in the off-season or such.

I also feel that doing this, you all but ensure the Cavs a finals berth as if they didn't have it already, but you added what the team is missing, AND a stronger backup ball handling guard who can also hit the three amiably and would be more reliable than Thomas(if not 100%) and Rose. So it allows things to be eased in better with Thomas, and it takes away their reliance on Rose, AND it gives them a rim protecting center that can stretch the floor, allow LeBron to drive, and is a solid rim protector.

So if I was the GM of the Cavs and I wanted to do something that I felt could all but ensure LeBron staying after this season then I'm trying to make the Cavs as best a chance at being a Championship team that has a chance against the Warriors as I can. Because if I just sit back and do nothing, then they will lose again and LeBron will likely leave to Philly or somewhere.

So if it meant losing the pick to make the team stronger in the aspects it misses while upgrading 2 positions and unloading Thompson and Shumpert's contract... yeah I'd do it. Better deal than just getting Deandre.

No disrespect, but I’d fire you for punting an unprotected high draft pick for Lopez and Clarkson, two guys who won’t sway Bron’s decision one bit, and you know it.

This would be Billy King-level incompetence for the Cavs.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:35 pm    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:
MJST wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:
MJST wrote:

Cavs get:
Jordan Clarkson
Brook Lopez
Bulls 2nd Round Pick

Lakers Get:
Tristan Thompson
Iman Shumpert
Nets 1st Round Pick

No disrespect, but I’d fire you for punting an unprotected high draft pick for Lopez and Clarkson, two guys who won’t sway Bron’s decision one bit, and you know it.

This would be Billy King-level incompetence for the Cavs.

From what I have read on various pro Cleveland web sites, the Cavs (Gilbert) are going to be extremely reluctant to trade the Brooklyn pick without getting LeBron to commit to staying beyond this season.

LeBron wants to stay flexible and avoid having a promise to break if things don't work out for Cleveland even if they trade the Brooklyn pick. So LeBron is unlikely to commit/promise to being with Cleveland next season.

Based on rumors/reports about the Irving trade, Gilbert will probably be involved if the Brooklyn pick is put into play this season.

Rumor: Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert called shots on Kyrie Irving-Celtics trade

Quote:

Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert publicly said the Pacers “could have done better” in trading Paul George.

So, when it came to Cleveland trading its own star – Kyrie Irving, who requested out – Gilbert apparently took matters into his own hands.

Kevin O’Connor of The Ringer:
Quote:

"Koby Altman may be the latest person to call himself Cleveland Cavaliers general manager—the fourth in the last 12 years since Dan Gilbert bought the team—but multiple sources have told me that the Cavs owner was the one calling the shots on the trade that sent Irving to Boston, and he’s the one dealing with the fallout.

Multiple sources told me that Gilbert is operating under the assumption that LeBron will opt out of his contract next summer and leave Cleveland. So Gilbert and Altman targeted Irving trade packages that set up the franchise for the post-LeBron era."

44TheLogo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:36 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
adkindo wrote:
^^^ I for one have never agreed with how they have handled Deng. He can still play basketball....as good as some of the players that get PT. Do not see the benefit of letting him rot on the inactive list most nights.

I have not seen anyone say this, but I suspect that there is an attitude issue.

I feel like the amount of time Brewer has gotten corroborates this. Deng is the superior player making far more money. LA wants neither on the roster next year but only one of them gets burn.

If Deng had the right attitude, he could play the "big brother"/"clubhouse leader" role on the team. But not everyone is cut out for that kind of role. Some guys sulk when they don't get to play a lot. There's nothing wrong with that, but Brewer may be embracing the role better than Deng.

based on social media seems like all the young guys love deng.

deng paid for all of josh hart's friends and family's tickets when we played the wizards in DC.

i don't think he's being a poor locker room influence at all.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 4 of 21
Jump to: