LA, Cleveland Or...Philly? Comparing LeBron's Best 2018 Free-Agency Options
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:35 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
Then there is this-

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/248271/LeBron-James-Pays-$23M-For-2nd-Home-In-Los-Angeles

Why is he buying houses and looking at schools for his kids if he is not coming to LA? .

Million possibilities. For the record, Lebron said he was simply working out at the school. But he could have been checking it out in case he moves to LA. Or he could have a kid who wants to break into the entertainment industry so his family is going to live in LA during the season; some NBA players live apart from their families during the regular season since they travel so much anyway.

These people live complicated lives, so who knows? Lebron, being Lebron, I'm not sold that he has even made a decision on what he's going to do.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:30 am    Post subject:

Emp.. what do you think about this ?

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/248287/Rival-Execs-Give-Rockets-Legitimate-Chance-Of-Signing-LeBron-James
emplay
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:01 am    Post subject:

If players want to take less money they can sign anywhere
RoyalPurple8
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:10 am    Post subject:

Im going to the Cleve-La game on Thursday!!!
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:34 am    Post subject:

RoyalPurple8 wrote:

GOODRICH25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:05 pm    Post subject:

RoyalPurple8 wrote:

doing some recruiting eh?
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:06 pm    Post subject:

GOODRICH25 wrote:
RoyalPurple8 wrote:

Hopefully he's Rich Paul
statyin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:02 pm    Post subject:

TBH, no matter which team LBJ goes, they arent going to beat GSW.

Philly seems to have the best upside consider the promising youth they have. Nevertheless, it is the least possible location he will go. Both Ben Simmons and LBJ need the ball in their hands to thrive, and there is just one ball in the game. This is not going to work.

As for the LA, its clearly just a decision solely based on cash consideration. If he chooses LA, he is only making plans for his life after retirement, don't expect him to compete at the highest level like he does right now.

I would say he most likely will stay in Cleveland.
RoyalPurple8
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:40 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
GOODRICH25 wrote:
RoyalPurple8 wrote:

Hopefully he's Rich Paul

I must admit, I am a fan of Lebron, you have to respect greatness.

Kobe will probably always be my favorite player though, and I would take him to start any team.

Dont really want Lebron in LA either, too expensive, too much risk. Lebron would have to take a 5-10 million dollar paycut for me to want him in LA.

Cleveland is where Lebron should be.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:54 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/248287/Rival-Execs-Give-Rockets-Legitimate-Chance-Of-Signing-LeBron-James

Rockets are playing the best basketball in the league so it makes a lot of sense for him to be interested in that team. The Warriors definitely wouldn’t want that. It’s a much better big 3 than the one he had with himself, Irving and Love. Love never really looked that great in Cleveland.
Killakobe81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:33 pm    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Rockets are playing the best basketball in the league so it makes a lot of sense for him to be interested in that team. The Warriors definitely wouldn’t want that. It’s a much better big 3 than the one he had with himself, Irving and Love. Love never really looked that great in Cleveland.

You dont say no to LeBron if he wants to come ... and the Rox have been the best at pitching FA's the past 5-6 years. But if im the Rox I dont lose sleep if he doesnt come. They will get somone regardless.
Even as a Laker fan im okay if he stays in Cle...he is the best player in the game right now ...but our young guys need more seasoning.
BizLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:36 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Thanks, I’m so happy the Clippers won’t interrupt any potential Laker moves, but I have a good feeling there gonna make a STRONG push to sign Paul George.

George would never sign with the Clippers over the Lakers. He grew up a die hard Laker/Kobe fan not to mention we can also pay him more.
BizLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:43 am    Post subject:

RoyalPurple8 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
GOODRICH25 wrote:
RoyalPurple8 wrote:

Hopefully he's Rich Paul

I must admit, I am a fan of Lebron, you have to respect greatness.

Kobe will probably always be my favorite player though, and I would take him to start any team.

Dont really want Lebron in LA either, too expensive, too much risk. Lebron would have to take a 5-10 million dollar paycut for me to want him in LA.

Cleveland is where Lebron should be.

I don't want him here either. We already have a bright future with Ingram and Kuzma who are going to dominate for many years. I don't want an aging star to come in and mess up their development. That's why I say if we sign someone, let it be a center (Cousins) or a 2 guard (Paul George). That way the minutes for our young core isn't interrupted.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:10 am    Post subject:

BizLA wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Thanks, I’m so happy the Clippers won’t interrupt any potential Laker moves, but I have a good feeling there gonna make a STRONG push to sign Paul George.

George would never sign with the Clippers over the Lakers. He grew up a die hard Laker/Kobe fan not to mention we can also pay him more.

He was a Kobe fan but also a Clipper fan.
GOODRICH25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:08 am    Post subject:

what number will Bron wear in Houston?
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:19 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
BizLA wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Growing up in Palmdale California, The Knucklehead Clippers, with Q, Corey, Darius and Lamar Odom, was Paul George’s favorite team, but Kobe Bryant was his favorite player.

http://ballislife.com/paul-george-kobe-bryant/
DShotMaker1824
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:25 pm    Post subject:

Cleveland is the best place for LeBron.

"Through the legs to the left, through the legs to the right, we don't run them Laker plays, we just Kobe fadeaway..."
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:50 pm    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
BizLA wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Growing up in Palmdale California, The Knucklehead Clippers, with Q, Corey, Darius and Lamar Odom, was Paul George’s favorite team, but Kobe Bryant was his favorite player.

Let's keep 1 thing in mind, there is tons and tons of players in the NBA who grew up a Laker fan but did not end up playing for the Lakers, so there is nothing wrong with him being a Clipper fan, right now Tatum probably hates the Lakers now that he's with the Celts but he's supposedly been a Laker fan his whole life so if George is traded here or is signed here, I'm pretty sure he will quickly forget about the Clippers.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:43 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

Let's keep 1 thing in mind, there is tons and tons of players in the NBA who grew up a Laker fan but did not end up playing for the Lakers, so there is nothing wrong with him being a Clipper fan, right now Tatum probably hates the Lakers now that he's with the Celts but he's supposedly been a Laker fan his whole life so if George is traded here or is signed here, I'm pretty sure he will quickly forget about the Clippers.

I would guess who they rooted for as kids doesn't really factor in much when NBA players make career decisions.
RoyalPurple8
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:41 pm    Post subject:

Houston by far. They have Paul and Harden, they would add 3-4 years to Lebrons career probably. At this stage he needs to play with more true pg.
RoyalPurple8
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:44 pm    Post subject:

diando wrote:
Cleveland is the best place for LeBron.

Or Houston
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:02 pm    Post subject:

So I have now seen a few philly games and I’m not so sure Lebron would go there tbh. It’s nothing to do with the loss tonight to OKC; it’s more just that they might be a bit overhyped. Any team would love to have Simmons and Embiid but man 14-14 in a weak east and they don’t particulary look good in stretches of games.

There is also the injury factor. Embiid looks like a ticking time bomb. Sixers fans are holding their breath every time he falls or gets fouled and reaches for something. Just don’t see Lebron taking the risk.

He might just end up in Houston, especially if they show well in a conference finals against GSW.
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:34 am    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
BizLA wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

A team that was together a whopping two years...
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:36 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
BizLA wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

I honestly doubt that many of them sat around watching games every night, even most of the ones that claim to have been big fans of so and so.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:03 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Any team would love to have Simmons and Embiid but man 14-14 in a weak east and they don’t particulary look good in stretches of games.

I think the days of talking about the weak east are ending -- seems like the two divisions have evened out.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: