2018 LA Angels Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Steve007
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 21 Jul 2006
Posts: 9883

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:02 am    Post subject:

Man, it’s been so long since I’ve wondered about who the next manager would be. The 90’s were so different with the team changing managers so often back then. Makes me feel old just realizing how long ago that was.

Also seems strange to think that statistically Scoscia has been the most successful manager the team has ever had.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Steve007
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 21 Jul 2006
Posts: 9883

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:03 am    Post subject:

Here is a list of managers in team history.

http://losangeles.angels.mlb.com/ana/history/managers.jsp
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Aug 2009
Posts: 31026

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:32 am    Post subject:

Sorry Angels fans....guess it was fake news.
http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/24287880/mike-scioscia-los-angeles-angels-manager-dismisses-report-step-end-season
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChickenStu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 14994
Location: Anaheim, CA

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:35 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Sorry Angels fans....guess it was fake news.
http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/24287880/mike-scioscia-los-angeles-angels-manager-dismisses-report-step-end-season


We'll see.
_________________
Kevin Durant will be a Laker in 2019-20.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Aug 2009
Posts: 31026

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:18 pm    Post subject:

Pujols done for the season.
Wonder when the Angels will get serious about building a contender.
All these big names and nothing to show for it.
Its not a surprise their only championship team didn't really have any big names.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 16 Jun 2005
Posts: 27657
Location: Dirty South

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:49 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Pujols done for the season.
Wonder when the Angels will get serious about building a contender.
All these big names and nothing to show for it.
Its not a surprise their only championship team didn't really have any big names.


was not following closely at the time, but that is how the Reds felt a few years ago....you would look at the roster...a couple well known good arms in the rotation....same for the bullpen.....and several big bats in the lineup....but not even in the Wild Card race since 2013.
_________________
"To arrive at a contradiction is to confess an error in one's thinking; to maintain a contradiction is to abdicate one's mind and to evict oneself from the realm of reality." Ayn Rand
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 128843
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:17 pm    Post subject:

It usually comes down to farm systems. My Cards are the best team in the league this month and they are being driven by kids who spent the beginning of the season in the minors. I read that the Angels (and Pujols) start next season in St. Louis. That will be a hot ticket.
_________________
Oh when the Saints, come marching in..........
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Lonzo'sBalls
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 07 Sep 2017
Posts: 423

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:33 pm    Post subject:

The Angels farm is improving, but they need to focus on pitching. Their rotation is filled with talented, but not durable in any sense, type of guys. And really more #3-4 vs. aces and high end guys. They need a compliment for Ohtani as the ace, perhaps even a co-ace because frankly I don't see his elbow holding up.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 16 Jun 2005
Posts: 27657
Location: Dirty South

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:45 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo'sBalls wrote:
The Angels farm is improving, but they need to focus on pitching. Their rotation is filled with talented, but not durable in any sense, type of guys. And really more #3-4 vs. aces and high end guys. They need a compliment for Ohtani as the ace, perhaps even a co-ace because frankly I don't see his elbow holding up.


I think they are putting him back on the mound this weekend.
_________________
"To arrive at a contradiction is to confess an error in one's thinking; to maintain a contradiction is to abdicate one's mind and to evict oneself from the realm of reality." Ayn Rand
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Lonzo'sBalls
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 07 Sep 2017
Posts: 423

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:13 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Lonzo'sBalls wrote:
The Angels farm is improving, but they need to focus on pitching. Their rotation is filled with talented, but not durable in any sense, type of guys. And really more #3-4 vs. aces and high end guys. They need a compliment for Ohtani as the ace, perhaps even a co-ace because frankly I don't see his elbow holding up.


I think they are putting him back on the mound this weekend.


Ya hes pitching Sunday. Not sure what to make of that.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 16 Jun 2005
Posts: 27657
Location: Dirty South

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:06 pm    Post subject:

Angels say Ohtani needs Tommy John surgery

Quote:
Shohei Ohtani has sustained what the Los Angeles Angels described as "new damage" on the ulnar collateral ligament of his right elbow, prompting the organization's physicians to recommend Tommy John surgery that would keep the 24-year-old two-way sensation off the mound until 2020.


LINK
_________________
"To arrive at a contradiction is to confess an error in one's thinking; to maintain a contradiction is to abdicate one's mind and to evict oneself from the realm of reality." Ayn Rand
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerFan87
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 25 May 2008
Posts: 18970
Location: The High Desert

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:24 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Angels say Ohtani needs Tommy John surgery

Quote:
Shohei Ohtani has sustained what the Los Angeles Angels described as "new damage" on the ulnar collateral ligament of his right elbow, prompting the organization's physicians to recommend Tommy John surgery that would keep the 24-year-old two-way sensation off the mound until 2020.


LINK


Ohtani: "Well, I guess there is only one thing left to do. Mash."

4 for 4, 2 HR, 3 RBI, 1 BB
_________________
...in my opinion.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Aug 2009
Posts: 31026

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:58 pm    Post subject:

So if he goes thru with the TJ surgery, he could still bat next year right? It wouldn't be all bad if he just ended up playing the DH next year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 16 Jun 2005
Posts: 27657
Location: Dirty South

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:06 pm    Post subject:

I have no real interest in the Angels....but it really sucks to see any young athlete with so much talent/potential to possibly have their career altered by serious injuries early on.
_________________
"To arrive at a contradiction is to confess an error in one's thinking; to maintain a contradiction is to abdicate one's mind and to evict oneself from the realm of reality." Ayn Rand
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChickenStu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 14994
Location: Anaheim, CA

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:07 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
I have no real interest in the Angels....but it really sucks to see any young athlete with so much talent/potential to possibly have their career altered by serious injuries early on.


At least it shouldn't affect him as a hitter moving forward. He looks very promising just as a hitter alone, so if it does derail his pitching career, he can just focus on hitting full-time.
_________________
Kevin Durant will be a Laker in 2019-20.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 16 Jun 2005
Posts: 27657
Location: Dirty South

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:10 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
adkindo wrote:
I have no real interest in the Angels....but it really sucks to see any young athlete with so much talent/potential to possibly have their career altered by serious injuries early on.


At least it shouldn't affect him as a hitter moving forward. He looks very promising just as a hitter alone, so if it does derail his pitching career, he can just focus on hitting full-time.


I noticed lk80 pointed that out also....I was unaware a player could bat/hit soon after the procedure.
_________________
"To arrive at a contradiction is to confess an error in one's thinking; to maintain a contradiction is to abdicate one's mind and to evict oneself from the realm of reality." Ayn Rand
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChickenStu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 14994
Location: Anaheim, CA

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:31 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
adkindo wrote:
I have no real interest in the Angels....but it really sucks to see any young athlete with so much talent/potential to possibly have their career altered by serious injuries early on.


At least it shouldn't affect him as a hitter moving forward. He looks very promising just as a hitter alone, so if it does derail his pitching career, he can just focus on hitting full-time.


I noticed lk80 pointed that out also....I was unaware a player could bat/hit soon after the procedure.


Yes, the recovery time for a pitcher is 12-18 months, and for a hitter, it's much less, more like 6-9 months. You can have TJ surgery in October and potentially have a shot to be ready for the following season. If he has it in a week, the start of April is in 7 months' time. If he waits until October, then he could certainly miss the start of next season as a hitter. I'm sure they will take all of this into consideration.
_________________
Kevin Durant will be a Laker in 2019-20.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB