Ball Brothers Sign With Lithuanian Club
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Apr 2006
Posts: 3427
Location: Oceanside Ca

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:55 am    Post subject:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2754054-kenan-thompson-impersonates-lavar-ball-on-snl-to-update-lithuania-trip
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
oldschool32
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Posts: 19770

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:55 pm    Post subject:

AllorNothing wrote:
Lamelo has better handles than anybody on the Laker's right now. If he grows another 2 to 3 " in the next 2 years, he will make it to the NBA.


I don't think he even has to grow another 2-3". Last time I saw him next to Zo, he didn't look much shorter at all, maybe an inch or two.
_________________
"It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up."-The Greatest
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
adkindo
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 16 Jun 2005
Posts: 18384
Location: Dirty South

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:58 am    Post subject:

LaVar Ball to be assistant coach for LiAngelo and LaMelo's team for friendly in Lithuania

Quote:
LaVar Ball will serve as an assistant coach for LiAngelo and LaMelo's team, Vytautas, on Tuesday night in a Big Baller Challenge contest in Lithuania.


Quote:
"He will be an assistant coach on game protocol but will drive the team through the game and make many of the decisions," a team spokesman told ESPN. "The style the team is going to play is going to be LaVar's choice."


LINK
_________________
"Lonzo Ball is the headline, Kyle Kuzma is the STORY!" Jalen Rose
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
governator
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 7531

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:20 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
LaVar Ball to be assistant coach for LiAngelo and LaMelo's team for friendly in Lithuania

Quote:
LaVar Ball will serve as an assistant coach for LiAngelo and LaMelo's team, Vytautas, on Tuesday night in a Big Baller Challenge contest in Lithuania.


Quote:
"He will be an assistant coach on game protocol but will drive the team through the game and make many of the decisions," a team spokesman told ESPN. "The style the team is going to play is going to be LaVar's choice."


LINK

Big mouth and questionable comments aside... this guy is a marketing genius. I can't think of another company that became world wide known in less than a year with zero ad $
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Aeneas Hunter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 12 Jul 2005
Posts: 19736

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:27 am    Post subject:

^^^^

Are they actually selling a significant number of shoes? I keep asking this question, and so far no one really seems to know. Someone cited an estimate that they had sold 500 pairs of shoes, or something along those lines.

Maybe he's good at generating free publicity, but if you aren't selling anything, you aren't a marketing genius.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
adkindo
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 16 Jun 2005
Posts: 18384
Location: Dirty South

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:31 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
^^^^

Are they actually selling a significant number of shoes? I keep asking this question, and so far no one really seems to know. Someone cited an estimate that they had sold 500 pairs of shoes, or something along those lines.

Maybe he's good at generating free publicity, but if you aren't selling anything, you aren't a marketing genius.


I think people confuse marketing and publicity....he appears to be very good at obtaining publicity....but there is no evidence that he has had substantial success at marketing.
_________________
"Lonzo Ball is the headline, Kyle Kuzma is the STORY!" Jalen Rose
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 06 Jul 2014
Posts: 3579

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:07 pm    Post subject:

Melo scored 43 and hit 5 3s in a row. Not in LKL btw.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqHusOAMcw4
_________________
Showtime 2.0
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Steve007
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 21 Jul 2006
Posts: 8939

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:08 pm    Post subject:

They have been scoring and the highlights are fun to watch, but the highlights are almost all scoring plays and I’ve seen several comments mentioning that the brothers don’t play defense.

Not bad for a couple of teenagers though.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 06 Jul 2014
Posts: 3579

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:09 pm    Post subject:

Lavar should coach in LKL too. Other coach has led them to 12-13 losses in a row anyway. Time to see what BBB coaching can do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XnP29_XSv8
_________________
Showtime 2.0
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
giordan0
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 05 Jan 2016
Posts: 289

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:14 am    Post subject:

Theres a remarkable difference statpadding when going up against second division and youth teams vs a full pro first division.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 17 Aug 2008
Posts: 10061
Location: Earth

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:41 am    Post subject:

Ain't no way Lavar don't say nothin that make no sense. Just an
exaggeration of the truth, lol.


The press should keep the mic away from Lavar. His
understanding of the English language is nil and
embarrassing. Hopefully our kids are not exposed
to his mindless interviews.
_________________
The move
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 06 Jul 2014
Posts: 3579

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:39 pm    Post subject:

On Sunday, we saw the first real indication that both LaMelo and LiAngelo can compete at the top level of Lithuanian pro basketball. In a game against first-place Zalgiris, the brothers combined for 44 points and 7 assists. LiAngelo led all scorers with 25 points, and LaMelo added 19 of his own in a 118-96 loss.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2018/02/lamelo-liangelo-lavar-ball-lithuania-top-team-highlights-lkl-basketball-video

Zalgiris are 6th in the Euro League with 21-13 record. Top 8 qualify to the playoffs.
_________________
Showtime 2.0
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 06 Jul 2014
Posts: 3579

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:45 pm    Post subject:

giordan0 wrote:
Theres a remarkable difference statpadding when going up against second division and youth teams vs a full pro first division.


Kids doing that against top teams now. There's too much criticism/cynicism on them due to their dad. Else they are doing pretty well for their age.
_________________
Showtime 2.0
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Steve007
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 21 Jul 2006
Posts: 8939

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:52 am    Post subject:

They are putting up impressive numbers which is interesting but they aren’t winning. Those numbers are also not telling us much about their defense.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
CHRISTYLE70
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 Jun 2005
Posts: 3087

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:23 am    Post subject:

saetarubia wrote:
On Sunday, we saw the first real indication that both LaMelo and LiAngelo can compete at the top level of Lithuanian pro basketball. In a game against first-place Zalgiris, the brothers combined for 44 points and 7 assists. LiAngelo led all scorers with 25 points, and LaMelo added 19 of his own in a 118-96 loss.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2018/02/lamelo-liangelo-lavar-ball-lithuania-top-team-highlights-lkl-basketball-video

Zalgiris are 6th in the Euro League with 21-13 record. Top 8 qualify to the playoffs.


Lamelo Just turned 16 in August. He scored easily against Beno Udrih. I dont care who you are but if youre 16 scoring against ex NBA talent with ease youre an impressive basketball player.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 30 Aug 2016
Posts: 1853

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:08 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
^^^^

Are they actually selling a significant number of shoes? I keep asking this question, and so far no one really seems to know. Someone cited an estimate that they had sold 500 pairs of shoes, or something along those lines.

Maybe he's good at generating free publicity, but if you aren't selling anything, you aren't a marketing genius.


I think people confuse marketing and publicity....he appears to be very good at obtaining publicity....but there is no evidence that he has had substantial success at marketing.
incorrect. how much money even outside of zo's laker millions do you think lavar is worth now on his own? vs what he was worth pre lavar all in marketing(big mouthing.)

you talk about shoes. I'm talking about everything that he's getting paid to do in relation to him running his mouth aka marketing the BBB, himself, or the kids.

so i stick with the other persons point. he's a marketing genius. because he has had money coming in due to his marketing skills. shoes, bbb clothing, popping up on every other show, getting his kids to play ball overseas while the cameras follow him out there.The reality show and whatever else he's getting that we dont know about.oh the WWE appearance. etc. etc.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 30 Aug 2016
Posts: 1853

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:10 pm    Post subject:

CHRISTYLE70 wrote:
saetarubia wrote:
On Sunday, we saw the first real indication that both LaMelo and LiAngelo can compete at the top level of Lithuanian pro basketball. In a game against first-place Zalgiris, the brothers combined for 44 points and 7 assists. LiAngelo led all scorers with 25 points, and LaMelo added 19 of his own in a 118-96 loss.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2018/02/lamelo-liangelo-lavar-ball-lithuania-top-team-highlights-lkl-basketball-video

Zalgiris are 6th in the Euro League with 21-13 record. Top 8 qualify to the playoffs.


Lamelo Just turned 16 in August. He scored easily against Beno Udrih. I dont care who you are but if youre 16 scoring against ex NBA talent with ease youre an impressive basketball player.
now lets be honest. my boy Beno aint never been known for his defense but you are correct. there's lots of benos in the nba. dudes with super offensive skill and little defense. so he could probably do that to them also.

You put Melo and Gelo with MDA and yall telling me the ball boys wouldnt put numbers? think about that.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Aug 2009
Posts: 29201

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:11 pm    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
They are putting up impressive numbers which is interesting but they aren’t winning. Those numbers are also not telling us much about their defense.


The more important question is how many scouts are watching? Does going overseas increase or decrease their visibility to the people that actually matter? Sure they might be treated like royalty now in Lithuania but I don't think thats their goal.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 30 Aug 2016
Posts: 1853

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:05 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Steve007 wrote:
They are putting up impressive numbers which is interesting but they aren’t winning. Those numbers are also not telling us much about their defense.


The more important question is how many scouts are watching? Does going overseas increase or decrease their visibility to the people that actually matter? Sure they might be treated like royalty now in Lithuania but I don't think thats their goal.
The scouts are watching the youngest one and thank goodness for Gelo that he's on the same team as his younger bro. So that means they are watching him too. You have to at worse take a looksee just because of the name at this point. lets see what the kid can do and since we're here or since i'm watching these games, might as well check out gelo.


Think about it. Did Brandon jennings get this many looks when he went overseas? probably not. and he was a top recruit pre high school graduation. but scouts did take a look at him. same with Mudiaye. They will look.

And its just too easy with the ball bros. the cameras are there. look at us watching some of these games or highlights/lowlights. its just a different time/era. its too easy not to scout them. you dont have to catch any flights.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Jan 2012
Posts: 4605
Location: Southland Native

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:40 pm    Post subject:

Two loudmouths going at it.
_________________
Manchester United Unmissable US Summer Tour 2017
Romelu Lukaku - Welcome to United!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 06 Jul 2014
Posts: 3579

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:28 pm    Post subject:

LaVar Ball to bring Big Baller Brand water to America

The shoe business isn’t the only one the Big Baller Brand is looking to disrupt. On Thursday, LaVar Ball announced that he will be partnering with Vytautas—the title sponsor of LiAngelo and LaMelo Ball’s professional basketball team in the Lithuanian (LKL) League—to bring bottled mineral water from Eastern Europe to the United States.

“Which NBA player is advertising water? No one,” LaVar told 15min.lt’s Marius Jokūbaitis and Donatas Urbonas, according to a translation provided to Lonzo Wire. “Everyone in the US is for some reason too proud for water campaigns. There are energy drinks that get advertised, but no one even thought about water.

“And here we come from overseas with water. Lithuania has the best water in the world. Zero nitrates. Which water is purer than that?”

“No one knows the Vytautas brand in America. It symbolizes history, the king,” LaVar said. “But no one will know it until they see BBB brand on it. They already know what Big Baller Brand is. People will think that by drinking it, they will become Big Ballers. It will give this water exposure. It’s the best water in the world, but no one knows about it worldwide, because everybody had their eyes closed.”

For the Big Baller, the move to bring Lithuania’s water to America’s shores is all about the bottom line.

“If you invest in water, guess what? Money will flow as well,” he said. “When you feel tired, what’s your first wish? Give me some water.”

LaVar also revealed the Big Baller Brand’s plans to film a documentary about the water—where it comes from, why it’s so pure and how it made its way across the world.

“No need to talk about the Big Baller Brand in this film,” he said. “The story is how this water arrived. About all of Lithuanian history and war. And then to show where we are now.”

For a man who’s long boasted about his love of milk, bottling water might not seem like the most natural move. But the tie-ins from Gelo and Melo’s team may well have made this opportunity move mineral water too good for the Big Baller to pass up.

http://lonzowire.usatoday.com/2018/02/09/lavar-ball-big-baller-brand-water-vytautas/

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DVnpthCVwAECTLY.jpg
_________________
Showtime 2.0
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2010 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB