Star Wars: The Last Jedi
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
22
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 05 Apr 2013
Posts: 16280

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:41 pm    Post subject:

Read vishnus response.

It’s clear you carry some sort of torch for the last Jedi. Sorry it wasn’t universally loved man.

It’s ok you can still enjoy something even if not everyone else did.

I want Star Wars to be awesome just as much as the next guy, but this movie was a swing and a miss for many fans. No getting around that
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Vishnu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Posts: 16147

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:54 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Vishnu wrote:
ocho wrote:
Vishnu wrote:
ocho wrote:
Star Wars: The Last Jedi is The Best Selling Blu-Ray of 2018 So Far

Quote:
Numbers for sales of home video physical formats came in and the top porg was none other than Star Wars: The Last Jedi. So far, it's been the most purchased piece of entertainment total, when adding up DVD and Blu-ray sales. Black Panther comes in at number two overall and in Blu-ray sales, but it did outpace The Last Jedi in DVD sales.

So what does that all mean?

It means that people are buying The Last Jedi a lot. It's made almost $100 million dollars in physical formats alone. This doesn't count anyone who bought the film only digitally.

It certainly pokes a hole in the argument that huge swaths of the audience don't like the film.


Star Wars still has in my opinion the most rabid fan base in the world. I flat out did not like the prequels. I legit think they are awful. I’m a fan of Star Wars though so I bought them on DVD, then on Blu-Ray, then on iTunes. For DVD I bought them individually, then as a trilogy, then with all six movies.

Of course I bought TLJ as well. I’m sure this will be common for Star Wars fans. If you bought the prequels on Blu-ray, then you’re certainly going to buy TLJ too since it’s better than those three films, at least in the eyes of many.


Sure, but even the amount of fans who are completists up to the point where they will spend money to purchase a movie they loathe is relatively small. Maybe enough to give it the edge over Black Panther. But clearly a ton of people really liked this movie.


The news just wasn’t surprising to me. Of course Star Wars sells the most Blu-rays. What exactly is it competing with? The shape of water? Movies like Star Wars are made for the BluRay experience. With that being said, it should be noted that black panther has sold more DVDs even though it came out two months later. Without knowing the difference between Star Wars Blu-ray sales and black panther Blu-ray sales, it would not surprise me if Black Panther over took it. Infinity war came out much later but I wouldn’t be surprised if it overtook it for 2018 sales as well.


Whether it finishes #1, 2 or 3 is immaterial to me when comparing it to other insanely popular movies. I posted the numbers to push back on the idea that TLJ was a failure that was massively hated by audiences. Despite a very vocal internet cabal, it simply isn't true. A movie that is despised doesn't sell on home video that well. It doesn't have to beat the most popular movies ever to be considered popular and well received.


Not denying movie was well received by many. After all it was the number one movie of the year. However, would you say the prequels were well received? They each made a ton of money. I imagine they all did quite well in the home media market. I hate to compare those films to this one but when applying the same metrics, it would appear that the prequels were well received too.

Perhaps I’m too close to the fandom, but there’s still so much rage but in the Star Wars community about the film. I was where you were a few months ago thinking not that many people dislike this movie and that it’s a select few. However after listening to various podcasts and participating in online discussion not on LG, I believe that while it’s still probably a minority of people, it’s more than you think. Even if RJ gets to direct his trilogy, I would actually bet on Kathleen Kennedy losing her job over this. Actually, to say it would be because of TLJ wouldn’t be fair, there have been a number of issues but the TLJ reception is the biggest one.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 May 2005
Posts: 42605

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:01 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Read vishnus response.

It’s clear you carry some sort of torch for the last Jedi. Sorry it wasn’t universally loved man.

It’s ok you can still enjoy something even if not everyone else did.

I want Star Wars to be awesome just as much as the next guy, but this movie was a swing and a miss for many fans. No getting around that


I'm fine liking it as much as I'm fine you not liking it. But just as the most volatile and loud political voices don't represent the attitudes of the country, neither do the cabal that treats this movie like a crime against humanity. Like it or not, it's a big hit with audiences.
_________________
14-5-3-12
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 May 2005
Posts: 42605

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:14 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Not denying movie was well received by many. After all it was the number one movie of the year. However, would you say the prequels were well received? They each made a ton of money. I imagine they all did quite well in the home media market. I hate to compare those films to this one but when applying the same metrics, it would appear that the prequels were well received too.


I don't know the home sales numbers for the prequels so I can't say. Like you said, anything Star Wars is going to be popular to some extent, but looking at box office numbers the 2nd prequel did much less business than TLJ (#98 on the list compared to #43).

Quote:
Perhaps I’m too close to the fandom, but there’s still so much rage but in the Star Wars community about the film. I was where you were a few months ago thinking not that many people dislike this movie and that it’s a select few. However after listening to various podcasts and participating in online discussion not on LG, I believe that while it’s still probably a minority of people, it’s more than you think. Even if RJ gets to direct his trilogy, I would actually bet on Kathleen Kennedy losing her job over this. Actually, to say it would be because of TLJ wouldn’t be fair, there have been a number of issues but the TLJ reception is the biggest one.


Giving in to a noisy minority would be a mistake and if it happens it would hardly be the first time. I have noticed a pretty large disconnect between "Real Star Wars Fans" and reality. It sucks but critics liked it. Disney hated the movie and so they gave Johnson a whole new trilogy. Audiences hated it so it's the #1 home media purchase. It is certainly possible that the podcasts and online forums you listen to will be victorious in swaying the direction of the franchise. Let's hope not.
_________________
14-5-3-12
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
The Thief
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Posts: 686

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:18 pm    Post subject:

A lot of people eat Dominoes pizza but that doesn't mean it's a quality product. TLJ is just a poorly executed movie period and it's not even opinion it's just a fact. Whether people liked it or not doesn't change that and there's ample evidence showing that people didn't. Rotten Tomatoes has it at a 46% with over 200k reviews. How the critics have it at a 91% is truly a mind bender. I can only imagine the amount of bribery it took to secure that critics score. In fact I think it's by far the widest margin between critic score and general audience score in Rotten Tomatoes history. The box office numbers aren't supporting it either.
TFA Domestic Gross $936,662,225 Worldwide Gross $2,068,223,624
TLJ Domestic Gross $620,181,382 Worldwide Gross $1,332,539,889
That's a significant drop off. No way of subverting those numbers.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Vishnu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Posts: 16147

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:22 pm    Post subject:

Sorry, I didn’t get a lot of sleep last night so my points are even less thought out than normal but I just brought up the prequel‘s box office because I think it’s possible for a film to make a lot of money and still be considered to be reviled. Again, I actually think the last Jedi is fine but the conversation amongst the general population is taking it toward the prequel zone. I don’t think it’s going to reach it though. I think it’s going to stay in the area of “controversial“ and not quite get into “this movie sucks“. The biggest caveat is that The Last Jedi was praised by the critics and the prequels were not, at least nowhere close to the degree TLJ was.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 May 2005
Posts: 42605

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:35 pm    Post subject:

The Thief wrote:
Rotten Tomatoes has it at a 46% with over 200k reviews. How the critics have it at a 91% is truly a mind bender. I can only imagine the amount of bribery it took to secure that critics score


There was a very public internet campaign from your ilk to firebomb the RT audience score. Alt Right types got involved. That explains the disparity. I suspect you know this.

The Thief wrote:

TFA Domestic Gross $936,662,225 Worldwide Gross $2,068,223,624
TLJ Domestic Gross $620,181,382 Worldwide Gross $1,332,539,889
That's a significant drop off. No way of subverting those numbers.


lol it didn't beat the highest grossing domestic return of all time therefore people hated it. I mean between original run and re-release A New Hope grossed $1.65B compared to Empire's $910M so people must have hated that one too.
_________________
14-5-3-12
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
The Thief
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Posts: 686

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:16 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:

There was a very public internet campaign from your ilk to firebomb the RT audience score. Alt Right types got involved. That explains the disparity. I suspect you know this.

My ilk? You mean people that like good movies? How you can politicize a crappy movie is beyond me. I suppose everyone that didn't like it must also be racist and hate women and the environment. In regards to the numbers you're going to see high numbers as it's a Star Wars film. Look at the numbers for Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. They beat the original movie. Does that mean people liked it more than the original? It's the drop off from TFA to TLJ that is the story. Those same people that went to see TFA multiple times didn't do the same for TLJ and those that didn't like TFA probably didn't even bother to see TLJ in theatres.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 May 2005
Posts: 42605

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:38 am    Post subject:

The Thief wrote:
ocho wrote:

There was a very public internet campaign from your ilk to firebomb the RT audience score. Alt Right types got involved. That explains the disparity. I suspect you know this.

My ilk? You mean people that like good movies? How you can politicize a crappy movie is beyond me. I suppose everyone that didn't like it must also be racist and hate women and the environment. In regards to the numbers you're going to see high numbers as it's a Star Wars film. Look at the numbers for Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. They beat the original movie. Does that mean people liked it more than the original? It's the drop off from TFA to TLJ that is the story. Those same people that went to see TFA multiple times didn't do the same for TLJ and those that didn't like TFA probably didn't even bother to see TLJ in theatres.


By your ilk I meant people personally and emotionally offended because they didn't like a movie, and seemingly incapable of believing anyone else could possibly feel different. I don't know where you're getting the race and environment stuff.

The story is the drop-off because that's what you want the story to be. The actual story, the one I posted, is that people are purchasing TLJ more than any other movie this year. While I am sure that some people out there hated it and for some reason still want to purchase it, it indicates it's a very well received movie. It's cool that you didn't like it. The disconnect is that you insist everyone else feels exactly the way you do, and that isn't the case.
_________________
14-5-3-12
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 16 Nov 2015
Posts: 13634

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:08 am    Post subject:

I endorse Ocho's posts
_________________
https://j.gifs.com/Rnqnbk.gif
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 May 2005
Posts: 42605

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:11 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
I endorse Ocho's posts



_________________
14-5-3-12
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Aeneas Hunter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 12 Jul 2005
Posts: 20980

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:16 am    Post subject:

The Thief wrote:
ocho wrote:

There was a very public internet campaign from your ilk to firebomb the RT audience score. Alt Right types got involved. That explains the disparity. I suspect you know this.

My ilk? You mean people that like good movies? How you can politicize a crappy movie is beyond me. I suppose everyone that didn't like it must also be racist and hate women and the environment. In regards to the numbers you're going to see high numbers as it's a Star Wars film. Look at the numbers for Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. They beat the original movie. Does that mean people liked it more than the original? It's the drop off from TFA to TLJ that is the story. Those same people that went to see TFA multiple times didn't do the same for TLJ and those that didn't like TFA probably didn't even bother to see TLJ in theatres.


I agree with most of what you say, but there really was a public campaign to firebomb the RT score.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
#DeathMetalMatters
Rookie
Rookie


Joined: 05 Jul 2018
Posts: 20

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:18 pm    Post subject:

ElginBaylor wrote:
Here's my take and I'll leave it at this. Preface: I'm old enough to have seen all the originals in theaters when they were released. For the most part my days of staying out all night and partying are but a memory. These days I'm usually in bed by 11 and up at 6. So I was a little weary about going to an 11 pm show. Not once did I doze off. Not once did a lose interest. To the contrary I didn't want the experience to end. Maybe I'm a simpleton and easily entertained, but going in with extremely high expectations this movie did not disappoint.

OTOH, I watched a bit of ROTJ last night. I think a lot of people forget that the original trilogy movies are not that great. Sure they have their charm and can be enjoyable, but some of the dialogue is ridiculous and for example, Porgs > Ewoks. As for the prequels, forget it. They're not even close to the quality of the originals and these last two. Hayden Christiansen is a horrible actor and how a director can make Natalie Portman look like a high school drama student is beyond me.

Summary: TLJ is necessarily moving the franchise forward and I can't wait to see where JJ takes the next installment.


I agree with your first post(forming your own opinion) and this one as well. People are playing such victims these days. Rian ruined Star Wars! My childhood! How dare they! haha. Cmon, stop acting like it's personal lol.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
#DeathMetalMatters
Rookie
Rookie


Joined: 05 Jul 2018
Posts: 20

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:25 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
The Thief wrote:
ocho wrote:

There was a very public internet campaign from your ilk to firebomb the RT audience score. Alt Right types got involved. That explains the disparity. I suspect you know this.

My ilk? You mean people that like good movies? How you can politicize a crappy movie is beyond me. I suppose everyone that didn't like it must also be racist and hate women and the environment. In regards to the numbers you're going to see high numbers as it's a Star Wars film. Look at the numbers for Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. They beat the original movie. Does that mean people liked it more than the original? It's the drop off from TFA to TLJ that is the story. Those same people that went to see TFA multiple times didn't do the same for TLJ and those that didn't like TFA probably didn't even bother to see TLJ in theatres.


By your ilk I meant people personally and emotionally offended because they didn't like a movie, and seemingly incapable of believing anyone else could possibly feel different. I don't know where you're getting the race and environment stuff.

The story is the drop-off because that's what you want the story to be. The actual story, the one I posted, is that people are purchasing TLJ more than any other movie this year. While I am sure that some people out there hated it and for some reason still want to purchase it, it indicates it's a very well received movie. It's cool that you didn't like it. The disconnect is that you insist everyone else feels exactly the way you do, and that isn't the case.


Co-Signed.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
h2omike
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Posts: 2241

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:07 pm    Post subject:

To me, Rogue One is the best Star Wars movie of the past few years. But you know, it's just entertainment, I don't like any of the newer Spider-Man, Superman, or Batman movies. If others like them , good for them. So the LJ may not be high art or the best sci-fi of the year, but I got my $10 worth out of the movie.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Cochese
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 23 Apr 2016
Posts: 879

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:39 am    Post subject:

I wasn't a big fan of Rogue One. I mean the characters weren't great and the movie itself was mediocre. I thought the last 45 minutes or so were entertaining in terms of action. I guess its hard to make a prequel because *spoiler* you know they are going to get the death star plans, so its hard to feel any tension.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
The Thief
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Posts: 686

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:19 pm    Post subject:

I guess Mark Hamil wasn't a big fan of the new movies either. He doesn't seem to be worried about giving a bad impression of the new films. I guess he figures he's got nothing to lose anyway.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xw0IR6fJlV0
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
2Cleva
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 17 Jun 2001
Posts: 9195

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:48 am    Post subject:

Mark is my spirit animal - especially when talking about what Rian Johnson did in TLJ.

No surprise after the box office drop off and merchandising failure of Star Wars since TLJ released that Lucasfilm now is in a shell. No dates of any movies after IX announced, all concepts reportedly shelved for now - mums the word.

JJ will likely have as much damage control as possible in IX but Lucasfilm looks a lot like the DCEU right now in not knowing how to build a cohesive cinematic story.

I hate the racist and sexist backlash because of Star Wars but that doesn't make TLJ a good Star Wars movie, nor does it fit in the overarching storyline from the previous 7 movies. Just horribly done.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Reply with quote
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 13 Apr 2001
Posts: 11673
Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:04 am    Post subject:

2Cleva wrote:

I hate the racist and sexist backlash because of Star Wars but that doesn't make TLJ a good Star Wars movie

_________________
Maginka doing work
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Dec 2015
Posts: 3774
Location: So what's the uh...topic of discussion?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:45 pm    Post subject:

the brigaded tomato score is still better than the movie deserved
_________________
"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers."
http://forums.lakersground.net/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=13018
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 May 2005
Posts: 42605

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:46 pm    Post subject:

2017 Summer League Champs wrote:
I saw an article earlier today that said Disney is likely canceling the new Rian Johnson trilogy. Not sure if that's old news or even true. I would be thrilled if it was true. It said Kathleen Kennedy may also get fired, Disney hates TLJ, Rian Johnson completely abandoned what TLJ was supposed to be about and killed off Luke early, and Colin Trevorrow was fired from episode 9 because he was furious about what Rian Johnson was doing with ep 8. Interesting. Really wish they would have just hired someone like Joss Whedon to write the whole trilogy. Not sure if he still has it but his Buffy writing was exceptional and he knows how to write an awesome mythology about destiny. Plus he's a SW fan.




Quote:
Kathleen Kennedy has reignited her lightsaber. The lead producer and architect of the Star Wars franchise has renewed her contract to remain president of Lucasfilm for another three years, through 2021, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.


LINK
_________________
14-5-3-12
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
The Thief
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Posts: 686

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:44 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
2017 Summer League Champs wrote:
I saw an article earlier today that said Disney is likely canceling the new Rian Johnson trilogy. Not sure if that's old news or even true. I would be thrilled if it was true. It said Kathleen Kennedy may also get fired, Disney hates TLJ, Rian Johnson completely abandoned what TLJ was supposed to be about and killed off Luke early, and Colin Trevorrow was fired from episode 9 because he was furious about what Rian Johnson was doing with ep 8. Interesting. Really wish they would have just hired someone like Joss Whedon to write the whole trilogy. Not sure if he still has it but his Buffy writing was exceptional and he knows how to write an awesome mythology about destiny. Plus he's a SW fan.




Quote:
Kathleen Kennedy has reignited her lightsaber. The lead producer and architect of the Star Wars franchise has renewed her contract to remain president of Lucasfilm for another three years, through 2021, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.


LINK

Any news on who will be writing/directing the next trilogy? Please let it not be Rian so that there can be at least some hope.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 May 2005
Posts: 42605

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:21 pm    Post subject:

The Thief wrote:
ocho wrote:
2017 Summer League Champs wrote:
I saw an article earlier today that said Disney is likely canceling the new Rian Johnson trilogy. Not sure if that's old news or even true. I would be thrilled if it was true. It said Kathleen Kennedy may also get fired, Disney hates TLJ, Rian Johnson completely abandoned what TLJ was supposed to be about and killed off Luke early, and Colin Trevorrow was fired from episode 9 because he was furious about what Rian Johnson was doing with ep 8. Interesting. Really wish they would have just hired someone like Joss Whedon to write the whole trilogy. Not sure if he still has it but his Buffy writing was exceptional and he knows how to write an awesome mythology about destiny. Plus he's a SW fan.




Quote:
Kathleen Kennedy has reignited her lightsaber. The lead producer and architect of the Star Wars franchise has renewed her contract to remain president of Lucasfilm for another three years, through 2021, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.


LINK

Any news on who will be writing/directing the next trilogy? Please let it not be Rian so that there can be at least some hope.


Maybe try Star Trek?

Quote:
Rian Johnson however confirmed on Twitter his trilogy is still on despite all the fuss. And he certainly did it in the most Rian Johnson fashion. Replying to a twitter user, Johnson confirmed that his is indeed still working on a Star Wars trilogy.


LINK
_________________
14-5-3-12
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
The Thief
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Posts: 686

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:33 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
The Thief wrote:
ocho wrote:
2017 Summer League Champs wrote:
I saw an article earlier today that said Disney is likely canceling the new Rian Johnson trilogy. Not sure if that's old news or even true. I would be thrilled if it was true. It said Kathleen Kennedy may also get fired, Disney hates TLJ, Rian Johnson completely abandoned what TLJ was supposed to be about and killed off Luke early, and Colin Trevorrow was fired from episode 9 because he was furious about what Rian Johnson was doing with ep 8. Interesting. Really wish they would have just hired someone like Joss Whedon to write the whole trilogy. Not sure if he still has it but his Buffy writing was exceptional and he knows how to write an awesome mythology about destiny. Plus he's a SW fan.




Quote:
Kathleen Kennedy has reignited her lightsaber. The lead producer and architect of the Star Wars franchise has renewed her contract to remain president of Lucasfilm for another three years, through 2021, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.


LINK

Any news on who will be writing/directing the next trilogy? Please let it not be Rian so that there can be at least some hope.


Maybe try Star Trek?

Quote:
Rian Johnson however confirmed on Twitter his trilogy is still on despite all the fuss. And he certainly did it in the most Rian Johnson fashion. Replying to a twitter user, Johnson confirmed that his is indeed still working on a Star Wars trilogy.


LINK

https://youtu.be/umDr0mPuyQc
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Dec 2015
Posts: 3774
Location: So what's the uh...topic of discussion?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:37 pm    Post subject:

The Thief wrote:
ocho wrote:
The Thief wrote:
ocho wrote:
2017 Summer League Champs wrote:
I saw an article earlier today that said Disney is likely canceling the new Rian Johnson trilogy. Not sure if that's old news or even true. I would be thrilled if it was true. It said Kathleen Kennedy may also get fired, Disney hates TLJ, Rian Johnson completely abandoned what TLJ was supposed to be about and killed off Luke early, and Colin Trevorrow was fired from episode 9 because he was furious about what Rian Johnson was doing with ep 8. Interesting. Really wish they would have just hired someone like Joss Whedon to write the whole trilogy. Not sure if he still has it but his Buffy writing was exceptional and he knows how to write an awesome mythology about destiny. Plus he's a SW fan.




Quote:
Kathleen Kennedy has reignited her lightsaber. The lead producer and architect of the Star Wars franchise has renewed her contract to remain president of Lucasfilm for another three years, through 2021, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.


LINK

Any news on who will be writing/directing the next trilogy? Please let it not be Rian so that there can be at least some hope.


Maybe try Star Trek?

Quote:
Rian Johnson however confirmed on Twitter his trilogy is still on despite all the fuss. And he certainly did it in the most Rian Johnson fashion. Replying to a twitter user, Johnson confirmed that his is indeed still working on a Star Wars trilogy.


LINK

https://youtu.be/umDr0mPuyQc


nu-star trek is the better franchise at this point in time
_________________
"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers."
http://forums.lakersground.net/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=13018
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 13 of 14
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB