A.C Green and Byron scott for Hot rod Williams and Craig Ehlo

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WindyCityLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:40 am    Post subject: A.C Green and Byron scott for Hot rod Williams and Craig Ehlo

http://articles.latimes.com/1990-08-07/sports/sp-119_1_free-agent

I never heard of this before. They had just signed Perkins and had this offer on the table. The front court would have been Divac, Perkins , Worthy and Williams.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:32 pm    Post subject:

I remember that like it was yesterday. I also recall AC, Byron and Worthy for Hakeem. But back then, I got my news and rumors from the paper and Fred Roggin. LOL! I don't think that Hakeem rumor was even close to fruition.
x75274
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:36 pm    Post subject:

I thought it was the Cavs who said no to that deal at the time. There was also the Barkley for Worthy and Campbell deal that was agreed to in 1992 but 76ers turned it down last minute. Another was Van Exel for Kidd trade. The countless Mitch Richmond for Eddie Jones proposals. Another consistent target was Christian Laettner. The countless opportunities to acquire Scottie Pippen. Rumors rumors and more rumors.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:29 pm    Post subject:

x75274 wrote:
Another was Van Exel for Kidd trade. .
Not a rumor, that was real and would have happened, except that the Laker FO asked Shaq about it and he told them he would rather keep NVK...

The Lakers would have won a couple more titles if they had just pulled the trigger on this and NOT asked the BIG BAD DECISION MAKER....!
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:31 pm    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
x75274 wrote:
Not a rumor, that was real and would have happened, except that the Laker FO asked Shaq about it and he told them he would rather keep NVK...

The Lakers would have won a couple more titles if they had just pulled the trigger on this and NOT asked the BIG BAD DECISION MAKER....!

Wow.. Loved Nick the quick.. but that would have been big for us.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:35 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
unleasHell wrote:
x75274 wrote:

Oh yeah, and it was the season after that Nick did his infamous "Cancuun Chant" and he was shipped off for peanuts..
LakerDynasty6.0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:48 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
unleasHell wrote:
x75274 wrote:

Nick Van Exel had HEART!!! I remember the last game we ever played at the (old) boston garden!
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:08 pm    Post subject:

Wayne Embry: "Secondly, we're not looking to move Ehlo. We really can't afford to trade him. That's all I'm going to say about this."

--
Embry must've believed or known Cavsfan really liked seeing combinations of Ehlo, Price, Kerr, and Ferry against the Bulls (Craig vs Mike in most of those) because they played each other 5x a year in the RS and 4x in the playoffs between 87 and 93, with Clev losing all 4. He saw way too many games before finally acquiring Gerald Wilkins to know he had a scary athleticism deficit against da Bullz. Not that Gerald could do sh to stop Mikey, either, but the attempt to do something about Ehlo having to guard him came too late. Not even saying that Ehlo didn't do a good job considering, but the attempt to break up that mix never came. They traded Kevin Johnson and Ron Harper to create it. Williams was soft, too. Bloated koncak they gave him. Daugherty always hurt. I liked Mark Price as a player. Had a real one year window to make some playoff noise before The Shot. Then he blew his ACL and gradually lost a lot of the speed that helped him split thru doubles and run breaks.
JamaalWilkes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:14 am    Post subject:

Do it Mitch!
Gellollo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:15 am    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
x75274 wrote:

(bleep)
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:21 am    Post subject:

JamaalWilkes wrote:
Do it West!

Fixed
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: