James Harden Says He's Tired of 'Bulls--t Calls' from Refs
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:55 pm    Post subject: James Harden Says He's Tired of 'Bulls--t Calls' from Refs

Quote:
Harden on the officiating: "Bullsh*t calls... I'm tired of hearing 'I made a mistake' or 'I didn't see it'. It's frustrating when you hear that as a player."

https://mobile.twitter.com/clutchfans/status/944420887570403328

Quote:
James Harden was ejected with 26 seconds remaining in the Houston Rockets' 128-118 loss to the Los Angeles Clippers at Toyota Center on Friday night, and he didn't hide his frustration with the officiating when speaking to reporters after the game.

https://www.google.com/amp/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2750705-james-harden-says-hes-tired-of-bulls-t-calls-from-refs-after-clippers-loss.amp.html

Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:11 pm    Post subject:

flopping: <---------------------[]>
self-awareness: <[]--------------------->
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:15 pm    Post subject:

In a related story, Bill Gates is tired of being poor.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:45 am    Post subject:

ROFLFLOPTERCOPTER

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Fracture
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:06 am    Post subject:

Shoots almost 20fts then complains he's not getting enough? Holy (bleep) what a clown
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:28 am    Post subject:

He had a legit beef at the end of that game, which is what he was complaining about. A Clipper defender fouled him and shoulda fouled out, but they called the foul on the wrong person and didn't review. Then in two critical possessions the defender clearly flopped on offensive calls in non shooting situations (even the announcers noted it). So he wasn't complaining about FT's. He was complaining about clear errors.
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:28 am    Post subject:

Fine him
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:46 am    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
He had a legit beef at the end of that game, which is what he was complaining about. A Clipper defender fouled him and shoulda fouled out, but they called the foul on the wrong person and didn't review. Then in two critical possessions the defender clearly flopped on offensive calls in non shooting situations (even the announcers noted it). So he wasn't complaining about FT's. He was complaining about clear errors.

I agree, and the rest of these responses are just typical Laker fanboy responses, hate everyone who isn't a Laker. No respect!
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:54 am    Post subject:

Quote:
James Harden Says He's Tired of 'Bulls--t Calls' from Refs

Is that right, James Harden?

So are we all, my friend. So are we all...
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:56 am    Post subject:

Wino wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:

I agree, and the rest of these responses are just typical Laker fanboy responses, hate everyone who isn't a Laker. No respect!

I'm not responding to that specific play, I didn't see it.

I - like a lot of folks - think Harden draws a lot of questionable calls in his favor, thusly he probably shouldn't be complaining about the refs lol
OCWA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:59 am    Post subject:

Time to start fining people for offensive flops.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:32 pm    Post subject:

You don't say...
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:09 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
Wino wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:

I - like a lot of folks - think Harden draws a lot of questionable calls in his favor, thusly he probably shouldn't be complaining about the refs lol

From a Laker fan perspective. Fans who also claimed that Kobe didn’t get calls while fans of 29 other teams thought that the refs favored him.
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:03 pm    Post subject:

Those fans were wrong and we were right. Same as this situation. And everyone situation until the end of time.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:46 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
TDRock wrote:
Wino wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:

From a Laker fan perspective. Fans who also claimed that Kobe didn’t get calls while fans of 29 other teams thought that the refs favored him.

Actually I've seen fans of a lot of other teams make the same claim about Mr. Harden. Houston fans generally do not
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:07 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
TDRock wrote:
Wino wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:

Not even remotely close. As usual. I'm sure you frequent other teams boards, the hate for Harden is proportional to his foul baiting (/s, clearly you don't).

Kobe: 11,719 FG's made, 8,378 FT's made
Jordan: 12,192 FGs made, 7,327 FT's made
Harden: 4293 FG's made, 4,481 Ft's made

Foh with that trash.

Oh and look at this gem:

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/james-harden-gets-fouled-on-3s-more-than-any-nba-team/

That scumbag's game is indefensible.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:10 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
TDRock wrote:
Wino wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:

Not even remotely close. As usual. I'm sure you frequent other teams boards, the hate for Harden is proportional to his foul baiting (/s, clearly you don't).

Foh with that trash.

Oh and look at this gem:

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/james-harden-gets-fouled-on-3s-more-than-any-nba-team/

So, here's where I differ from you: what is indefensible is the ref who blows that whistle---for Kobe, it was indefensible that a ref would refuse to blow their whistle. I'm not going to hate the player for playing their game; just the ref that allows it.

Look at that first video in the 538 link. Yeah, Harden initiated the majority of that contact and it was a pretty ridiculous "shot" to take, but it's on the ref to swallow that whistle. FWIW, I think they do in the playoffs, which is why he has some serious clunkers (he also get's extra home cooking, hence some of his more spectacular stat lines).

Last edited by Cutheon on Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:11 pm    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:

He was complaining about the kind of calls he normally gets.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:45 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
TDRock wrote:
Wino wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:

Foh with that trash.

Oh and look at this gem:

So, here's where I differ from you: what is indefensible is the ref who blows that whistle---for Kobe, it was indefensible that a ref would refuse to blow their whistle. I'm not going to hate the player for playing their game; just the ref that allows it.

Look at that first video in the 538 link. Yeah, Harden initiated the majority of that contact and it was a pretty ridiculous "shot" to take, but it's on the ref to swallow that whistle. FWIW, I think they do in the playoffs, which is why he has some serious clunkers (he also get's extra home cooking, hence some of his more spectacular stat lines).

Fair take and I'd agree with it. It's truly head scratching to me that the refs would continue to allow him to bamboozle them like this. It's almost a running joke among NBA fans and has pretty much reached meme status.
GOODRICH25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:23 pm    Post subject:

he has a point, refs are mostly terrible, but they are protected to a point that you get fined for even commenting them and getting technicals for nothing basically. its just damn funny that its coming from him of all people

17 99 19 22 44 13 25 Mic.
52 33 32 42 34 8 24 16 23 3
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:06 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:

No he wasn't. He normally doesn't get foul calls while someone passes him the ball under the other teams basket, or while dribbling without shooting. As far as the refs giving a foul call to the wrong player, that may be something routine, for star players that is.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:54 pm    Post subject:

this guy....

ref's blow the whistle so much for him, I am surprised it has not triggered an asthma attack for one of them. One of the biggest floppers in the NBA.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:45 am    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
rwongega wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:

No he wasn't. He normally doesn't get foul calls while someone passes him the ball under the other teams basket, or while dribbling without shooting. As far as the refs giving a foul call to the wrong player, that may be something routine, for star players that is.

You don't like those grotesque initiated flop fouls that he gets, do you? You wish he'd stop doing that entirely because it demeans him, the sport, and fans like you who are forced to defend him for being a more disgusting version of Reggie Miller.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:55 am    Post subject:

He is a human bobble head. He steps across his defender and jerks his head is an obvious acting job, and he continues to get the whistle blown for it. He has been doing it since the OKC days. I can't stand watching him play.
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:57 am    Post subject:

>ventura commenting on kobe
>you already know any commentary to follow is going to be pure, unrestrained garbage
>since 2008

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: