This is what happens when Kobe "shares" the ball
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KoBeLuvver
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:26 pm    Post subject: This is what happens when Kobe "shares" the ball

Tell the Kobe critics to look at what happens when Kobe shares the ball. The steal by Kobe and then the pass to Smush epitomized this Laker season. It's a shame that we lost this game. If I were Mr. Bryant, and thank goodness I am not right now, I would have serious words with upper management. I hope we saw some Lakers in their last games as Lakers tonight, because everyone can attest, something needs to change.

Late~[/u]
PurpleHayz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:39 pm    Post subject:

Sorry but not Laker is safe from blame in this loss!! They all stunk!!!!!!!!!
KobeButler
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

dude smush was ahead of the pack. Anyone would of passed the ball.
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

You've got to be kidding? You think 15-27 freethrows may have had anything to do with this loss? The Lakers lost by how many?
There was nothing wrong with the distribution in this game and everybody save Sasha and, Parker had a fine game percentage wise.

That was not it...
OdomX2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:39 pm    Post subject: Re: This is what happens when Kobe "shares" the ball

KoBeLuvver wrote:
Tell the Kobe critics to look at what happens when Kobe shares the ball. The steal by Kobe and then the pass to Smush epitomized this Laker season. It's a shame that we lost this game. If I were Mr. Bryant, and thank goodness I am not right now, I would have serious words with upper management. I hope we saw some Lakers in their last games as Lakers tonight, because everyone can attest, something needs to change.

Late~[/u]

Smush missed a wide open dunk. He isn't a freaking NBA player!!! Why doesn't anyone get this? He made a whopping 1 out of 9 shots! Blame Kobe for passing to a wide open guy? Honestly, this is an abomination, an absolute embarrasement. Aside from Kobe, this is the worst collection of stiffs in Laker history.
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:44 pm    Post subject: Re: This is what happens when Kobe "shares" the ball

OdomX2 wrote:
KoBeLuvver wrote:

Late~[/u]

Smush missed a wide open dunk. He isn't a freaking NBA player!!! Why doesn't anyone get this? He made a whopping 1 out of 9 shots! Blame Kobe for passing to a wide open guy? Honestly, this is an abomination, an absolute embarrasement. Aside from Kobe, this is the worst collection of stiffs in Laker history.

Ok, you want to go that route. Kobe was 6-12 from the line. We lost by 4
Kobe put up 14 treys and landed 5
Was anybody noticing that the Hawks were scoring at will at one point. You folks who concentrate on last minute miscues don't seem to understand. The shame in this game took place long before Parker (bleep) up that jam!
LakeLakeLake
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:45 pm    Post subject:

You know why we lost this one?

D-E-F-E-N-S-E

Giving up 114 points to the Hawks is pathetic. Everyone on the whole team is to blame.
cooguh
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:46 pm    Post subject:

Hate to admit it, but the title of this post is so true. The rest of the Lakers always fail to make use of the opportunity when Kobe actually passes to them. People say Kobe aint no Jordan cuz Jordan had enough trust in his teammates to pass the ball even to Kerr for a last second shot. But can you blame Kobe? The teams SUCKS!
Zhengi
Star Player
Star Player

This was a bad game overall by all players. Bad defense, no rebounding, and missed free throws.

If they're not going to be play defense or rebound, at least make the darn free throws. Free points. Outscore the other team. The score was 112-110 at one point. Make 3 freaking FTs and we would have had a better chance to win.

That's 18-27. That's 67%.
OdomX2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:46 pm    Post subject: Re: This is what happens when Kobe "shares" the ball

THE_SHOES wrote:
OdomX2 wrote:
KoBeLuvver wrote:

Late~[/u]

Was anybody noticing that the Hawks were scoring at will at one point. You folks who concentrate on last minute miscues don't seem to understand. The shame in this game took place long before Parker (bleep) up that jam!

OK, you've lost it. Kobe was 50% from the field with 40 points and 9 assists. Everything you want right? FG percentage and assists. BTW Parker was 1-9 for the (bleep) game!!!!
Raptor2k
Star Player
Star Player

Again, defense and rebounding. You don't give up that many points to the Hawks to begin with, just so you can worry about FTs.

It's funny how we always let the fugly teams shine.
drzucchini
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:47 pm    Post subject: Re: This is what happens when Kobe "shares" the ball

THE_SHOES wrote:
OdomX2 wrote:
KoBeLuvver wrote:

Late~[/u]

NBA legend Smush Parker was 1-for-9, and future Hall of Famer Sasha Vujacic was 1-for-7, but let's go ahead and pin the loss on six missed free throws. :roll:
Zhengi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:48 pm    Post subject: Re: This is what happens when Kobe "shares" the ball

drzucchini wrote:
THE_SHOES wrote:
OdomX2 wrote:
KoBeLuvver wrote:

Late~[/u]

NBA legend Smush Parker was 1-for-9, and future Hall of Famer Sasha Vujacic was 1-for-7, but let's go ahead and pin the loss on six missed free throws. :roll:

Do you think it would have helped if they made those 6 free throws? Couldn't possibly hurt. :roll:
baller
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:49 pm    Post subject: Re: This is what happens when Kobe "shares" the ball

THE_SHOES wrote:
OdomX2 wrote:
KoBeLuvver wrote:

Late~[/u]

No one should argue that there where no other reasons that contributed to the loss. But players I want on my team don't miss automatic shots like that in crunch time. He throws a large portion of his dunks of the back of the rim. Regardless of how bad the night is going they still had a chance to win, and he choked. Yeah kobe was shooting poorly from the line, but he made up for that with that steal when we were on a comeback, what did smush do? Oh I remember he messed up the momentum by missing the most automatic shot in the game.
OdomX2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:50 pm    Post subject: Re: This is what happens when Kobe "shares" the ball

Zhengi wrote:
drzucchini wrote:
THE_SHOES wrote:
OdomX2 wrote:
KoBeLuvver wrote:

Late~[/u]

Do you think it would have helped if they made those 6 free throws? Couldn't possibly hurt. :roll:

This game was not lost at the free throw line. It was lost defensively, and at the point with Sasha and Smush, two guys that belong in Europe.
drzucchini
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:52 pm    Post subject: Re: This is what happens when Kobe "shares" the ball

Zhengi wrote:

Couldn't have hurt if Smush and Sasha made more than two shots combined for the entire game. I'm sure that would have produced more than six points. :roll:
Zhengi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:54 pm    Post subject: Re: This is what happens when Kobe "shares" the ball

OdomX2 wrote:
Zhengi wrote:
drzucchini wrote:
THE_SHOES wrote:
OdomX2 wrote:
KoBeLuvver wrote:

Late~[/u]

This game was not lost at the free throw line. It was lost defensively, and at the point with Sasha and Smush, two guys that belong in Europe.

If Kobe would have shot his usual percentage of 84%, which equal about 10 fts and 4 additional points, with the rest of the team making 2 more to be at 11-15, we would have won. We would have literally outscored the other team, and that's what you want from your team, even with the bad defense.

Look at the Mavs. We all make fun of their bad D, but you know what, when it comes down to winning games, at least outscoring your opponents does that.
turbulent
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:55 pm    Post subject:

next
aiel
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:55 pm    Post subject:

Joe Johnson cut the lakers up tonight, guess who was guarding him. Kobe is not blameless.
Zhengi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:56 pm    Post subject: Re: This is what happens when Kobe "shares" the ball

drzucchini wrote:
Zhengi wrote:

Couldn't have hurt if Smush and Sasha made more than two shots combined for the entire game. I'm sure that would have produced more than six points. :roll:

It sure would have, but since free throws are free points, why support 56% FT shooting? Oh yeah, right... cause it's easier for you guys to bash Kobe's teammates rather than the whole freaking team, even though it was a darn team loss. :roll:
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:58 pm    Post subject:

Zhengi wrote:
This was a bad game overall by all players. Bad defense, no rebounding, and missed free throws.

If they're not going to be play defense or rebound, at least make the darn free throws. Free points. Outscore the other team. The score was 112-110 at one point. Make 3 freaking FTs and we would have had a better chance to win.

Zhengi you gave them 3 tosses to many. That never happened. Yes, they were that bad!
OdomX2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:59 pm    Post subject: Re: This is what happens when Kobe "shares" the ball

Zhengi wrote:
OdomX2 wrote:
Zhengi wrote:
drzucchini wrote:
THE_SHOES wrote:
OdomX2 wrote:
KoBeLuvver wrote:

Late~[/u]

If Kobe would have shot his usual percentage of 84%, which equal about 10 fts and 4 additional points, with the rest of the team making 2 more to be at 11-15, we would have won. We would have literally outscored the other team, and that's what you want from your team, even with the bad defense.

Look at the Mavs. We all make fun of their bad D, but you know what, when it comes down to winning games, at least outscoring your opponents does that.

and if Kobe shot his usual 44% from the field we would have lost...or his usual 4 assists instead of 9. Are you kidding me???
loyola66
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:59 pm    Post subject:

WHY WE LOST THIS GAME= SMUSH

...and no i'm not talking about the missed dunk, I'm talking about his nonexistent defense, ughh lakers have no perimeter d whatsoever
Zhengi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:01 pm    Post subject:

THE_SHOES wrote:
Zhengi wrote:

Zhengi you gave them 3 tosses to many. That never happened. Yes, they were that bad!

Yeah, those 3 tosses were the ones I was saying they needed to make in order to be ahead of the Hawks during the final seconds. I realize that they were 15-27, which was 56%. Horrible FT shooting.
Supa
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:01 pm    Post subject:

The Lakers lost because it was layup drill for the Hawks. They might have pulled it out had a few plays gone different or more free throws been made, but it wouldn't have changed the fact that they have problems on the defensive end bigger than this one game. They'll need to address this to have a chance a making the playoffs.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: