Stu is right I'm glad we lost this one
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arsenal
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:38 pm    Post subject:

Anytime Cook gets major minutes you know it'll be a long night on the defensive end. Oh and he's useless on the boards.
Lionel The Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:40 pm    Post subject:

Can't spin this. This is the first win for the Hawks on the road against a team from the West in 2 years. 2 years? It will be a straight up crime if the best player in the league is not in the playoffs 2 years in a row.
DocK36
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:42 pm    Post subject:

eniq 0x00 wrote:
calistrtballr wrote:
Kwame Brown 10 pts 3 rebs 5 fouls

Caron Butler 27 pts 11 rebs

Jumaine Jones 18pts 8 rebs

Eh? Scoring wasn't the problem, but defense.

Oh yeah, Kwame was so dominant on defense tonight, the way he control the defensive boards. Jumaine Jones on one leg with his eyes closed would be a better defender than Luke Walton.
LA_UNION
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:23 am    Post subject:

Lakers are officially the "losing streak killers"!!! Arent Rudy T and Coach K relieved they're not coachingh the Lakers at the moment. Is Phil Jackson trying to send a message? If he is then to whom?
SQUAD UP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:25 am    Post subject:

It wouldn't surprise me if we went 5-25 to end the season. Were that bad of enough team to do so.
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:50 am    Post subject:

hahahaha we have to be the least talented team in the league, seriously now im not including kobe but the hawks have more talent , the bobcats have more talent. What we have , is kobe bryant , thats y were not laughed at an 10-52 on the year , god is it me or do u guys think this is maybe the begining off the avalanche , i dont think any of us realize what a savior the all star break is, too break this negative momentum
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:54 am    Post subject:

so, we went from winning championships (3 straight)...
...to being happy we lost to the freaking Atlanta Hawks.

Geezzzz...you're expectations are at an all-time low.

And that my friends is what we call PROGRESS.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
JayInLA
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:01 am    Post subject:

Where'd the author of this thread go? Come refute everything that's been said so far. How can you? We lost to the friggin' Hawks in OUR home court! How the (bleep) can you spin that in a positive and logical sense?
K8KillerInstinct
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:07 am    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:

None of us are happy that we lost to the Hawks. We suck thats why this thread was created.

I hope we dont make it to the playoffs. I hope we are in the top 10 lottery picks because #1 Mitch will get fired, #2 we might get a good player, #3 we will slap the 2007 plan silly, #4 we will get some good player NOW not in 07 or 08, #5 whats the point of making it to the playoffs and getting our asses whooped and then come next season, we will keep the same roster because we "made it to the playoffs."
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:13 am    Post subject:

K8KillerInstinct wrote:
Drifts wrote:

None of us are happy that we lost to the Hawks. We suck thats why this thread was created.

I hope we dont make it to the playoffs. I hope we are in the top 10 lottery picks because #1 Mitch will get fired, #2 we might get a good player, #3 we will slap the 2007 plan silly, #4 we will get some good player NOW not in 07 or 08, #5 whats the point of making it to the playoffs and getting our asses whooped and then come next season, we will keep the same roster because we "made it to the playoffs."

No, lottery or not we are keeping the roster...if the 2007/2008 dream plan is still intact, we won't be signing anyone of actual value next off-season. Expect Mckie/Divac type of guys to be signed to 1 year contracts. So the best thing right now is to make changes (via trade) and make the playoffs. No other way, right or left.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
Van-Exel26
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:17 am    Post subject:

I can't agree with Stu at all. If they didn't learn from the Portland loss, they're not going to learn after this loss.
gill2k
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 4:32 am    Post subject:

Well, according to Mitch, it seems like McKie will be our savior this season.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 4:48 am    Post subject:

Ridiculous. When are we going to stop saying, "THIS is the loss that will turn things around for us"? It's like after every heartbreaking loss we say, "Ok they have to learn from THIS one". I'm sorry to say, but this is as good as it gets. This team will be extremely lucky to make the Playoffs. We are at .500, ONLY because we have Kobe Bryant. We must face reality, no matter how ugly it is.
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 5:38 am    Post subject:

dadliboi wrote:
Ridiculous. When are we going to stop saying, "THIS is the loss that will turn things around for us"? It's like after every heartbreaking loss we say, "Ok they have to learn from THIS one". I'm sorry to say, but this is as good as it gets. This team will be extremely lucky to make the Playoffs. We are at .500, ONLY because we have Kobe Bryant. We must face reality, no matter how ugly it is.

That's just not true. The Lakers right now are losing to teams that they should beat... because they aren't playing any defense, and they aren't hitting wide open shots. Sasha Vujajic is a very good three point shooter, said to be their best in practice. Yet he can't throw a pea in the ocean in a game. Smush Parker is too good of an athlete to miss a wide open dunk at the end of the game, or to go 1-4 free throw shooting (on a 1-9 shooting night) for that matter. He's too quick to just let players walk to the basket at will. Kwame Brown is a better player than he is showing. I won't even get into Luke Walton.

The Lakers at one time were one of the better defensive teams in the league, and now they are giving up massive amounts of points to anyone they play and losing consistantly to teams who they should beat. It wasn't that long ago that people were talking #3 seed in the west and western conference finals, not only fans on these boards, but sportswriters. This team should be a #6 seed IMO.

How quickly we forget the Lakers shining in the most difficult stretch of their season, and now heading into the gravy part of it they are blowing the momentum they had.

This isn't as good as this team is. This is a Lakers team that is underachieving.
targetman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:07 am    Post subject:

Frankly I am not expecting to make the playoffs anymore. The gravy part is always the part we have had trouble with. We are consistently weak against weak teams and have shown no evidence that we have learned how to win those games. Without veteran leadership we are sinking fast, and to pin our hopes on the experience of Mckie, the talent of Kobe, or the smarts of Walton to keep us from going into a tailspin is at best unrealistic and at worse incompetent.
Sage_10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:47 am    Post subject:

targetman wrote:
Frankly I am not expecting to make the playoffs anymore. The gravy part is always the part we have had trouble with. We are consistently weak against weak teams and have shown no evidence that we have learned how to win those games. Without veteran leadership we are sinking fast, and to pin our hopes on the experience of Mckie, the talent of Kobe, or the smarts of Walton to keep us from going into a tailspin is at best unrealistic and at worse incompetent.

I hear you man but this team needs to lose these games so they learn to develop a defensive identity. I personally blame PJ. He is the type of coach that likes player to figure things out for themselves I'm sure he doesn't dedicate as much time to individual defensive assignments as he should. But I'm not there so you never know.
BigE32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:09 am    Post subject:

To play defense requires effort, hustle, communication, and pride. These are characteristics that we don't possess at the present time.

Last edited by BigE32 on Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:15 am; edited 1 time in total
RJBaca
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:14 am    Post subject:

jwbrown77 wrote:
This team's defense has collapsed.

They should be embarrased for allowing 114 points at home to the Hawks. If they have any pride at all, they'll show up with a better showing next time out.

This team may not be a title contender, but they are not crap talent wise. They just don't bring it on the defensive end for 48 minutes each and every game like they should. We have seen them play great D, so we know they can do it. But when they get into a funk, they end up allowing lay-ups and typically allow at least one young player to have a career night.

This team lacks discipline and pride. A bigger defecit than lacking talent.
HoopsLA
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:18 am    Post subject:

I love the spins people put on these losses. These guys are professionals, they get paid a ton of money to perform at their peaks. The only play 82 games a year. One would think they would bring it for the majority of the game.

I can understand a let down once in a while, but we lose to teams who haven't won in weeks and are the arm pit of the NBA.

There is nothing good about losses, unless expectations are so low that coming close is good enough. The Lakers stink right now, save for Kobe, but as is being proven, he can't do it alone.

Kwame - a bust so far
Odom - OK - He will never he a superstar, but is steady and a good all around player (not great)
Mimh - Like him, but not spectacular
Smush - Plays well, but way too inconsistent

You just don't know what you are going to get game to game with all the Lakers except Kobe, that is the problem.

All the great teams know what they are getting. Detroit, San Antonio - they know what Billups, Hamilton, Wallace will give them every night. SA know what Ginobli, Duncan and Parker will give them every night.

Right now the Lakers haven't a clue what Kwame, Smush, Mimh, Lamar, George, Cook or anyone is going to give them.
RJBaca
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:30 am    Post subject: Re: Stu is right I'm glad we lost this one

hisairness#8 wrote:
With this loss we go to the all star break 500. I dont mind this one because now the Lakes got motivation now it's time to look at themselves in the mirror and say who are we as a team? are we going to the lottery or the playoffs? They got 5 days to think about this and I think after the all star break this team will go on a long win streak one that will prove the doubters wrong and make the playoffs as the Pacific Division winners you can Book this because I can promise you that KOBE BRYANT will put them on his back and win and make his teamates better by sharing his desire and will with his teamates. Now the real season begins

Off the top of my head;

Embarrased by Charloett - did not motivate them,
Embarassed by Sac in final mintutes - did not motivate them,
Embarassed by Grisslys in final mintutes - did not motivate them,
Embarassed by NO/OK - did not motivate them,
Embarassed by Utah twice - did not motivate them,
Embarassed by the Bulls ealry, did not motovate them,

The only thing this pattern will provide is something the team can look back on and say "what if" during their vacation in June.
GameCock-MD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:48 am    Post subject:

JimmyPage wrote:
My hope is that this loss shames and scares the front office into making a deal. This roster has proven itself to be what it is, a yo-yo, up and down .500 team, maybe a little better if they clamp down and focus (which is an inherent problem with this team).

jim155
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:01 am    Post subject:

LAL25 wrote:
Magic couldn't win with this crap.
Kareem couldn't win with this crap.
Bird couldn't win with this crap.
Jordan couldn't win with this crap.
Shaq couldn't win with this crap.
Duncan couldn't win with this crap.

Kobe can't win with this crap.

Jerry, please do something. 'Cause god, you can't win with this crap.

we suck as a team, the whole orgnization suck right now.
jim155
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:05 am    Post subject: Re: Stu is right I'm glad we lost this one

RJBaca wrote:
hisairness#8 wrote:
With this loss we go to the all star break 500. I dont mind this one because now the Lakes got motivation now it's time to look at themselves in the mirror and say who are we as a team? are we going to the lottery or the playoffs? They got 5 days to think about this and I think after the all star break this team will go on a long win streak one that will prove the doubters wrong and make the playoffs as the Pacific Division winners you can Book this because I can promise you that KOBE BRYANT will put them on his back and win and make his teamates better by sharing his desire and will with his teamates. Now the real season begins

Off the top of my head;

Embarrased by Charloett - did not motivate them,
Embarassed by Sac in final mintutes - did not motivate them,
Embarassed by Grisslys in final mintutes - did not motivate them,
Embarassed by NO/OK - did not motivate them,
Embarassed by Utah twice - did not motivate them,
Embarassed by the Bulls ealry, did not motovate them,

The only thing this pattern will provide is something the team can look back on and say "what if" during their vacation in June.

everybody gets used to losing. how many prime years in kobe will we have?
LakersPimp
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:17 am    Post subject:

Once again...i look at this game and my anger comes from not only the players...but PHIL....When the lakers have a huge lead...he puts Luke in the game...puts sasha in the game....ride the hot hand. He seems like he refuses to do that. The refs didnt call any fouls on the Hawks down the stretch...and Kobe was gambling. The lakers as a team missed way too many free throws....it was their game to lose...and they lost it!
Fansince88
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:45 am    Post subject:

I still can't believe we lost! How??? What the heck? WE LOST to the Hawks!! I don't think this loss is a good thing. It might be a confidence breaker. Winning bring cohesion, unity, trust, and happiness. Losing to the Hawks bring a lot bad stuffs! I can't see anything positive out of it... although Kwame did seems to had a good game.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: