Stu is right I'm glad we lost this one
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fansince88
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:49 am    Post subject:

I think I know why we lost now. Just looking at the stats now, Hawks outrebounded Lakers 42-25. We must be really missing Cris.
dadliboi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:58 am    Post subject:

J.C. Smith wrote:
dadliboi wrote:
Ridiculous. When are we going to stop saying, "THIS is the loss that will turn things around for us"? It's like after every heartbreaking loss we say, "Ok they have to learn from THIS one". I'm sorry to say, but this is as good as it gets. This team will be extremely lucky to make the Playoffs. We are at .500, ONLY because we have Kobe Bryant. We must face reality, no matter how ugly it is.

That's just not true. The Lakers right now are losing to teams that they should beat... because they aren't playing any defense, and they aren't hitting wide open shots. Sasha Vujajic is a very good three point shooter, said to be their best in practice. Yet he can't throw a pea in the ocean in a game. Smush Parker is too good of an athlete to miss a wide open dunk at the end of the game, or to go 1-4 free throw shooting (on a 1-9 shooting night) for that matter. He's too quick to just let players walk to the basket at will. Kwame Brown is a better player than he is showing. I won't even get into Luke Walton.

The Lakers at one time were one of the better defensive teams in the league, and now they are giving up massive amounts of points to anyone they play and losing consistantly to teams who they should beat. It wasn't that long ago that people were talking #3 seed in the west and western conference finals, not only fans on these boards, but sportswriters. This team should be a #6 seed IMO.

How quickly we forget the Lakers shining in the most difficult stretch of their season, and now heading into the gravy part of it they are blowing the momentum they had.

This isn't as good as this team is. This is a Lakers team that is underachieving.

I hear what you're saying, but it's time we stop giving these guys a free pass based on what "potential" they might have. You suggest that Kwame, Smush, Sasha and Walton are better than what they're showing. They very well might be better, BUT they're not showing us. Maybe they just don't have what it takes mentaly. The talent may be there, but I'm not seeing it on a consistent basis.

Like someone else pointed out, we just don't know what we'll get from these guys on a game to game basis. They've had more than half of a season to figure out the triangle offense, and to figure out exactly what they need to do to become an adequate supporting cast for Kobe. At this point, only Mihm and Cook have shown any progress. These two guys are starting to learn to feed off the opportunities created by Kobe, and you can plainly see it in their play.

We're past the halfway point now, and my patience has run out. No more excuses.
vvbandit
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:58 am    Post subject:

Our team sucks, and thats about the end of it. Phil is a great coach but the man isnt Jesus (I wasnt sure during his earlier run with us 00-04) IMO this team will never rise above 3-4 games above .500 but the most definately can go 5-8 under .500. I had to really understand that this team cant go anywhere with the squad as is. Now the L's dont hurt as much and the W's dont mean as much. I used to get excited about watching the games, but they really arent even fun to watch anymore. I find myself more angry than anything else, but eventually you get used to the crap. What a freaking waste of kobes talent, I guess God was listening to me when I said "please give us game 7 against Sac in Sacramento and the Lakers can suck for ten years"
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: