***Minnesota Timberwolves vs Los Angeles Lakers - 12/25/17 Christmas Day Game***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:14 pm    Post subject:

BizLA wrote:
Shame on Luke for not leaving at least 1 scorer on the bench.

only had 1
trashcan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

mhan00 wrote:
trashcan wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:
trashcan wrote:
Randle practically benched himself in the first half tbf

Is that u Luke?

http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=183675&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=150

Here what lg had to say about randle in the first half. It was all negative

Recency bias is insane when you guys can't even look an hour into the past

What does Randle’s first half have to do with the second? I get why he didn’t play in the first half, but he did well in the second and was still benched even though it was Brewer Caruso and Ennis who hurt us, not Randle.

I do think randle could play a full 18 min half from the 6 min mark in the 3rd to the end of the game, and I thought he should. But it also makes sense to give him a breather after a 9 min rotation to come back with 6 mins left but there wasn't a stoppage for a while to pit him back in. Like I don't find anything really egregious here
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

BizLA wrote:
adkindo wrote:
BizLA wrote:
Cant wait til clarkson and randle are gone.

Couple of idiots.

Kuzma Ball Ingram & Hart the only players worth a sh-t on this team

hmmm...

in 54 Minutes, Clarkson and Randle combined for 33 Points / 9 Assists / 13 Rebounds / 4 Steals

in an average of 69 MPG, Ball and Ingram combine for 26 Points / 10 Assists / 12 Rebounds / 2 Steals

I couldn't care less about any of these meaningless stats. Guys like Clarkson and Randle are not good for a basketball team. Low IQ ball hogs.

meaningless stats

irony in its purest
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Memphis is 10-23 this year...We get them on a b2b in a couple days. Need to win that.
Truck Turner
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:15 pm    Post subject:

BizLA wrote:
adkindo wrote:
BizLA wrote:

Couple of idiots.

hmmm...

in 54 Minutes, Clarkson and Randle combined for 33 Points / 9 Assists / 13 Rebounds / 4 Steals

in an average of 69 MPG, Ball and Ingram combine for 26 Points / 10 Assists / 12 Rebounds / 2 Steals

I couldn't care less about any of these meaningless stats. Guys like Clarkson and Randle are not good for a basketball team. Low IQ ball hogs.

Every advanced stat shows that Randle IS good for this team, the team generally performs better and wins more when he's on the floor. And calling Randle a ball hog is just lazy and disingenuous at this point.
BizLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:16 pm    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
Memphis is 10-23 this year...We get them on a b2b in a couple days. Need to win that.

Probably the only game we have a chance at winning because you know we can never beat the Clippers for whatever reason.
laker84
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

One thing I really got from this game is that the Lakers really need to find a pass-first point guard to back up Zo. Caruso is the best we got at that but sometimes he can be selfish as hell.
BizLA
Star Player
Star Player

Truck Turner wrote:
BizLA wrote:
adkindo wrote:
BizLA wrote:

Couple of idiots.

hmmm...

Every advanced stat shows that Randle IS good for this team, the team generally performs better and wins more when he's on the floor. And calling Randle a ball hog is just lazy and disingenuous at this point.

If Randle's so great explain why he's the first guy they wanna trade.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

BizLA wrote:
leor_77 wrote:

Probably the only game we have a chance at winning because you know we can never beat the Clippers for whatever reason.

biggest games of the year for Doc
trashcan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:17 pm    Post subject:

BizLA wrote:
Truck Turner wrote:
BizLA wrote:
adkindo wrote:
BizLA wrote:

Couple of idiots.

hmmm...

He's gonna demand a big contract
BizLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:18 pm    Post subject:

trashcan wrote:
BizLA wrote:
Truck Turner wrote:
BizLA wrote:
adkindo wrote:
BizLA wrote:

Couple of idiots.

hmmm...

Ok point proven- he's not worth it.
BizLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:19 pm    Post subject:

Randle will go to another team and put up 15 & 8 for the next couple years but some Laker fans swear he's so great
Mirjalovic
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:19 pm    Post subject:

BizLA wrote:

If Paul George and DeMarcus Cousins so great why their original teams trade them ?

Last edited by Mirjalovic on Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:20 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
adkindo wrote:
people taking shots at Clarkson....he definitely did not shoot well @ 35%...but if Lonzo shoots 35% and puts up 17 Points, 6 Rebounds, 7 Assists, 4 Steals with only 2 TO's....LG would mostly be celebratory

Westbrook puts up even more amazing lines on a regular basis that usually are empty stats. If Kuzma is hot, Lonzo would get 10 plus assists and at least ten to twelve shots would have been distributed to someone more efficient than 33%. The only time Lonzo scores 17, is if he's hot... that's the difference... with the amount of shots Clarkson took, you need him to shoot closer to 45%. Clarkson and Brewer also made some really wild drives which you expect from Lonzo, but not from older vets. It wouldn't have been a disaster if he were in his typical role... but we needed him to take up the slack of Ingram, so it hurt to have such an inefficient high usage player out on the court.

I disagree with much of what you say in this post....Clarksons shot was not falling....no defending that, but they were clean shots.....the line about Lonzo would have gotten more assists....even though he only averages 7 is not logical in my opinion. Kuzma shot 44%...who else was supposed to be scoring/putting up shots? Clarksons shot was not going in...it happens.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

The God Particle wrote:
chantruong wrote:
I can see Luke getting fired if we lose the rest of the games this year.

I don't thin Luke will be fired any time this year, but.. I think it's time they're start closely assessing what he's bringing to the table.

We practically hit 3 home-runs (yes, we did) with our draft picks this year with all contributing to the team. Yet here we are sitting with a .333 winning percentage now 10 games under .500.

No one can possibly say that we are not disappointingly under performing this year. We're definitely playing on the bottom end of our potential.

We aren’t underperforming, we are on pace with most predictions.
The_Dynasty24
Star Player
Star Player

adkindo wrote:
The_Dynasty24 wrote:
JC is a scorer, if he's not scoring well he doesn't bring much to the table. Lonzo impacts the entire offense so much more, I don't think it's comparable. Lonzo on a bad shooting night still makes the Lakers better, the same can't be said for JC.

And I'm not even trying to hate on JC, he just doesn't have the same feel for the game that Lonzo does.

how do you post this when the guy just recorded 7 Assists, 6 Rebounds and 4 Steals?
JC doesn't typically have that many assists though, and as far as I can remember several of his assists came after he pounded the ball for a significant amount of the shot clock and needed a bailout dump off pass.

Did you think JC played well today? Regardless of his assist total, it seemed to me like he was being a ball stopper out there. If you had a different point of view I'm open to listening, not trying to blindly hate on him.
BizLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:21 pm    Post subject:

Mirjalovic wrote:
BizLA wrote:

If Paul George and DeMarcus Cousins so great why their original teams trade him ?

Because no one wants to come and play for Indiana or Sacramento, and 1 guy doesn't lead a team to success in todays day in age.
Truck Turner
Star Player
Star Player

BizLA wrote:
trashcan wrote:
BizLA wrote:
Truck Turner wrote:
BizLA wrote:
adkindo wrote:
BizLA wrote:

Couple of idiots.

hmmm...

The thing is he's showing he's worth a big contract, but the Lakers need as much cap space as possible for their 2 Max player plan.
fontana3d
Star Player
Star Player

Guys we got a bigger problem we are sliding in the standings which means the Celtics could get our pick if it falls between 2-5 and we have the 7th worse record.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:22 pm    Post subject:

BizLA wrote:
Truck Turner wrote:
BizLA wrote:
adkindo wrote:
BizLA wrote:

Couple of idiots.

hmmm...

Magic has no background in assembling a team or assessing talent, but he does have a huge ego and expects to take shortcuts to success cuz "Showtime"?
BizLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:23 pm    Post subject:

Truck Turner wrote:
BizLA wrote:
trashcan wrote:
BizLA wrote:
Truck Turner wrote:
BizLA wrote:
adkindo wrote:
BizLA wrote:

Couple of idiots.

hmmm...

The thing is he's showing he's worth a big contract, but the Lakers need as much cap space as possible for their 2 Max player plan.

6'9" can't shoot and gets bullied on the boards... I disagree. To each his own.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:24 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
BizLA wrote:
Truck Turner wrote:
BizLA wrote:
adkindo wrote:
BizLA wrote:

Couple of idiots.

hmmm...

Magic has no background in assembling a team or assessing talent, but he does have a huge ego and expects to take shortcuts to success cuz "Showtime"?

ding ding ding
BizLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:25 pm    Post subject:

It's not Randle's fault tho. It's Jim and Mitch. Everyone knew Randle would be nothing but a 15 & 10 guy at BEST.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:26 pm    Post subject:

Spectrum smelling skunk in the studio...Snoop must be around
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:26 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
adkindo wrote:
people taking shots at Clarkson....he definitely did not shoot well @ 35%...but if Lonzo shoots 35% and puts up 17 Points, 6 Rebounds, 7 Assists, 4 Steals with only 2 TO's....LG would mostly be celebratory

Westbrook puts up even more amazing lines on a regular basis that usually are empty stats. If Kuzma is hot, Lonzo would get 10 plus assists and at least ten to twelve shots would have been distributed to someone more efficient than 33%. The only time Lonzo scores 17, is if he's hot... that's the difference... with the amount of shots Clarkson took, you need him to shoot closer to 45%. Clarkson and Brewer also made some really wild drives which you expect from Lonzo, but not from older vets. It wouldn't have been a disaster if he were in his typical role... but we needed him to take up the slack of Ingram, so it hurt to have such an inefficient high usage player out on the court.

I disagree with much of what you say in this post....Clarksons shot was not falling....no defending that, but they were clean shots.....the line about Lonzo would have gotten more assists....even though he only averages 7 is not logical in my opinion. Kuzma shot 44%...who else was supposed to be scoring/putting up shots? Clarksons shot was not going in...it happens.

My point is no way Lonzo puts up 24 shots if it's not going down... he'd seek other targets which if you look at the box score were shooting over 45%. So if he only took 12 shots and passed 12 times and they went down 45% there might be 4 to 5 more assists. True some might have been hockey assists, but he usually gets closer to ten if he plays a lot of minutes. I got your point... but Clarkson, Brewer, and KCP made heartbreaking rally killing plays that should be done by rookies not vets.

Last edited by Sentient Meat on Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 28 of 30
Jump to: