LA Call of Duty Swatter leads to death of an innocent father
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:36 am    Post subject:

Most cops are not big thinkers. They tend to be rigid types incapable of doing anything other than following orders and mindlessly enforcing laws, many of which (such as marijuana for instance) are ludicrous and outdated.

When you have guys sitting around playing with their guns all day, when they finally get called out on something, they are looking to shoot first and ask questions later.

And why not? There is never any accountability, the jackass who shot the unarmed woman in Minnesota because he "heard a noise" is still on the force.

Put a couple of these bozos in jail for manslaughter and you might see the rules of engagement change. Until then, business as usual murdering innocent civilians and still collecting your salary and pension on the taxpayer dole.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:24 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote
Quote:
Most cops are not big thinkers
That's lumping and not fair. I'll admit bias having a son on the force. Most is to encompassing.

Quote:
When you have guys sitting around playing with their guns all day, when they finally get called out on something, they are looking to shoot first and ask questions later.

There is a segment that do sit and wait, ready to pull the trigger without much thought. To show and prove, mostly to themselves, they're ready for the call to duty.

Quote:
And why not? There is never any accountability, the jackass who shot the unarmed woman in Minnesota because he "heard a noise" is still on the force.

This has to change. Those at the top of the chain have to be held accountable for their charges. The charges have to be properly disciplined to a degree that will cause a change in the way they interact with the community and use force. Rules of engagement re-written and enforced.

Quote:
Put a couple of these bozos in jail for manslaughter and you might see the rules of engagement change. Until then, business as usual murdering innocent civilians and still collecting your salary and pension on the taxpayer dole.

I agree. If they're jailed, put into the population, the thought of that happening may result in more thought given before pulling the trigger.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:33 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
What bothers me is he only "made a move toward his waist." I don't know SWAT procedure. It would make sense to actually see a weapon before firing. I assume there were many guns trained on a man following instructions. Where was the imminent danger?

If you wait to see a weapon then someone could be dead.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:40 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
jodeke wrote:
What bothers me is he only "made a move toward his waist." I don't know SWAT procedure. It would make sense to actually see a weapon before firing. I assume there were many guns trained on a man following instructions. Where was the imminent danger?

so just shoot everybody
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:49 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
jodeke wrote:

So a man coming to a door hands in the air should be shot because he made a move towards his waist?

You have multiple SWAT officers with guns trained on a perp. Spotting a weapon before firing should be stored in Rules Of Engagement. This rifle is equipped with sights that will allow weapon identification

Take your hand go to your waist, pull a gun. LINK There's enough time to see and identify a weapon. There's not enough time to see if the weapon is real but if a person makes the move with a toy or replica, he/she may get a wish fulfilled, Suicide By Police.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:58 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

LOL, yeah right.....
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:08 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

LOL, yeah right.....

He sounds like some senior citizen on the jury that always acquits cops
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:09 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

LOL, yeah right.....

I wonder what the Grand Jury said to each other about the officer that killed Eric Garner

They refused to even bring charges..
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:49 pm    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

LOL, yeah right.....

I wonder what the Grand Jury said to each other about the officer that killed Eric Garner

They refused to even bring charges..

Not that the GJ was correct, but Garner wasn’t a shooting.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:45 pm    Post subject:

Hope the swatter gets charged with making false reports and is at least held responsible for his part in the tragedy.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: