the Grateful Dead
Goto page Previous  1, 2

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 21 Feb 2008
Posts: 25793

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:29 am    Post subject:

What're ya'll's opinions on John Mayer
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 Oct 2001
Posts: 41405

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:23 pm    Post subject:

Don Draper wrote:
What're ya'll's opinions on John Mayer


Fantastic guitarist, very good singer....not a great songwriter, but it doesn't matter when he is playing with Dead and Company as they have plenty of songs.
_________________
Love, Laker Lanny
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PHILosophize
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 05 Nov 2012
Posts: 7702

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:03 pm    Post subject:

the Dark Star on Dick's Picks 2 is INSANE
_________________
one dog goes that way the other dog goes the other way
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 29 Jul 2004
Posts: 3016
Location: Mukdahan, Thailand

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:52 am    Post subject:

https://youtu.be/if79C_aN3ps

Stella Blue Winterland March 20, 1977.
Jerry once said Stella Blue was his favorite Dead song.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger Reply with quote
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 Oct 2001
Posts: 41405

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:32 pm    Post subject:

ExPatLkrFan wrote:
https://youtu.be/if79C_aN3ps

Stella Blue Winterland March 20, 1977.
Jerry once said Stella Blue was his favorite Dead song.


Good version, one of my favorite Dead songs.

Below is my favorite all time version of Sugar Magnolia:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQMO8tTtlv0
_________________
Love, Laker Lanny
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 29 Jul 2004
Posts: 3016
Location: Mukdahan, Thailand

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:31 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
ExPatLkrFan wrote:
https://youtu.be/if79C_aN3ps

Stella Blue Winterland March 20, 1977.
Jerry once said Stella Blue was his favorite Dead song.


Good version, one of my favorite Dead songs.

Below is my favorite all time version of Sugar Magnolia:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQMO8tTtlv0


Thanks Lanny caught myself grinning about a third of the way thru. How can you listen to that and not get a smile on your face?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger Reply with quote
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 Oct 2001
Posts: 41405

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:03 pm    Post subject:

ExPatLkrFan wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
ExPatLkrFan wrote:
https://youtu.be/if79C_aN3ps

Stella Blue Winterland March 20, 1977.
Jerry once said Stella Blue was his favorite Dead song.


Good version, one of my favorite Dead songs.

Below is my favorite all time version of Sugar Magnolia:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQMO8tTtlv0


Thanks Lanny caught myself grinning about a third of the way thru. How can you listen to that and not get a smile on your face?


I agree, it always makes me happy when I hear that song.....classic Bobby Weir rocker that they would often play following Stella Blue which is what reminded me of it.

In fact, they played Stella Blue that night (10/19/1981) right before Sugar Magnolia

Here is the setlist and audio if you are interested, great show from the 1981 European Tour:

https://archive.org/details/gd81-10-19.sbd.macdonald.7914.sbeok.shnf
_________________
Love, Laker Lanny
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 29 Jul 2004
Posts: 3016
Location: Mukdahan, Thailand

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:23 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
ExPatLkrFan wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
ExPatLkrFan wrote:
https://youtu.be/if79C_aN3ps

Stella Blue Winterland March 20, 1977.
Jerry once said Stella Blue was his favorite Dead song.


Good version, one of my favorite Dead songs.

Below is my favorite all time version of Sugar Magnolia:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQMO8tTtlv0


Thanks Lanny caught myself grinning about a third of the way thru. How can you listen to that and not get a smile on your face?


I agree, it always makes me happy when I hear that song.....classic Bobby Weir rocker that they would often play following Stella Blue which is what reminded me of it.

In fact, they played Stella Blue that night (10/19/1981) right before Sugar Magnolia

Here is the setlist and audio if you are interested, great show from the 1981 European Tour:

https://archive.org/details/gd81-10-19.sbd.macdonald.7914.sbeok.shnf


Thanks I gave it a sample and downloaded the whole thing!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger Reply with quote
ribeye
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 Nov 2001
Posts: 8101

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:25 am    Post subject:

If not the best thing "they" did, this LP is right up there. Almost everything on this did become a staple of the Dead's live stuff. Though the beginning of side two sounds like it was written by Barrett, Gilmore, and Waters, instead of Garcia and Kreutzmann, the last three shift back, culminating with the quintessential Dead song, The Wheel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqauQmyDxjc
_________________
For the adults in the room only
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB