Jahlil Okafor

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:15 pm    Post subject: Jahlil Okafor

Jahlil Okafor will get limited minutes tomorrow for the Nets. I'm anxious to see if my belief he didn't want to play in Phlly is true. Really want to see Jahlil and Dlo on the floor together.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:54 am    Post subject:

So, your theory is that Okafor tanked in Philly because he knew his career would be better off getting out of there at all costs?

So, he drove his value from multiple millions down to the vet minimum, just so he would NOT have to play in Philly?

yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:29 am    Post subject:

Oak needs to wake up and realize he's not a star caliber player. He will have to reestablish his value, and FIGHT to get to what Monroe/Kanter have now. He's not going to be the centerpiece of any team and he can't act accordingly. Things like "hustling" and playing hard will be how he gets back into this league.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:52 am    Post subject:

Wino wrote:
So, your theory is that Okafor tanked in Philly because he knew his career would be better off getting out of there at all costs?

So, he drove his value from multiple millions down to the vet minimum, just so he would NOT have to play in Philly?

NO I never said or thought he tanked in Philly because he knew his career would be better off getting out of there at all costs

My theory is he didn't want to play in Philly and he didn't give a 100% effort. He wanted to be a Laker, Jim Buss didn't make that happen.

I believe we would have seen a different player if the Lakers had drafted him instead of D'Angelo Russell. Talk about irony, they ended up playing on the same team. Wouldn't it be a hoot if they both excelled!

I'll be watching him. I think we'll see a different Jahlil. I don't think he'll be a superstar just a better player.

yinoma is more in line with my assessment of Oak. Two very good comparisons in Kanter and Monroe.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:40 am; edited 1 time in total
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:57 am    Post subject:

Oak often played like he thought the team was built around HIM. That is clearly not the case and he has to understand that if he wants another contract in the NBA.
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:38 am    Post subject:

He will have to beat Tyler Zeller for minutes. Jarrett Allen is their starting C for the future and RHJ is playing really well at PF. Nets develop their players well so it's better if he sticks with them as FA this summer.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:46 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Oak often played like he thought the team was built around HIM. That is clearly not the case and he has to understand that if he wants another contract in the NBA.

I agree. He has a chance to prove his worth. He'll make or break on this team. If he shows a Philly effort he'll become a journeyman.

Oak's only 22. I'm pulling for him. I wanted him here instead of Russell.

Side note;
Jarrett Allen gotta hit the weight room. He's only 234, little light in the keester.

Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:29 am    Post subject:

saetarubia wrote:
He will have to beat Tyler Zeller for minutes. Jarrett Allen is their starting C for the future and RHJ is playing really well at PF. Nets develop their players well so it's better if he sticks with them as FA this summer.

I have to think the Nets are thinking frontcourt again with the Toronto 1st, and some intriguing bigs may fall into the late-20s in such a PF/C heavy draft like Mitchell Robinson, Brandon McCoy, Killian Tillie, Jontay Porter, or Goga Bitadze.

We'll see, but Okafor looks like he's going to need to beat out Zeller for a spot next season.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: