Hypothetical: Would you trade Lonzo or Ingram for a Top 5 Pick in 2018 Draft?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:54 pm    Post subject:

Definitely Ingram. I do think Lonzo is a generational talent, though, and it'd be a risky proposition to trade him for potential, even if higher than his own. Hard to turn down Doncic, though. Lonzo and Doncic together would be absolutely insane, by the way.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:54 pm    Post subject:

Hypothetical, would any team trade a top 5 pick for Ingram or Ball?
AshesToAshes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:56 pm    Post subject:

Yes they would and no i wouldnt.

True or false... the league is full of scorers?

true or false... the league is full of teams looking for pieces that make their scorers more effective?

True or false... it's easier for us to find/sign scorers than a legit PG to make it work?
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:57 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
I don't know enough about this draft class, so I don't know about Lonzo.
Ingram? In a heartbeat.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:57 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

Ingram -- unlikely

Ball -- maybe for #4 or #5
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:58 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:
Ingram yep

Lonzo maybe

Adding Doncic, Ayton, or Young to Lonzo and Kuzma would be pretty sweet.

Adding Doncic, Ayton, or Bagley to Ingram and Kuzma would be pretty sweet also....

Less sweet, though.

must have different taste buds
bandiger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:58 pm    Post subject:

Ingram yes, Ball no.
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:04 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

Good question. Right now probably no, maybe if the pick was in the 6-10 range.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:06 pm    Post subject:

Hell no. NO MORE DEVELOPMENT!! I am sick and tired of watching garbage ass basketball. The last thing we need is another young ass bambi body rookie that needs 3-4 years to pan out. Id rather trade Ingram for a proven 3D starter I wouldn't trade Lonzo at all.
AshesToAshes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:07 pm    Post subject:

ingram is what i call a hunter (versus gatherer). He's hunting for what he eats which means different looks almost every shot. the play for him isn't "get to the spot and shoot"... it's "get to the spot, then create".

The progress he's made while still being undersized but now absorbing contact pretty amazing. as he adds size, his ability to score will stay but the contact will be less effective. He's scary for his age/size. lb-for-lb if you like.

And i consider this his rookie year personally. Jimbo was negligent, his training staff had a mantra of "let it happen naturally".

Give ingram 3 years under scrutiny/expectations and see what happens. Same goes for JR who solved his weight issues in less than an offseason - suddenly after a couple years in the league.
LakesGnrLake
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:07 pm    Post subject:

This loop of thinking where u trade in a year old player for a new younger shiny player is getting old. Let players develop. We have a solid core. Just let them get some time together to grow and get better.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:11 pm    Post subject:

No but i would traded Deng for one
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

https://www.si.com/nba/2017/11/13/nba-draft-marvin-bagley-deandre-ayton-michael-porter-luka-doncic-champions-classic

Quote:
Where the 2018 draft does get fun: we have a real, wide race for the No. 1 pick, and 5 prospects that stand pretty clearly above the rest.

Any one of Marvin Bagley, DeAndre Ayton, Luka Doncic, Michael Porter and Mohamed Bamba would have had a chance to go No. 1 in last year’s very-good draft.

That alone should tell you something, and yes, tanking teams are set to reap the rewards. Opinions are mixed when it comes to ranking those five players, but the field alone will make this entertaining.

Some wide praise by SI regarding this 2018 draft class.

If all 5 of them had a chance at being picked #1 last season, that would put Fultz at #6, Ball at #7, Tatum at #8.... etc.

Last edited by Jordan-esque on Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

Jordan-esque wrote:
Nashlight wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:
How good or deep is the 2018 draft class compared to last years?

Just started watching highlights of Trae Young thanks to ESPN's coverage of him.

A freshman PG averaging 29.7 points, 10.7 assists, shooting like Steph Curry and breaking NCAA records as I type is really impressive. Then I look onto the mock drafts and see he's only ranked 6th!

If he was in 2017, where would he rank?

Probably 1st, above Fultz for sure. His team is also 12-1 right now so that helps his draft stock because it shows he's a winner and not just a stats stuffer.

In that case.... probably. But let me go watch some of the higher picks like Doncic aka "Euro LeBron". If he can be anything like Ben Simmons then I would be tempted to hypotheticaly trade into this draft.

Man the hyping of the unknown is a little ridiculous. Doncic is nothing like Lebron or Simmons because first off, he is a lot shorter than both of those guys and secondly he is about as athletic as DLO. If we drafted him and he had a few games were he got abused on defense because he is un-athletic the board would turn on him.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:12 pm    Post subject:

LakesGnrLake wrote:
This loop of thinking where u trade in a year old player for a new younger shiny player is getting old. Let players develop. We have a solid core. Just let them get some time together to grow and get better.

This
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:14 pm    Post subject:

LakesGnrLake wrote:

Agreed. Either let this core keep developing or trade them for a proven player. No more young rookies that need 3-4 years to be impact players. Doing that just keeps setting us back another year.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:14 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

I would guess there is a 0% chance any team would even remotely consider Ball or Ingram for a 2018 Top #5 draft pick. Neither player would go Top 5 this year.....or at least I am pretty confident that is true for 29 teams. Some teams would probably at least have a conversation about Ball around #6 or #7...and Ingram around #7 or #8 is my guess.

Just consider the top PG's in this draft....Young and Sexton. Does anyone think a team would consider UCLA Lonzo better than Oklahoma Trae Young? I personally do not think so. I think there would be debate about UCLA Lonzo and Alabama Sexton....and similar to the Lonzo-Fox debate, it depends on what type of PG your looking for, but I would expect most teams to go with UCLA Lonzo.

Then in regards to SF, I think every team would choose Slovenia Doncic and High School/Mizzou Porter (if healthy) over Duke Ingram. Then teams would probably have differing opinions on Duke Ingram, MSU Bridges, Nova Bridges, and UK Knox.

Finally you would have to think Arizona Ayton and Duke Bagley would get drafted ahead of both....and some may even take MSU Jackson and Texas Bamba over one or both of them.

At a minimum, that would put 5 players ahead of Ball (maybe up to 7-8), and 6 players ahead of Ingram (maybe 8-10).
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:19 pm    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:
https://www.si.com/nba/2017/11/13/nba-draft-marvin-bagley-deandre-ayton-michael-porter-luka-doncic-champions-classic

Quote:
Where the 2018 draft does get fun: we have a real, wide race for the No. 1 pick, and 5 prospects that stand pretty clearly above the rest.

Any one of Marvin Bagley, DeAndre Ayton, Luka Doncic, Michael Porter and Mohamed Bamba would have had a chance to go No. 1 in last year’s very-good draft.

That alone should tell you something, and yes, tanking teams are set to reap the rewards. Opinions are mixed when it comes to ranking those five players, but the field alone will make this entertaining.

Some wide praise by SI regarding this 2018 draft class.

If all 5 of them had a chance at being picked #1 last season, that would put Fultz at #6, Ball at #7, Tatum at #8.... etc.

I know this class is good, but they literally say that about every year's draft class. Of course the shininess of potential is always going to look better than dudes you've already seen flounder in the NBA during Year 1 as rookies usually do.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:26 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

I would guess there is a 0% chance any team would even remotely consider Ball or Ingram for a 2018 Top #5 draft pick. Neither player would go Top 5 this year.....or at least I am pretty confident that is true for 29 teams. Some teams would probably at least have a conversation about Ball around #6 or #7...and Ingram around #7 or #8 is my guess.

Just consider the top PG's in this draft....Young and Sexton. Does anyone think a team would consider UCLA Lonzo better than Oklahoma Trae Young? I personally do not think so. I think there would be debate about UCLA Lonzo and Alabama Sexton....and similar to the Lonzo-Fox debate, it depends on what type of PG your looking for, but I would expect most teams to go with UCLA Lonzo.

Then in regards to SF, I think every team would choose Slovenia Doncic and High School/Mizzou Porter (if healthy) over Duke Ingram. Then teams would probably have differing opinions on Duke Ingram, MSU Bridges, Nova Bridges, and UK Knox.

Finally you would have to think Arizona Ayton and Duke Bagley would get drafted ahead of both....and some may even take MSU Jackson and Texas Bamba over one or both of them.

At a minimum, that would put 5 players ahead of Ball (maybe up to 7-8), and 6 players ahead of Ingram (maybe 8-10).

How about you personally... are you willing to say that you would take any of these players specifically over Ball or Ingram?

It seems like we go through this every season... where we are told how great these players are or how good this class is going to be, and the with the exception of the Jordan, Lebron, and maybe Kobe drafts... they are all about the same. I haven't done any research on this new class yet, but that is just my general impression
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:35 pm    Post subject:

The black mamba is correct...they say it every year.
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:36 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:

I haven't done any research on this new class yet, but that is just my general impression

Sounds like a lot of Lakers fans including myself with obvious reasons.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:36 pm    Post subject:

So trade another top pick so we can ruin that pick again so he can be traded for another top pick that we can ruin?
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:39 pm    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

I haven't done any research on this new class yet, but that is just my general impression

Sounds like a lot of Lakers fans including myself with obvious reasons.

Doesn't sound like a lot of Lakers fans here are following this year's pick to see which future star the Lakers gift to the Celtics.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:44 pm    Post subject:

Just get paul george
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:47 pm    Post subject:

Ingram in a heartbeat.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 2 of 14
Jump to: