Hypothetical: Would you trade Lonzo or Ingram for a Top 5 Pick in 2018 Draft?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
greek laker
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:58 pm    Post subject:

if our pick goes 1-5 we ll be the laughing stock of nba for years,for gods sake 10 teams are tankong like hell and one disambled franchise
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:23 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
adkindo wrote:
*- UW Fultz would be no lower than #3 for me ahead of Ayton and Ball.

any chance Philly considers moving Fultz for anything on our roster outside Ball?

I doubt it, and if they did, I'd be paranoid as hell about his shoulder. But BI and an unprotected 2020 1st could do it.

Ingram and lottery protected 1st at the absolute most. Not even sure I’d do that though.

I don't know what's up with Fultz right now, so I'd be wary. But UW Fultz was a much better prospect than Duke Ingram (who we thought would shoot), which is the basis of my hefty hypothetical trade offer.

Disagree, BI had a really strong second have of his one and one and Duke at least made it to the tourney.
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:34 pm    Post subject:

BizLA wrote:
tox wrote:
I don't know enough about this draft class, so I don't know about Lonzo.
Ingram? In a heartbeat.

You would trade a 20 yr old who has a ceiling similar to that of Giannis/KD in a heartbeat? I’m glad you ain’t in front office...

What if you don't think that's his ceiling? I'm surprised people are still even bringing KD up as a possibility. It's clear BI isn't THAT level of a scorer in any fashion.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:34 pm    Post subject:

Bagley could be a Blake Griffin if Blake Griffin cared about defense and rebounding.
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:38 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
But def not top 5?

If so, why would a team trade 4 years (basically 7) of a cost controlled player for one that has already used up 2 years, and is admittedly not even a top 5 pick in this year's draft?

Plus, I doubt we trade for more youth. If we trade BI, it will be for more veteran help. (and I'm not necessarily advocating a trade).

I don't think anyone actually expects us to trade Ingram. It's just conversation.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:44 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
adkindo wrote:

any chance Philly considers moving Fultz for anything on our roster outside Ball?

I doubt it, and if they did, I'd be paranoid as hell about his shoulder. But BI and an unprotected 2020 1st could do it.

Ingram and lottery protected 1st at the absolute most. Not even sure I’d do that though.

I don't know what's up with Fultz right now, so I'd be wary. But UW Fultz was a much better prospect than Duke Ingram (who we thought would shoot), which is the basis of my hefty hypothetical trade offer.

Disagree, BI had a really strong second have of his one and one and Duke at least made it to the tourney.

that Duke team had Grayson Allen, Luke Kennard, Marshall Plumlee, Matt Jones, and Amile Jefferson...amazing how much easier it is to get to the tournament with a roster of 5 Star Recruits. Ingram was not even the leading scorer on that team.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:10 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Ben Simmons' LSU team didn't make the tourney. Are we going to act like this still matters?
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:31 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Ben Simmons' LSU team didn't make the tourney. Are we going to act like this still matters?

It 100% matters but only to a certain extent. Looking at Washingtons improvement this year with basically the same core shouldn’t be completely ignored.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:36 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
tox wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
adkindo wrote:

It 100% matters but only to a certain extent. Looking at Washingtons improvement this year with basically the same core shouldn’t be completely ignored.

Romar was terrible.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:46 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Fultz was a much more skilled scorer and creator (and he was 18 his freshman season, as well) and the much better finisher at the rim.

Ingram's lack of skill seems to excite folks more than the tangible skills of other young players.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:49 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
Looking at Washingtons improvement this year with basically the same core shouldn’t be completely ignored.

they have shown better to date....but they are all over the place and I doubt they end up in the tournament this season. Their last two games indicate to me that you never know which team will show up....and I expect them to begin to slip. Just removing Romar from the sideline is probably good for 8-12 wins.

The entered conference play last season @ 8-5...and this season @ 10-3....so they look like a better team.
Terra4Gary
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:06 pm    Post subject:

What he said!

KobeDunk wrote:
I would consider Ingram, not Lonzo.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:36 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Looking at Washingtons improvement this year with basically the same core shouldn’t be completely ignored.

they have shown better to date....but they are all over the place and I doubt they end up in the tournament this season. Their last two games indicate to me that you never know which team will show up....and I expect them to begin to slip. Just removing Romar from the sideline is probably good for 8-12 wins.

The entered conference play last season @ 8-5...and this season @ 10-3....so they look like a better team.

Romar is bad. But not that bad.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:32 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
trashcan wrote:
trae young is a 6'1 (probably shorter) pg with no athleticism who's whole game revolves around shooting further than the defense defends. He the type of guard that gets drafted by the Kings and goes to die on their roster

Bagley and ayton are the same trap as every other college big

The 2018 draft isn't as good as you guys think

Plus Doncic might not look so hot playing next to real NBA athletes with size, speed, and ability.

Doncic is already playing against some NBA level athletes with size/speed/ability, far more so than NCAA level.

I'd also argue, he HAS the size.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:34 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Worse than that. LSU not only fell OUT of the tourney, but they qualified for the NIT and didn't even bother to participate.

Mike@LG

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:35 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Fultz was a much more skilled scorer and creator (and he was 18 his freshman season, as well) and the much better finisher at the rim.

Ingram's lack of skill seems to excite folks more than the tangible skills of other young players.

What does Bagley do best outside of being bouncy?

Mike@LG

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:38 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
adkindo wrote:

that Duke team had Grayson Allen, Luke Kennard, Marshall Plumlee, Matt Jones, and Amile Jefferson...amazing how much easier it is to get to the tournament with a roster of 5 Star Recruits. Ingram was not even the leading scorer on that team.

Ingram went from the #4 guy on offense to the #2 guy.

Hell, Josh Jackson and De'Aaron Fox weren't the #1 guys for their respective teams. Both went top 5.

Even Zach Collins was more of a #3 to #5 guy and got drafted #10.

Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:20 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Finish at the rim.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:53 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Finish at the rim.

It's weird knowing that 10 years ago, that dude is an arguable Top 3 pick because of sheer athletic twitch with height. But once we consider skill level/IQ/court vision, he drops fast.

Hydro21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:01 pm    Post subject:

No I wouldn’t . We don’t need more young guys we need the ones we have to develop and we need some better Vet talent .
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:25 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Ingram went from the #4 guy on offense to the #2 guy.

Hell, Josh Jackson and De'Aaron Fox weren't the #1 guys for their respective teams. Both went top 5.

Even Zach Collins was more of a #3 to #5 guy and got drafted #10.

and who is giving any of those guys you mention credit for their team being in the NCAA tournament? The suggestion was Ingram was better because his team made the tournament....and my response was there were many more reasons that Duke team won and made the tournament beyond Ingram alone.
DangeRuss
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:53 pm    Post subject:

The ones who want to trade Ingram are the ones who wanted to draft Malik monk. Lol jk
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:58 pm    Post subject:

DangeRuss wrote:
The ones who want to trade Ingram are the ones who wanted to draft Malik monk. Lol jk

Be patient!
BizLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:09 am    Post subject:

KBH wrote:
BizLA wrote:
tox wrote:
I don't know enough about this draft class, so I don't know about Lonzo.
Ingram? In a heartbeat.

You would trade a 20 yr old who has a ceiling similar to that of Giannis/KD in a heartbeat? I’m glad you ain’t in front office...

What if you don't think that's his ceiling? I'm surprised people are still even bringing KD up as a possibility. It's clear BI isn't THAT level of a scorer in any fashion.

Not many score like KD in the history of the league. All I’m saying is Ingram’s ceiling to me, is an in between game of KD and Giannis and it’s no stretch at all.

Trust me all you Ingram doubters are just impatient Laker fans. Seen this all before. You must’ve hated Kobe in 1997, if you watched that Kobe.

All in all the point I’m trying to make is that you do not give up on a 20 yr old kid lik Ingram. You trade him now, you’ll never be able to live with it 5 yrs from now when he’s a superstar on aother team. You gotta keep him and ride it out.

And if he never blossoms into a star, that’s just a risk you gotta take. A risk that to me, seems much lower than him becoming a perennial allstar.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:38 am    Post subject:

Quote:

and who is giving any of those guys you mention credit for their team being in the NCAA tournament? The suggestion was Ingram was better because his team made the tournament....and my response was there were many more reasons that Duke team won and made the tournament beyond Ingram alone.

There are star recruit teams that make the NIT. LSU that year, was definitely one of them.

The argument for Ingram and Duke was, not only did Duke make the tournament, but it was because of him that they got critical wins later in the year.

Ben Simmons? Fell out of Top 10. Fell out of Top 25. Qualified for the NIT. LSU didn't even participate. I get that people are all about protecting Simmons' career (because he felt he should get paid), but man, that's a horrible look from a school standpoint. Ben Simmons, Antonio Blakeney, and at least 2 other 4-star recruits.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 11 of 14
Jump to: