Hypothetical: Would you trade Lonzo or Ingram for a Top 5 Pick in 2018 Draft?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
av3773
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:23 am    Post subject:

I can definitely see Ingram being traded.

The lakers aren't going to just give him away and I would have to think the lakers would have to be very confident PG is coming this summer. If so, for sure I think the Lakers would move him for the right deal
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:26 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
adkindo wrote:
*- UW Fultz would be no lower than #3 for me ahead of Ayton and Ball.

any chance Philly considers moving Fultz for anything on our roster outside Ball?

I doubt it, and if they did, I'd be paranoid as hell about his shoulder. But BI and an unprotected 2020 1st could do it.

Ingram and lottery protected 1st at the absolute most. Not even sure I’d do that though.

I don't know what's up with Fultz right now, so I'd be wary. But UW Fultz was a much better prospect than Duke Ingram (who we thought would shoot), which is the basis of my hefty hypothetical trade offer.

Disagree, BI had a really strong second have of his one and one and Duke at least made it to the tourney.

Fultz was a much more skilled scorer and creator (and he was 18 his freshman season, as well) and the much better finisher at the rim.

Ingram's lack of skill seems to excite folks more than the tangible skills of other young players.

What does Bagley do best outside of being bouncy?

Finish at the rim.

It's weird knowing that 10 years ago, that dude is an arguable Top 3 pick because of sheer athletic twitch with height. But once we consider skill level/IQ/court vision, he drops fast.

We talked about his motor, which is his one elite skill, and his knack for getting buckets. I discounted John Collins too much last year because a lack of refined perimeter skills along with a lack of stocks, but motor and quick twitch athleticism go a long way, and production like his and now Bagley's shouldn't be discounted.

But a team is going to need a unicorn next to Bagley, and they're going to need an initiator to set him up the majority of the time, so why not draft the potentially elite primary initiator (Doncic, Young) or the potential Mutombo unicorn (Bamba) first?
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:41 am    Post subject:

^That's where I'm at, actually. I mean, Bamba is so rare that even if he just plays like Tyson Chandler, that guy has the upside of All-D teams for a decade, just because he has the feet, some strength, and every bit of reach and reaction time.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
laker50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:04 am    Post subject:

No way.
Tired of starting over, and Lonnzo and Ingram are keepers.

The Magic and Pelinka FO have made mistakes. Hopefully, they will not gamble and further ruin the Lakers.
If DLO was here the record would be a few wins better.

I keep saying that the Lakers should not give up assets to pick up
players over the hill. And coaches who do not fit. This is why they
are in the present position.

The Lakers are in a good rebuilding position.
Regressed by giving up DLO for cap space.
Lopez and KCP were bad gambles.
There remains the possibility PG won't be offered max by OKC.
And find a good reasonable FA center.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:55 am    Post subject:

Id trade ingram for Ayton but thats about it. Zo no way im moving him. Surround him with the right pieces and well all be
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:38 pm    Post subject:

Ingram in a heartbeat.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:31 pm    Post subject:

av3773 wrote:
I can definitely see Ingram being traded.

The lakers aren't going to just give him away and I would have to think the lakers would have to be very confident PG is coming this summer. If so, for sure I think the Lakers would move him for the right deal

I'd be shocked, honestly. I think Magic has invested too much of his reputation on Ingram's development.

Now if Magic starts hedging a little bit on Ingram, via Ding or some other mouthpiece, then I can see it happening.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Hypothetical: Would you trade Lonzo or Ingram for a Top 5 Pick in 2018 Draft?

Nashlight wrote:
For a chance to draft any one of:

- DeAndre Ayton
- Luka Doncic
- Marvin Bagley III
- Michael Porter Jr.
- Trae Young

Hypothetically of course.

So you're asking if we'll hit the reset button because our guys aren't super stars yet. Go back and wait on a player from this draft class to become one? That makes a lot of sense.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:55 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:
Ingram yep

Lonzo maybe

Adding Doncic, Ayton, or Young to Lonzo and Kuzma would be pretty sweet.

Adding Doncic, Ayton, or Bagley to Ingram and Kuzma would be pretty sweet also....

Less sweet, though.

Imagine adding them to Josh Jackson and Kuzma!
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:59 pm    Post subject:

No and No
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:04 pm    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
adkindo wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:
Ingram yep

Lonzo maybe

Adding Doncic, Ayton, or Young to Lonzo and Kuzma would be pretty sweet.

Adding Doncic, Ayton, or Bagley to Ingram and Kuzma would be pretty sweet also....

Less sweet, though.

Imagine adding them to Josh Jackson and Kuzma!

It'd be like Ingram with a 6'10 wingspan and less offensive upside.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:12 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo probaby... his shot won't be effective in the NBA... unless he changes it, he won't be a threat at the NBA level... especially during crunch time, Lonzo's shot can't be relied on in a consistent basis.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
FreakofNature
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:18 pm    Post subject:

Really think Ball & BI will be real deal's, but.... I think Ayton and Bagley III are going to be top 10 if not top 5 players in the NBA. And will produce at least on the level of Ball and BI already by next season. No knock on Ball and BI, just think Ayton and Bagley are going to be beasts... This draft has 7 guys to drool for, and now we have no pick while cellar dwelling , terrible timing.

For Ayton and Bagley yes! Not going to happen however.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:38 am    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
Lonzo probaby... his shot won't be effective in the NBA... unless he changes it, he won't be a threat at the NBA level... especially during crunch time, Lonzo's shot can't be relied on in a consistent basis.

There's an uptick in his shooting percentages and we're barely in January
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:40 am    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
Drifts wrote:

There's an uptick in his shooting percentages and we're barely in January

Dude just recently changed his shot for an even quick release.

Man, just absolutely zero patience.

The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:00 am    Post subject:

I'm 50/50. We always get infatuated with the young guys and their potential, but Ingram looks like he's on his way to being an above average player at worst.

Ayton
Bagley
Porter
Doncic
Young

But dang, these young guys look good. On the other hand, I'm pretty sure a team with a top 5 pick wouldn't trade it for Ingram.
Username
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:04 am    Post subject:

For Bagley? I'd trade Lonzo/Kuzma/Ingram in a 3-player package deal.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:11 am    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:

Tell Klay that when he hit that step back over him. Dude is finally shooting like he did at UCLA. Wrong time to complain. Ingram can't hit a shot or FT to save his life.
4stargeneralbulldog
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:09 pm    Post subject:

Ah, the shiny new prospect.

I remember around 2013 at LG, there was talk of this really great prospect and that he was going to be the next Lebron or Kobe. A transcendent star that's what LG said, a surefire Hall of Famer added numerous people, I remember that thread going on for something like 70 or 80 pages with members here drooling like crazy.

Who was that prospect? His name was Andrew Wiggins. The guy isn't even the best player in his draft class and looks more like to be the next Joe Johnson than Lebron or Kobe.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:52 pm    Post subject:

4stargeneralbulldog wrote:

I remember around 2013 at LG, there was talk of this really great prospect and that he was going to be the next Lebron or Kobe. A transcendent star that's what LG said, a surefire Hall of Famer added numerous people, I remember that thread going on for something like 70 or 80 pages with members here drooling like crazy.

Who was that prospect? His name was Andrew Wiggins. The guy isn't even the best player in his draft class and looks more like to be the next Joe Johnson than Lebron or Kobe.

Can't speak for others but I thought Wiggins was overrated. He's missing the "it" factor and has a poor motor. This draft class is a bit different you have some skilled big guys (Ayton, Bamba, Bagley) and then you have guys just ahead of the pack in terms of skills (Doncic, Young). Porter is a ? mark now because of his back.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:01 pm    Post subject:

I get that Wiggins doesn't look good analytically, but isn't he way ahead of Derozan's curve?

KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:42 pm    Post subject:

That was pretty hilarious. High school competition is not reliable and uniform these days.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:52 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

That was pretty hilarious. High school competition is not reliable and uniform these days.

I have a problem with this argument. It's not like it was easy to see after 3 years that guys like Kyle Lowry and DeMar DeRozan would end up All-Stars.

Wiggins has so much ridiculous time and even though he's not the most efficient shooter, at least hovers around 45% at 20ppg as a 21 year old. That's ahead of the curve of A LOT of prospects.

KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:00 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

I have a problem with this argument. It's not like it was easy to see after 3 years that guys like Kyle Lowry and DeMar DeRozan would end up All-Stars.

Wiggins has so much ridiculous time and even though he's not the most efficient shooter, at least hovers around 45% at 20ppg as a 21 year old. That's ahead of the curve of A LOT of prospects.

Yea he can still be a good player (although he's really regressed this year ). But in respect to him being labeled the next sure fire superstar prospect - that was egregiously bad. So bad.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:02 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Yea he can still be a good player (although he's really regressed this year ). But in respect to him being labeled the next sure fire superstar prospect - that was egregiously bad. So bad.

I don't know man. You're getting 20ppg out of an elite athlete wing 5 years before prime. It's ridiculous how much can happen in those 5 years.

Everyone knew in that draft that a healthy Embiid was the #1 guy. He's the only healthy guy of the Top 3.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 12 of 14
Jump to: