Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:56 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
eureca wrote:
I'll check it from time to time like if I ever want to buy something used, but i haven't ordered anything since they refused to help me with a an order that was marked as delivered but never was.

They have this the ebay "buyers protection" thing on every listing, but I paid for an item and it was never delivered and I was sh*t out of luck according to them. With Amazon if the item is not delivered or lost whether it is marked as delivered or not they usually will either refund me or send me it again.

How long ago? Last few year's they almost unequivocally side with the buyer. The "Item Not Received" has been a bane of sellers. If you're one with no ethics, you can really (bleep) over sellers with their current system.

100% agree.

Not to mention most sellers will bend over backwards to avoid a negative review and if you use PayPal it's even safer.

Opposed to Amazon's product reviews, eBay's review currency is based on sellers reputation rather than product specific description. If you know what you're looking for and already researched the product, eBay will help you weed out the bad sellers.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:22 pm    Post subject:

lakerjoshua wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
eureca wrote:
I'll check it from time to time like if I ever want to buy something used, but i haven't ordered anything since they refused to help me with a an order that was marked as delivered but never was.

They have this the ebay "buyers protection" thing on every listing, but I paid for an item and it was never delivered and I was sh*t out of luck according to them. With Amazon if the item is not delivered or lost whether it is marked as delivered or not they usually will either refund me or send me it again.

How long ago? Last few year's they almost unequivocally side with the buyer. The "Item Not Received" has been a bane of sellers. If you're one with no ethics, you can really (bleep) over sellers with their current system.

100% agree.

Not to mention most sellers will bend over backwards to avoid a negative review and if you use PayPal it's even safer.

Opposed to Amazon's product reviews, eBay's review currency is based on sellers reputation rather than product specific description. If you know what you're looking for and already researched the product, eBay will help you weed out the bad sellers.

Maybe. I had a fraud selling me a Nikon D750 and they deliberately shipped to a wrong address in the same zipcode. eBay sided with the seller of 7 feedback so I had to contact the post office and show that the tracking number was delivered to a different address that my mailing address and the recipient at that address indicated it was just a blank piece of paper in an envelope. Only then, after a year, did eBay reimburse me.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:54 am    Post subject:

Quote:
the seller of 7 feedback

Mistake #1

Also, always use PayPal and pay with a Credit Card not a Debit card. If worse comes to worse you can do a chargeback with your Credit Card and open a Fraud Dispute with PayPal and they will suspend the Sellers account.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:40 am    Post subject:

lakerjoshua wrote:
Quote:
the seller of 7 feedback

Mistake #1

Also, always use PayPal and pay with a Credit Card not a Debit card. If worse comes to worse you can do a chargeback with your Credit Card and open a Fraud Dispute with PayPal and they will suspend the Sellers account.

I did. Paypal kept referring me back to eBay. Credit Card would've been my last ditch option but thankfully eBay saw through the original seller's tactics.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: