Is LaVar right? Has Luke lost the team?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:25 pm    Post subject:

Wow. Carlisle going off on ESPN.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/21996383/dallas-mavericks-coach-rick-carlisle-rips-espn-giving-lavar-ball-platform
Rek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:29 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/21996383/dallas-mavericks-coach-rick-carlisle-rips-espn-giving-lavar-ball-platform

Nice to see someone call a spade a spade in all of this drama.

"I'm saying that they should look at their sources and do a better job of determining whether they have any merit or any validity. Or are they just blowhard loudmouths?" Carlisle said. "That's what I'm saying. You got that?"
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:29 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:

Wow. Now other coaches are getting involved. Last thing we need is a circus environment while trying to attract max FAs.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:31 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
adkindo wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
adkindo wrote:
no worries, Ohm Youngmisuk will put out a nice Lakers propaganda article that spins everything to make the Lakers FO and Ball appear in the best light.

Seriously?

yeah...I guess. I mean not seriously like my last words before a serious surgery or something....but like serious as in being cynical in expressing my opinion...yes.

I know what you mean. He seems like the new Kevin Ding to me. If you want to read fluff articles that paint the Lakers in the best light, he's the guy to read.

Interesting. I don't really read much of the conventional media's content. Ohm's an East Coast guy and doesn't seem to give a crap about any of the politics, but I don't know him very well.

That said, there was a moment during training camp where Pelinka went up to Ohm and said "hey, nice article about (unintelligible)" in his ear. I only heard it because I was standing right next to him.

Last edited by GoldenThroat on Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
HumanVictoryCigar
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:31 pm    Post subject:

JeezyXVII wrote:
Lets see... 9 game lose streak ..
Brook Lopez out for 9 games.
KCP having a road games block and missed 3/9.
Lonzo being out for 6.

Our team as a whole has about (6) 1st or 2nd year players... no decent back up PG, our 2nd unit SG has tunnel vision with no defense, a $17M dollar player who disappeared off the face of the earth yet we want to fire the coach ?!

Got it !!

I personally wouldnt pay attention to Lavar, if we buy into everything he says or it has an influence on this team.... have fun for the next 15-20 years being a Laker fan.

I think everybody gets that Luke has been dealing with injured players and other problems. It's the lack of effort lately that is disturbing.
Rek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:41 pm    Post subject:

saetarubia wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:

Wow. Now other coaches are getting involved. Last thing we need is a circus environment while trying to attract max FAs.

Carlisle is the president of the NBA's coaches association and he was asked a direct question about Lavar's latest BS. If you call that "getting involved" just because he wasn't afraid to answer the question - not sure what to tell you there.

Also, I find it nothing short of ironic that someone has a Lonzo avatar and yet warns about a circus environment. Did anyone really think you could draft Zo and somehow not have to deal with daddy's drama machine? If LAL is losing, he'll be the first and loudest to cry and point fingers - assuredly never criticizing his son in the process. If LAL is winning - he'll equally be the first to take all the credit.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:45 pm    Post subject:

I've always liked Rick Carlisle. After Phil Jackson's 2nd retirement I hoped that somehow we could steal him from the Mavs.
ryan_c
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:46 pm    Post subject:

That is just an excuse from Lavar. This Lakers team is not good.
KG24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:53 pm    Post subject:

Luke has not only loss the team, he has loss most of the fans.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
tnell
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:55 pm    Post subject:

KG24 wrote:
Luke has not only loss the team, he has loss most of the fickle fans.

Fixed that for you.
Artest4Three
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:03 pm    Post subject:

Can't we just friggin ignore LaVar? Like, I don't get how we need to freak out every time he makes a (stupid) comment? Okay, great. He doesn't like Luke. No need to lose sleep over it. I remember Draymond Green's mom blasting Warriors players every time they'd lose (especially Barnes). No one gave a crap because nobody made a big deal out of it. Out of sight out of mind!
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:04 pm    Post subject:

Lavar also said he don't know the inside stuff and maybe they are playing hard for Luke. ESPN totally left out that part.

laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:05 pm    Post subject:

Artest4Three wrote:
Can't we just friggin ignore LaVar? Like, I don't get how we need to freak out every time he makes a (stupid) comment? Okay, great. He doesn't like Luke. No need to lose sleep over it. I remember Draymond Green's mom blasting Warriors players every time they'd lose (especially Barnes). No one gave a crap because nobody made a big deal out of it. Out of sight out of mind!

Great point.

Great comeback by Carlisle.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:10 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Tania Ganguli: Luke Walton says a few NBA coaches have reached out to him today about LaVar Ball’s comments. They’ve been supportive and told him not to worry about a parent’s opinion.
10 mins ago – via Twitter taniaganguli
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:12 pm    Post subject:

Artest4Three wrote:

Well said. But LaVar = clicks so mainstream media won't stop. I didn't even know about Draymond's mom. She probably got a fraction of media attention. I just saw the turnout for BBB pop-up shop in Hong Kong. Crazy turn out even though only LaVar and Melo were there. LaVar has become such a well known figure amongst Basketball fans even overseas.
poppajons
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:17 pm    Post subject:

ESPN is like any other business. They’re in it for the money and know Lavar generates buzz + clicks which equates to revenue.

ESPN is probably not doing well in terms of revenue... Cable is beyond expensive and streaming is widely adopted, especially in the middle-lower class. ESPN is just like any other news network so it doesn’t surprise me that they push this as “credible”.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:19 pm    Post subject:

This is ridiculous. Jerry Buss must be rolling over in his grave.
Is this a b-ball team or a reality show circus?
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:21 pm    Post subject:

Lousy situation for Luke.
He should have gone to work for his basketball father Phil in NY or listened to his biological father and stayed in GST.

Last edited by wolfpaclaker on Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:22 pm    Post subject:

saetarubia wrote:
Lavar also said he don't know the inside stuff and maybe they are playing hard for Luke. ESPN totally left out that part.

please don't defend Lavar... within 48 seconds of that video, you already want to slap him upside the head. "because they didn't let me bring my facebook crew in" he didn't want #2 and #3 to iso curtsied and watch an away game.

hideous logic
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:23 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Lousy situation for Luke.

I have my issues with him, but I definitely feel for him here. This is a circus.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:27 pm    Post subject:

Luke may not be a great coach but hard to see how he did wrong when young players from year 1 to year 2 have all improved around him.

Clarkson has gotten consistent
Randle better
Ingram a little better

Now maybe this is the case without Luke as well, but that's rebuilding. I don't think many people really get how hard it is to get back up once you fall like the Lakers did in 2013. It's why I was so passionate about things going on in those years.

Teams like Boston got something out of their old core and we got one great 60 point retirement game.
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:33 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Luke may not be a great coach but hard to see how he did wrong when young players from year 1 to year 2 have all improved around him.

Randle better
Ingram a little better

Now maybe this is the case without Luke as well, but that's rebuilding. I don't think many people really get how hard it is to get back up once you fall like the Lakers did in 2013. It's why I was so passionate about things going on in those years.

Teams like Boston got something out of their old core and we got one great 60 point retirement game.

-Clarkson's game has completely disappeared after a strong start(this isn't Luke's fault)
-The Randle situation has been talked about multiple times
-Ingram being better in his second year is to be expected.

I think people are being too harsh on him, but this is probably overselling him a bit.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:35 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
saetarubia wrote:

please don't defend Lavar... within 48 seconds of that video, you already want to slap him upside the head. "because they didn't let me bring my facebook crew in" he didn't want #2 and #3 to iso curtsied and watch an away game.

hideous logic

Lavar is a self centered self promoting jack ass
He is much like a Kardashian
He cares little about the Lakers and more about his brand

I knew he was an idiot the moment he proclaimed Lakers make the playoffs in Balls rookie year.

Well sorry dude while I like Lonzo a ton he is far from ready to lead a team to the playoffs in his rookie year. Only a select few rookies in the leagues history could and it's not Alonzo.

Luke is to blame but not for the lack of effort.
If anything he was the one telling the players to stop looking at next year and moping. To focus on the present.
Luke's problem is he needs to make changes to his offensive principles and also have better rotations.

This is just a ridiculous bad situation created by Magic, Pelinka, Lavar and if anything it's Alonzo being far from the talent his dad was stating he was ...
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:37 pm    Post subject:

saetarubia wrote:

Are any of you guys actually watching this interview? This isn't where ESPN got LaVar's original comments from because they weren't said in an interview. Goodman himself says at the 10 minute mark that LaVar's comments were made off camera earlier today. This interview is just a response to all of the backlash that LaVar received from it. ESPN didn't take anything out of context or leave anything out.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:44 pm    Post subject:

Practice wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

Randle better
Ingram a little better

-Clarkson's game has completely disappeared after a strong start(this isn't Luke's fault)
-The Randle situation has been talked about multiple times
-Ingram being better in his second year is to be expected.

I think people are being too harsh on him, but this is probably overselling him a bit.

Hardly overselling him... you're just hating. What about the pace of play, points in the paint, improved defense, etc?

Whatever you want to do is your prerogative but Luke has done okay.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 8 of 12
Jump to: