What actions should/ can Lakers take to silence Lavar?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
adkindo
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 16 Jun 2005
Posts: 23857
Location: Dirty South

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:48 pm    Post subject:

does anyone know which player said the Lavar stuff is becoming a distraction?
_________________
"Lonzo Ball is the headline, Kyle Kuzma is the STORY!" Jalen Rose
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Vanquish
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 15 Jun 2005
Posts: 1330
Location: London

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:49 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
Continue ignoring him and trying to win ball games.


While your way is probably the rational way, in my experience the best way to have fun with people like Lavar is just to do the opposite of what he's saying and then succeed despite all his predictions otherwise.

It's a bit like everyone saying kobe is taking bad shots, and he sinks those shots anyway like they are free throws * need to watch the 81 point game again* LOL

It really is fun when one pulls that off.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 Oct 2001
Posts: 40989

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:54 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
does anyone know which player said the Lavar stuff is becoming a distraction?


Nance said something about it.
_________________
Love, Laker Lanny
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
55
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 04 Jan 2008
Posts: 11398

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:57 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
adkindo wrote:
does anyone know which player said the Lavar stuff is becoming a distraction?


Nance said something about it.


And the next day he's in trade rumors?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jun 2005
Posts: 8425
Location: The (real) short corner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:33 pm    Post subject:

Sending the man to Lithuania didn't do the trick so I don't think there's much they can do.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
mookielala
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 29 Jul 2012
Posts: 2358

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:37 pm    Post subject:

Hire Popovich
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 05 Nov 2007
Posts: 16880

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:14 am    Post subject:

Best thing to do with him is to acknowledge him as little as humanly possible. Essentially a "don't feed the troll" policy. Don't make statements or replies to his tweets like they're important and if asked about them by reporters, try to shift the discussion as much as you can in addition to downplaying whatever he says as a "passionate" fan's/parent's perspective. Do the Kevin Bacon "All is well!!" thing from Animal House. You only give a loudmouth power when you acknowledge what s/he has to say every time s/he gets the itch to spout silliness on Twitter (a medium that has twit right in the name).

Obfuscate and downplay when you can no longer avoid the subject. When that's no longer possible, you just give the pat answer, "Lavar is a passionate fan and we value his opinion, but we believe in this/that/other. Luke and Lonzo get along as well as Luke and Laura." (old school ref)

The FO should already know that he can't be shut up if even his son, or better yet his WIFE, hasn't succeeded in making him do so. The guy is a blowhard by nature and it apparently ain't gonna stop by the FO having tender feelings about it. Therefore, A) ignore as much as possible, B) obfuscate when A is no longer doable, C) downplay and restate the party line when B fails.

I'm not exactly a fan of Luke's, but I find absolutely zero charm in that other idiot just the same. He's an attention whore and has delusions of grandeur.
_________________
GOAT MAGIC REEL
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 02 Jan 2011
Posts: 31895
Location: Torrance

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:44 am    Post subject:

Pay him. They've had far less qualified and embarrassing scouts on the payroll before.
_________________
Smash-mouth basketball - Officially Dead (2014-2017)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Laker_Town
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 26 Jun 2006
Posts: 24669

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:58 am    Post subject:

I've said it before. The guy might be a great dad and intend the best for his family, but the dude is just ghetto.

NOTHING the Lakers can do except limit his access to organization events.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 31 Aug 2012
Posts: 7497
Location: Los Angeles, CA

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:00 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
Pay him. They've had far less qualified and embarrassing scouts on the payroll before.


i am sure he knows more about evaluating talent than a bartender
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
oldlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 15 May 2001
Posts: 1888
Location: Tega Cay, South Carolina

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:12 pm    Post subject:

I say give him a job as the 3rd guy in the booth. Lets hear what he has to say it is entertaining and how do you take him too seriously. It would drive ratings and it would give him an outlet to give commentary and constructive criticism which might not hear either.

Luke can be Mr. Nice guy and play his head games and LaVar can be tough love. He would get some messages across the need to be communicated.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Wilkes52
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 02 Jun 2009
Posts: 2304
Location: Far from home

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:55 pm    Post subject:

Lakers could take only futile steps to silence LaVar but influencing him is probably within grasp, if also very risky. He's an attention monger and a little unpredictable in that he seems very much not interested in popular forms of discretion.

The man lives and prospers by the public feud and he seeks to build attention for all things BBB and Family Ball, damn whoever else might suffer. He like insulting others. It worked for Trump too.

The cheap route to influencing him is designing controversy that benefits both his interests and those of the Lakers. The Lakers taking steps publicly likely just adds fuel for him to bring more attention to himself, which is a large part of what he wants to do. Use that.

Now, figure out how to turn that approach into Laker favor, how to redirect the man by figuring out how to give both he and the Lakers the desired spin. Probably a narrow chance of that.
_________________
ďWhat is right is not always popular, and what is popular is not always right.Ē

Jerry West
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 14301

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:05 pm    Post subject:

Robster8989 wrote:
Drone strike.

Polonium.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ozzie
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 28 Jul 2001
Posts: 630

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:02 pm    Post subject:

The Kings like the Lakers wanted a guard and thought the Lakers might draft Fox. There was lots of discussion about if the drama with Ball was worth it. Itís been very team oriented in Sacramento so far. And the coach is getting praise instead of heat.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
CHRISTYLE70
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 Jun 2005
Posts: 3095

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:58 pm    Post subject:

ozzie wrote:
The Kings like the Lakers wanted a guard and thought the Lakers might draft Fox. There was lots of discussion about if the drama with Ball was worth it. Itís been very team oriented in Sacramento so far. And the coach is getting praise instead of heat.

And the Lakers Made the right decision. You cant silence a grown man this is America a person can say whatever they want its up to you to do your job and not react to it. The emotional response every one has to Lavar Ball is stupid I could care less what he thinks if I was a coach or player his comments wouldnt bother me one bit.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Cutheon
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 Jul 2009
Posts: 7610
Location: Bay Area

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:59 pm    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:
Sending the man to Lithuania didn't do the trick so I don't think there's much they can do.


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ReaListik
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 08 Jun 2008
Posts: 5341

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:14 pm    Post subject:

Only permanent solution is let him know his son will be traded if he continues. Organization has to measure out if itís worth it to keep LaVar around with his antics, especially how it impacts the team unnecessarily.
_________________
"We are the goodest." - Shaq ESPN interview
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 May 2016
Posts: 3840
Location: Long Beach

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:18 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Robster8989 wrote:
Drone strike.

Polonium.


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 29 Jul 2004
Posts: 2917
Location: Mukdahan, Thailand

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:29 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Robster8989 wrote:
Drone strike.

Polonium.


Have him play Call of Duty with that pinhead meth freak.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger Reply with quote
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 17 Dec 2002
Posts: 5356
Location: L.A.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:16 pm    Post subject:


_________________
"Be the person you needed when you were younger..."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 17 Aug 2008
Posts: 10729
Location: Earth

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:02 am    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:




_________________
The move
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
JayLida
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 12 Oct 2007
Posts: 897

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:36 am    Post subject:

CHRISTYLE70 wrote:
How about not be snowflakes and stop worrying about what anyone outside of the organization says, if I was a pro player or coach I could care less what anyone outside of my locker room has to say, this is only an issue if the Lakers organization make it one. Im a family member of a Pro HOF player, I spent 18 years in Locker rooms and family member areas after games with other family members who said much worse than Lavar Ball, the only difference is this social media click bait society creates articles out of it. I know I personally have been frustrated with some coaching in my families career and if I WAS quoted it would have been the same. Lavar Ball is only an issue because we cry over every thing he says and ESPN is milking his comments daily. Just ignore it and move on. SIMPLE.


Awesome post. I have grown sick and tired of all of the opinions, false narratives and just plain hatred towards Lonzo because of LaVar. Some will say it's up to Lonzo to deal with LaVar. I believe the ones who say this are making excuses because of other reasons why the want to bash Lonzo.

LaVar has every right to voice his opinion. If pro coaches/ players can't handle LaVar or any other blowhard father then they are in the wrong business.

I guess Clipper Darrell with his annoying chanting needs to be banned from NBA games. At least the Lakers have not had to deal with other sports parents like:

Marv Marinovich, father of Todd Marinovich
Richard Williams, father of Venus and Serena
Cecil Fielder, father of Prince Fielder
Jim Pierce, father of Mary Pierde
Peter Graf, father of Steffi Graf

Most of you don't know the stories associated with the player/ father combos, mainly due to no social media. LaVar is a saint compared to some on this list.
_________________
Winning is all that matters!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
CHRISTYLE70
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 Jun 2005
Posts: 3095

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:45 am    Post subject:

JayLida wrote:
CHRISTYLE70 wrote:
How about not be snowflakes and stop worrying about what anyone outside of the organization says, if I was a pro player or coach I could care less what anyone outside of my locker room has to say, this is only an issue if the Lakers organization make it one. Im a family member of a Pro HOF player, I spent 18 years in Locker rooms and family member areas after games with other family members who said much worse than Lavar Ball, the only difference is this social media click bait society creates articles out of it. I know I personally have been frustrated with some coaching in my families career and if I WAS quoted it would have been the same. Lavar Ball is only an issue because we cry over every thing he says and ESPN is milking his comments daily. Just ignore it and move on. SIMPLE.


Awesome post. I have grown sick and tired of all of the opinions, false narratives and just plain hatred towards Lonzo because of LaVar. Some will say it's up to Lonzo to deal with LaVar. I believe the ones who say this are making excuses because of other reasons why the want to bash Lonzo.

LaVar has every right to voice his opinion. If pro coaches/ players can't handle LaVar or any other blowhard father then they are in the wrong business.

I guess Clipper Darrell with his annoying chanting needs to be banned from NBA games. At least the Lakers have not had to deal with other sports parents like:

Marv Marinovich, father of Todd Marinovich
Richard Williams, father of Venus and Serena
Cecil Fielder, father of Prince Fielder
Jim Pierce, father of Mary Pierde
Peter Graf, father of Steffi Graf

Most of you don't know the stories associated with the player/ father combos, mainly due to no social media. LaVar is a saint compared to some on this list.

AGREED
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ShowtimeReturns
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 21 Oct 2017
Posts: 196

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:45 am    Post subject:

Truck Turner wrote:
At the end of the day there's nothing anybody can do. Lavar is a grown man and he doesn't work for the Lakers. He can say anything he wants. Even Lonzo can't do anything about it.

It's honestly up to the media to stop sticking cameras in his face all the damn time and acting like everything he says is newsworthy. Lavar isn't the first parent to complain about an NBA coach, he's also not the first to take shots at other NBA players and hype up his kid, he's just the only one media outlets have made it a point to constantly cover.


Agree 100% Truck you would think Lavar is the only parent of a pro athlete there are thousands of parents of pro athletes whose voices are never heard or even thought about But the media only gives airtime to one Lavar Ball
These fools are following him around the world its a farce.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Halflife
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 15 Aug 2015
Posts: 3303

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:51 am    Post subject:

He will cannibalize himself and 2 other kids. For a guy trying to steer his other kids to the Lakers he is not helping. Lonzo is seemingly numb to him and eventually everyone will be as well.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2010 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB