Has Sasha ever made a layup?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Have you ever seen Sasha make a layup?
No
54%
 54%  [ 18 ]
Yes (might have been on a nerf basket though)
45%
 45%  [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 33

shnjb
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:49 am    Post subject:

Just_Looking wrote:
uberzev wrote:
Just_Looking wrote:
Oh good Lord!!! Are the haters back to being on Sash's case now??? Come on guys ... get a life will ya.

And uberzev ... this topic is WAY below being worthy of a mod. I thought you mods were in favor of intelligent, well thought out discussions. Why would you foster illogical hate with a topic that is, quite frankly, stupid? Will your next topic be "Why isn't Kwame hitting the three?"
That you Sasha?

Wow ... nice retort. Just curious. How often do YOU think a spot up jump shooter should go to the rim? Horry never went to the basket either ... that worthless son-of-a-gun.

In all honesty, I cannot defend Sasha's game right now ... he has regressed after the early promise he showed this season. But ... just so you DO understand my logic ... let me S P E L L it out. Criticizing a spot up jump shooter for not going to the basket is really really
D U M B.

Steve Kerr's game was as a spot up shooter for Jordan ... would you have criticized him for not making layups, too? Everyone on the Lakers ... Kobe included ... says Sash is the best practice shooter on the team. Criticize him all you want for choking right now and being unable to translate that skill into real game situations. But starting a thread picking on his lack of layups? Has no bearing on the real world.

That would make a lot of sense if this so-called spot up shooter was actually nailing down open threes.
NY_LakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:49 am    Post subject:

shnjb wrote:
uberzev wrote:
Just_Looking wrote:
Oh good Lord!!! Are the haters back to being on Sash's case now??? Come on guys ... get a life will ya.

And uberzev ... this topic is WAY below being worthy of a mod. I thought you mods were in favor of intelligent, well thought out discussions. Why would you foster illogical hate with a topic that is, quite frankly, stupid? Will your next topic be "Why isn't Kwame hitting the three?"
That you Sasha?

He's actually Odom.

Are you going to contact your daddies in justice dept. and hack my e-mail critical?

You're really killing yourself, ain't ya? Funny Funny Funny stuff :roll:
NY_LakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:50 am    Post subject:

shnjb wrote:
Just_Looking wrote:
uberzev wrote:
Just_Looking wrote:

That you Sasha?

Wow ... nice retort. Just curious. How often do YOU think a spot up jump shooter should go to the rim? Horry never went to the basket either ... that worthless son-of-a-gun.

In all honesty, I cannot defend Sasha's game right now ... he has regressed after the early promise he showed this season. But ... just so you DO understand my logic ... let me S P E L L it out. Criticizing a spot up jump shooter for not going to the basket is really really
D U M B.

Steve Kerr's game was as a spot up shooter for Jordan ... would you have criticized him for not making layups, too? Everyone on the Lakers ... Kobe included ... says Sash is the best practice shooter on the team. Criticize him all you want for choking right now and being unable to translate that skill into real game situations. But starting a thread picking on his lack of layups? Has no bearing on the real world.

That would make a lot of sense if this so-called spot up shooter was actually nailing down open threes.

Isn't THAT exactly the criticism I leveled at Sash in my post you just referenced? Is english your first language?
Lionel The Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:51 am    Post subject:

Sasha is shooting 34% this season and 32% for his career. 95% of his shots are WIDE OPEN. As Barkley would say "He SUCKS".
NY_LakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:54 am    Post subject:

Lionel The Laker wrote:
Sasha is shooting 34% this season and 32% for his career. 95% of his shots are WIDE OPEN. As Barkley would say "He SUCKS".

Oh come on Lionel ... et tu?

READ MY LIPS (POST). I said EXACTLY what you just said. I have no problem criticizing Sasha for his poor shooting. I am complaining about the stupidity of illogical haters who post crap that makes no sense. Why not just post that Sasha sucks because he can't defend the center position? Makes as much sense as the original topic.

Last edited by NY_LakerFan on Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:55 am; edited 1 time in total
lionballer7
Star Player
Star Player

Lionel, what do GM's around the NBA think of Sasha and his value/upside?
Sage_10
Star Player
Star Player

Sasha made a layup last night. Remember he went to early at the end of the quarter and Stu said "unbelievable"? He has made layups maybe they weren't intentional but he has made layups.
Lionel The Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:57 am    Post subject:

Sasha is a shooter who can't shoot in the games. If you can't hit wide open shots then why are you in the league? The Lakers have 2 players in the rotation who can't shoot, play defense, or do anything well. Sasha and Luke.
shnjb
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:59 am    Post subject:

Just_Looking wrote:
shnjb wrote:
Just_Looking wrote:
uberzev wrote:
Just_Looking wrote:

That you Sasha?

D U M B.

Isn't THAT exactly the criticism I leveled at Sash in my post you just referenced? Is english your first language?

I'm sorry, are you actually criticizing my English skills?
You, of all people, are making an attempt at attacking someone's English skills?

Alright, let's get on with it, Mr. junior-highschool English teacher.
Where the hell in your post did you actually "criticize" Sasha for his poor shooting?

In fact, since I did not make this thread, what makes you think that I'm knocking on Sasha for his lack of layup attempts?

You call Sasha a spot up shooter; now tell me- isn't it a jump shooter's job to actually make open shots?
So since he isn't making jumpshots or layups or playing defense, what does that make him?

A Euroleague journeyman.

Homers are getting quite belligerent these days.
Sage_10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:19 am    Post subject:

I'm not a big fan of the Euro's.
NY_LakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:26 am    Post subject:

shnjb wrote:
Just_Looking wrote:
shnjb wrote:
Just_Looking wrote:
uberzev wrote:
Just_Looking wrote:

That you Sasha?

D U M B.

I'm sorry, are you actually criticizing my English skills?
You, of all people, are making an attempt at attacking someone's English skills?

Alright, let's get on with it, Mr. junior-highschool English teacher.
Where the hell in your post did you actually "criticize" Sasha for his poor shooting?

In fact, since I did not make this thread, what makes you think that I'm knocking on Sasha for his lack of layup attempts?

You call Sasha a spot up shooter; now tell me- isn't it a jump shooter's job to actually make open shots?
So since he isn't making jumpshots or layups or playing defense, what does that make him?

A Euroleague journeyman.

Homers are getting quite belligerent these days.

Difficult to believe you post such poorly written dribble and then take offense at someone suggesting that English may not be your first language.

Since you are having difficulties reading let me repeat a snippet from my post above. "Criticize him all you want for choking right now and being unable to translate that skill into real game situations" What part of that do you not understand? I can certainly start using monosyllabic words should you prefer.

As to my being a "junior-highschool English teacher". Sorry. You are just a bit off base. I have been an Elementary School science teacher and baseball and basketball coach; a High School Earth Science and Chemistry teacher; a High School Varsity Basketball head coach as well as a baseball junior varsity head coach; a university associate professor (Secondary Education "How to Teach Science"). Unfortunately, I was never an English teacher of any type.

I did, however, successfully test out of all University requirements for basic English composition while a student (I find English courses to be boring). Oh ... and I spent 18 years writing full and part time for various newspapers starting at the LA Times while working my way through my first college degree. Unfortunately, my academic/athletic scholarship only paid tuition and did not cover room, board, and other expenses.

Any other questions class?
shnjb
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:59 am    Post subject:

Quote:

Since you are having difficulties reading let me repeat a snippet from my post above. "Criticize him all you want for choking right now and being unable to translate that skill into real game situations" What part of that do you not understand?

In no part of that babble have you addressed specifically Sasha's inability to knock down shots, although that alone is his designated role on this team.
Note that you said:

Quote:
Isn't THAT exactly the criticism I leveled at Sash in my post you just referenced?

So no, you haven't leveled that EXACT criticism at "Sash" (petname I suppose?) in your initial post.

Quote:
What part of that do you not understand? I can certainly start using monosyllabic words should you prefer.

Oh, I'm certain that a pre-school child could understand your Dr. Seuss level of vocabulary.
Rest assured, your posts are misunderstood not for their use of challenging words, but for their lack of clarity and logic.

Besides, this is an internet message board, not an essay writing contest.
As long as people are able to communicate with each other using somewhat coherent sentences, we'll be fine.
Perhaps in elementary school, they value trivial things like spelling but most adults don't when they're posting on a freakin' internet message board.

Quote:

I have been an Elementary School science teacher and baseball and basketball coach; a High School Earth Science and Chemistry teacher; a High School Varsity Basketball head coach as well as a baseball junior varsity head coach; a university associate professor (Secondary Education "How to Teach Science"). Unfortunately, I was never an English teacher of any type.

Wow.
What an impressive resume!
Perhaps you could send it to Blockbuster and get hired right away.
"Associate professor" for "How to Teach Science."

Yeah, I'm sure they have that course at Harvard University.

Quote:
As to my being a "junior-highschool English teacher". Sorry. You are just a bit off base.

So you WERE actually an ELEMENTARY (lol) and a highschool teacher; it sounds like I wasn't that off with my prognostication.
(In case you didn't realize it the first time, my snide comment about your being a jr. highschool teacher was poking fun at jr. highschool/highschool teachers and alike... Not ELEMENTARY school teachers though. )

Quote:

I did, however, successfully test out of all University requirements for basic English composition while a student (I find English courses to be boring).

You too?
I have also achieved very high scores in my SAT verbal and writing (math too in case you're wondering) and did not need to take any English courses at my university.
I'm also tutoring students SAT (verbal and writing sections included) part-time while being a univ. student.
And no, I'm not an English major or anything of the kind as I'm actually studying for the MCAT, which will be taken in April.

Quote:
Oh ... and I spent 18 years writing full and part time for various newspapers starting at the LA Times while working my way through my first college degree. Unfortunately, my academic/athletic scholarship only paid tuition and did not cover room, board, and other expenses.

Is that the excuse for your lack of success?

Quote:
Any other questions class?

I'm sorry, associate professor, but with all due respect, I only attend classes and seminars lectured by those with PhD.... or should I call you an elementary school teacher?
NY_LakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:53 pm    Post subject:

shnjb ... My apologies. I did not realize I was arguing with a child who has never even stepped onto a basketball court in a real game. I'll stop right now. I am truly sorry I ever decided to criticize your writing or your posts. I try and make it a point to never get upset with challenged students. It is, after all, not their fault they were born with diminished mental abilities. Please, though, let me share with you a few definitions. The first was one you used absoutely incorrectly and I just would like to help further your education. The other two are simply by way of helping you comprehend ... opps, sorry ... understand ... oops again ... learn the meaning of those words.

prognostication:
1. To predict according to present indications or signs; foretell. See Synonyms at predict.
2. To foreshadow; portend: urban renewal that prognosticates a social and cultural renaissance.

I believe the word you were looking for would be "guess".

choking:
To fail to perform effectively because of nervous agitation or tension, especially in an athletic contest: choked by missing an easy putt on the final hole.

This would be used in a sentence such as "Criticize him all you want for CHOKING right now and being unable to translate that skill into real game situations". That means ... he was not able to put the ball in the basket (stated VERY slowly).

lierate:
adj.
1.a. Able to read and write.
b. Knowledgeable or educated in a particular field or fields.
2. Familiar with literature; literary.
3. Well-written; polished: a literate essay.

n.
1. One who can read and write.
2. A well-informed, educated person.

It is both unfortunate and well-publicized that literacy has become a lost art in our country. It is the primary reason the SAT has been revised. It is also the reason why New York State ... the state with the absolute toughest teaching standards in the country ... now requires that all college students must now complete a substantial amount of composition and other literacy work before graduating regardless of their academic discipline. Even would be physicians must do so. And all prospective teachers must learn to include literacy lessons in EVERY course ... even science.

If you are honestly planning a career in a medical field, do your future patients a favor and learn to use the English language properly. If you were educated in California, you really should seek tutoring in basic English composition. I am ashamed of what has happened in my original home state but the educational system there is a standing but sad joke.

As to my own REAL credentials. Feel free to make light of them all you want. You have not, as yet, any real world experience so it is understandable that you fear what you don't know. And, as it is well known, humor is the best defense against fear of the unknown. Having spent the first 15 years of my own adult life in corporate environments just for the sake of making "big bucks", I decided to switch gears and do something I love ... teaching and coaching. Luckily I no longer need to worry about earning a six figure income as I have long ago paid off my land and home and have a very comfortable retirement already guaranteed. I now work more for fun than for money. Hopefully, you will be lucky AND smart enough to have a similar revelation when you enter the adult world.
Sidious
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:00 pm    Post subject:

Seriously, how many times have you seen Sasha make a strong athletic NBA level move and finish over a defender? This is a legitimate question, I don't think the guy is physically capable of playing in this league. I've never seen a guy so physically inferior to the rest of the players.
tgf5
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:35 pm    Post subject:

If Sasha is a spot up shooter than he should never be taking layups. So I really don't know what's just_looking's obsession is.

Sasha is not the next Steve Nash... :roll:
KB8@LG
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:40 pm    Post subject:

I donĀ“t want to ever hear again he can shoot

WOW all he does is taking wide open jumpers and his percentage is ATROCIOUS. 28% last year and 33% this year. he has made 1 or 2 layups in his life and he got rejected about 10 times. thats sums up his slashing ability. Seriously he is trash
NY_LakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:46 pm    Post subject:

tgf5 wrote:
If Sasha is a spot up shooter than he should never be taking layups. So I really don't know what's just_looking's obsession is.

What obsession??? I said this was not a proper criticism. I did NOT say he is a great spot up shooter. In fact, I specifically said he is NOT showing that skill in real games. My only argument is with illogical haters who post nonsense such as this thread. You can't condemn a player for not having a skill set that he was never expected to have in the first place. I find it unbelievable that people like you cannot understand that. It's like saying Kwame is awful because he can't initiate the triangle or bring the ball up court. Kwame IS awaful but not for those reasons. Capeesh?
tgf5
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:52 pm    Post subject:

Just_Looking wrote:
tgf5 wrote:

What obsession??? I said this was not a proper criticism. I did NOT say he is a great spot up shooter. In fact, I specifically said he is NOT showing that skill in real games. My only argument is with illogical haters who post nonsense such as this thread. You can't condemn a player for not having a skill set that he was never expected to have in the first place. I find it unbelievable that people like you cannot understand that. It's like saying Kwame is awful because he can't initiate the triangle or bring the ball up court. Kwame IS awaful but not for those reasons. Capeesh?

Dude wth are you doing bringing a dictionary into this thread for?

Quote:
lierate:
adj.

Sasha was actually expected to be able to spot up and shoot. It just isn't working out. Kwame was never asked to bring the ball up the court either.
LA Lakers 41790
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 2:11 pm    Post subject:

Just_Looking wrote:
uberzev wrote:
Just_Looking wrote:

That you Sasha?

In all honesty, I cannot defend Sasha's game right now ... he has regressed after the early promise he showed this season. But ... just so you DO understand my logic ... let me S P E L L it out. Criticizing a spot up jump shooter for not going to the basket is really really D U M B.

I totally agree with u and u never said sasha is a good spot up shooter just he is one. but man why do u have a spot up shooter on the team who can only make his shots during practice?
tgf5
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 2:13 pm    Post subject:

LA Lakers 41790 wrote:
Just_Looking wrote:
uberzev wrote:
Just_Looking wrote:

That you Sasha?

In all honesty, I cannot defend Sasha's game right now ... he has regressed after the early promise he showed this season. But ... just so you DO understand my logic ... let me S P E L L it out. Criticizing a spot up jump shooter for not going to the basket is really really D U M B.

I totally agree with u and u never said sasha is a good spot up shooter just he is one. but man why do u have a spot up shooter on the team who can only make his shots during practice?

Horry didn't need to take it to the hole because he made shots. If Kerr was taking it to the hole I would critcize him because what was he doing taking it to the hole when he can make shots at a very high percentage?
NY_LakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 2:16 pm    Post subject:

LA Lakers 41790 wrote:
Just_Looking wrote:
uberzev wrote:
Just_Looking wrote:

That you Sasha?

Thank you!! Finally someone with a modicum of intelligence.

I think the problem is just how good he DOES look in practice. According to Kobe he is the best shooter on the team IN PRACTICE. I played alongside a guy like that in college. Damn guy was a spot up sharpshooter. Had been in High School, too. But once he got into a real college game ... BRICKS!!! It got to where I hated passing him the ball for fear he'd let one fly.
venicebeach
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 2:26 pm    Post subject:

In Europe there was more good player, but not sasha
shnjb
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 2:28 pm    Post subject:

Just_Looking wrote:
shnjb ... My apologies. I did not realize I was arguing with a child who has never even stepped onto a basketball court in a real game. I'll stop right now. I am truly sorry I ever decided to criticize your writing or your posts. I try and make it a point to never get upset with challenged students. It is, after all, not their fault they were born with diminished mental abilities. Please, though, let me share with you a few definitions. The first was one you used absoutely incorrectly and I just would like to help further your education. The other two are simply by way of helping you comprehend ... opps, sorry ... understand ... oops again ... learn the meaning of those words.

prognostication:
1. To predict according to present indications or signs; foretell. See Synonyms at predict.
2. To foreshadow; portend: urban renewal that prognosticates a social and cultural renaissance.

I believe the word you were looking for would be "guess".

choking:
To fail to perform effectively because of nervous agitation or tension, especially in an athletic contest: choked by missing an easy putt on the final hole.

This would be used in a sentence such as "Criticize him all you want for CHOKING right now and being unable to translate that skill into real game situations". That means ... he was not able to put the ball in the basket (stated VERY slowly).

lierate:
adj.

n.
1. One who can read and write.
2. A well-informed, educated person.

It is both unfortunate and well-publicized that literacy has become a lost art in our country. It is the primary reason the SAT has been revised. It is also the reason why New York State ... the state with the absolute toughest teaching standards in the country ... now requires that all college students must now complete a substantial amount of composition and other literacy work before graduating regardless of their academic discipline. Even would be physicians must do so. And all prospective teachers must learn to include literacy lessons in EVERY course ... even science.

If you are honestly planning a career in a medical field, do your future patients a favor and learn to use the English language properly. If you were educated in California, you really should seek tutoring in basic English composition. I am ashamed of what has happened in my original home state but the educational system there is a standing but sad joke.

As to my own REAL credentials. Feel free to make light of them all you want. You have not, as yet, any real world experience so it is understandable that you fear what you don't know. And, as it is well known, humor is the best defense against fear of the unknown. Having spent the first 15 years of my own adult life in corporate environments just for the sake of making "big bucks", I decided to switch gears and do something I love ... teaching and coaching. Luckily I no longer need to worry about earning a six figure income as I have long ago paid off my land and home and have a very comfortable retirement already guaranteed. I now work more for fun than for money. Hopefully, you will be lucky AND smart enough to have a similar revelation when you enter the adult world.

Thanks for a completely irrelevant and useless post.

Oh, and nobody here is interested in hearing about your pedestrian life or your sad accomplishments; so take your fourth grade level teaching and advices elsewhere.

And for the record, CHOCKING does not in any way implicate that Sasha is a poor shooter.
A choker is someone whose quality of play drops at crucial times- not necessarily a bad shooter.

It's a travesty how badly the quality of public K-12 education has fallen, that they have now resorted to hiring those who take 18 years to get a "college degree."

As for your claim that Californian K-12 education has failed me, I was lucky enough to attend private schools; lucky me, I was able to avoid clowns like you.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: