Charles Barkley dunk the old timers may remember

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:27 pm    Post subject: Charles Barkley dunk the old timers may remember

I can't find it mentioned anywhere and could find it on YouTube...

But I recall a game where a young Charles Barkley trying to show off against the Lakers in Philly, did a slam dunk, but his head was right under the basket and the ball passed through the rim, but not the net and bounced off his dome and out of bounds and it was ruled "No basket" and Lakers ball!

Anyone else recall seeing that play?

Is it on the net anywhere?

TNT should be playing that clip (maybe they have ?) as I don't watch him on there...
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Charles Barkley dunk the old timers may remember

unleasHell wrote:
I can't find it mentioned anywhere and could find it on YouTube...

But I recall a game where a young Charles Barkley trying to show off against the Lakers in Philly, did a slam dunk, but his head was right under the basket and the ball passed through the rim, but not the net and bounced off his dome and out of bounds and it was ruled "No basket" and Lakers ball!

Anyone else recall seeing that play?

Is it on the net anywhere?

TNT should be playing that clip (maybe they have ?) as I don't watch him on there...

It's hard to imagine a play like that not being mentioned or shown anywhere.

I wonder if it was just a blown dunk off the rim that you mis-remember as going off his head.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:57 pm    Post subject:

Misremembering is an old timer problem. Or i think it is.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Charles Barkley dunk the old timers may remember

activeverb wrote:
I wonder if it was just a blown dunk off the rim that you mis-remember as going off his head.

You'd be surprised what I remember, it went off his head, there will be someone else in here that will recall the play...

It was a bit similar to this play except Charles was the one with the ball, he did not receive a pass:

http://www.thatnbalotterypick.com/tyson-chandler-misses-alley-oop-dunk-after-ball-bounces-off-his-head/

(I'm still searching)
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:39 am    Post subject:

Paging NPZ
rmonkey
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:20 pm    Post subject:

I was at this game at the Forum.
Charles was on a break-away. He dunked the ball and his momentum carried him under the rim. The ball hit him in the head before it cleared the net and bounced back out.

Yes, I am an old timer.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:26 pm    Post subject:

rmonkey wrote:
I was at this game at the Forum.
Charles was on a break-away. He dunked the ball and his momentum carried him under the rim. The ball hit him in the head before it cleared the net and bounced back out.

Yes, I am an old timer.

Exactly,

I knew I saw it, but there are no clips or references of the play on the internet..

Thanks man...
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: