Ball vs. DLO
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:09 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
epak wrote:
Just thinking about the offense, since Lonzo is a low usage player, we don't have to think of it as a Ball vs DLO thing.
Perhaps we need another thread for a BI vs DLO.

Considering the quality of our 1/2 court offense maybe we shouldn't ask questions we don't want the real answer to. 😁
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:12 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Maybe in the first 1-2 preseason games (maybe DLO plays SPL?) it would be awkward, but I have no doubt the two would have meshed nicely. When it would be obvious that Lonzo could operate the full court game, and then both could run the half court game together, would have been nice.

I think it would be more seamless. In Vegas, Vander Blue and Brandon Ingram have played a "trail wing" spot while Kuzma and others were flying all the way to the hoop in transition. Vander shot those 3s at will and hit well above average. Brandon, rarely, if ever settles for that 3-ball and has forced the action at the paint with a change of direction and long strides.

DAR, gives you both options with a quicker shot release.

Yeah, it would have been nice. Can we get guards with healthy knees please?

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:30 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:

I think it would be more seamless. In Vegas, Vander Blue and Brandon Ingram have played a "trail wing" spot while Kuzma and others were flying all the way to the hoop in transition. Vander shot those 3s at will and hit well above average. Brandon, rarely, if ever settles for that 3-ball and has forced the action at the paint with a change of direction and long strides.

DAR, gives you both options with a quicker shot release.

Yeah, it would have been nice. Can we get guards with healthy knees please?

tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:12 pm    Post subject:

Ujah's Goat wrote:
tox wrote:
Ujah's Goat wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Fastbreak32 wrote:
Drifts wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Drifts wrote:
Fastbreak32 wrote:
This is such a strange thread. For one, Lonzo is here and Dlo isn't, so why even start this conversation? Secondly, most who supported Dlo the previous two seasons actually concede that Lonzo is the better player. If anything we just wanted to see if they could co-exist.

judging by the way Ball has played so far, Russell would surely be playing behind him... which means, either Russell plays the SG position, or he goes to the bench... something he pouted and whined about before..

Russell hated playing SG so much that he suggested he & JC switch roles last year so he could play SG.

“If I got the opportunity to play with him now I would rather him have the ball in his hands and me play off the ball,” Russell said. “Usually when we play in the previous times, it’s been me having the ball, him being a shooting guard off the ball. I want to see how if we’re switched around how that goes.”

reading is fundamental.

You also said he "would surely be playing behind him."

Fundamental indeed.

Keyword: or.

Both of you are assuming that Russell would be starting at SG. Why? Even if that was what we fans wanted, or the player himself wanted, that’s not the vision the FO had for him.

When D’Lo was drafted he was clearly brought in to be our PG of the future. What does it mean when the FO drafts another PG with their lotto pick and had previously given Clarkson a $56mill extension to play SG for us? Given our personnel, the reason he was drafted to begin with, and his missed game time this season, it’s a tough sell to say D’Lo would have been our starting SG next to Ball had he stayed on the team.

So because Russell originally is drafted to play "PG" we might as well trade him even if he's a viable "SG" because that's not what he was brought in to be? Seriously?

Not to mention how reductive this "PG" and "SG" nonsense is to begin with.

As I said, these nuances may not matter to you (and similar posters) but it did matter to the decision makers.

That's not nuance. That's the opposite of nuance. It's reductive and silly, and even I don't think so lowly of Magic to think he'd have that kind of decree.

Note: I'm not disagreeing that Magic saw him as a "PG" and that's one reason he shipped him out when we got #2. But I'm disagreeing with the specific argument, that the reason Magic saw him as a "PG" was because he was drafted as one. Magic saw him as a "PG" due to the way he sees Russell in the NBA game, not because of how he was drafted.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:19 pm    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
I'm just going to leave this here

Randle
Kuzma/Nance
Ingram
DLO/Nwaba
Ball

We'd still have KCP money (minus Nwaba's $2M contract) too. Maybe sign Tyreke and Thabo to give more depth.
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:03 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
I'm just going to leave this here

Randle
Kuzma/Nance
Ingram
DLO/Nwaba
Ball

We'd still have KCP money (minus Nwaba's $2M contract) too. Maybe sign Tyreke and Thabo to give more depth.

With Ball / Dlo / JC / Nwaba, we wouldn't need another guard (until injury). We probably would have spent the $$ on improving depth at the 3.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:43 pm    Post subject:

We also wouldn’t crater when Lonzo is hurt (and to be fair Dlo is this year). But in theory both could run the team. Right now it’s ennis. Yuck.
SDLakersFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:02 pm    Post subject:

Elephant in the room: did guys really like playing with Russell?

It's mainly speculation but body language amoungst other things would indicate that Ingram and Randle didn't really rock with dude. Plus I'm sure a lot of guys around the league felt some type of way about his whole snapchat debacle.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:05 pm    Post subject:

LakersRGolden wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
epak wrote:
Just thinking about the offense, since Lonzo is a low usage player, we don't have to think of it as a Ball vs DLO thing.
Perhaps we need another thread for a BI vs DLO.

Considering the quality of our 1/2 court offense maybe we shouldn't ask questions we don't want the real answer to. 😁

Who needs a guard who can score out of the PnR in crunch time, anyway?*

*to greenfrog: yes, DLo needs to continue to improve there
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:07 pm    Post subject:

SDLakersFan wrote:

It's mainly speculation but body language amoungst other things would indicate that Ingram and Randle didn't really rock with dude. Plus I'm sure a lot of guys around the league felt some type of way about his whole snapchat debacle.

Nick Young seemed fine with him on the court
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:36 pm    Post subject:

SDLakersFan wrote:

I don't think so.
Ujah's Goat
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:41 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:

Note: I'm not disagreeing that Magic saw him as a "PG" and that's one reason he shipped him out when we got #2. But I'm disagreeing with the specific argument, that the reason Magic saw him as a "PG" was because he was drafted as one. Magic saw him as a "PG" due to the way he sees Russell in the NBA game, not because of how he was drafted.

Cool. Never said the main reason he was traded was due to the position he was drafted for. That would be cap space wrapped with perceived personality issues.

I am disagreeing with the notion that D’Lo would be a surefire starter alongside Lonzo this season. Had D’Lo been on the team, the FO situation would have still been he same (read: Magic) and all indication points to us still signing KCP. ZO2 & D’Lo may have been fun, but I don’t think it would have happened the way many in this thread think.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:38 pm    Post subject:

He's back!
Fortysixn2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:43 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
He's back!

0-5 (1pt) And 2 turnovers in 14 minutes, looks like he put some weight on too....
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:45 pm    Post subject:

Fortysixn2 wrote:
epak wrote:
He's back!

0-5 (1pt) And 2 turnovers in 14 minutes, looks like he put some weight on too....

They said he bulked up while rehabbing
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:57 pm    Post subject:

14 min. Glad he's back.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:36 am    Post subject:

Ujah's Goat wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Fastbreak32 wrote:
Drifts wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Drifts wrote:
Fastbreak32 wrote:
This is such a strange thread. For one, Lonzo is here and Dlo isn't, so why even start this conversation? Secondly, most who supported Dlo the previous two seasons actually concede that Lonzo is the better player. If anything we just wanted to see if they could co-exist.

judging by the way Ball has played so far, Russell would surely be playing behind him... which means, either Russell plays the SG position, or he goes to the bench... something he pouted and whined about before..

Russell hated playing SG so much that he suggested he & JC switch roles last year so he could play SG.

“If I got the opportunity to play with him now I would rather him have the ball in his hands and me play off the ball,” Russell said. “Usually when we play in the previous times, it’s been me having the ball, him being a shooting guard off the ball. I want to see how if we’re switched around how that goes.”

reading is fundamental.

Fundamental indeed.

there is a FUNDAMENTAL difference between the word "or" and the word "and"

I'm just glad somebody knows the meaning of the word "or"

I salute you @Ujah's Goat
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:51 am    Post subject:

SDLakersFan wrote:

I don't think they had any issues playing with Russell, but I can't stress the fact that it's much easier to play with a playmaking point guard like Lonzo than a shoot-first PG than Russell.

anyways, Russell was traded because he acted like he was the leader of the team but Magic didn't see much leadership qualities in him.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:03 am    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
Ujah's Goat wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Fastbreak32 wrote:
Drifts wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Drifts wrote:
Fastbreak32 wrote:

reading is fundamental.

Fundamental indeed.

Surely.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:08 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Drifts wrote:
Ujah's Goat wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Fastbreak32 wrote:
Drifts wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Drifts wrote:
Fastbreak32 wrote:

reading is fundamental.

Fundamental indeed.

Surely.

awwww... come on GT... I got you there... lol

AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:31 am    Post subject:

Can we add Clarkson to this Poll... 😜
cthroatgtr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:46 am    Post subject:

NJ Nets are using him better. DLO was very good mid range, especially coming off screens. His 3 ball was always up and down and it has been mostly down with NJ. I never trusted his 3 when he was with the Lakers. Very streaky shooter there. Luke runs a different style offense that doesn't suit DLO well. DLO would be great with Dantoni however.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:07 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Can we add Clarkson to this Poll... 😜

Ball v DLo v JC v Kemba?
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:03 am    Post subject:

I really wish we had both.

!...
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:42 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
SDLakersFan wrote:

I don't think so.

I don't know the answer to this question, but there was something strange I noticed during last season's exit interviews. Every player mentioned they were excited about Ingram and his work ethic and how much he's improved. Only one person mentioned DLO along with Ingram and that was Nance. Not sure if it had anything to do with team chemistry or the players were just saying what they thought everyone wanted to hear, but it was odd none the less.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 19 of 22
Jump to: