Ball vs. DLO
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:05 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
SDLakersFan wrote:
Elephant in the room: did guys really like playing with Russell?

It's mainly speculation but body language amoungst other things would indicate that Ingram and Randle didn't really rock with dude. Plus I'm sure a lot of guys around the league felt some type of way about his whole snapchat debacle.

I don't think so.

I don't know the answer to this question, but there was something strange I noticed during last season's exit interviews. Every player mentioned they were excited about Ingram and his work ethic and how much he's improved. Only one person mentioned DLO along with Ingram and that was Nance. Not sure if it had anything to do with team chemistry or the players were just saying what they thought everyone wanted to hear, but it was odd none the less.

Russell is in a much better place: https://i.makeagif.com/media/1-20-2018/a90bcL.gif
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:18 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
SDLakersFan wrote:
Elephant in the room: did guys really like playing with Russell?

It's mainly speculation but body language amoungst other things would indicate that Ingram and Randle didn't really rock with dude. Plus I'm sure a lot of guys around the league felt some type of way about his whole snapchat debacle.

I don't think so.

I don't know the answer to this question, but there was something strange I noticed during last season's exit interviews. Every player mentioned they were excited about Ingram and his work ethic and how much he's improved. Only one person mentioned DLO along with Ingram and that was Nance. Not sure if it had anything to do with team chemistry or the players were just saying what they thought everyone wanted to hear, but it was odd none the less.

Russell is in a much better place: https://i.makeagif.com/media/1-20-2018/a90bcL.gif

I agree. I like how they compete every night, even with injured stars. Just like the Spurs.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:20 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
Can we add Clarkson to this Poll... 😜

Ball v DLo v JC v Kemba?

Tomorrow:
Ball v DLO v JC v Kemba v Rubio

Tomorrow Tomorrow:
Ball v DLO v JC v Kemba v Rubio v Hill
ingle
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:46 am    Post subject:

Surreal now watching Byron's interview on the night that DLo was drafted. Watch the first 2 minutes of that.. "maturity", "Kobe's going to love him" LMAO

DLo is like the 10 that turned out to be (bleep) crazy, so you do the sensible thing and cut your losses. I think DLo has all-star talent , but the second they drafted Lonzo DLo was on borrowed time. Kuz, Brook and getting out of Mozgov's albatross was still a great return for a guy who had no future here.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:16 am    Post subject:

Kobe did wind up loving him, and Byron told Russell to stop working so hard so he could save some for the game and find a routine.

So Russell took the advice and eased up a bit, and then Byron went to the media to bash his work ethic.

Don't think their relationship was salvageable after that.

Also I'm pretty sure the "teammates don't like him" thing was put to bed when his teammates all spent time around him and had fun with him when he came back to LA and he was seen messing around with Julius.

That and we already know that he and Larry were close, especially given Larry's reactions to when he was traded.

I think the only player that actually had an issue with him was Nick and even then, they were over it by the middle of last season, as teammates anyway.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:11 am    Post subject:

PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:18 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Kobe did wind up loving him, and Byron told Russell to stop working so hard so he could save some for the game and find a routine.

So Russell took the advice and eased up a bit, and then Byron went to the media to bash his work ethic.

Also I'm pretty sure the "teammates don't like him" thing was put to bed when his teammates all spent time around him and had fun with him when he came back to LA and he was seen messing around with Julius.

That and we already know that he and Larry were close, especially given Larry's reactions to when he was traded.

I think the only player that actually had an issue with him was Nick and even then, they were over it by the middle of last season, as teammates anyway.

What was Lukes grip with him based on then?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:35 am    Post subject:

PayasoLoco wrote:
MJST wrote:

What was Lukes grip with him based on then?

Ask Jules and JC. Luke has an issue with them too for some reason.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:38 am    Post subject:

BI was one person that was never that fond of DLO
tnell
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:52 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:53 am    Post subject:

tnell wrote:
2019 wrote:

You have something to contribute to my statement of just an emoji?
tnell
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:56 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
tnell wrote:
2019 wrote:

I just find it funny because you made the statement like you have personal knowledge of their relationship.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:57 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

Is this true?
If so, that's hilarious.
It's like reverse psychology didn't work.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:06 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
tnell wrote:
2019 wrote:

By the same token, do you have something substantial to back up the claim BI was never that fond of DLO? And if so, why? Or is this just guess work based on 'body language?'

I like basketball talk, but I've always had a big disdain for gossip columns. This whole 'personality' discussion reeks of the latter imo.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:13 am    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
2019 wrote:
tnell wrote:
2019 wrote:

By the same token, do you have something substantial to back up the claim BI was never that fond of DLO? And if so, why? Or is this just guess work based on 'body language?'

I like basketball talk, but I've always had a big disdain for gossip columns. This whole 'personality' discussion reeks of the latter imo.

Actually I think this is true. But, all I have to base it on is a pregame interview with BI when we played BKN.

His responses to DLO being back st Staples were markedly different than JCs.

For instance, JC said he talked to him but BI said he didn’t but on the court he would let him know that he is here now or something to that effect.
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:17 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
2019 wrote:
tnell wrote:
2019 wrote:

Actually I think this is true. But, all I have to base it on is a pregame interview with BI when we played BKN.

For instance, JC said he talked to him but BI said he didn’t but on the court he would let him know that he is here now or something to that effect.

By that standard BI has a beef with everyone. He's just BI.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:19 am    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
2019 wrote:
tnell wrote:
2019 wrote:

I've heard things from some people who are familiar with the NBA. -- a lot of people just didn't vibe with DLO's personality. People thought he was too much of a goofball behind the scenes but then tried to be the tough guy when the lights came on.

I don't care for the tabloid stuff either but there is a discussion going on whether or not guys on this squad liked playing with DLO. I added to that convo. And again, I hate the tabloid stuff but here are some facts: at one point during the season DLO posed a photo of him and BI with he caption "Dude been ballin'". As soon as the trade happened that picture was deleted and those 2 stopped following one another. That did not happen with any of his other former teammates. It sounds juvenile, I know, but those things did happen. Then when they played, there was talking between BI and DLO when he blocked DLO dunk attempt. When asked about it after the game, seemed like BI seemed a little coy but it there was some more to it.

So yeah, I pay attention to these type of things. Some don't but to me, those are pretty good indicators they were not particularly bonded the way Nance/JC/Randle/Zu etc were with Russell.

And for the record, I would not have made the trade. I've always been one of the biggest DLO supporters on here. This is not me trying to hate on anybody be over dramatic. These are things that I've noticed and kinda heard around the business side of the NBA.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:22 am    Post subject:

LakersRGolden wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
2019 wrote:
tnell wrote:
2019 wrote:

Did you see the interview? Didn’t seem like he had a beef with him per se, but more, wasn’t particularly fond of him.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:45 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
LakersRGolden wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
2019 wrote:
tnell wrote:
2019 wrote:

Did you see the interview? Didn’t seem like he had a beef with him per se, but more, wasn’t particularly fond of him.

This is all I said that sparked this debate.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:49 am    Post subject:

^ Yeah. BI didn’t say any of the standard stuff like “sad to see him go but gotta understand this is a business” would be the standard response.

And the way he said “no”, it was more like a “nahhhhh”. Haha
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:56 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
^ Yeah. BI didn’t say any of the standard stuff like “sad to see him go but gotta understand this is a business” would be the standard response.

And the way he said “no”, it was more like a “nahhhhh”. Haha

I did noticed when DLO & Ingram were guarding each other things got a little chippy between them. It look like the most pathetic slap fight was about to break out. 😂
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:00 am    Post subject:

This last page is full of unproven rumors and personal opinions on both sides. As usual, we're never going to get anywhere arguing about the Dlo situation. Best to just move on.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:31 am    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:
This last page is full of unproven rumors and personal opinions on both sides. As usual, we're never going to get anywhere arguing about the Dlo situation. Best to just move on.

No such luck. There will always be someone who will bring up DLO and the process will start all over again. More threads will be created with hypothetical DLO situations. The LG debate will go on for decades. For some, it's like a yearning for that first love that you'll never have back. Remember when Qui-Gon Gin went to his grave thinking Anikan was the one. There will be those who will go to their graves thinking DLO was the one. Multiple Lakers podcasts surfaced around the time DLO entered the league, signaling "A New Hope". And even though those are some of my favorite podcasts to listen to (like Lakers Legacy) they have a hard time letting go till this day. When fans tell Jonathan (the main dude) to move on he says that he doesn't have to move on, this is his podcast so he can say whatever he wants, and says that he defended DLO for two years so he can mourn however long he wants. I never miss an episode, but that is the mentality of some people here. I guess it's like the Greyjoys war cry, "What is dead may never die."

And for this is coming from someone who preferred that DLO was starting next to Zo.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:18 pm    Post subject:

Thankfully Kobe and Shaq were BFFs.
Ujah's Goat
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:03 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Remember when Qui-Gon Gin went to his grave thinking Anikan was the one.

But Anikan was the one..

Quote:
I guess it's like the Greyjoys war cry, "What is dead may never die."

Greyjoys do a whole lot of losing :/
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 20 of 22
Jump to: