Press Enterprise: Kupchak doesn't expect to make trade
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaggerInTheHeart
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:47 pm    Post subject:

Does anyone wish they wake up one morining and they see this on ESPN news:

BREAKING NEWS: Lakers have completed a blockbuster trade that would send Rashard Lewis & Evans to the Lakers.

wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:50 pm    Post subject:

DaggerInTheHeart wrote:

BREAKING NEWS: Lakers have completed a blockbuster trade that would send Rashard Lewis & Evans to the Lakers.

No

We don't need a SF gunner on the team.

Now if we traded for a PF and PG - That's another story. Those are Laker weaknesess.

PF - Toughness defensively, shotblocking
PG - Pressure defense
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LA Lakers 41790
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:53 pm    Post subject:

I still have no idea why mitch wouldnt want to make a trade even after i heard all ur guys' reasons we're at .500 , unless mitch really does make a trade...
lionballer7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 2:07 pm    Post subject:

Despite what Wolf says, yes I would like the Lakers to make a trade like that...

Yes we need defense and toughness, but we also need talent too and Evans and Murray are pretty talented.

Lewis>Odom
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 2:08 pm    Post subject:

In a sense, all trades are unlikely. Another bidder comes along and deals that were once thought to be done deals fall apart.
DaggerInTheHeart
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 2:10 pm    Post subject:

angel wrote:
In a sense, all trades are unlikely. Another bidder comes along and deals that were once thought to be done deals fall apart.

Isn't that the case with Mitch everytime?
vtar43
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 2:24 pm    Post subject:

I remember Lionel The Laker couple of weeks ago garantied us a trade before the deadline.
Are you Lionel still saying that the trade will happened
Showtime_Returns
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 2:29 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
DaggerInTheHeart wrote:

No

We don't need a SF gunner on the team.

Now if we traded for a PF and PG - That's another story. Those are Laker weaknesess.

PF - Toughness defensively, shotblocking
PG - Pressure defense

Yes we do. Get a reliable 2nd option and then focus on improving other aspects of the team. Odom+whoever trade for Lewis, Murray and Fortson would address the weaknesses you speak of and improve the bench.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 2:30 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Yes we do. Get a reliable 2nd option and then focus on improving other aspects of the team. Odom+whoever trade for Lewis, Murray and Fortson would address the weaknesses you speak of and improve the bench

And who runs the point?

Rebounding?

Yesterday Odom had only 3 boards. Saw the result? It was ugly. We got killed on the glass.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
DaggerInTheHeart
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 2:36 pm    Post subject:

What is the PF/PG you speak of wolf? Rashard can post-up since he's 6'10.
Showtime_Returns
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 2:43 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Quote:
Yes we do. Get a reliable 2nd option and then focus on improving other aspects of the team. Odom+whoever trade for Lewis, Murray and Fortson would address the weaknesses you speak of and improve the bench

And who runs the point?

Rebounding?

Yesterday Odom had only 3 boards. Saw the result? It was ugly. We got killed on the glass.

Murray, Smush or Kobe. All I see Odom doing now is bringing the ball up the court, hand it off to Kobe, let him do his thing. Rebounding can be made up by Fortson and I would expect Bynum, Kwame, Mihm to play bigger roles in the rebounding department.
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 2:48 pm    Post subject:

lakersboxershorts wrote:
I just dont think Mitch can manuver moves like West or any other top GM in any sport. There was something on the table with NY, but they wanted Bynum and we wanted Frye, so no deal. Is it difficult to find a third team to parlay with? A third team could come in and offer the difference to make a deal work, its all about creativity, intelligence, and manuvering moves....................................................... What moves has Mitch ever manuvered since becoming a GM. Seriously! Besides the obvious Shaq trade, and the BS that came after that, Payton for Mihm, etc

On that note, I still feel the Payton for Mihm deal was horrible. We could have kept Payton (who felt jifted after the trade) and picked up a servicable bigman of equal talent and skill to Mihm... it's Chris Mihm people hes not hard to replace... or if Mitch was savvy, he could have done BETTER than Mihm. Gary can obviously still play.

This team lacks veterans who can provide leadership. The Bulls had it. The Rockets had it. The Pistons have it.

LETS DO THE DAMN THING!

brown
cook
odom
bryant
payton

or

mihm
brown
odom
bryant
parker

?????
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 2:50 pm    Post subject:

why are people talking about odom for lewis? the sonics would be freaking psycho to do something like that unless bynum was included or something.
Ank
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 2:52 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Quote:

And who runs the point?

Rebounding?

I think Wolf is talking about KMart and Watson.

Here's the issue. Before yesterday, we probably didn't have enough value to get both. Now, KMart is somewhat injured and complaining of pain. I'd say that might have changed things. From reading this forum, I'd come to the opinion that a KMart trade was nearly 100% and that we were fighting for Watson. Mitch is conservative. With this new development, one of two things can happen. The Nuggets are even more up against the wall and include watson, OR the Lakers get scared at the prospect of killing their cap space plans for an injured player. Can someone help me figure out which of those things it is, OR if maybe the target wasn't KMart all along and I just guessed wrong.
Showtime_Returns
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 3:05 pm    Post subject:

^^^^^^
K-Mart's knees coupled with his contract are enough to scare off anybody. A healthy Kmart and Watson would easily make this team Western Conference contenders. I doubt that the Lakers had any interest in K-MArt considering they would have to trade Odom to make salaries work.
Ank
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 3:11 pm    Post subject:

Showtime_Returns wrote:
^^^^^^
K-Mart's knees coupled with his contract are enough to scare off anybody. A healthy Kmart and Watson would easily make this team Western Conference contenders. I doubt that the Lakers had any interest in K-MArt considering they would have to trade Odom to make salaries work.

No, they would not have had to trade Odom. Everything we've read on these forums suggests that a package built around Mihm and expiring contracts would still get it donw.
KA_2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 5:39 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Quote:
That was kobe's best shot at winning without shaq immedietely. Trading bynum for artest and having Artest kobe and Lamar. Bynum is not closer to being ready. I can not see him getting big minuets under phil jackson until maybe the 3rd yr. That's 3 wasted yrs out of kobe's prime.

And in 3 years Bynum could be the anchor inside and a real low post Center.

Even a 15/10 Center is more valuable than a SF like Artest. No matter how good that SF is on defense - The Center has more impact on the game defensively and offensively.

Very easy to aquire 3's in the league. Caron Butler is a 17/6 starting SF and we had him last season. Not hard at all to aquire players at that position.

Finally - Artest isn't Pippen. Kobe isn't Jordan and Lamar isn't a a HOF.

Get over it.

Ah, so Big Z greater than Artest? No.

Why post BS you know is garbage?
Ank
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 5:49 pm    Post subject:

KA_2 wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
Quote:
That was kobe's best shot at winning without shaq immedietely. Trading bynum for artest and having Artest kobe and Lamar. Bynum is not closer to being ready. I can not see him getting big minuets under phil jackson until maybe the 3rd yr. That's 3 wasted yrs out of kobe's prime.

And in 3 years Bynum could be the anchor inside and a real low post Center.

Even a 15/10 Center is more valuable than a SF like Artest. No matter how good that SF is on defense - The Center has more impact on the game defensively and offensively.

Very easy to aquire 3's in the league. Caron Butler is a 17/6 starting SF and we had him last season. Not hard at all to aquire players at that position.

Finally - Artest isn't Pippen. Kobe isn't Jordan and Lamar isn't a a HOF.

Get over it.

Ah, so Big Z greater than Artest? No.

Why post BS you know is garbage?

If Z were as young as Nene? Hell yes, he would be worth more than Artest. You kidding me? 16/9 Centers that are 7 3 don't grow on trees. DPOYs don't either, but come on. A great center is worth more than a great swingman.
KA_2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:03 pm    Post subject:

Ank wrote:
If Z were as young as Nene? Hell yes, he would be worth more than Artest. You kidding me? 16/9 Centers that are 7 3 don't grow on trees. DPOYs don't either, but come on. A great center is worth more than a great swingman.

I don't disagree with you at all, the problem is we're comparing apples to oranges here. One player is a big man that can block some shots and grab a good amount of boards (~10 a game), i.e. Big Z. The other is a former and current DPOY player that can guard 3 positions (Artest). That's a large, large gap defensively. Big men that can block shots and clog the lane are not more valuable defensively than annual DPOY perimeter players, otherwise DeSagana Diop is a DPOY this year.

Unless that big man is a prime David Robinson, Hakeem, Alonzo, or Duncan, very rarely are they going to have more impact than a great perimeter defender on the level of an Artest, Pippen, Cooper, Moncrief, etc. I'm going to take a wild guess and say Bynum won't have Robinson/Dream/Zo/TD/etc. type of impact defensively, but I hope I'm wrong.
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 7:17 am    Post subject:

We should know in about a week.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5
Jump to: