Press Enterprise: Kupchak doesn't expect to make trade
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vlade
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:12 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Quote:
That was kobe's best shot at winning without shaq immedietely. Trading bynum for artest and having Artest kobe and Lamar. Bynum is not closer to being ready. I can not see him getting big minuets under phil jackson until maybe the 3rd yr. That's 3 wasted yrs out of kobe's prime.

And in 3 years Bynum could be the anchor inside and a real low post Center.

Even a 15/10 Center is more valuable than a SF like Artest. No matter how good that SF is on defense - The Center has more impact on the game defensively and offensively.

Very easy to aquire 3's in the league. Caron Butler is a 17/6 starting SF and we had him last season. Not hard at all to aquire players at that position.

Finally - Artest isn't Pippen. Kobe isn't Jordan and Lamar isn't a a HOF.

Get over it.

Thank you Wolf!!!
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:16 pm    Post subject:

DaggerInTheHeart wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
And in 3 years Bynum could be the anchor inside and a real low post Center.

Even a 15/10 Center is more valuable than a SF like Artest. No matter how good that SF is on defense - The Center has more impact on the game defensively and offensively.

Very easy to aquire 3's in the league. Caron Butler is a 17/6 starting SF and we had him last season. Not hard at all to aquire players at that position.

Finally - Artest isn't Pippen. Kobe isn't Jordan and Lamar isn't a a HOF.

Get over it.

No one's gonna listen to what you have to say wolf, your opinion is no different then any other person.

and we don't know how Bynum will turn out he very well can become a bust.

Huh?

And your opinion matters more?

We all just share opinions on this board.

Rest assure though - The Lakers wouldn't trade Bynum for Artest.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
lionballer7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:18 pm    Post subject:

Bynum is NOT a sure thing!

I for one would not know what to do if that trade was on the table, because Ron Artest next to Kobe would be AMAZING!

but if Bynum turns out to be a typical Mitch pick, EVERYONE on this board will regret not trading for Artest.
Vlade
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:21 pm    Post subject:

lionballer7 wrote:

I for one would not know what to do if that trade was on the table, because Ron Artest next to Kobe would be AMAZING!

but if Bynum turns out to be a typical Mitch pick, EVERYONE on this board will regret not trading for Artest.

OK, if you had to bet your life on one of these two choices, which would it be:
1) Bynum becomes an all-star center eventually
2) Artest avoids going crazy and ruining his team for the rest of his entire career.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:32 pm    Post subject:

Vlade wrote:
lionballer7 wrote:

OK, if you had to bet your life on one of these two choices, which would it be:
1) Bynum becomes an all-star center eventually
2) Artest avoids going crazy and ruining his team for the rest of his entire career.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Sidious
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:42 pm    Post subject:

Bynum is at minimum 4 years away from making an impact. And when he does make an impact there's not even a guarantee that he's gonna be good. Face it, we're idiots.

Oh and by the way, Kobe Bryant will be retired and in the hall of fame by the time that all happens.
koolruningz
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:44 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
"We had hoped to get a contribution from Aaron, which we haven't because he had a hard time learning the offense and because he got injured," Kupchak said.

This part troubles me a bit, wasnt McKie signed because he has a high B.Ball IQ and he would pick up the offence quickly? Im sure i remember reading that when he was signed.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:10 pm    Post subject:

Sidious wrote:
Bynum is at minimum 4 years away from making an impact. And when he does make an impact there's not even a guarantee that he's gonna be good. Face it, we're idiots.

Oh and by the way, Kobe Bryant will be retired and in the hall of fame by the time that all happens.

4 years? Wow, I must be watching a different team. The Lakers do still wear purple and gold, right?
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:13 pm    Post subject:

Sidious wrote:

Kwame starts on our team.

Bynum is learning 2-3 fundamentals and an offseason of conditioning/weight training away from being a key player on this team.

He isn't that far away from being a starter on this team.

Last edited by wolfpaclaker on Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
kells1220
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:14 pm    Post subject:

Maybe they should change the offence if it is so complicated. I know thats why the Lakers won 3 titles but I think this team is too young to get it. The pieces aren't fitting.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:14 pm    Post subject:

kells1220 wrote:
Maybe they should change the offence if it is so complicated. I know thats why the Lakers won 3 titles but I think this team is too young to get it. The pieces aren't fitting.

No, they will probably just add better players/pieces.
kells1220
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:16 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
kells1220 wrote:

Well, I hope they do add better players, but I don't know how likely that is.
DaggerInTheHeart
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:18 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

Question is how/when?

We have no assets besides Odom and Bynum and we all know Kobe is not getting traded and Bynum is not going anywhere.

So how do we get good peices to make this team better? if we make a trade we will somehow get ripped off.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:20 pm    Post subject:

kells1220 wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
kells1220 wrote:

Well, I hope they do add better players, but I don't know how likely that is.

Well in all fairness, a lot of these guys could get better.

I mean Kwame for instance. He is a 6/6 player right now - but next season he may become more consistent. Especially if he gets an oppurtunity to get minutes at Center (his more natural spot)

Then theres LO. Odom is getting better at posting up and should have the Tri down by next season. LO just had two consecutive games where he's attacked the post and taken good shots. That's what you want from him - because you know that the rest of his game is pretty consistent.

Ofcourse there's the guy I'm most high on - Bynum.

Cookies gotten better each season.

Turiaf should be more in shape next season. A more athletic Mark Madsen always sparks a team off the bench.

There's a couple of players that could be better next season. That will help us too.

Last edited by wolfpaclaker on Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:22 pm    Post subject:

DaggerInTheHeart wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

Question is how/when?

We have no assets besides Odom and Bynum and we all know Kobe is not getting traded and Bynum is not going anywhere.

So how do we get good peices to make this team better? if we make a trade we will somehow get ripped off.

If they don't have a capspace plan anymore - there will be moves and there will be much better usage of the MLE.

But go ahead and think the Lakers are doomed - just don't expect me to join you. Ever.
Krispy Kreme
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:24 pm    Post subject:

"Very easy to aquire 3's in the league. Caron Butler is a 17/6 starting SF and we had him last season. Not hard at all to aquire players at that position. "

very easy? i dont think so. we had to deal the most dominant big man(at the time) for a package that included butler.
DaggerInTheHeart
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:25 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
If they don't have a capspace plan anymore - there will be moves and there will be much better usage of the MLE.

But go ahead and think the Lakers are doomed - just don't expect me to join you. Ever.

I hope your right wolf, but these kind of posts have been going around for the last 2 summers.

I'm not sure if the Lakers have the smarts to pull out a big trade to put this team into a contending status

Magic did say we are 1 good player and 1 good role-player away from competeing for a championship not sure if the Lakers can get it done though.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:26 pm    Post subject:

Purplereign34 wrote:
"Very easy to aquire 3's in the league. Caron Butler is a 17/6 starting SF and we had him last season. Not hard at all to aquire players at that position. "

very easy? i dont think so. we had to deal the most dominant big man(at the time) for a package that included butler.

Duncan was the better bigman at the time as was Amare.

There's about 5 big's better than Shaq right now.

And Butler wasn't the main player. That was Odom.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:27 pm    Post subject:

DaggerInTheHeart wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

I hope your right wolf, but these kind of posts have been going around for the last 2 summers.

I'm not sure if the Lakers have the smarts to pull out a big trade to put this team into a contending status

Magic did say we are 1 good player and 1 good role-player away from competeing for a championship not sure if the Lakers can get it done though.

Magic is right.

If they truly want to win now, I think they can get a few players added. The thing that has been restricting the Lakers the last 2 years has been the capspace plans. If that's over with - Then they can fully be aggressive and take on some bigger contracts.

And use a 3-5 year MLE for a change.
tgf5
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:31 pm    Post subject:

We lost to the freaken Atlanta Hawks. We definitely need a trade.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:36 pm    Post subject:

tgf5 wrote:

One season during the latest threepeat, the Lakers were swept by the Sonics who didn't make the playoffs.

The Lakers still did OK that season.

Yes, wins and losses matter when trying to make the playoffs, but you have to take the season in as a whole before ripping your hair out over one game.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:37 pm    Post subject:

tgf5 wrote:

So I guess Detroit should feel the same way too

BTW - A trade would be welcomed by me.

The loss isn't the reason a trade should be made. A trade should be made if they can benefit from it and improve longterm by it.

Anyone that thinks game to game has no vision.
DaggerInTheHeart
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:38 pm    Post subject:

encina1 wrote:
Yes, wins and losses matter when trying to make the playoffs, but you have to take the season in as a whole before ripping your hair out over one game.

It's more easy to swallow a lose against a bad team when your a contender because you know at the end you will still be there.

This team can't lose to these kind of teams cause at the end of the season it will hurt them.
tgf5
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:41 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
tgf5 wrote:

The loss isn't the reason a trade should be made. A trade should be made if they can benefit from it and improve longterm by it.

Well I'm just thinking from a fan perspective not satisfied with a .500 record. Competition is getting tougher with still Utah, Minnesota and Houston not in the playoffs but close on the tail. If we keep this team, playoffs may just have to wait till next season. I'm optimistic too
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:43 pm    Post subject:

tgf5 wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
tgf5 wrote:

Well I'm just thinking from a fan perspective not satisfied with a .500 record. Competition is getting tougher with still Utah, Minnesota and Houston not in the playoffs but close on the tail. If we keep this team, playoffs may just have to wait till next season. I'm optimistic too

I'm not satisfied either - but I don't want them to trade for the sake of wining 5-7 more games this season and then being stuck with bad contracts for the next 5 years.

I hope the Lakers do make a trade. But it has to be a smart trade that's going to benefit them longterm.

I rather risk lottery this season than make a trade that only helps us this season but indebts us longterm.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5
Jump to: