Ever thought about what might have happened if the Lakers passed on LeBron?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Carushow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:18 pm    Post subject: Ever thought about what might have happened if the Lakers passed on LeBron?

Like, is it crazy to think that LeBron would have probably chosen the other LA-team, bringing AD there?

And with LeBron out of the picture, is it crazy to think that Paul George might have come to the Lakers in free agency instead of re-signing with the Rockets?

Is it further crazy to think Kawhi would've probably joined the Lakers this off-season with PG on the roster?

Am I crazy for thinking that the Lakers could be the Clippers and vice versa, if the Lakers passed on LeBron?

Thoughts?

And would you rather have PG and KL on this team with some of our young core still intact and AD and LBJ on a more depleted Clippers-team, or are you more happy with what we actually got?
Pau Gasol's Beard
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:27 pm    Post subject:

If Lebron didn't come here we would still have all those scrubs who are sucking on other teams and we would still suck like crap /thread
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:35 pm    Post subject:

Pau Gasol's Beard wrote:
If Lebron didn't come here we would still have all those scrubs who are sucking on other teams and we would still suck like crap /thread

Agreed the piss & moan trend would be 150 pages long and we would have a new tread everyday how the Lakers suck and the FO is stupid for not getting Lebron and beating the future on young unproven talent.
DShotMaker1824
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:36 pm    Post subject:

Don't get me started on this topic. I promised I'd be quiet until the season ends.

"Through the legs to the left, through the legs to the right, we don't run them Laker plays, we just Kobe fadeaway..."
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Ever thought about what might have happened if the Lakers passed on LeBron?

Carushow wrote:
Like, is it crazy to think that LeBron would have probably chosen the other LA-team, bringing AD there?

And with LeBron out of the picture, is it crazy to think that Paul George might have come to the Lakers in free agency instead of re-signing with the Rockets?

Is it further crazy to think Kawhi would've probably joined the Lakers this off-season with PG on the roster?

Am I crazy for thinking that the Lakers could be the Clippers and vice versa, if the Lakers passed on LeBron?

Thoughts?

And would you rather have PG and KL on this team with some of our young core still intact and AD and LBJ on a more depleted Clippers-team, or are you more happy with what we actually got?

First of all, I can’t imagine lebron go to the clippers
But just for the argument sake. If the clippers got AD and lebron, and they still have Lou and montz, then they will be the champions, simple as that. Clippers can offer NO whatever they offered to OKC for AD. Probably won’t even cost that much.

If PG signed with the Lakers p, and we sign kawhi the next summer, we’d still have everyone of our young guys and every pick. What’s that stopping us from offering the same thing for AD?
So in theory, we can have a big 3 of AD, PG and kawhi.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Ever thought about what might have happened if the Lakers passed on LeBron?

mad55557777 wrote:
Carushow wrote:

Thoughts?

First of all, I can’t imagine lebron go to the clippers
But just for the argument sake. If the clippers got AD and lebron, and they still have Lou and montz, then they will be the champions, simple as that. Clippers can offer NO whatever they offered to OKC for AD. Probably won’t even cost that much.

If PG signed with the Lakers p, and we sign kawhi the next summer, we’d still have everyone of our young guys and every pick. What’s that stopping us from offering the same thing for AD?

What would be stopping us is that AD specifically wanted to play for the Lakers because of the big name (and Lebron). I doubt that he'd be angling so vehemently with Chris Paul to join Kawhi and Paul George. He'd probably go to the Clippers.
Carushow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Ever thought about what might have happened if the Lakers passed on LeBron?

mad55557777 wrote:
Carushow wrote:

Thoughts?

I think AD goes wherever LBJ goes tbh, Klutch and all. But all those picks and the young core could've probably netted the Lakers something nice.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:56 pm    Post subject:

Someone who would think about this probably still thinks about Pau Gasol’s beard.

(This is a stealth thread folks)
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2019 5:51 pm    Post subject:

Just imagine the heat the Lakers' FO would've gotten if they passed on LeBron, on top of the heat they had already gotten for several years.
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2019 5:57 pm    Post subject:

Think about it all you want. If you need me I’ll be over here in reality.
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2019 7:02 pm    Post subject:

We would have Kawhi and PG along with most of our youth. lebron would have went to the clippers because all he cared about was being in LA, but the clippers would have had to trade a lot of their quality players to get AD.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2019 7:09 pm    Post subject:

No specifics needed. Players want to be in LA.

The Lakers married themselves to Klutch. Pressure is on Lebron to deliver for his legacy, specifically more pressure now given that Kawhi is in his way again.

And no excuses of a Golden State super team either.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2019 7:09 pm    Post subject:

kwase wrote:
We would have Kawhi and PG along with most of our youth. lebron would have went to the clippers because all he cared about was being in LA, but the clippers would have had to trade a lot of their quality players to get AD.

Our great "youth" of overrated players. Yeah.
Chad09
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:14 pm    Post subject:

Ever thought about what might have happened if the Lakers traded for PG13?
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Ever thought about what might have happened if the Lakers passed on LeBron?

Carushow wrote:

Thoughts?

This scenario requires too many guesses to be worth the bother.
BruceLee-Bron23
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:58 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
kwase wrote:

Our great "youth" of overrated players. Yeah.

And as of today we would have had a worse record than what we have with Lebron and AD.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:04 pm    Post subject:

The thought of Paul George coming here ended when we didn't trade for him
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:07 pm    Post subject:

And because PG got his feelings hurt when we wouldn't give up our youngsters for him, Kawhi wouldn't be coming either.

Which means the entire question is pointless.

If we wanted PG we would have needed to trade for him.

“As far as the Lakers, I wanted to go to L.A.,” George says. “They didn’t make that happen. They didn’t put nothing together. So that’s in the back of my mind [when I became a free agent]. That was in the back of my mind.”

https://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-not-trading-for-paul-george-was-in-the-back-of-my-mind-in-2018-nba-free-agency/2019/11/21/
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:20 pm    Post subject:

And Paul George revises history whenever it's convenient. He is delusional.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:22 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
And Paul George revises history whenever it's convenient. He is delusional.

At the very least he can't be trusted with his word.

So why is everyone willing to trust him when he says he was definitely coming here?

Every indication since has been that he definitely was not. The idea that PG was "in the bag" until Lebron got here is itself a delusional concept.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:13 pm    Post subject:

PG13 wanted us to trade BI and the then #2 pick to get him (which is what the Pacers wanted). Then the team would have sucked and he’d bolt. A man of his word he is not. Plus I don’t see him joining the team as the sole all star in 2018. That would actually take some guts and heart.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:34 am    Post subject:

Beir32 wrote:
Think about it all you want. If you need me I’ll be over here in reality.

Reality Bites
cencio_999
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2019 5:47 am    Post subject:

My favourite "what if lebron didn't come to the lakers" scenario includes keeping D'angelo, BI and Julius, and trading Lonzo for PG13.

And I got no problem with saying that I would have been much more emotionally involved with that team than the current one
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2019 5:54 am    Post subject:

DLo - max ($29.3mil)
Randle - $20.7mil
Ball - $8.7mil
Zu - $7mil
Clarkson - $12mil
Hart - $1.9 mil
BI - looking like max contract offer from someone is coming (maybe like DLo $29.3mil)

TOTAL: $108.9mil

vs

LeBron - max ($38.3)
AD - should be max (maybe like LeBorn: $38.3)
DG - $15mil
KCP - $8.3mil
Kuz -$2mil
Caruso - $2.7mil
McGee - $4.1mil

TOTAL: $108.7mil
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2019 5:54 am    Post subject:

drae wrote:
And because PG got his feelings hurt when we wouldn't give up our youngsters for him, Kawhi wouldn't be coming either.

Which means the entire question is pointless.

If we wanted PG we would have needed to trade for him.

“As far as the Lakers, I wanted to go to L.A.,” George says. “They didn’t make that happen. They didn’t put nothing together. So that’s in the back of my mind [when I became a free agent]. That was in the back of my mind.”

https://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-not-trading-for-paul-george-was-in-the-back-of-my-mind-in-2018-nba-free-agency/2019/11/21/

PG is a soft ass (bleep) and gave 0 (bleep) about knifing Westbrook and OKC in the back after calling OKC "family" and Westbrook his "brother." PG has cratered every team he's joined by his weak, loser's mentality, which is often on display in the playoffs or other clutch situations.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: