Who's most hated?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who do you dislike most?
TOM BRADY
14%
 14%  [ 6 ]
BILL BELICHICK
7%
 7%  [ 3 ]
LeBRON JAMES
17%
 17%  [ 7 ]
FLOYD MAYWEATHER
34%
 34%  [ 14 ]
MIKE VICK
17%
 17%  [ 7 ]
OTHER (explain)
9%
 9%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 41

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:32 pm    Post subject: Who's most hated?

I see a lot of hate directed at professional athletes and coaches. Who do you hate most and why?

Athlete or coach doesn't have to be active. I left O J off the list because I thought it was to obvious a choice. He's the most hated.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:59 pm    Post subject:

Was OJ already hated before the murder?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:38 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:

NO. He was cooperate America's poster boy. Remember Hertz?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:40 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

NO. He was cooperate America's poster boy. Remember Hertz?

I don't. He was way before my time.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:56 pm    Post subject:

Mayweather, easily. Three of the people on that list haven't committed violence against anyone (that I know of), and Vick has done his best to atone for what he did.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:05 pm    Post subject:

^ yep! Floyd! Hate that guy man. Absolutely nothing redeemable about his personality on top of beating women (how tf do people not dislike this guy, let alone love him) even Kobe! Pisses me off how everywhere I turn in the black community people love him
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:08 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Mayweather, easily. Three of the people on that list haven't committed violence against anyone (that I know of), and Vick has done his best to atone for what he did.

IA. Every time I make that point I get laced. I don't condone what he did, I applaud his contriteness and reform. I don't support Vick, I stand by the system.

rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:28 pm    Post subject:

So this is the All-Jodeke team....

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:47 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
^ yep! Floyd! Hate that guy man. Absolutely nothing redeemable about his personality on top of beating women (how tf do people not dislike this guy, let alone love him) even Kobe! Pisses me off how everywhere I turn in the black community people love him

Are you Black?

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:03 am    Post subject:

Soon as I saw Floyd’s name it was an easy choice lol
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:03 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:

OJ was massively popular as a crossover star who did movies and pitched products.
Bol
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:10 pm    Post subject:

I don't really care about any of those guys. Maybe Devin Booker? He's pretty annoying.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:21 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:

No, far from it...
He was in Hollywood movies.
He was involved in many TV movies and shows.
He was a spokesperson for a couple of well known companies back in those days as well.
He was on the NBC on NFL broadcasts. If you grew up watching NFL in the 80's to 90's chances are you saw him working a game. He wasn't limited to doing football I believe he did some Olympic coverage as well.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:24 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

No, far from it...
He was a spokesperson for a couple of well known companies back in those days as well.
He was on the NBC on NFL broadcasts. If you grew up watching NFL in the 80's to 90's chances are you saw him working a game. He wasn't limited to doing football I believe he did some Olympic coverage as well.

How good of an NFL player was he? Like who would be an equivalent level star in the NBA? I only know him for the murder.

lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:27 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

No, far from it...

How good of an NFL player was he? Like who would be an equivalent level star in the NBA? I only know him for the murder.

I don't know about the NBA, but I think for comparison, think Adrian Peterson, Barry Sanders, Eric Dickerson, etc. Think of any prolific record setting running back and that is who OJ was. Also OJ was way more charismatic than any of those guys and this is why he had major crossover appeal.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:37 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

I had Vick as lower because dog fighting to me is super reprehensible but I forgot Floyd is a woman beater. Damn. At least Vick had to suffer consequences and was apologetic about it. Floyd sucks.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:24 pm    Post subject:

fmw is a real low life...*

* can't say what I want here
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:04 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

No, far from it...

Tops. An equivalent level star in the NBA would probably be someone with the talent of anyone in the top 10, with the marketing appeal of a Jordan. First player to rush for 2K yards, back when they only played 14 games (only to ever do this, btw), setting the still-existing NFL record for a single season rushing yards per game average. Multiple pro bowls, multi-time rushing leader, multi-time touchdown leader, etc. And this all came after one of the greatest careers in college athletics, with a Heisman and one of the all-time greatest/most memorable running plays in college football history being his shining achievements.

He's obviously a horrible person, but he is indisputably one of the greatest running backs to ever lace em up.
70sdude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:12 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

No, far from it...

Public feeling around the Juice was mixed before the murder. The man could put on a personable public face and act like a goofy fellow on-camera, but his on-field work and rumors of him beating his wife and girlfriends led to many folks to dislike OJ, including: UCLA fans, many additional PAC-8/10/12 fans, Big Ten fans, Notre Dame, even some USC and Buffalo fans, etc. My best friend is an SC man all the way and still blames OJ for taking money in the 1969 Rose Bowl (those three fumbles get hard to explain away.)
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:18 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Are you Black?

I am, and I have zero respect for him either. He's got a serious short man complex, his fights were boring, and I just can't support a man that takes pics wearing gucci panties and womens boots.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:30 pm    Post subject:

kwase wrote:
jodeke wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Are you Black?

I am, and I have zero respect for him either. He's got a serious short man complex, his fights were boring, and I just can't support a man that takes pics wearing gucci panties and womens boots.

hit the nail on the head here...

fmw is a real low life
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:11 pm    Post subject:

Floyd just played with the emotions of fight fans everywhere ......

Be a complete douche. Make people hate you ..... call out America's favorite cross dresser and spite Arum in the process. Make 25M for the fight and nothing less for every fight after.

Genius. People paid to watch him lose and every time emotions got in the midst of the events, dude ran straight to the bank. And even though he is a complete Ahole, it doesnt suck walking around with a 100M dollar check that hasnt been cashed.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:02 pm    Post subject:

kwase wrote:
jodeke wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Are you Black?

So he and Oscar are more alike than they are different?
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:25 pm    Post subject:

kwase wrote:
jodeke wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Are you Black?

I was kind of following along until we got to the sexuality fears thing.
OCWA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:27 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:

OJ was beloved. That is one of the reasons why the murders were such a big story.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: